โžต ๐๐‘๐Ž๐‰๐„๐‚๐“: ๐€๐‘๐„๐’ [๏ฟฝ...

By space-lattae

๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ค๐™›๐™›๐™ž๐™˜๐™ž๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™š๐™๐™ฎ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™œ'๐™จ... More

๐๐‘๐Ž๐‰๐„๐‚๐“: ๐€๐‘๐„๐’
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
"F*ck everything, but especially f*ck this sword."
"Time to do something stupid."
"It's lonely in here."
"NO, you thirsty gardening tool!"
"Do you want me to set anything on fire?"
"What is this... Sherlock? My name is not Sherlock"
"Sorry, daddy's boy, I don't think that's how it works"
"Do you have anything with strawberries?"
"By god, Taehyung- this is my BOSS!"
"You don't protect someone from a thing like me"
"What happened? Did you lose an eyelash?"
"WHY IS ZEUS TRAPPED IN YOUR WALLS?"
"I am unable to let Morpheus take me into his realm either"
"Taehy- oh for heaven's sake"
"It is not funny! You did this on purpose!"
"Been there, done that."
"You cared, then?"
"Monsters? As in more creepy stuff from Greek myths?"
"Good with your hands, huh?"
"Call me Tae, pretty one"
"Hey, I'm just sayin' it like I see it!"
"This isn't lust, is it?"
"Prepare for incoming nosebleed-"
"Did you just say TAEHYUNG?"
"She's driving me insane."
"You think I'm handsome?"
"STOP CHASING ME WITH THAT FLYSWATTER OF CERTAIN DEATH THEN!"
"Baby, sweetheart, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š..." [take 2]
"Stop staring, you idiot, you're so obvious it hurts."
"Gods, what have I done to deserve such a beautiful smile?"
"It was them, then."
"Then leave it! Leave her be, Tae!"
"There's that smile."
"Don't tell me you're jealous of a textbook."
"He is NOT in the mafia!"
"Taehyung, I told you to stOP THAT-"
"Wait, so- WHAT exactly is going on?"
"Don't you get it? I'm going to miss you."
"HE'S SO WHIPPEDDDD."
"What's with the questions?"
"So? You like him?"
"You're safe. Thank the gods."
"I did good, right?"
"Leave my coffee out of this, you heathen!"
"Don't start!"
"Don't touch me."
"I don't need your pity."
"It's lucky I'm good at making you laugh."
"Take my hand."

"It's FRUSTRATING, you illiterate swine-"

640 71 76
By space-lattae

Not that you weren't happy for Taehyung, but the amount of hugging and back-slapping and roughhousing going on in your apartment from fully-grown men with hair that instantly made you think of a crayon box was getting to concerning levels.

This was how all males displayed emotion, you supposed.

By fricking wrestling on the damn floor of your apartment, yep.

You'd been lenient for a while as everyone yelled and leapt around like crazed monkeys and even Namjoon reluctantly approached Taehyung with a hug that soon melted into a bunch more teasing and playing, all previous animosity forgiven. You thought the people underneath you were going to file a complaint with all the leaping and tussling, but hey, what could you do?

Taehyung looked positively ecstatic, full of life, happy. His smile wasn't just seductive or flirty or mischievous or mocking or playful— it was genuine, wide, enough to make even your heart melt.

All the men in front of you were shockingly handsome, yes. But somehow, you only had eyes for Taehyung.

The interaction between him and Jimin had been funny, though. It had taken your red-haired idiot a hot while to recognize him from the club last night, but when he did, boy, the two of them were chasing each other all over the place.

A child at heart.

You truly swooned for Taehyung— all of him.

It was bad.

But sure, okay, you'd been nice for a while, but this was getting insane.

"Will you— okay, Taehyung, get OFF THE COUNTER or I SWEAR I'm going to kick you out!"

Taehyung, at your yelp when you caught sight of him and another boy with chestnut hair and a surprisingly firm, muscled frame that made even Taehyung, who was quite fit himself, seem leaner than you remembered, leaping onto the counter and roughhousing THERE, instantly shot you a wide, sheepish smile and slid off, nervously watching you.

"Ah— please don't do that," he said, trying to be serious even though he couldn't help the wide smile that still adorned his lips.

