DEMON'S FATE ( Book 2)

By Loveth58

Grey who was a demon grew up hating angels who he believed killed his father for no reason. He was told how h... More

Authors Note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
Authors Note
Author's Note

chapter 29

69 10 9
By Loveth58

Grey woke up early the next morning. He looked at Ariel who was still asleep by his side. He could not sleep because he had a lot of things jogging through his mind.

The war against the demons was a stressful issue for him. He sighed softly as he kissed Ariel's forehead before he stood up from the mattress and headed out of the bedroom.

He made his way to his mother's room and knocked gently at her door.

“Grey?” Anna questioned.

“Yes, Mom,” Grey responded calmly.

“Come in,” Anna said after a few seconds.

Grey entered the room and shut the door behind him.

“Good morning, Mom,” Grey said as he moved closer to his Mom and sat next to her.

“Good morning, son,” Anna greeted back with a smile.

“Were you sleeping?” Grey queried.

He did not mean to wake his mother up but he needed to talk to her.

“Not really,” Anna replied softly.

Grey nodded his head and remained quiet.

“What is it, son?” Anna asked.

“I'm thinking about the war,” Grey said.

“What about the war?” Anna asked.

“I'm concerned about Ariel. I don't want her to get hurt,” Grey mumbled.

“I understand your concern, son. But you just have to believe in her capabilities,” Anna said.

“But, Mom...” 

“Just trust her abilities,” Anna repeated.

“Okay,” Grey whispered.

“It's still early, son. Go back to bed,” Anna said.

“Okay, Mom,” Grey agreed as he kissed her cheek and left the room.

When Grey reached his room, he saw Ariel seated on the mattress with her back rested on the headboard.

Ariel immediately looked at the door when she heard the door open.

“Hey,” Grey said as he moved to the bed and sat next to Ariel.

“Where did you go?” Ariel asked in a murmur.

“I went to see my mother,” Grey answered. 

“Are you all alright?” Ariel asked. 

“Yes,” Grey said quickly.

Ariel looked at him. “Are you sure?” she asked. “You were tossing and turning a lot last night. Did you even sleep?” she queried, cupping his face.

“A little,” Grey replied. 

“You look tired,” Ariel stated. “Let's go back to sleep. We will talk later,” she added.

Grey nodded his head and wrapped his arms around Ariel.  It did not take time for him to drift off to sleep.

An hour later, Ariel opened her eyes. She looked to her side and was glad when she saw her soulmate was still sleeping. 

She attempted to sit up straight, however, Grey held her tight. Ariel smiled and relaxed in Grey's arms as she waited for him to wake up.

An hour later, Grey opened his eyes and saw Ariel staring at him.

“Don't you know it's creepy to watch someone sleep?” Grey murmured.

“It's creepy but I can tell you love it when I watch you sleep,” Ariel said with a smile.

“No, I don't,” Grey argued.

“Yes, you do,” Ariel giggled.

Grey leaned in and sealed their lips together.

“Good morning,” he said as he pulled away.

“Good morning,” Ariel replied. “Do you want to talk now?” she asked. 

“No,” Grey replied. “Later,” he added.

“Okay,” Ariel said as she stood up and pulled Grey towards the bathroom.

They took their bath and headed downstairs immediately.

“I will go help my Mom in the kitchen,” Ariel started before she left and Grey went ahead and sat on the couch.

A few minutes later, breakfast was served and the entire family ate in silence. After breakfast, they all headed to the residing room.

Ariel sat next to Grey and was about to say something to him before her father cleared his throat, gaining everybody's attention.

“The war is drawing close and we need to be prepared,” Raguel said.

Grey tensed a little when Raguel mentioned the war. Ariel looked at him with a little frown on her face.

“Are you alright?” she asked using their mind link. 

“No,” Grey responded. 

“Tell me what's wrong,” Ariel requested.

“It's just...”

“Are you two listening?” Raguel asked. 

Ariel and Grey quickly turned to look at Raguel.

“Sorry,” they both stated in unison.

