The Deep Blue ✓

By bjorghalla

"This Princess doesn't bow" From a young age Isolde has always felt she did not belong in the world. Lost and... More

🌊 I 🌊
🌊 II 🌊
🌊 III 🌊
🌊 IV 🌊
🌊 V 🌊
🌊 VI 🌊
🌊 VII 🌊
🌊 VIII 🌊
🌊 IX 🌊
🌊 X 🌊
🌊 XI 🌊
🌊 XIII 🌊
🌊 XIV 🌊
🌊 XV 🌊
🌊 XVI 🌊
🌊 XVII 🌊
🌊 XVIII 🌊
🌊 XIX 🌊
🌊 XX 🌊
🌊 XXI 🌊
🌊 XXII 🌊
🌊 XXIII 🌊
🌊 XXIV 🌊
🌊 XXV 🌊
🌊 XXVI🌊
🌊 XXVII 🌊
🌊 XXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXIX 🌊
🌊 XXX 🌊
🌊 XXXI 🌊
🌊 XXXII 🌊
🌊 XXXIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIV 🌊
🌊 XXXV 🌊
🌊 XXXVI 🌊
🌊 XXXVII 🌊
🌊 XXXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIX 🌊
🌊 XL 🌊
🌊 XLI 🌊
🌊 XLII 🌊
🌊 XLIII 🌊
🌊 XLIV 🌊
🌊 XLV 🌊
🌊 XLVI 🌊
🌊 XLVII 🌊
🌊 XLVIII 🌊
🌊 XLIX 🌊
🌊 L 🌊
🌊 LI 🌊
🌊 LII 🌊
🌊 LIII 🌊
🌊 LIV 🌊
🌊 LV 🌊
🌊 LVI 🌊
🌊 LVII 🌊
🌊 LVIII 🌊
🌊 LVIX 🌊
🌊 LX 🌊
🌊 LXI 🌊
🌊 LXII 🌊
🌊 LXIII 🌊
🌊 LXIV 🌊
🌊 LXV 🌊
🌿 The Nature 🌿

🌊 XII 🌊

1.1K 76 1
By bjorghalla

"Below the surface lies beauty"

12|THE OCEAN'S BEAUTY

The light green eyes stare out into the ocean as she walks there. The sand clings to her feet and gown as she walks to the ocean. No matter how much she would deny it, she does feel like she is walking home and perhaps she is. What Isolde does not know is how much her soul belongs down there and only in the ocean blue is where happiness will find her and gift her the endless love that it has to offer. Not knowing why it calls out to her, she can only feel that it does and she is answering the call.

Defeating the evil that threatens to terrorize the world with cruelty is what she must stop. Her feet make contact with the water and the feelings of joy run up her entire body with this euphoria that can only tell her that the goodness is winning. The deeper that she goes the more the fear that once was in her bones starts to disappear as if it was never there at all. The world around doesn't seem to matter to her anymore. It is not that she has reached into the water where now her toes can't reach the bottom anymore and she starts to swim that she turns around after having heard the chirping from birds.

The world begins to move like it had done. The trees sway back and forth by the soft breeze of the wind, animals are starting to act normally and moving. A smile comes to Isolde's face when she watches this and yet she doesn't walk back to the sandy beach. Not only because she fears that this might happen again but also because being in the water makes her feel safe and it makes her feel powerful. No matter how vulnerable she may seem swimming there.

Her eyes catch the sight of Thomas walking towards the ocean and their kiss flashes before her mind's eye but she refuses to even acknowledge that it had happened, saying to herself that it is best to imagine that it had never happened. Though at the right moment she would avenge it and make sure that he will punished for it. The thought about it, the thought of making him pay for it attempts a smirk to her face, but she doesn't smirk, she doesn't show any emotions on her face as Isolde is not keen on the idea of him teasing her about it.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest when she sees the smirk that comes to his face when he stands in front of her. As he is taller than Isolde he is able to stand on the sandy bottom of the ocean, and also the ocean is helping him. Though it is also making sure that her head does not go down under the surface. "I believe it is your fault that I have been rescued" He says to her and she glares at him.

"I suppose the stories have been turned upside down. You are the Demon in distress and I am the Princess with a crown that rescues you" Isolde says with a smirk. Not even sure why she is still in the water. Her feet are starting to grow tired yet she can't help but continue to want to be there. Perhaps it is because as soon as she walked into the ocean the monster was defeated and she is the one that did it. Only by walking to the water, it is strange to her but she will not question it, not yet anyway. "I am not a Demon" He tells her.

"My name is Poseidon and I am the God of the sea" He tells her and she just stares at him with a blank expression, as the words nor the title does have any impact on her life. Not what he might be used to because he would expect all to bow before him and worship him. Perhaps it is why she is meant to be with him, she does not look at him like he's a God nor a King. In fact she looks at him like a Demon, which is offensive for him.

