Azur Lane: Land To Sea.

By TheQuoteMan2

A Land Commander turned into a Naval Commander. How will he stack up against the extra-terrestrial opponent... More

Prologue: Dealing with New Realities
2: A Soldier's Thought Process
3: Otherworldly Introductions
4: Ceremony Of Uncertainty
5: Foretelling and Initiating
6: Survey
7: Tea & Insturments
8: Taken Back
9: War Follows
10: Blossoming Threats
11: Response
12: Preparedness
13: Desperation
14: Show of Authority
15: 'Plan G'
16: Inexperienced
17: Center Stage
18: Royalties
19: Exercises and Ambushes
20: Deception
21: Trial of Perseverance
22: Consolidate & Counter-Attack
23: Conviction
24: Familiar Feeling
25: Wonderful View (Special)
25.5: Match and Match-Making (Special Pt.2)
26: One More Prep
27: Operation: Snowstorm
28: Fierce and Iron-Blooded
29: A Done Deal
30: Fighting admist the Snow
31: Fight of a Lifetime
32: Loyalty in Blood
33: Reality of Fights
34: A Lesson of Regret
35: Secretary Woes (Special)
36: Foresight-Seeing
(Special): Distance in the Mistletoe
37: A Mental Skirmish
38: A Connection
39: Faces with Past Traces
40: Warning Shots
41 - Allotted Time
42 - A Stronghold's Last Stand
43: Ethereal Finale
44 - A Deserved Celebration

35.5: Mysterious Guest (COLLAB?!)

2.7K 42 27
By TheQuoteMan2

=================

Like or not, humans, not just Caster, is spread out across timelines, with their own adventures. But human timelines are rare. So 'otherworlder' timelines, for the Sirens, are in very high demand.

Exhibit 1:

???: Another day... This is quite a rough day to be flying out.

Sebastian continued his quotidian flight training and helping the fleets on missions when there was no paperwork to detain him at the office or Atago and Takao to annoy him, during one of his usual flights he saw a storm on the sea whose clouds lit up with red bolts of lightning.

Sebastian: Control tower, this is Black Leader, a strange storm approaches my position, over.

Oklahoma: Oklahoma, Control Tower. Black Leader, can you specify what it looks like? 

Sebastian: The storm has red flashes of lightning and it's moving... Towards me?

Oklahoma: Shit! This is an anomaly, Black Leader do not approach it! Do you copy?!

Sebastian: Hello? Control Tower? Transmission seems jammed, I can't hear you. I'm going into the storm to take scientific readings.

Oklahoma: Commander!!!

=================

Sebastian set off in cruising flight towards the storm once he entered it he had some turbulence but nothing alarming, he approached the eye of the storm but at the moment when he saw a strange white cube, a blinding light enveloped him.

He felt weightless in the middle of the light but he was terribly worried, a deep voice beckoned him from seemingly every direction.

???: You don't seem to belong here... Very interesting.

The light dissipated and he gradually felt the wind behind him, he looked around and saw that he was in free fall, he turned in the air and opened the parachute that he always had with him when he was in flight. 

From the air he could see where he was, he was above the base of Azur Lane which he knew well as he descended and observed the island he noticed that it was quite different from the one he knew, the aerodrome was no longer there and a school building was next to the principal he saw no shipgirl from heights. 

He got closer to the ground and cut the rope to land behind a building with a roll. While he still had a knee on the ground he felt a slight pressure on his helmet and the breach of a firearm.

???: Stay where you are! Identify yourself!

He watched out of the corner of his eye in the direction of the voice of the man who is pointing a gun at his head and saw only his EBR 14 and his military clothes.

Sebastian: I don't think kiddo.

???: (A human?!)

Sebastian hit on the side of his opponent's weapon before the latter fired, the bullet made his impact on the ground, and stood to face his adversary.

Seb punched him but the soldier countered it, he took his handgun to shoot him in the knee, Sebastian cashed in the pain and dislodged his wrist which held the handgun.

He took out the knife he kept on the strap of his bulletproof vest Sebastian's opponent also drew his knife, both encountered against each other's blade without seeming to take advantage of the other but they were gradually exhausted, the opponent very quickly saw a blind spot and planted his knife in Sebastian's shoulder who dropped his weapon to take a grenade in his vest which he pinned and approached to the face of the other who hit his knuckle to take the grenade and wedge it in Seb's vest then he kicked Sebastian who fell a few meters away and his grenade exploded, seriously injuring the warrior.