You shook your head in exasperation. "ALRIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH," you hollered over the noise, making everyone collectively shut up at your stern yell, "if you guys are going to do this, please sit the f*ck down and do it CIVILLY before y'all get a complaint filed against me."

"This is the first time we're seeing Taehyung in A THOUSAND YEARS, lady, are you seriously telling us to sit down?" the dumba*s on the counter huffed.

You bit back the 'I'm older than you, brat' that was bubbling on your tongue because uhhh... even though this was one of your brother's friends who had called you noona in the past... he was under no circumstances younger than you. Instead, you faced him with a deadpan.

"This is my house," you said flatly, "sit the f*ck down."

But okay, while they didn't sit down, they did calm down considerably, which was good enough for you at the moment.

"Tae-Tae, I'm glad we found you," one of them chirped happily, his pale orange hair and beaming smile that somehow reminded you of sunbeams as he wrapped his long arms around Taehyung.

"YEAH YOU DUMBA*S!" the one that had been prancing on your pristine marble counter came leaping from behind and making the red-haired demigod let out an 'oof' as muscled thighs wrapped around him and dragged him down, this man's chestnut hair hanging into his big, doe-like eyes that were completely at odds with his rough attitude. "WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO, HUH?"

"Oh gods," Taehyung choked for a moment, thrown off, before he easily swung the other man over his shoulder and pushed him back, somehow falling into complete ease with this roughhousing as the other one came to pinch his ear, "first off, Kook, respect your elders. Secondly, it is not like I WANTED to go missing!"

"But ya did anyway!" the one that you recognized as the eldest from their previous, albeit brief, visits pursed his lips disapprovingly at Taehyung still exchanging playful blows with 'Kook' (that was probably the Jungkook he was mentioning before, you realized), the action not marring the blonde man's amazingly chiseled, handsome face in the slightest. "Honestly Taehyung, we were worried about you! Do you know how long we searched? It was like you were wiped off the face of the Earth!"

"Some of us couldn't have cared less," another grumbled, pale skin contrasting wildly with the dark shock of ink-black hair that hung into his eyes, framing his oddly doll-like, delicate face with a scowl etched across it, "but still, this brat acted like he didn't mind whaTSOEVER that some of us gave up sleep looking for his dumba*s—"

"And where exactly, do we find you?" Namjoon finally butted in, crossing his arms over his chest and looking at Taehyung with faint annoyance, "In my sister's goddamn HOUSE. Of all the places you could have— Jungkook stOP LAUGHING THIS ISN'T FUNNY—"

"Damn right it's not funny," you muttered, rolling your eyes from your spot on the couch, "you have no idea what I've gone through, having to teach this dumba*s that YOU CAN'T WALK AROUND WITHOUT CLOTHES and that STICKING FORKS IN ELECTRICAL SOCKETS WILL GET YOU ELECTROCUTED."

"Aw, poor baby," Namjoon hugged you from behind the couch.

"You love me!" Taehyung winked at you, and you snorted.

"Gag me,"

"Whatever the lady wishes!" Taehyung smirked, voice dipping into a dangerous purr as he trailed a single finger up his lean thigh, the movement stupidly sensual.

You choked on your saliva.

"TAEHYUNG DON'T MAKE ME HIT YOU AGAIN—" Namjoon hollered.

"WOOH OUR BOY'S STILL GOT IT!" Jungkook howled with laughter and slapped Taehyung on the back, effectively breaking the dark gaze he'd had trained on you, "Oh holy Hera, this is rich. Wow Tae, that's our BOY! The one girl we're not allowed to even look at, and you got her? Gods DAMN, hyung!"

"YAH!" you interrupted, speaking for the first time from your seat on the couch, fixing Jungkook with a glare and trying to fight your flush down as you did so, "Your 'boy' didn't get anything. I just so happen to be stuck with him— I had no choice in the matter. Watch it, f*cktard."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at you, a faint smirk washing over his lips. "Yeah?" he drawled, taking a step closer to you and tilting his head teasingly, "well, darlin', I'm willing to bet—"

"Kook," there was a faint undertone of warning laced in Taehyung's otherwise cheerful, deep voice as the familiarly long fingers you'd come to adore gripped Jungkook's shoulder and yanked him back before he could finish his sentence, "Leave her be."