"Your name still is strange, I do not know how many times I will have to explain. Thomas suits you better. And, we are not in the sea. We are in the ocean. If you do not know the difference then the Devil has not been schooling you" The dark brown haired girl says with a smirk on her face that only grows when his smirk does fall. There is a glint in her eyes, one of amusement, though she is not hiding it from anyone, least of all him when she can tell that he's growing irritated by her.

It might not have been the plan at first but now she enjoys it. "Of course I am aware that this is the ocean. The stories do speak of the God of the sea, if I were to say ocean you might not have understood" He says and she lets out a chuckle. "Are you also aware that those are stories, legends. Folklore. It does not exist" She tells him. Ignoring all the facts which have happened to her, events that she can't seem to be able to explain. Creatures and magical water.

"I can assure you that I am very much alive" He speaks and takes her hand and brings it to his chest and holds over his heart which beats within his chest. She gives him an odd look that he can't seem to know what means. Isolde takes a deep breath when her hand feels his steady heartbeat and her eyes meet his sea-green eyes. There is something hidden in them, something that she finds that she is willing to find out, though the denial inside her snatches her hand back. "Yes, I can see that" She says, uninterested.

They have already kissed once in the ocean and not is the Princess about to let that happen again. Poseidon once again takes her hand but this time he swims beside her and starts to guide her deeper into the ocean. With her trying to take her hand away from him. "Are you absolutely mad? Let me go!" She yells at him. Using her legs as well as her other hand to kick him and punch him to her best limit, in order to break free from his grip. However his grip is so strong, yet at the same time it does not hurt her.

"I can assure you that I am quite sane, little Princess" He speaks and she glares at him. If looks could kill he would be buried deep under the dirt and his heart would not be beating anymore. No matter how much Isolde fights back he keeps dragging her further out into the open ocean. Her eyes no longer able to see the beach clearly as they are going so far away and her legs tired from kicking and from trying to swim. The anger inside her only growing and it will soon come where he will pay and feel her rage.

"Call me little one more time and I shall show you how it feels like to have your tongue ripped out!" She spats at him with an evil look on her face and if one knows her well enough they'd know that she is telling the purest truth and she will do it if need be. Her voice also says so as it is laced with anger as well as evil which she will enjoy watching as he grows scared and she is satisfied when he does see her angry and wild look and her threat sinks into his skull.

Though in matter of seconds he has formed a plan in mind and smirks at her. "All right, you wish for me to let go of your hand, correct?" He asks her and she glares at him and his smirk, though the handsomeness that he holds is something that she is having a hard time looking at without blushing, still that redness in her cheeks can easily be blamed on the fact that he's making her angry and she is more furious with him than she has ever been in her life.

Poseidon lets go of her hand and allows the strong current take her down under the surface where she lets out a scream before the water muffles her voice. "What shall I do with you, little Princess?" He asks himself as he slowly too starts to sink below the waves where this sense of calmness takes over him. Smirking he sees how she struggles to reach the surface, holding her breath as if her life depended on it but the current is far too strong, and he holds her down and makes sure that she can't make it there, in fact she can barely move.

The panic inside her body is overwhelming Isolde as with her eyes closed her hands as well as her feet do whatever it takes to get back to the surface. Her lungs aren't complaining yet it will not be long until the air that she has in her lungs will run out and she will sink down further to the bottom and there she will spend all eternity, her life haunting the ocean, lost and cold to the touch for the longest time, never finding the warmth even when it decides to come to her.

The coldness would chain her to the bottom of the ocean until she is no more and her bones have turned to dust and she will cease to exist in this world. Yet the longer that she is there she soon starts to relax. Her heart begins to calm down and it does not beat as fast as it did before. Slowly she opens her eyes when her lungs don't seem to be burning with pain from her holding her breath, though it is just then that Isolde realizes that she had not even been holding her breath this entire time.

A laughter coming from behind her makes her turn around in the water, the panic running all over her entire body as she faces Thomas. Seeing his smirk of amusement doesn't make her feel any better either. The girl has stopped moving around or trying to make her way to the air above but she has given up and yet she stays in one place, floating softly around in the water. Her hair and dress flowing too with such grace that the waterfalls that fall down mountains might feel themselves being jealous of them. Her body is deep under the surface and yet she does not feel the pressure from the water nor does she feel as if she is even under the water.

The ocean is warm and yet it brings these shivers running down her entire body, from her head going all the way down to her toes. Her eyes then look around her and for the first time in her life she is seeing a beauty that she has never seen before. The ocean moves in such a steady motion that she can barely see it yet her eyes can see it, it's slight but it's there. The harmony that the underwater waves sing is like it has been organized by God himself.

Species of fish that she does not know swim in peace everywhere and live their life to the fullest. They are near the bottom and the coral of the reef that she did not know was there can be seen everywhere, the colors so vibrant that they bring a smile to her face. The ocean is more beautiful than she could ever imagine and it truly makes her feel that she is in heaven and this is her finally resting place, yet she does not care for the beauty can take her away forever.