With the gas mask nearly falling off, and his injured and exhausted opponent took a few steps back and sat down against a wall. 

His opponent stood up despite the grenade and the wounds and walked towards the other man he took the weapon of the seated man and pulled the trigger after pointing at him...

...Nothing happened, he looked at the top of the pistol to sees that it had jammed. The two men saw that and began to laugh slightly.

???: That's convenient. I totally knew that was coming...

Sebastian: Tsk... It's your lucky day.

He came to sit right next to his opponent and took off his mask and helmet to reveal his face and his emerald green eyes. The two watched the sunset in front of them.

???: The name's Edrich Caster. Are you actually okay from the fight? I'm sorry it had to go the way it went. 

He said in a hint of genuine worry about the gun and grenade fight they had prior.

Sebastian: I'm Sebastian. And I'm alright.

Caster: Thank god, you lived. I only kill Sirens. That would have been problems for me trying to patch you up.

Sebastian: And I, can't deny that you know how to fight.

Caster: Wait, you're the only other male I've seen. Are you perhaps, an otherworlder?

The prolonged stare at each other was a bit awkward, to say the least. As they have never seen another fellow male before.

Sebastian: Yes and no, I appeared on an island with "shipgirls", I made my living, and then I found myself in the sky here.

Caster nodded. But he was reluctant to tell him what his upbringing is.

Caster: I see. Pretty similar to mine.

Sebastian: Huh?

Caster grabbed something out of his pocket. It was some chocolate bars that he received from Javelin and Unicorn. He had so much of it, so he tried offering some to the newly discovered otherworlder. 

Caster: Want some?

Sebastian: Hm... Sure?

Caster: There we go.

As the 2 otherworlders eat their chocolates and casually having a friendly time together, (even though they literally just met 10 minutes ago and fought.) without much worry.

Sebastian: Say, the way you're fighting and your accent, I would say that you are an American soldier?

Caster: You could just simplify it with just me being an American. You had to make that confusing to me.

He took a big bite of the chocolate.

Caster: From your posture, and habits, I think you may be a Russian?

Sebastian: Wow. How the hell did you know?

Caster suddenly chuckled.

Caster: The accent just gave it away too easily. Also, sorry about your knee, your shoulder, and that triple grenade action.

Sebastian: Ah, that? It will heal. What about your wrist?

Caster: I'll go see Vestal. *sigh* What a world...

Sebastian: Aren't you happy? Full of pretty girls and no competition..

Caster: I don't see it that way myself. But that's one way to look at it.

???: Commander!

Both looked in the direction of the voice by reflex to see a huge group of girls running towards them panicked seeing their Commander wounded but above all another man next to him. They all stood on guard and pointed all their weapons at

Sebastian who remained impassive.

Caster: Uh, oh... 

Sebastian: Hello there.

Akagi: Is this the man who harmed my love?!

Caster: Yes.

Akagi was fuming all over and then she threw one of her Sakura Petals at Sebastian who stopped it with his fingers and broke it like a biscuit. 

Sebastian: Stop your bullshit, cutie.

Caster: Don't engage. It was a misunderstanding, everyone.

Enterprise: Are you sure, Commander?!

She shouted in the distance as she winded up her bow.

He rubbed his eyes. And turned his head to Enty.

Caster: Yes. Also, patch this guy up. He's pretty injured.

They were in misunderstanding, then Sebastian got up dominating the others by the eight and reached out to Caster who grabbed his hand to get up then Sebastian put Caster's arm on his shoulder to help the Commander to stand up. 

Sebastian: Did you hear the Commander? You don't get tired I know the way to the infirmary.

There was nothing else on the girl's faces except confusion for most of the girls and rage for Akagi and Roon.

Caster: This world is a blessing and a big curse at the same time...

He said before he finally finished his chocolate. He got thirsty because of it. But he wasn't gonna leave the poor guy alone.

Caster: Actually, before I help you out, how the hell did you get here? Like, from your 'world'?

Sebastian: I was flying in a storm and in its eye, there was a strange white cube. An intrigued Caster took his white cube of wisdom out of his pocket to show it to Sebastian.

Caster: Like this one?

Sebastian: Exactly.

Sebastian took in his hand but gigantic flames came out of the cube which made him drop the cube in the grass, as soon as he was no longer in contact with the cube with Sebastian's hand the flames stopped bursting flames. 

