The Don

By shawdss

Read to find out how Kiara Dawnes goes from a waitress in Los Angeles to the Queen of an empire and what her... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
PSAπŸ—£πŸ—£
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
71
New Story Alert🚨
Announcement 🚨
BIG THANKS
New Sequel? Spoiler Alert🚨
Blood War🩸

19

13K 338 59
By shawdss

Kiara

"You okay Kiara ?"

"Ofcourse not. What did I do ? " I cried .

"You did what needed to be done."

"Did I ? I just took a life. An innocent life. I'm no different from the Romanos"

"You're the complete opposite of a Romano, trust me. "

"I-I just can't believe I was pregnant." I uttered.

It turned out that what I thought was the stomach flu from Giovanni's cooking was really morning sickness. When he returned with the pregnancy tests from the pharmacy as per my request, all four of them resulted positive. There was not a doubt in my mind that it was accurate too considering the way Dario almost always releases inside of me. I ran out of contraceptives a while back and haven't gotten the chance to restock on it and this was the tragic result of that.

I cried my eyes out the night I confirmed my suspicions. I cried because I was carrying the devil seed. I cried because no matter how bad life is with Dario I'm reminded it could always get worse. I cried because this was never in my plans for my future-- who would plan to be pregnant by a mafia boss? I cried because I was all alone in this sad predicament.

I wasn't very religious but I was born in a catholic household. I engaged in their practice until the age of 15 years. I made my first communion and confirmation. If it's one thing that would never leave me it's the ten commandments and I've broken quite a few lately.

I couldn't bare the thought of giving birth to a Romano blood baby though. I felt like I would be cursed for eternity. There's no way I could escape this life with a baby. Dario would maybe drag me by my hair if he found out that I was pregnant with his child and probably lock me up for life if he had to. Then again, who's to say that he ever wanted children? I can't imagine him being a father at all but what if he does wish to be a father. As dreadful as the thought is if that's the case and he finds out that I got rid of his..

"Oh my God.."

"Kiara. Kiara, what's wrong ?"

"I killed his baby Giovanni. H-he is g-going to kill me " I cried in his chest. He held my trembling form and tried his best to comfort me but nothing could get my tears to stop. I was petrified just thinking about it. To make matters worse, I just made the situation worse for Gio as well. I'm so stupid. Giovanni took me in kept me safe, fed me, kept my secret, bought me clothes and the only thing I've done in return is put my problems onto him. If Dario finds me here Giovanni will surely feel his wrath as well. He was pissed that one time he caught us talking and thought I was flirting but to find me here staying in his apartment I'm smart enough to know that he won't react too nicely. I need to get out of here quick before I drag Giovanni deeper into my mess and cause him more trouble.

Marcellous

"I heard you ran into Milana" Dario said with a smirk as he entered my room.

"More like she ran into me" I rolled my eyes.

"You really give her that much power that she easily gets under your skin. She knows that and takes advantage of it."

"Never mind that, we have more pressing topics to discuss." I said trying to get right into it.

"Don't we always." He said while pouring himself a glass of scotch from my bottle.

"I suggest you take a sit brother, you won't like what I have to say." I said carefully looking at him.

"What is this about?"

"I have news and I don't need you being destructive when I tell you."

"Quit the bullshit and just spit it out Marcel"

"I found Kiara." I told him straight.

"And where is she now ?" He questioned sipping on his glass.

I walked around to my nightstand and pulled out that guy's file. I handed it over to him and he watched me with curiosity in his eyes.

"She's staying with him" I said once he opened the file. The rage on his face was evidence of how pissed he was right now. He sent the glass flying and it crashed on the wall.

"Che ne dici di non cestinare la mia stanza?
(How about you not trash my room?) I asked taking a sit.

"Lo ucciderò" he said through gritted teeth.
(I will kill him)

"Lo so, ma non è tutto."
(I know, but that's not all.)

"What the fucc else is there !?"

"Apparantly she was pregnant."

He froze for a minute so I gave him time to process what I just said.

"What do you mean was?"

"I found out she terminated the baby when I followed them to a clinic in the city." I said and he chuckled. Clearly not a good sign. I know my brother all too well.

"Sembra che io sia stato troppo gentile con lei. "
(Looks like I've been too nice to her.)

"I doubt that."

"It's time for my future wife to come back home"

Dario

"Are you certain you don't want me to accompany you ?"

"To dispose of a young boy ? There's no need. You're just trying to keep an eye on me to ensure I don't make it too brutal. I guarantee you brother it will be a quick stop. I'll be back before you know it." I said before leaving the room.

I hopped into the vehicle with a few of my security and we drove straight to the destined apartment.

I walked up the stairs with my hands in my pants pockets and awaited someone to open the door since my security already buzzed the bell.

"Hel-" The door swung open and he cut himself off from whatever he was about to say. I watched as the color drained from his face as he watched me in complete horror. When he regained himself he tried shutting the door in my face but I stopped it with my foot and flew the door wide open. Light footsteps came running towards us and there she stood in a barely there dress that reached her mid thighs.

"I would hate to believe that is how you were dressed around another Male especially in my absence."

"Dario-

"Come here."

"No Dario pl-"

Before she could finish I sent a shot through the boy's leg earning an ear splitting scream from him.

"Nooo"

"Have you forgotten that I don't repeat myself ?"

"Okay but please don't hurt him " she said coming towards me.

"You are not in any position to make requests Kiara. Get her in the vehicle while I clean up this mess."

