You're the One

By Thompson1317

Love. A thing that can cause you happiness and pain. Being in love is never easy, especially if it doesn't en... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Sneek Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Important Author's Note
Chapter 14
Important Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 7

3.1K 143 25
By Thompson1317

Recap:

The girls walk in after me. Ashlyn and Kelley walk to the kitchen and Alex and Ali sit on the couch to watch TV.

I set my things down and sit next to Alex when Kelley and Ashlyn walk out the kitchen. "I got beer," Kelley shouts making us all laugh.

This is going to be an interesting night.
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

Today is Halloween, one of the worst days of the year here at the hospital. A bunch of people underage drinking, parties, and chaotic driving.

"Boo," Hailey says jumping out from behind the counter.

I just stare at her. "Are you serious?" She says and I chuckle.

"Anything so far?" I ask as I put folders away.

"Nope it just hit 7pm, we maybe have one hour," Hailey says as Hope walks into the hospital.

"I have brought gifts," Hope says as she places our dinners in front of us.

"Thanks Hope," Hailey says as she grabs her food.

"Thanks Hopey," I say as I walk around the counter and kiss her cheek.

"We can go to my office," Hailey says and we follow her.

I sit at the table in the corner and Hope sits across from me and Hailey sits at her desk. "So," Hope says as I take a bite of my salad, "Have you talked to Julie?"

"Yeah, how's that relationship going?" Hailey asks with a smile and I glare at her.

"Ok, first, we are not in a relationship and two, we talked this morning," I say.

Hailey and Hope both look at each other and I roll my eyes. "She has a thing for you," Hailey says making me roll my eyes.

"She does not," I say as there is a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Hailey says as a nurse walks in.

"Hi, I apologize for interrupting, but Dr. Solo there is someone at the front asking for you," she says and my eyebrows furrow.

"Alright, I'll be right there. Thank you," I say and the woman nods before leaving.

"Be right back," I tell Hope and Hailey as I leave the room.

I walk to the front and stop when I see who is standing there. "Tatum," Christen says as I stare at her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I slowly walk towards her.

"I thought you were in Utah," I say as I cross my arms.

"Tobin's here, visiting the school," she says making me roll my eyes.

"I wanted to talk, I want to explain everything. Please," Christen says with pleasing eyes.

I look at her contemplating on what to do. "Fine," I say and Christen smiles a little, "Come on."

I start walking toward my office as Christen follows me. I walk into my office and hold the door open for Christen.

"Thanks," she says as she enters.

I sit behind my desk and Christen sits in front. It's quiet for a few seconds before I break the silence, "What? Do you want me to start or something?"

"No, no, I was just thinking," Christen says and I nod.

"Ok," Christen says before taking a deep breath, "I wanted to tell you Tatum, you have no idea how badly I wanted to tell you."

I chuckle bitterly at her words, "Why didn't you then?"

"I was scared," she says making my eyebrows furrow, "I didn't want to hurt you, I didn't want to lose you."

"Well, you didn't love me anymore so you were going to lose me either way," I say as I feel my eyes water.

"I loved you and Tobin. I just couldn't choose," Christen says.

"You should of made a choice with words not actions. You should of told me how you felt. Not cheating on me with my best friend," I say and Christen has tears start to slowly trickle down her cheeks.

"I know, I know and I'm so sorry," Christen says.

I sigh as I look at my desk. "Please leave," I say and I look back up.

"Tatum," Christen says reaching out to hold my hand.

I quickly move it, "Leave."

Christen looks at me for a second before slowly leaving the room. I lean back in my chair as I watch the door close. I take my coat off and hang it up. I then grab my things and make my way out of my office. Not caring that I'm leaving Hailey and Hope right now, I get in my car and go to my apartment.

Once I am inside, I put my things down and go straight to the kitchen. I grab a beer out of the fridge then sit on the couch.  I take a sip as I feel tears start to fall down my face.

Once I'm finish I stare at the glass bottle. It's fragile, like heart and Christen decides to break it. I grab another beer and drink it all.

I sigh as there is a knock on the door. "Yes?" I ask annoyed as I open the door.

"Tatum," Julie says concerned.

"JJ?" I say confused, "Stop surprising me."

Julie laughs and steps inside. "Come on," she says bringing me over to the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I sit.

"We had the NWSL championship a few days ago. Didn't go as planned," Julie says with a small laugh and I chuckle, "Hailey and Hope also called."

"Of course they did," I say and Julie grabs my hand.

"Are you ok?" Julie asks me.

"Yeah, now that you're here," I say as I look at her.

Julie smiles and I smile as well. "Zach and I got a divorce," Julie says out of nowhere and my eyes go wide.

"What?" I ask shocked.

"We both decided that it was right. We fell out of love," Julie says and I nod understandingly.

"I'm sorry," I tell her and she smiles.

"It's ok."

I look down to her lips then back up to her eyes. Julie does the same to me and I slowly lean in. I place my hand on her cheek and gently run my thumb on her skin.

I wait seeing if she would pull away, but she doesn't. I lean in more and connect our lips. Julie kisses back and my heart bursts. After a few seconds Julie abruptly pulls back.

"I shouldn't of done that," Julie says and my heart clenches.

"Julie," I say softly as I go to place my hand back on her cheek.

Julie moves her head and my heart sinks. "I'm sorry Tatum, I can't," Julie says and she stands up.

"Julie, please," I say as I stand up.

"Tatum, I can't," she says as she walks away to leave.

I quickly move in front of her. "Julie," I say and she looks at me.

We just stare at each other and I pull her back in. Our lips connect and I wrap my arms around her waist. Julie wraps her arms around my neck.

I turn around and gently push her against the door. Julie moans quietly as I start to trail my kisses down her neck.

I place my hands under her thighs and tap them. Julie jumps up and wraps her legs around my waist. Our lips connect again as I walk to my bedroom.

Once there I lay Julie on the bed and I get on top of her. I pull away with Julie and I both breathing heavy.

Julie places her hand on my arm and she looks at me softly when she says words I never thought she would ever say.

"Make love to me."
————————————————————————
Wow. So Tatum and Julie finally kisses. What do you think will happen next? I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
2.7K 156 31
"I opened the card and went through it, yeah it was an invitation card to Patrick's wedding with Jennifer my roommate. Patrick my 5-years boyfriend i...
691K 19.8K 49
#𝟐 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝Be my girlfriend, Cassie. And I'm not taking no for an answer.❞ ❝I wasn't going to say no.❞ • When your best...