Caster took it in his hand, the cube seemed normal but a red light sometimes and to vibrate with a strange energy. Caster, who is strange reasoning, threw his own Wisdom Cube to Enterprise to catch. And in turn, it didn't react.

=================

Caster: What is that cube you're wielding exactly?

They started to walk together to the infirmary followed by Vestal and Enterprise. 

Once behind the door, Sebastian opened it and Caster helped him sit on a hospital bed while Caster sat down on a chair. Vestal began to heal his commander's wrist and gave him a piece of cloth.

Vestal: Put it in your mouth, it will hurt, but don't flinch too much.

Caster did so and the nurse in a quick but precise movement repaired his wrist which made him screaming in pain, Vestal wrapped his wrist in a bandage and he removed the piece of cloth he had in his mouth. Vestal started treating Sebastian's injuries.

Enterprise: Commander, will you be okay?

Caster: Don't worry too much, Enterprise. I've survived worse.

Enterprise: Who are you?

Sebastian: The name's Sebastian, I come from the other world too. Caster, do you have any idea how to come back to my world?

Caster: Your guess is just good as mine...

Sebastian: *sigh* What to do...

Vestal: That's strange...

Sebastian: What?

Vestal: There are wounds, but the metal shards and the bullets are not inside, and yet no exit wound...

Sebastian: Don't ask yourself too many questions...

She obliged with Sebastian scoffing at her concerns of his body's durability as she disinfected her wounds and bandaged them while Enterprise and Caster both talked to each other for the 1st time in a very long time.

Sebastian got up as soon as the nurse's work was finished and looked at the window to see the dark night.

Caster: I'm going to my office now. You might wanna rest those wounds now.

Sebastian: Thank you, but I'm fine sleeping anywhere but no here though.

Caster: No. I'm not letting you.

They left the infirmary and saw Belfast waiting for Caster.

Belfast: Master.

Caster: Belfast, can you take him to a room?

Belfast: Okay...

Caster: Be at least welcoming. We don't get this type of visitors often.

She nodded, and then still threw a cold look at Sebastian.

Sebastian: Can I have the privilege of not getting killed in my sleep by that obsessive fox girl?

Caster: Akagi? She's kinda strange it's true.

Sebastian: If you hear gunshots in the middle of the night, that means she tried. See you tomorrow.

Caster: Okay... (This guy does not mess around...)

Belfast guided the soldier to a small room and left him outside the door without a word. Sebastian went in, took off his clothes, and went to bed.

=================

The rest of the night passed without a problem and luckily no shots were fired overnight.

Caster got up the next morning and did his morning routine, he went out and went to the cafeteria in the corridors he met several shipgirls. who he knew well and who he greeted, he entered the cafeteria which was strangely calm although crowded as usual.

All the girls looked in one direction and the whispers and gossiping going well. He looked in the same direction as the girls to see

Sebastian sipping coffee next to the table on which the coffee machine was placed. 

Sebastian holding a magnificent poker face as he watched the girls staring at him. Caster approached him and made himself a coffee which he began to sip under the inquisitive looks of the girls.

Caster: Morning.

Sebastian: Hello...

Caster: The amount of girls staring right at us is exactly what I felt on my first day here... I still haven't gotten used to this feeling.

Sebastian: Yeah... Me too. Anyway, you have things to do?

Caster: Only commissions, and some recons as well. About you?

Sebastian: I have nothing else to do so I can fight under your command, if you want me to make myself useful, you have to know that I am a pretty good pilot.

Caster: Okay, I'll see if I can send you on a mission then.

Sebastian put his cup behind him, the two heard something fall into his mug and saw Akagi walk away from the table with an evil smile on her lips and Sebastian took his coffee in his hand and examined it.

Caster: Goddamn it...

He already knows before Sebastian can even look into his cup.

Sebastian sniffed his coffee. And put his face away immediately for a second. 

Sebastian: *sigh* Cyanide...

Caster: I-I'm really sorry. I will talk to her later. This will not stand.

Sebastian: It's alright, not your fault.

Sebastian cleaned his cup and put it away.

Sebastian: It's a shame, it was a good coffee. 

Unicorn: Onii-chan, who is this?

Caster: His name is Sebastian.

Caster patted the adorable Unicorn head and Sebastian lowered himself to the height of the little girl.

Sebastian: Don't worry I'm a good guy.

