Chapter 14

Recap:

"Hi, baby," I say and I smile when Tatum squeezes my hand.

"I'm so happy right now," I say as I start crying, "I was so scared."

Tatum tightens her hold on my hand and my smile grows.

"I love you," I tell her.

Tatum then squeezes my hand three times.
———

Present

Julie's POV:

"You know," I tell Tatum as I hold her hand, "It would be great to have a Christmas miracle."

It is December 22nd and Tatum still is not fully awake. She has been communicating the best she can by moving her hands. I feel Tatum squeeze my hand and I smile. "I love you, Tate," I tell her as I lean down and place a kiss on the back of her hand.

Tatum then squeezes my hand three times and I smile. "Julie," Hailey says walking into the room with Hope and Carli behind her, "I need to talk to you."

I nod in her direction and look back at Tatum. "I'll be back, love," I tell her and she squeezes my hand before I get up.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask Hailey once we are in the hallway.

"I talked to Hope and Carli about this and you deserve to know. I ran some tests on Tatum and right now there is a possibility that she is partially paralyzed from the waist down," Hailey tells me and my heart sinks.

"Is this some sick joke?" I ask Hailey angrily.

"I would never joke about something like this Julie. However, I will not be one hundred percent till she fully wakes up. Till then, we just have to wait," Hailey tells me and I sigh.

"Do you know when she will wake up fully?" I ask.

"Whenever Tatum wants to," Hailey tells me and I nod.

"Hailey!" Hope says running out of Tatum's room, "You need to come in here now!"

Hailey looks at Hope concerned before running in and I follow behind. Tatum is moving violently, but it doesn't seem like a seizure. "She's waking up," Hailey tells us ad my eyes go wide.

"Calm down Tatum. Calm down," Hailey says as she starts to remove the ventilator.

Once it is removed, Tatum coughs loudly and Carli grabs a cup of water. She brings it to Tatum's lips and she drinks all of it. Tatum then says quietly before leaning back and opening her eyes. "Hey guys," she says with a smile.

"You son of a bitch," Hope tell her sister before gently pulling her into a hug.

"I'm here, Hope," Tatum tells her old sister as she hold her.

"Don't do that again," Hope tells Tatum as they pull away.

"I don't plan on it."

"You know, you don't have to put your life on the line like  that, right," Hailey tells Tatum as she hugs her.

"I signed up to save lives," Tatum says once they pull away, "And I plan on doing that in any way possible."

Carli then walks over and hugs her and Tatum whispers something in her ear. Carli smiles before looking at Hope and nodding. "Why don't we give the lovebirds a couple of minutes," Hailey says placing a hand on my shoulder before walking out the room.