TENDING TO THE STORM

By winnychiamzy

Elizabeth Elliot has been through foster care for so long and 4 years ago,she was set free. Trying to piece h... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
EXTRA CHAPTER
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 16
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 15

477 9 0
By winnychiamzy

  "Alaska is a state located in the northwest extremity of the united states,west coast just across the Bering strait from Asia.It is also known as 'the last frontier'."
Lizzy read out idly as they both occupied the longue seats at the airport waiting for their private jet to land.

Blake was already impatient,glancing back at his wristwatch every 2 minutes.

She giggled.She had never seen this side of him,ever.

"If they don't land here in the next 10 minutes.They're all fired"
He commanded.

"Maybe something delayed them" He turned to face her then,folding his hands across his chest. Impatiently,he signaled for her to continue.

"Am listening"she became flustered.

"Well,I think...that maybe it was some unforeseen circumstances.That's all" she explained. Staring straight into his ocean blue eyes.

He nodded thoughtfully but he remained quiet.

Before he could enlighten her,the jet landed and they moved out.They walked to where the jet was waiting for them.

"Alaska is a very cold place" she grimaced and folded her arms around her body feigning shivers.

"Hmmhmm" Blake nodded signaling to the flight attendant as they got onboard.

"What would you be doing in the coldest place on earth?" She asked trying to gather her whipping hair as the wind howled on.

"Technically, its not the coldest place on earth.Antarctica is,but who's counting?" He shrugged his shoulders when Lizzy glared at him in annoyance.

She rolled her eyes and followed him to one of the leather seats in there.
The jet had a masculine feel to it,with its lush brown walls and brown leather seats.

"I have business associates there.I was thinking of launching a new branch there but I have to meet up with some people to finalize the deal."
He answered settling into his seat.He turned to the pouting lips of the gorgeous woman beside him.

What she had on was a combination of classy and simple, just like her.

He smiled at the pretty sight.

"Don't worry,It will be over before you know it" he added.

Clearing his mind of his earlier thoughts,

He linked their hands together and smiled smugly and added a wink.

She turned to look at him, rolled her eyes and looked away with a deep set of pink staining her cheeks.

She cleared her throat

"Ugh,you're incorrigible"

He laughed.

"Please tighten your seatbelts and prepare for take off"
They both did as the announcer said.

The flight attendant came to them with a well practiced professional smile on her lips.

"Sir,can I get you anything?"

She asked without so much as a glance at Lizzy's direction,her entire focus on him.

"No,thank you" he dismissed her with the wave of his hand and the woman in question scowled at his complete lack of interest in her but she managed to politely smile,curtsied and left.

After she left,trying to lighten the mood she inquired

"So,how long is the flight going to take?"

"Probably about 7 hours" he said turning the pages of a magazine that had been sitting on the table when he got in.

Lizzy's eyes went wide with panic.To flush out the angst she was feeling,she took a deep breath that seemed to soothe the panic in her .

Blake noticed the still sounds coming from the other direction and turned to acknowledge it, when he noticed her tightly shut eyes.Straining in her seat, she dug her nails into the arm rest.

She seemed restless even.

"We are ready for takeoff"
The speaker buzzed.

The jet lifted into the air in an upward slope against gravity.

He felt her tremble,her skin sheet white.
He watched with earnest interest at her response.

Almost as if this were her first time on a plane...

That's when it occurred to him.He glanced at the growing tension in her arm muscles as she added more power to the hands gripping the cushion.

However irrational it may have been at the moment he couldn't let her stay that way for the duration of the flight.

"Lizzy" he cooed.
He pulled her left hand free against some of her resistance.

Drawing his body to encircle hers,he tried pulling her other hand as well but all he got was her whimpers and her body tautening.

"Look at me" he said.
When she didn't, he tried again
"...please"he added.

Relunctantly,her eyes slowly opened to make contact with his.He gave her a reassuring smile and pulled her other hand free without loosing eye contact.

She bit her lips in agitation.

It took all his willpower not to connect his lips with hers and unload all her anxiety.

He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame and pulled her onto his lap.

Cradling his face,she pulled her face mere inches away from his.
She could feel the physical presence of his burgeoning needs.

Bridging the gap between them,he pulled her head down all the way.He gave into his earlier fantasies.

Thrusting his tongue into her mouth,he bit into her lower lips hard and licked the pain away.

His hands were already pulling her raven locks free from the ponytail she had it in.

The sensual dance between their tongues and enmeshed bodies seemed to have taken a lot of time.

They were both lost in their carnal urges,they didn't notice the soft clicks of the flight attendant's heels .

The flabbergasted flight attendant flushed at the loving scene in front of her.She tried to give them some privacy by exiting the room as quietly as possible but no such luck.

The couple sprung apart at the sound of her jarring her leg against one of the couch behind her in a desperate attempt at leaving.

She flushed but regained composure before moving towards them.

With her head raised high,she cleared her throat and addressed them,trying her mightiest to look stoic and expressionless.

"Sir...Ma'am,I came to inform you that there might be a slight disturbance in the  weather,therefore the arrival time might be pushed back by an hour"she finished.

Blake nodded thoughtfully and signaled for her departure which she hastily obeyed.

Lizzy was silent the whole time,her face buried in the crook of his neck trying to hide her embarrassment.

It was only after the flight attendant had left that she shrugged off his lap and occupied her seat.

" How are you feeling?"he asked concerned.

"Better, thank you" she replied softly.

"Look" he pointed out the window.

Reluctantly she obeyed.
She gasped at the breathtaking view...

  She inched closer to the window to get a better look.

  The deep blue sea looked like the majesty of the earth with its deep blue colour and the green lands and mountains outlining the sea all looked up and she felt all the fear melt away.

Ceaseless clouds hung over the landscape creating an inumerable beauty.

She questioned why she was even afraid in the first place.

She turned and enclosed him in a tight hug.Wordlessly, he welcomed it and replied to the quiet 'thank you's she offered.

             🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸
The eight-hour flight ended at last.He stretched out his muscles as the speaker announced their arrival.

He glanced at the peaceful woman beside him.Her head was nestled on his shoulder.

She had fallen asleep sometime after her appreciation of flying.

He admired her facial features From her bow lips to her pointed nose and smooth creamy skin.He pulled back a wayward strand of her hair.

He traced the contours of her face with his fingers.

The sound on the intercom jolted her awake and he abruptly pulled his hand back,folding it in his palm.

She stretched groggily and yawned,trying to blink the sleep out of her eyes.

He got to his feet and stretched out his hand for her to take.

Taking it,she got to her feet pausing to smile up at him.

  He placed a chaste kiss on her lips and gazed into her big beautiful brown eyes before saying

"We're here".

--------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,
What are your thoughts on this chapter?

"Do you think their relationship progressed too fast or not?"
Let me know your answers in the comments.I would love to hear from you guys.

I hope you all have a wonderful day ahead and do something today that your future self would thank you for.

Xoxo🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
25.4K 530 18
R-rated, for mature audiences! So, where do I start? My name is Elizabeth. I'm 26 and I'm bored as f*ck. You could think I have a perfect life. My h...
2.5M 87.5K 27
# Book 3 in Billionaire Romance Series # Aylin Stone, had always thought her life to be a circus. With a job that barely payed her bills, A asshole...
2.3K 406 27
Astoria Clark, the CEO of the Clark companies was a girl who hated luxuries and wanted a simple life but to maintain her image she had to look elegan...