French Kiss in Paris

By Imcrazyyouknow

World Trip Series 2 Struggling to keep her career in the spotlight, Cosette finds a new way to save herself f... More

World Trip Series 2
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Thank You
Special Chapter 1
Special Chapter 2
Special-Special Chapter
Special Chapter 3

Chapter 1

3.2K 121 27
By Imcrazyyouknow

Chapter 1

I stand in front of the mirror hanging on the nicely, molded wall of my room. I've been conflicted for more than twenty minutes now whether I would be wearing pants or a skirt. It's a big controversy for me as I'm too picky about how will I look in the eyes of other people. That what they picture of me, it is what they get to me. But in the end, I chose to wear a light pink sheath dress with white laces on the collar that falls right on my knee and a pair of classy brown sheepskin ugg boat with shearers around the top.

I couldn't get a better view of how it looks on me dahil upper part lamang ng katawan ko ang nakikita ko sa salamin. My head shifted to my side and my eye squinted when I found the chair and with that, I've got an idea popped up in my pretty bright mind.

I pulled the chair and placed a few away from the mirror and stand over it. As I finally got the view of my kicks, I turned back to see how will I look from the back. Puno ako ng confidence when I picked my own clothes to wear. Back home, kahit hindi pansinin ang aura ko, they always complimented how I dress. For a girl like me who's acting wasn't appreciated, I still can make their heads turn to me three hundred sixty. I wear classic, sometimes simple dresses and no matter how I look, I still get feedback.

At least, alam ko kung pa'no dalhin ang sarili ko. I just don't know how to be an effective actress.

"Bonjour!" Victor greeted enthusiastically as he barged into my room. He didn't even knock. (Hello!)

I screamed from his sudden entrance. I almost fell on my position dahil sa gulat at naalog ko ang kinatatayuan ko. Victor scrunched his face, filled with too much curiosity, and put his hand on the temple of his head trying to compose himself on what he's seeing. 

"Que faites-vous, Mademoiselle?" Victor asked with a hint of laughed on his face. (What are you doing, miss?)

"Viens, help me," I said and then he came to my help as he holds my hand and then I jump on the floor. I straighten the wrinkles of my dress then put my attention to me. "How do I look?" (Come, help me.)

Hinawakan niya ang magkabilang braso ko at inikot niya ako habang sinusuri. Nang makaharap ko muli siya, wala siyang komentong ibinigay sa akin. He zips his mouth trying not to offend me.

"I know this is weird but this is my fashion," I told to him and fixes my beret. "See? I look like a french now, right?"

He shakes his head, completely disagreeing with my statement. I don't mean it but whatever I wear, it speaks me.

"Whatever, Cosette," he said and turn around. I guess he's really over with it. I know I didn't pick you up yesterday at the airport and now you're torturing me. Don't say you look like french--it's okay with me but not to anyone. They can be mean and when I say mean, you'll definitely cry and be alone for the rest of your life."

"Huh?" I scoffed with him. I wasn't sure if he's playing around or he's just being true to me. That's I guess, a true friend I can have. "Anyway, should we go now? It's my first day to meet my colleagues and my students. I'm so excited,"

"Don't be," he warned. His tone is serious. My eyebrows pulled together for what he meant. "You'll know it once you do."

And I still don't get it. Should I worry about my first day of teaching? Well, first of all, I never got to teach at an actual school when I got my license. Nalihis agad ako ng landas. 'Yong landas pang walang pumapasin sa akin. Na hindi nila nakikita ang worth ng isang hardworking Cosette.

"Allons-y, Cosette, you can't be late on your first day, and please," he stared at me intently as I failed big time last night. "Don't get lost again and don't meddle with french guys if you're not interested in them..."

"And why?" I softly asked as my brow raised as well.

"They only want sex and yes, french men don't get tired of having sex," he speaks it like it's not a big deal. I guess it's just the way Victor speaks. Vulgar yet compassionate.

I explicitly remembered what happened yesterday and it feels likes I was devoured like a soup. Higop kung higop. And it makes me feel sick. Paano pala kung may sakit 'yong lalaking 'yon? What if he's carrying an addicting syndrome? A disease? I could be overdosed by that kiss now.

"Sure, I'll keep that in mind. And surely, wouldn't fall for a stunt like that guy did to me last night,"

"Tu es une jolie femme c'est pourquoi," he says. (You're a pretty woman that's why.)

"Ahhh..." I processed what he said. "Am I really that pretty?"

"Last night, oui. Maintenant? Non." Iling pa into sa akin. Halatang ayaw niya ang suot kong damit ngayon. I mean, I really look fine with it. I can mix well with the Parisians and the tourist and I shouldn't be down with it. If I failed to be an actress, maybe kaya kong gawin 'yon dito ngayon and even no one will notice me, I don't really care. At least wala akong kakompistensyang retokada. (Last night, yes. Now? No.)