"It is peaceful, do you not think?" Poseidon asks her. His sea-green eyes had been admiring the girl while she had admired the ocean and all the beauty that it does hold, he would know. All of this is his own creation, and everything is alive for his life force is the very thing that keeps the ocean and all the water in the world alive. She turns around to face him and for a moment their eyes meet. Sea green to pale green. Though her eyes have turned slightly darker in the ocean depths and her hair has grown lighter on the edges.

Her once pale green eyes have turned into a bright emerald green eyes while the edges of her hair have lightened to this sandy brown hair color yet it is able to fade into her normal dark brown hair color on top. Her skin has also gotten slightly more paler than it was before. Still the Princess is unable to feel anything nor is she aware of this happening as all she can stare into the eyes of the man that is a mystery to her.

Poseidon's eyes have also changed color and have now taken the form of a darker blue color and looking into his eyes she can only describe them as the color of the ocean itself and she never wants to stop looking into them for they bring her more comfort than she has ever known and she doesn't know why but Isolde is desperate to hold onto that comfort. Though the stubborn Princess would never ever in her life admit that to him nor anyone else out loud and perhaps not even to herself. Taking a deep breath she does not find herself drowning nor does any water get into her lungs.

All she feels is air as if she were breathing above the water, there is truly no difference. "I might just believe you to be who you say you are... but that does not mean that your name suits you" She says, trying to come up with something to say as she might enjoy having his eyes on her but she can tell that he's judging her in some way. Good or bad? She doesn't know and doesn't intent of finding out. Poseidon chuckles as he allows the water to bring him closer to her until he is in front of her.

"You're still a Demon" She then adds and his smirk falls right of his face. Though he should've expected that. Isolde's pride would not allow her to admit that she is wrong. "You have questions all of which shall be answered" He says and she rolls her eyes but then she looks at him with an odd look, perhaps to see inside his soul or perhaps because she just needs to make sure that she is alive and all of this is real, he is real.

Once again an eye contact takes place between the two of them. "Am I dead?" She asks him. A question that it was clear that she would ask at one point. He chuckles as he takes her hand but this time he puts her hand over her own heart, letting her feel her own heartbeat as it beats in a rhythmic harmony, and is the reason for why she is alive. He shakes his head. "No, you are not dead" He answers her, though his action answered her question even further yet hearing the words do sound more convincing than her own heart.

Which has betrayed her many times before, speeding up and brining the blood to her cheeks when she clearly does not want it, feeling as if she belongs when she is around him. "How is this possible?" She asks him. Isolde is in a state of shock with all of this happening around her, her being able to breathe underwater from the monster that she saw and heard to the ocean nymph which name has slipped past her mind (not that it matters now). "That question is much more complicated than a simple answer" He speaks.

Furrowing her eyebrows at him in confusion as she can't seem to understand. Sighing he once again takes her hand and holds it in his. "What I mean to say is the world is not what you know it to be. Now you have seen things that no one has and it has changed your vision of the world and the things that will take place in the near future and the things that have happened are not what I can explain in a short sentence" He tells her but that answer only makes the Princess even ore confused than she was before he had spoken those words.

The King of the ocean knows this and he also knows that explaining something like this is not going to be easy for either of them and especially not for the girl who is convinced that he is a Demon. Though she may have gotten the wrong brother but if there is anyone that can turn her around and convince her of something else, it's him. Or that is what he chooses to believe as they are meant to be together for all eternity, though it will take a long while before the two of them are there yet.

Still Poseidon can't help but admire the beauty that she holds. The way that the ocean water makes her beauty glow as if she were the water Goddess and in a way she is as she is only for him and he is the Ocean\Sea God. Together the two of them will rule the ocean. She shone brighter than anything that he has ever seen and her eyes mesmerize him in ways that he can't explain. Her eyes sparkle brighter than gold at the bottom of the ocean and the smile on her face is one that he intends on bringing forth more often.

"If you cannot explain to me, then why did you tell me that I could ask you questions when the largest question of them all cannot even be answered?" She asks him and he freezes on the spot. He had been so focused on her beauty and just her that he had forgotten that he had even told her that she could ask him anything, he can't seem to remember anything but looking at her and wanting to kiss her again. "If you wish to know the answer, then come with me" He says and offering his hand out to take hers as she had taken her hand away before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 11.7K 55
#47 in Fantasy ~ All Aeralie wants to do is touch the sky. Instead, all she can do is watch the land - watch and feed her fascinati...
81.3K 2.6K 23
*COMPLETED* In the town of Portorosso, Italy, summer vacation is just beginning. Adventure is around every corner, waiting for someone to walk it's...
1.5K 138 19
The aquatic world! so unique isn't it? but what if it holds your deep secrets? Sometimes the human world isn't the only place you belong in. There co...
298 45 24
Amantha is not ready to be anything other than a wild, tomboy princess, but when tragedy strikes this unlikely royal is called upon to rule a kingdom...