You were supposed to catch yourself, but you couldn't help the quick, grateful glance you shot in Taehyung's direction when the other demigod backed off.

Funny thing was, you didn't expect the spike of satisfaction and the grin that worked its way into Taehyung's face when you did so.

"I'm sorry for these idiots," you looked up, tearing your gaze from Taehyung to see the eldest one in front of you, his carved, chiseled features spread through with a sheepish, almost apologetic smile, "they're kinda wild."

Wow, this guy really was handsome— his soft, pinkish-blonde hair was swept away from his face to reveal his perfect proportions and sparkling smile, his broad shoulders and narrow waist making him look like a model all the way from the slope of his nose to the curve of his plump lips.

Seriously, you'd swoon for this guy and the kind look in his eyes.

"Yeah, no sh*t," you laughed, shrugging, "I kinda lived with the craziest one for a hot while."

"You sure did," this guy tilted his head at you thoughtfully at the mention of Taehyung, eyes flickering over to where the red-haired demigod was intently watching you two, "well, anyway. I'm Seokjin, son of Aphrodite, and appareNTLY the ONLY ONE with MANNERS in this house that belongs to YOU."

You laughed at the emphasis behind his words, the rest of the demigods finally getting the hint and actually sitting down at the stern glare Seokjin was shooting them. Taehyung swiftly took the spot to your side on the couch, crossing his legs over each other and smiling innocently at you when you shot him a 'really?' look.

"Aphrodite... goddess of love, right?" you looked up at him for affirmation, and Seokjin shot you a thumbs up.

"Yep. And beauty. She sure gave YOU quite enough of that,"

You rolled your eyes at the faint flirting, but Taehyung's faint flicker of irritation drew your attention before it vanished as fast as it came, so much so that you wondered if you'd imagined it.

"Aaand..." you began, trying to break the awkward silence, "the rest of you?"

Taehyung playfully nudged you gently with his shoulder. "You think you could handle more of me?"

"That's insulting," the one with black hair muttered, shooting Taehyung a vexed look, "I under no circumstances want to be compared to you."

"Amen to that,"

"ANYWAY," Namjoon coughed, breaking the back-and-forth, "that's Min Yoongi, son of Hades, god of the Underworld. He can control shadows and stuff, his power's kinda cool, honestly," Namjoon took the small stretch of silence to speak up, the man he was pointing to (and who also happened to be sitting beside you on the other seat on the couch) raising a large, pale hand, his small, tired eyes and doll-shaped lips quirking up into a faint smirk at your inquiring look.

"I'm Hoseok! But you can call me Hobi," the one with pale orange hair chirped out cheerfully, waving brightly at you, "son of Apollo, shifter of light, at your service!"

You couldn't help the small laugh that tumbled from your lips at Hoseok's wide, pretty, sunshine smile, and the son of Apollo winked at you, the action making you blink at how both cute and hot that was at the same time.

"And yes, I already know you Namjoon, shut up," you huffed when your 'brother' (okay, so he wasn't really your brother, but you know what, he was still your brother so screw that) opened his mouth to probably introduce himself with a lot of flair and then snapped it shut with a disgruntled expression when you rolled your eyes at him.

I love our relationship sometimes.

"Park Jimin, but I think I already told you that last night," your purple-haired friend smirked at you through his words when he piped up next, "I hope you haven't forgotten this time?"

"Ha ha, hilarious,"

"Well, anyway," Jimin continued, still smiling and stretching out lazily, "I'm a son of Dionysus, god of wine and pleasure and all that, gifted the blessing of Poseidon a while ago. Drinks are kind of my thing."

"Idiot," Taehyung muttered from beside you, glaring at Jimin at those words and nestling closer to you, "I can't believe you fed me Lethe last night!"

"I already said sorry, Tae!"

"ANYWAY," the last of them said loudly, fixing you with a balantly flirtatious smile, "I'm Jungkook, son of Zeus, god of lightning and storms and the god of all gods and all that. No need to thank me for blessing you with my presence, you're welcome."

You debated slapping this idiot to give him a reality check, but Seokjin did that for you.

It occurred to you then that you and Seokjin would probably get along just fine.

