Chapter 5

Recap:

"Bye, Jules," I say as she lets me go.

"Bye, Tate," she says with a small smile.

Julie gets into the car and my chest tightens a little when Zach kisses her cheek. What the hell? Why am I feeling like that?

Julie smiles at me as they drive off. I watch them till they leave they are out of sight and then I get into the car and lean my head against the steering wheel. "What the fuck is wrong with me?"
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

"Wake up sunshine!" Someone screams in my room.

I groan and pull the blanket over my head. "Get up Tatum!" Hope shouts pulling the covers off me.

"What Hope?" I ask annoyed as I sit up and open my eyes to glare at her.

"We're going out today, so get ready," Hope says walking out of my room before I can say anything.

I sigh and lay back down pulling the covers over me. "Get up Tater Tot!" Hope yells louder than before making me jump.

I throw my blanket off of me and get out of bed. I walk into the kitchen and I see Hope making breakfast.

"Why are we going out?" I ask as I lean against the counter, "It's supposed to be my day off."

"I am leaving for Seattle in two days," she says making me look at her with wide eyes.

"What? I thought you were staying longer."

"Don't worry Tate," she says walking towards to me, "I just need to finish packing."

"Packing for what?" I ask as she leans against the counter next to me.

"I need to finish packing all my things since I'm moving to North Carolina," Hope says making me freeze.

"You're moving here?!" I ask her excitingly.

"Yep, I decided that it's time I be closer to you, especially right now," Hope says with a soft smile.

"Thank you," I say as I pull my sister in for a hug.

"Of course," Hope says as she wraps her arms around me.

Hope's phone then buzzes causing us to pull away. "Who is it?" I ask as I go and finish the food Hope was cooking, "And why are you making so much food?"

"That was Carli, her and a few of the other girls will be here soon," she says making my jaw tighten.

"What?" I say as I turn to face her.

"We're spending the day with the girls," Hope says making me groan.

"Are they going to be there?" I ask.

"No, Hailey hasn't released Christen yet and you know Tobin won't leave her side," Hope says making me look at the ground.

"Yeah," I say quietly and I hear Hope sigh.

"I'm going to get ready," I say walking back to my room before Hope can say anything.

I freshen up and then change. I put on a pair of black ripped jeans along with a white t-shirt. I then put a grey sweatshirt over that. Once I'm done I hear a knock on the door and I walk out of my room.

"I got it," Hope says as she walks towards the door.

I lean against the wall as Hope opens the door. I then see Carli, Alex, Kelley, Lindsey, and Emily standing there. Carli pulls Hope in for a hug. After that Alex pulls Hope into a tight hug as well which makes Hope chuckle. Kelley jumps into Hope's arms making me laugh.