"DARIO NOOOO . DON'T DO THIS. PLEASE PLEASSSSEEE DON'T HURT HIM!!" She screamed thrashing around in the security's arms.

"I wouldn't be worried about him Kiara, compared to you he'll have it easy." I said looking directly at her.

"He'll have it quick" I said before sending two shots to his temple. Her scream did nothing but aggravate me even further.

Without another word I snatched her up and instructed one of my men to dispose of the body. Kiara was still thrashing around like a wild animal in my arms but I wasn't fazed. We got to the vehicle and sped off to the mansion.

"Ti suggerisco di smetterla di piangere per quel ragazzo Kiara."
(I suggest you stop crying for that boy Kiara.)

I was trying my best to ignore her cries and not lose my shit. It was too early for that. My mind was racing though. Everytime I thought of her running again the rage intensified and the thought of her being pregnant just made it worse. She actually ran away from me while carrying my seed ? Is she truly that foolish? How tf did she expect to get away with running farless while carrying my child inside of her. Then she goes ahead and terminates the pregnancy behind my back? I'm stuck between giving her the liberty of explaining herself before punishing her just because a part of me actually wants to hear what ridiculous excuse she will give for her stupidity. Then there's that other part of me that will probably go animalistic on her if she utters a single word. What to do with my fiesty babygirl ? One thing's for sure, she will learn tonight. I'm confident she will know better than to cross me again.

Kiara

I couldn't stop the tears even if my life depended on it.... and in this moment it did. I just couldn't get the picture of Giovanni's lifeless body out of my head. Exactly what I was trying to avoid had happened. It was bad enough that Dario almost lost it the first time I ever met Gio so I knew I was already taking a huge risk by staying with him. The longer I stayed the worse the consequences would've been if he found me. That's why I wanted to leave soon to avoid Gio getting caught in the midst of all this mess. It would've been one thing if Dario found me but it would've been something completely different if he found us together. I can't believe I just witnessed my friend get shot--no killed. Giovanni was such a good person and he helped me in my time of need. It gives me heartache knowing that it cost him his life at the end. The memory of him being shot and his dead body falling to the ground just wouldn't leave my mind.

If that wasn't enough to think about the fact that I had been caught was also heavy on my mind. I can't believe I actually thought I had a chance of escaping him. I was so close to getting my old life back all I had to do was to find a way out of Italy. I just needed probably a few more days of convincing Gio to help me get out of the country. He found someone who was good at creating fake ID earlier in the week but he was still skeptical of me taking that risk. Now I feel like it was all for nothing. I ended up right back where I started. This was the second time that I ran from Dario. The first time the punishment was awful but this time I can't even begin to imagine what he could have in store for me. To make matters worse after he dragged me to the vehicle he has been awfully silent. He hadn't said a word at all to me. He didn't even offer me a glance even despite the fact that he had my body compressed to his like a second skin in the spacious vehicle.

Ever since we got home I've been crying non stop. This isn't home. My subconscious reminded me. Lately I found myself referring to this place as such ofcourse that was before I ran. I was sitted here crying for more reasons than I could think of right now.

"Ti suggerisco di smetterla di piangere per quel ragazzo Kiara." The calmness in his voice sent chills down my spine.
After everything I did, after two months.. there is no way on God's green earth that he could speak to me so calm. Infact I was surprised he hasn't raised a finger on me as yet. I expected some serious blows once we got home but to my surprise he was behaving so nonchalant. Like all was fine in the world but I knew better. Dario doesn't let things go. He warned me once and that was more than enough. This is my second time escaping and failing so I knew he had something up his sleeve. I just couldn't bare the thought of what it might be. I wish I could pass out during whatever punishment he bestows on me and I wake up with no pain.

I don't even know what to do. Do I just sit and wait for him to pounce on me ? What will I do when he does? Beg for mercy knowing that I will not get any or put on my big girl pants and take it like a champ. After all it is inevitable. I was a fool to think I could escape him. I cost someone their life tonight and for what reason ? Maybe it's time I stop being so stubborn and accept the facts. The fact that I am truly the mafia boss' possession.
The fact that there is no escaping Dario Romano. The fact that this predicament is simply my new life. The fact that I am stuck here and no one is coming to my rescue. The fact that I am involved with a powerful sociopath. Maybe acceptance is the key. The key to a somewhat tolerable life with Dario Romano. The key to reducing the pain that will most likely come in this life. The key to keeping my sanity. The key to survival.

"Kiara." His voice cut through the silence like a knife and my hairs stood still as I watched him stand to his feet and place his hands in his pockets. This was a habbit I noticed he had. A habbit that leads to something bad. Whatever he is about to say or do I won't like it.

I was so deep in thoughts that I hadn't even noticed I stopped crying until fresh tears wet my stained cheeks.

"Dario.."

"Non ti aspettavi che venissi a conoscenza della gravidanza?"
(Didn't you expect me to learn about the pregnancy?)

Please vote🥀

I be reading some of my chapter like damn I really wrote this lmao😩 I'm so proud of this book for being my first darkromance book and I love y'all man🥺 Keep the love coming. I lowkey can't wait to finish this book Lol🤩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 6.1K 36
King reyansh singhania had never been taught how to love or respect a human soul.Fuck! He doesn't even has any idea how to treat a human in the first...
736K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➑ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...
123K 2.4K 62
π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐰𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚π₯𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐧𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐒�...
474K 14.8K 38
| P S Y C H O - T H R I L L E R | "People come and go, Some will stay but will eventually leave. But there are people who will come in your life, wil...