"Brat, be polite," he huffed as Jungkook let out a dull whine.

"NOW," Namjoon finally clapped his hands together, facing everyone as his 'listen to me mfs' voice came into action, "you guys have officially met, even though I have spent years trying to keep you idiots away from her. Congratulations. Anyone lays a finger on Y/N, and they die a painful death of being fed to Yeontan. Got it?"

Well this was going to be brilliant.

"So you're... connected? Through a god's curse on your sword, Tae?" Jimin let a single finger swipe at his eyes, letting them slide shut at his words after you and Taehyung had taken turns regaling the entire story to the six men in your living room. After your brother's threat (you needed to ask someone who the hell Yeontan was and why Taehyung perked up the minute his name was mentioned), everyone had basically tried to piece together how exactly you and Taehyung had wound up together. So you two told em' the whole story. Well, mostly the entire story. You cut him off the minute he started straying into territory you REALLY didn't want anyone to hear.

Mostly your brother, but anyone, really.

Namjoon, your admittedly genius brother, was the one Taehyung had thought would be able to crack the curse on the sword. So now you were just trying to explain it to him before he 'examined' it.

"Basically," you answered, sighing, "I can't get this idiot away from me, is all it is, really."

Taehyung snorted, shooting you a little grin and teasingly dragging his fingers through his hair while leaning closer to you, clearly bringing out 'seductive Tae'. "You love me, baby."

"I really don't," you retorted swiftly, making Taehyung just grin wider and lean back, watching you with intent eyes. You swore he got off to you fighting back, with how he always reacted to you.

Jungkook's eyes fluttered between the two of you, and a wide, sh*t-eating smirk flirted with his innocent facial structure, making him seem anything but. "This is interesting," he drawled, shooting a playful look at Namjoon, whose scowl deepened.

"Just— gods, can we just focus—" Namjoon muttered in annoyance, glaring at Taehyung sharply. It annoyed you that even though the two of you were far from alone, Taehyung just continued to flirt with you like absolutely nothing was wrong. Taehyung just met Namjoon's stare with a faint grin, almost mockingly pressing his thigh harder into yours.

Curse this boy for being so damn confrontational.

"Yeah, well, anyway," you hurried on, eager to get away from the way this conversation was being steered, "basically, we're both bound to Taehyung's sword." You reached over and rubbed at the hilt of it, still marveling at the softness of the worn leather before absentmindedly tracing a finger down the glittering blade.

"So, what does that mean?" Yoongi huffed, face almost exasperated but not quite— just impatient, "Can't you just part ways? What's the big deal?"

"Death breath, can you just listen, or does that pass your potential?" you huffed offhandedly, sighing at the constant interruptions. There was a moment of silence— and then everyone (save Yoongi) burst into laughter. Taehyung from beside you snorted and covered his mouth with his hand as his shoulders shook with silent laughter, leaning into you for support as everyone else howled loudly.

"Did you just—" Yoongi spluttered, gaping at you, the most emotion you'd seen from him today displayed as disbelief on his face, "did you just call me death breath?"

You smirked faintly. "Sure did."

"This is why I like you," Jimin grinned at you from across the coffee table, eyes crinkling up at the disgruntled huff Yoongi let out.

A shifting from beside you made your attention waver, the laughter and pounding Yoongi on the back and side conversations that were all erupting from the one moment of distraction averting everyone else's attention as Taehyung's head rose faintly from leaning into your shoulder and now rested gently on top of it so his warm, sweet breath was fanning over your neck.

You could feel eyes on you as Taehyung did this, keenly watching and probably listening too, but you were too preoccupied with the intoxicating feeling of Taehyung's breath on your skin to determine who exactly was behind the prickling sensation on your neck.

Or maybe that was just Taehyung. He tended to have that effect on you.

Even though you were trying to revoke it, because this was a bad idea and you didn't want him to.

"And this is why I absolutely adore you," Taehyung hummed breathily in your ear, making you stiffen as you were called back to reality with Taehyung's eyes intently leaving heat in their wake, "Gods, love, I never got to show you what you do to me, but I plan to."

"Taehyung..." you warned, a shudder rippling down your spine at the dark, tempting implications behind his tone, rendering you utterly unable to pull away, "watch it."