“It's fine,” Raguel said. “However, I want your full attention,” he added. “We will need to set out for training,” he said, making everybody nod their heads. “Pick everything you know you will need for training and let's get going,” he continued.

Ariel pulled Grey upstairs and shut the door behind them.

“Talk to me,” she said. “What's bothering you?” she questioned.

“The war,” Grey said quietly.

“Have you changed your mind about fighting the demons?” Ariel asked softly.

“No,” Grey denied quickly. 

“Then what is it?” Ariel asked.

Grey moved closer and pulled Ariel into a hug.

“Are you worried about me?” she asked. 

“Yes,” Grey admitted.

“I'm worried about you too,” Ariel confessed.

“Why?” Grey asked.

“The same reason you are worried about me,” she said as she moved up and kissed him softly.

“Everything will be fine, Grey. We will be fine,” Ariel assured him.

Grey nodded his head. 

“Let's go downstairs,” Ariel said after she picked what she needed from her room.

When they went there, the entire family was waiting for them. 

“Let's go,” Raguel said as he flashed his wings and led everyone out of the house. 

They all arrived at the field a few minutes later.

“Ariel, come over here,” Raguel said. 

Ariel rapidly left Grey's side and went to meet with her father.

“Show me what you got,” Raguel said 

“Sure,” Ariel said, grinning widely.

She took her stance to fight and attacked her father. She threw a punch at him which he flicked off but that did not stop Ariel from attacking until she finally caught her father off guard and a punch landed on his face.

“Ouch...” Raguel groaned in pain.

“Dad are you alright?” Ariel asked, looking at his face.

“Yes, that was a very strong punch,” Raguel commended with a slight chuckle. 

“Will you continue to stand there and watch her or you are going to train?” Michael asked Grey, who had his eyes glued to Ariel.

Grey glanced at Michael, who was smiling at him. 

“She is good, isn't she?” Michael questioned. 

“Yes, fantastic,” Grey admitted.

“Come on, train with me,” Michael ordered.

“Okay,” Grey agreed as he glanced at Ariel once more before he followed Michael.

They trained for hours before everyone got exhausted.

“Let's go home,” Raguel said. “We will return here tomorrow for further training,” he added. 

Everybody agreed as they flashed their wings and headed home.

Ariel and Grey left immediately for their room and headed straight for the bathroom. Grey pinned Ariel against the door.

“Grey, what are you doing?” Ariel asked. 

“You did well today,” Grey whispered in her ears, making Ariel shiver. “I'm impressed,” he added.

“Thanks,” Ariel said softly.

“Kiss me,” Grey whispered.

Ariel did not hesitate in sealing their lips together. Grey kissed her hard and gripped onto her tightly. They made out for a few minutes before they turned on the shower and had their bath.

They both left the bathroom and laid on their mattress.

“I'm hungry, but I'm genuinely tired. I can not go downstairs,” Ariel whined. 

“I will get the meal right here for you,” Grey said as he stood up and left the bedroom. 

“Where is Ariel?” Elena asked.

“She is upstairs and she is tired. So, I came to get our meals.”

“Okay,” Elena said as she handed Grey the food, and he immediately left for the room.

When Grey entered the bedroom, he saw Ariel sleeping soundly. He smiled and sat next to her.

“Hey, wake up,” he said softly.

“Give me a minute,” Ariel murmured.

“No, wake up. The meal will get cold,” Grey said as he shook her harder.

“I'm up,” Ariel said as she opened her eyes slowly.

Grey fed her the food, and also ate a little before he left to drop the plate in the kitchen. When he returned, Ariel was fast asleep. He wrapped his arms around her and drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 401 38
She's not your average girl. Tossed into the world of guns and death at a young age, She's already used to it all. Trained to become a cold-hearted...
569K 14.1K 65
He was a devil inside out. Suffering his way through life. She was haunted by her past. A dark past no one knew about. Until he saved her Until sh...
295 33 30
"The things we've lived aren't what define us; however, they are one part of what we are nowadays. And due to the past. I lived and will continue to...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...