Innocent Eyes

De Peachsk

What happens when a young girl too innocent. Loses her mother at a young age. Not being able to understand wh... Mais

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Bonus Chapter.1
Bonus Chapter.2
Bonus Chapter.3
Bonus Chapter. 4
Sequel

Chapter 17

13.7K 441 103
De Peachsk

Third Person

Owen seemed off to everyone today. He wasn't his usual enthusiastic self. He was a lot more quiter and looked tired. Mason could tell something was bugging him and not just by the big bags under his eyes that looked like shopping bags.

It wasn't like he even tried to hide it. Even Cameron could tell there was something wrong with Owen. Ever since that phone call.

Right now Owen and Cameron were walking into her daycare. She wore a pair of pink tracksuit bottoms and a matching jumper. Her hair was in two little pigtails swinging side to side as she skipped along with Owen. Holding his hand and in the other he held her minnie mouse bag. He was wearing his police uniform since he had to go straight to work.

When they got inside Owen kneeled down to his little sisters height to say goodbye like every other day.

When he was at the height of Cameron. She swung her two little arms around his neck pulling him close to her. But she then kissed his cheek and took in a breath of his cologne.

"Have a good day O and also try get rid of those dark marks." She whispered into his ear.

Making Owen have a small smile on his lips. He just loved his sisters innocence. For her he would try sleep but his mind had too much on it to sleep.

"You too you my little munchkin. I'll see you after work. I love you so much." He whispered into her ear hugging her tightly then kissing the top of her head as he stood back up.

"I love you too." She beamed looking up at her brother then skipping off into classroom.

Owen smiled watching her as she skipped disappearing through the door.

"Hey Owen."

He turned to see Julia in a dark green summers dress in this weather. But she still looked stunning to him.

"Hey Juila. How are you?" He asked putting all of his attention onto Julia.

"I'm good and you?" She asked walking towards him. She was doing the exact same thing as he was taking him all in.

"Ye. Sorry but I gotta head to work or I'll be late. I'll talk to later." Owen said to Julia.

"No problem. Bye" she waved at him.

At that Owen left heading straight to work.

Cameron sat at her table with her friends. Today her table had board games. Right now they were playing snakes and ladders. Dylan was in the lead much to their dismay but mostly Evan.

"Evan you can't go up a snake you can only go down!" Ava whined since Evans piece landed on the tail of the snake and he tried to go up it to catch up to his brother.

"Evan thats cheating!" Cameron added as she grabbed his hand as he tried to move the piece. Dylan thought it was hilarious.

They played a few more round everyone winning except Evan who just kept trying to cheat every chance he got.

Soon it was yard time but since the yard is covered in snow and its too cold to go out. They have an indoor play area where you can run around in.

When they got in the room everyone took off. But Cameron sighed and moved her way over to a bench that was at the side of the room. She sat down on the bench slouched. Her legs kicking back and forth.

"Whats wrong Cameron?" Dylan said coming over and sitting beside her on the bench. When he noticed her not near them when they came into the room.

He tilted his head slightly and bent down a bit so he could see her face. Her head drooped down and she sighed again.

"O is upset." She said looking up at Dylan.

"Whos O?" He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't know anyone by the name of O. What a weird name.

"My brother Owen he is upset." Cameron said again hoping to clear up any confusion.

Dylan made an 'O' shape with his mouth then he was confused again.
"Why?"

Cameron shrugged.

"He has these black marks. Mommy use to get them and when she did it ment she was upset." She looked up to Dylan.

"Well maybe give he lots and lots of hugs and kisses. They make everything better. One time I dropped my lollipop on the ground and it was dirty and I was upset. So my mommy gave me another one. Wait that has nothing to do with it but she also gave me a hug. She always gives me a hugs." He beamed hoping his little story would cheer up the little girl which it did.

"Thats such a good idea! And I can even draw him a picture. He loves my pictures. Maybe I can draw him a as a bear since he looks like one!" She beamed jumping off the bench and throwing her hands around the place.

Dylan got up and gave her a hug. Catching Cameron by surprise.

"Yay! Your happy!" He beamed. The both jumped up and down in their hug in excitment.

The rest of the day flew by. Cameron had drawn the perfect bear picture. She even wrote his name on top of it. But to others it looked like two big, brown circles with two small circles and 4 lines 2 for arms and 2 for legs.

When Cameron saw Owen she immediately ran over to him. He still had those dark marks. Which made her frown a bit but still took his open arms.

"Look! Look O! I drew this for you to make you feel better." Cameron said handing Owen her drawing.

Owen smiled his heart was melting at this little girl. She held on tightly hugging onto his arm. Looking up at him to see his reaction.

"A bear! Thank you Cam." He kissed the top of her head as they walked to the car.