You could feel the inklings of faint frustration beginning to surge through Taehyung when you forcibly shifted away from him, pulling your arms in closer to you and pressing your legs together to occupy less space. You knew he'd noticed the way you'd been shying away from him, and you knew it was bothering him.

And this time, he didn't let it go.

"Okay, you know wha— pretty one, what's wrong?" he demanded quietly after checking that everyone else was still occupied in bickering of some sort ("Kim Namjoon, keep a flippin' leash on your sister or so help me—" "Bold of you to assume I could even try, man—"), long fingers detaching from his sword and instead coming to grip your arm when you turned away, "What happened? Did I do something? Are you angry with me?"

Taehyung's low voice was quiet enough that no one could hear it, but you were sure at least someone would see the way his brows were furrowed and the way he held your arm as if to hold you in place.

He was making this hard for you. But reality checks really were a hard thing.

"I'm not angry with you, Tae," you muttered, not meeting his eyes, "just... back off, okay?"

The stab of hurt that ricocheted through Taehyung when you shook his hand off you made you slightly guilty, but the sudden surge of an oddly sharp resolve made you a bit more wary than remorseful.

"GUYS!" you were snapped out of your brief conversation with Taehyung at Seokjin's irritated yell that cut through all the noise, "Seriously, can we try and focus? There's a curse on Taehyung— and Y/N, for that matter, and y'all are bickering like children and not trying to fix it! Ugh, Zeus give me the strength."

Everyone sheepishly looked down and fell silent, although you could still feel Yoongi's annoyed glare on you.

Eh, win some, lose some.

"Right. Thank you, Jin hyung," Namjoon huffed, straightening back up, "anyway, Y/N, Tae— there's a curse, yes? So how does it work?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but Taehyung's rough timbre was interrupting you before you could. "We are somewhat bound to each other," he began, once again shooting a faint half-smile at you, "we cannot be separated for very far or very long, or else we start feeling a pull to get near the other. We can feel each other's emotions, and... if we touch each other, I am sent back inside the sword."

There was a moment of silence as everyone took this in.

"Uhm, Tae?" Jungkook looked between the two of you sitting next to each other with faint perplexity. "Hate to break it to you, man, but you're literally touching each other right now."

You sighed. "What he means is skin contact," you clarified, meeting Taehyung's side glance, "clothes, hair, and also fingernails, I think, is okay, but not skin."

"Oh three hells, you have no idea how much better that makes me feel!" Namjoon finally sighed dramatically, relief flooding his face as he slumped back into his armchair and earned a small snicker from you as well as an irritable kick to the shin from Seokjin, although you weren't sure what the significance behind the blonde son of Aphrodite's silent scolding was.

"Wow," Jungkook shook his head, flicking the demigod beside you on the shoulder with playful sympathy, "ouch, Tae, that's gotta be trusfrating."

"It's— Kook NO, it's FRUSTRATING, you illiterate swine— and also, no. Taehyung, continue to keep your hands OFF my sister, boy," Namjoon crossed his arms over his chest, still looking somewhat relieved.

"It is difficult, hyung," Taehyung said with a completely straight face before he met your eyes and a smirk began to pull at his lips, "especially since—"

"ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS BOY'S A HORNY BASTARD YEP THAT'S WHAT HE WAS GOING TO SAY," you yelled, not knowing what Taehyung was about to say but utterly aware that it wasn't going to be good. Taehyung watched you amusedly before carefully slinging his arm over the back of the couch behind you, close enough to you to make Namjoon swell in faint irritation but not quite touching your skin.

"Well, I can't say you're wrong, baby," Taehyung drawled playfully, and your lip curled up into a sneer as you pushed him away from you.

"You're disgusting, lord help me,"

"Taehyung, cease thy flirting while we're trying to figure out HOW TO BREAK THIS CURSE PLEASE—"

"Sweet Eros, he really hasn't changed,"

You felt yourself stiffen a little at those words even though you tried to steel yourself not to. Yeah, of course Taehyung hadn't changed. Despite how at ease you felt with him, how quickly you fell into banter even though you were trying (and failing, clearly) to keep your distance, how he made you feel like your blood was on fire when he looked at you with those dark, intense eyes... he was still Kim Taehyung.