He made a heartwarming smile to Unicorn and then stood up to get away from the cafeteria. Some girls who were silent earlier started chatting once again as nothing happened and Cleveland approached Caster.

Cleveland: Who is he?

Caster: *sigh* An ally, I hope... 

Cleveland: Hm... (That isn't reassuring...)

=================

Two hours later.

Sebastian was waiting on the docks geared up and ready to fight like always, and then Caster arrived in his naval commander uniform.

Sebastian: It fits you well.

Caster: Thanks, I guess. I thought about it and if you're a pilot you must go with an aircraft carrier on a mission. There is Graf Zeppelin, Illustrious, Hornet, and Kaga who goes on separate missions...

He raised his hand to get the attention of the girls.

Caster: Girls! Which one wants to go on a mission with Sebastian?

They looked at each other without saying a word, then Illustrious sighed and raised her hand slowly.

Sebastian: I guess I'll go with her.

Caster: Good luck.

Sebastian: Thanks.

He followed Illustrious to her ship and climbed on the main bridge then the HMS Illustrious began to sail.

Sebastian: You don't have to pretend to be happy that I'm accompanying you.

Illustrious: Otherworlder, the only reason I raised my hand was not to plunge the Commander into embarrassment.

Sebastian: Sure you did. Don't worry. I carry my own weight and then some. I will not be a burden at all for this one.

Lusty felt the same confident aura that Caster would emanate.

Illustrious: I hope you won't.

A cannon shot sound makes himself heard in the distance. She summoned a plane on her bridge, Sebastian climbed in, activated some switches and the propeller started turning. 

Illustrious: You know how to make that fly?

Sebastian: I will learn.

The plane started to move forward the runway and took off followed by illustrious planes flying in formation to jump into the battle against the Siren ships.

Caster was walking outside of the main building at the same place he encountered Sebastian, but when he watches at the cliffs not far from him, he felt a slight warmth in his pocket, he took off the white wisdom cube who burned his hand. 

Caster dropped it in pain and the cube fell a few yards away while red flames started to bursting from the cube and a blinding red light started emitting from the cube.

Caster took his communicator and tried to remember the radio frequency that Sebastian gave him.

Caster: Seb! My Wisdom Cube is freaking out again... It's turning red... Is that a bad thing?

Sebastian: Shit! Get away from there! Now!

The red flames started to grow exponentially and converged in the clouds. Sebastian saw it and took a sharp turn back to the Azur Lane base.

But then a bolt of huge red lightning coming from the sky smashed the sea, he saw a gigantic shockwave coming from the lightning impact and the shockwave hit his plane and busted the motor, the aircraft was slowly falling and crashed himself brutally in the sand of the beach of the island, he was knocked out by the impact and fell into the darkness of unconsciousness.

He woke up in the wreckage of his plane and extracted himself from the burning aircraft body, he grabbed his machine gun who landed in the sand, and he saw a huge circle formed by the red flashes of lightning and in the interior of the circle was pitch black. 

???: Let my experiment begin...

A-kun: Took me 10 years. Trial and tribulation. Jokes aside, this chapter is a collaboration with the writer, SCampoy! (He wrote this chapter!) This is my first ever collaboration with a writer before. So it might be scuffed as hell.

And actually. This isn't the end. This is only the 1st part of a 2 parter on SCampoy's book! So read it! It's named "Black Leader'.

Get that guy's reads on 2k reads guys. I swear, if you don't, I'll hit someone. 

I am seriously sorry tho for the inactivity. Schoolwork was too much. But I already planned out the story after this collab. So rest assured the inactivities won't be long now. 

Anyway. Thank you for reading. And have a great day! Goodbye!

Word Count: 3034 Words.

11:33 PM
11/24/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 5.7K 58
In a world in conflict with the Sirens, a young commander is assigned to Azur Lane. He will be tested by his command, his enemies and his ships. His...
50.3K 425 6
You are the newest Commander at the Royal Navy. However their are not that many men commanders, and the last commander at the Royal Navy was a man wh...
2.6K 53 5
[RE-IMAGINED 'A BEE OF THE SEAS'] Based on the Aligned continuity Post-RID 2015 A month after the corrupt council members overthrown by bee and his...
18.4K 184 23
"A wedding ring won't save anyone..."-Salty_Kirumi. "So much of my early retirement... What's with the ring though...?" Ex-Commander of the New Phoen...