"Why did you draw me a bear?" Owen asked buckling Cameron into her carseat.

"Because you remind me of a bear but a cuddly bear." She smiled up at him which he returned.

When they got home Cameron immediately clung onto Owens arm hugging it tightly nearly so that it would lose circulation.

Mason sat in the kitchen on his laptop doing college work. He looked up to see a tired Owen and a Cameron who is clung onto Owen.

"Cam why are you hugging my arm?" Owen asked looking down at his little sister. The first thing she usually does is look for Ellie.

"Because hugs make everyone feel better and I want you to feel better." Cameron explained looking up at Owen.

Mason looked at Owen in worry. The boys would have to be careful with their mood since it would affect Cameron too and this is an example to it.

"What do you mean?" Owen asked Cameron curious to what she knew.

"Well Mommy use to get dark marks when she was upset. Dylan told me hugs make everyone feel better and I'm trying to make you feel better." Cameron explain.

Both Mason and Owens eyes softened at the mention of their Mother but that she also didn't get sleep some nights.

"Cam why don't you find Ellie and I think Noah is upstairs with Kiara why don't you check on them" Mason said. He wanted to talk to Owen privately without little ears hearing them.

Cameron nodded hesitantly and went on her misson. Once she left and was out of ear shot. Mason looked over to Owen.

"Whats wrong? You clearly got no sleep last night and you have been off lately. And don't give me a stupid excuse." Mason said sternly to Owen. He worried deeply about him it must be serious if he is not getting sleep.

Mason know Owen has a lit of responsibility and wants to help as much as he can now that Cameron is here.

Owen sighed and leaned on the counter putting his head in his hands. Rubbing his face up and down.

"I got a phone call the other day.."

Flashback...

"Hello. Owen Davis speaking...who is this?"

The line was silent.

"Owen. It's me your father."

Owens eyes widen he hasn't heard from his Dad in four years. When he was left with all the responsibility of taking care of his brothers.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" He whispered yelled incase any ears could hear him. Owen made his way to his bedroom. Less people could hear him.

"Eh..I've been places"

Owen couldn't believe his father he couldn't just pick up the phone after four years and expect a 'how are you?' . It just doesn't work like that.

"Listen I need something__" Robert sighed but was interrupted by Owen.

"Well there's nothing I can give. I can't help you." Owen said with anger pulsing right through him.

"I need somewhere to stay. I want to make it up to you boys." Robert sounded desperate but Owen doesn't care.

"I don't care I'm sure you can find somewhere else to stay since you've been gone for four years."

"Owen I'm your father." Robert tried to sound stern but it just made Owen more angry.

"You lost that position when you left." With that he ended the call not wanting to hear his stupid voice.

End of Flashback...

Mason looked at Owen like he had ten heads. Robert contacted them after four years. He was shocked after hearing what Owen had just told him.

"Then on top of that my boss is killing me for a case he gave me, our mothers lawyer wants to see us about some letter, bills and even more bills came in and not to mention Christmas is coming up and we have to buy presents.." Owen runbed his hands over his face.

"Mase I'm so stressed. I can't even sleep. I'm worring about everything. Every little thing." Owen looked so drained and tired. He needed a good sleep if he wanted to think of things the proper way.

"Owen you need to take a breather okay? Don't worry everything will sort its way out. You can't come up with a solution if your in this state. If Robert decides to come here you have me to help you deal with him. I can take on more shifts if you need me to. Owen you don't have to take on all the responsibility. I'm an adult too." Mason eyes softed at his brothers state.

"Your right. I need to sleep then I can think and I shouldn't be taking all of this responsibility myself. I'm just use to taking it all on. But were a team." He smiled

Mason felt better knowing his brother was listening to what he was saying.

Owen then walked upstairs. Getting changed. Cameron sat there waiting for him. She was already in her pjamas.

"What are you doing in here?" Owen asked playfully as he walked towards the bed where she sat.

"I'm going to sleep with you so we can cuddle." Her big doe eyes looked up to Owen. He smiled and they both got into the bed. Cuddling close to eachother.

Hugs really do make you feel better.

There we go Chapter 17..

So I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I iust wanted to show that life is stressful and you will see it in the next couple of chapters the issues.

Do you think Robert will come back?

Do you think Robert knows about Cameron?

What do you think the letter is that their mothers lawyer wants to give them?

Does your heart go out to Owen?

Any theories??

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4M 87K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
67.2K 2.7K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
Riptide De ScobellTheSlytherin

Ficção Adolescente

308K 7.7K 111
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
175K 4.1K 41
[sequel coming soon on 1st April 2023] "you are not our sister so stay away from us!" "b-but" "STAY AWAY BEFORE I LOSE MY CONTROL"