A notorious f*ckboy that your brother literally tried to beat up when he saw the two of you even remotely close to each other, because Namjoon knew what you had been through and he knew that Taehyung would never be able to give you what you needed.

Your brother, as was in most cases, was right about everything.

But still, you could feel every twinge in Taehyung, every burst of annoyance and shock and hurt or even admiration and happiness, and that just brought you all the closer to him, involuntarily. You could read each other perfectly, as if you'd known each other for years, even if it was only part of a stupid curse.

You fit amazingly together, you had to admit.

But you couldn't be doing this.

You were only going to get hurt in the end.

"So!" Hoseok piped up cheerfully, unaware (as the rest of them were, aside from Taehyung) of you internal tumult, "What happens if you DO touch each other? I mean, what kind of curse is this?"

"I mean, Taehyung turns into red—" you began as Taehyung casually flicked his sword effortlessly over his fingers, drawing your eyes to the graceful swings and arcs it cut through the air, but you were interrupted by Taehyung's deep chuckle.

"Aish, hyung, why don't we just show you?"

Oh, you knew what he was doing. You knew what this was. You tore your eyes from Taehyung's sword and pretty fingers only to find his own were already fixed on you, seemingly amused by the irritated scowl that wound over your face.

"I thought you didn't like going in there?" you crossed your arms over your chest. Taehyung shot you a lopsided grin at your accusing stare.

His retort was quick and accompanied with an undertone of teasing. "Well, you certainly had no reservations the time you punched me in the nose."

There was a moment of silence as Namjoon fell off his chair.

"I have never been prouder of my sister," he sighed while splayed on the floor.

"Oh for Olympus's sake, Joon, get off the floor," Yoongi muttered, although his gaze on you was slightly more approving than grumpy. Jungkook was doubled over with silent laughter, and Jimin was just shaking his head as if disappointed in you, but grinning.

"Well, get on with it, then!" Seokjin threw his hands in the air and flicked them at both of you as if shooing you away.

"LET THE PUNCHING COMMENCE!" Jungkook hooted loudly, earning a dangerous look from Taehyung.

You glanced at the scarlet-haired demigod beside you. "Um... so..." you coughed, unsure of what to do as you lifted your hand, aware of all the stares on you two. HOW exactly were you going to do this? It wasn't as if you were going to punch him again, right?

But though your ambivalence, the red-haired son of Ares, on the other hand, seemed to have an exact idea in mind.

"Can I get my kiss now?" he tilted his head, feigning innocence as he widened his dark eyes imploringly and leaned a little closer to you. You were stunned into silence for a minute, transfixed by the soft, almost pleading look buried deep in his irises before you came to your senses and jerked back, almost shoving Yoongi on the other side of you off the couch.

"NO!" you yelled just as Namjoon shoved himself off the floor and stared at Taehyung as if he'd gone mad. Jungkook went back to guffawing like the annoying little f*cker he was and Yoongi huffed irritably at you.

"Oi, woman, a little thing called personal space?"

"Since when do you YOU a*shats care about personal space, with your trying to get into everyone's pants and all?" you snapped back, eyes never leaving Taehyung as you slowly peeled yourself off him.

"Aw, pretty, why're you so shy?" Taehyung teased, rendering you fully unable to hide the red that now dusted your cheeks, whether it be from the implications behind his blunt words, the embarrassment flooding you, or the anger that came with it, you had no idea.

I changed my mind, you spat severely to yourself, I AM going to punch him again.

But before you could, Taehyung shrugged and shot you yet another lopsided smile. "Ah, well, seems I have to settle for the next best thing."

Your entire mind went blank when Taehyung quickly laced his fingers through yours, sending sparks and friction up your entire arm when he did so. The familiar feeling of Taehyung's presence beginning to dissolve hit your mind, but before you could dwell on it further, the ridiculously attractive dumba*s was pulling you up with him as the edges of his figure began to shift and waver.

With a wink, he quickly pulled your hand to his lips and let his lips place a soft, barely-there kiss that danced over your knuckles, smirking at the way you seized up and let him do what he pleased before he burst fully into red dust, the trail filing away neatly into his sword.

It was all over in less than three seconds.

Jungkook's obnoxious wolf-whistling broke you out of the trance Taehyung had put you in.

"Taehyung, you're a little SH*T, you know that, right?" you yelled into your otherwise-silent apartment, instantly hearing the demigod's deep voice resound smoothly in your mind with a chuckle.

Ah, pretty one, I'm perfectly aware, he snickered, making you flush in irritation.

"Bastard," you muttered sullenly, crossing your arms over your chest and trying to rid the image of Taehyung's lips placing a phantom kiss over your knuckles as the six other demigods in your apartment stared at you.

"Can you... hear him still?" Jimin prompted hesitantly, propping himself up on his elbows over the coffee table and flicking a strand of his purple hair out of his eyes. You scowled.

"Unfortunately,"

"I am going to RIP THIS B*TCH'S SOUL OUT—" Namjoon spluttered, leaping up and lunging over to you. You were still slightly locked up, the sudden contact having taken you by surprise, but Namjoon's comforting arms around you relax.

"I'm okay, Joon," you sighed after half a second. Truth be told, Taehyung's touch didn't bother you all that much anymore. Maybe you were desensitized to it by now. "This f*cker is just annoying sometimes. I'm used to it by now."

By goddamn it, that was a straight attack on your heart.

Baby, I can do more, Taehyung breathed in the recesses of your mind, voice husky and sensual, sweetheart, baby, love, I can do so much more to you if you'd let me.

You could hear the chatter of the other demigods in the background, but you could barely hear them over the rushing your ears. You didn't respond to Taehyung as you delicately reached over and picked up the sword, feeling it start to hum and vibrate, hoping he got the hint. I'm not going to.

"Joon, should I let him out, or do you want to look at the sword right now?" you inquired as eyes suddenly were drawn to the animated sword clasped in your fingers.

"Oh, show me!" your brother hummed, plucking the thing from your hand and watching the light begin to fizzle out, "Ah. That's odd. So it only responds to you, then."

Just like me! Taehyung sung out cheerfully in the back of your mind, making you sigh. You have me, baby, I'm yours.

You tried to ignore him, despite the pulse in your chest at the implications behind his words.

"How do you let him out?" Hoseok asked, peering curiously at the kopis.

"I, uh... just swing it?"

Everyone tried doing just that. No Taehyung magically materialized.

Namjoon brought the sword back to the couch with Yoongi at his side.

"This... I've never seen anything like this before," Yoongi muttered, running a hand over the bronze blade (tell them to be careful with my baby, Taehyung whined), "I can't even feel his life force in there, the curse is so strong. It's blocking me off entirely. No wonder we never found him."

"Can you ask Taehyung if there are any other effects to him?" Seokjin asked carefully. Everyone had sobered up now, even Jungkook, settling back and watching Namjoon think hard.

Wow Seokjin hyung, thanks for asking. And yes, I think I'm cut off from Olympus as well. I already told you this, pretty— usually, I can see and travel through the gateways, but of late... that is why I did not come and find them.

You furrowed your eyebrows at Taehyung's words. "He said he's cut off from Olympus?" you started, "He can't sense the gateways, apparently."

There was silence for a moment before Jimin sucked in a deep breath. "This is... a pretty damn severe curse."

You heard Jungkook mumble a "if only you'd LISTENED to me..." under his breath.

Tell Kook to shut up, I don't need him rubbing this in my face right now.

"He can hear you," you sighed tiredly at the maknae, voice matter-of-fact.

Finally, your brother looked up from the sword and let out a long sigh. "Taehyung, you're in a huge mess right now, you realize?"

Oh no way, the demigod drawled, I hadn't noticed.

You were an amazing influence, weren't you?

"This curse is strong enough to begin with. Zeus almighty, your dad must have been pissed, Tae. Athena's power is also woven into this aura, which is probably why the sword responded to you, Y/N. It's not working for me since it's already bonded to you. A gods-given curse is never good news, but here's the thing— it should have ended by now, or at least weakened considerably. But it hasn't."

There was a long stretch of silence.

That can't be good, you stated.

Taehyung snorted. Oh, you think?

Yep, you were definitely rubbing off on the demigod, but you couldn't say you didn't enjoy the way he bit back.

"Sooooo..." Jungkook finally said, slight unease in his voice, "what do we do, hyung?"

"We need to figure this out," Namjoon said firmly, shaking his white-ish hair out of his eyes and standing up, "but we can't do it alone. There are other forces acting on this sword now, strengthening and fortifying the original curse. But to find them... we need the help of a god."

You raised your eyebrows, faint nervousness fluttering through you. A god... an actual Greek god. From what you heard about them, you weren't sure you wanted to be present for this encounter, although you had suspicions that you would have to.

"A god?" you heard yourself say, skepticism laced through your tone as your fingers wound through your hair and tugged, signaling your slight agitation, "Where are we going to find a god?"

Jimin looked up at you, faint amusement dancing over his pretty, delicate face. "Oh, you'd be surprised. They aren't really as mystical as you think."

"BUT they can have nasty tempers," Yoongi said flatly, throwing his hands in the general direction of Taehyung's sword, "as you all can clearly see."

"Still..." Namjoon cocked his head before locking eyes with Seokjin and sighing. "We need to think this through, obviously. But there is one goddess who pops in this area from time to time, and she isn't as conventionally terrible as the rest of them."

There was another stretch of silent debate as everyone's eyes turned to Seokjin.

Clearly, everyone but you knew who was being spoken about, and oh, how you hated being left out of potentially important sh*t.

"Joon, you know how she is," the eldest tried, clear discomfort flickering over his perfectly proportional face, little studs in his ear you hadn't noticed before glittering when he shook his head, "give her half the chance, and she'll all but throw Y/N and Tae in a locked closet for 24 hours to fix this or something."

Your eyes widened in faint alarm as Namjoon grimaced at the image. "Wait... that's not— that won't actually happen, right?"

I certainly wouldn't mind, darling— and after a while, I'm sure you wouldn't either, Taehyung purred darkly, and you could almost feel the phantom, ghosting kisses he'd leave all over you if he were even given the sliver of a chance. You shuddered, heat rippling up your spine.

For god's sake. You just couldn't free your mind of the thought of him, could you? Jeez, you needed to get a grip.

Shut it, you huffed crossly, ignoring the chuckles Taehyung dragged out at your reaction, I highly doubt I'd be impressed.

Oh? you could almost see Taehyung challengingly arching a brow, letting his tongue flick out over his lips just to rile you. Love, you don't know what you're in for.

"ANYWAY," you coughed out loud, flush threatening to wind over your cheeks at the suggestions behind Taehyung's tone, "um, right, so— that's not happening, right? No closets?"

"Hopefully not," Namjoon muttered grimly at your previous question, face screwing up at the thought of you and Taehyung in such close quarters, "but even so... she's our best bet."

Well, okay then. You were going to see a god. That was great. Wonderful. Peachy.

You could see the way Jungkook's lips were beginning to curl into a grimace, and the way Yoongi rolled his eyes, and the way Seokjin just looked like he wanted to throw himself out a window.

"So..." you began, none of these reactions really easing your mind, "who are we going to meet?"

The morning light streaming inside from your wide windows illuminated Seokjin's face in a cheery glow even as his expression turned 'done with life'.

"Prepare yourselves, guys," he let out a long breath, "and try for the blessing of Tyche as well."

"You're going to need all of it when you meet my mother."

A/N: Wow this was a quick update lol— tbh I think the gif at the beginning was super cute, but wowwwww, this is a long chapter. Did you guys like it? Ugh y'all, I just constantly feel like this book is getting progressively worse... idk if it's just my insecurities, but still. Anyway, love you guys! Stay happy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 10.4K 71
What if you're about to meet the people you work for and they're also your Idols? And one gives you the Soul Mark after you kiss? Do you tell them? O...
225K 8.2K 51
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’๐’–๐’„๐’Œ, ๐’•๐’˜๐’ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’” ๐’Ž๐’†๐’†๐’•. โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พ He was sure of his words, as he looked once more into Jungkook's...
150K 5.8K 46
29 year old Y/N, goes on a series of failed blind dates. Her father is determined to marry her off asap. She is beautiful, sexy, smart, funny, caring...
673K 23.1K 42
Taehyung is just a simple boy who meets a boy with a strong personality while on a school graduation trip. Two years later, they meet again. Will the...