"Let's go, Victor! I can't wait to start my day and wash all the bad stuff that happened last night," I said and picked up my brown trench coat which is enough to cover the dress Victor hated me to wear.

Hindi na rin naman niya ako pinansin. He must be done with what I'm wearing and that's fine. If I've got time to go shopping, I would definitely lush out all my money to all the branded and finest designer's best couture. If they needed a person to model their brand, mababa lang ang rate ko or I will definitely do it for free if publicity is the cost of it. 

Sometimes I'm thirsty to gain attention. And I think it's the thing I needed to fulfill my goals. What can I do to make my name famous in Paris? Is there a way or everything is the hardest way?

As we head down the stairs, I carefully put my trench coat on and Victor feels like couldn't help himself to give me pity looks.

"My friend told you had a good taste in fashion, maybe show me once you're in the right mind, Cosette," Victor brutally suggested. 

I opened my mouth in shock and my eyes widen upon hearing it. I know he's just trying to be good to me and that meant no offense, I feel so attacked with it but I came out fine. Victor is a good person, he might be brutal but he just cared for my well-being even though we just met. I really hope I could meet some kababayan somewhere. 

Soon as we got out of the bâtiment, I finally breathe in the air and roam my eyes around to some people walking past the street.

"Viens avec moi, Cosette," Victor prompted as he pulled my hand and snake it around the arm. (Come with me.)

"Ah, what are we doing? Are you making someone jealous, mon ami?" I chuckled and tickled his side but he immediately stopped me to do it. Itinigil ko rin ang pagsundot sa kanya at sineryoso siya. It seems like Victor has a split personality and I'm sure that I'm loving the nice one rather than the mean one which I guess the true french attitude of him coming out carelessly. (My friend.)

We walked together and Victor talks about all the things I need to know in Paris which I mentally and emotionally needed. I've had some lectures and things I need to remember from my French class back home. Though hindi lahat ay naaral due to our limited time. Mabuti na lang ay naipasa ko 'yon dahil for sure, once I failed it, hindi rin ako maaprubahan so thanks to my brain who did all the work.

Victor and I go to the same metro line but he'll be leaving me alone because he has to go to work. Napuntahan na rin naman namin kagabi ang school ko kaya hindi ko na kailangan pang mabahala. It's to memorize kung ano 'yong sinabi sa akin ni Victor but other things, hindi na. I'm still learning kaya kapag mali ako ng binabaang station, lagot na. Uuwi na naman akong luhaan.

We head down the metro line. It is under the ground so it is new to me. Victor let me do the work for myself. Ako ang bumili ng ticket ko and tried to speak in French ad luckily, I did it tres bien. He looks so proud to me. It's like I'm his daughter and I won the first prize in a declamation-poetry contest. That's what he looks like right now. A proud father or mother.

We waited for the train. This will be the usual thing I have to do. Going to be my routine for the next few months or so. I have a year contract in Paris and I mean, there's a lot of time I don't have to go to work as there's only a given schedule I supposed. I will only be teaching elective language which only students who prefer taking English will be my students and I hope they are good.

As soon as the train speed comes in, Victor and I prepared to go inside once the train stopped. I notice that there are not many people around even though it's Monday. I guess, only a few here in my area take the metro but Victor mentioned that in our arrondissement, public transport is our easy access. And kinda safest around the neighborhood which made me feel fine.

I followed Victor entering the train, there's a lot of space in the seats and we quickly have a seat. Kung nasa Manila lang ako, for sure, makikipagbasagan ng ulo at magkakasakitan sa balikat dahil sa pangingitngit ng iba makaupo lang. But in France, they showed elegance and they don't need to yank people out of their seats. This is nice. J'aime ça.

Wala pa mang limang minuto ang nakakalipas, napansin ko naman kaagad ang mga babaeng nasa harapan ko. They are looking tres belle. But as I keep ignoring them, hindi naman nila ako tinitigilan tingnan. Hindi na lamang ako nagpahalata na tinitingnan ko rin sila. I really feel so weird right now. Are they judging me? It seems like they don't pero pansin ko ang malalaking ngiti nila sa labi na pilit na tinatakpan ng kanilang wool scarves.

At dahil hindi ako nakatiis, kinalabit ko na si Victor.

"You don't do that to me when I'm busy, Cosette," he said.

I creased my forehead. "You're not busy? You're just sitting here, next to me."

"I'm imagining what the world could be with my creation. I have a goal to be known in the world for my best creations... and I'm still imagining what could it be and you're ruining it, ma cherie," he explained.

"Yeah, I know, we have the same goal and I understand that I've interrupted you. But I have a question," I whispered my last sentence because I don't wanna sound so conspicuous in front of those girls who keep matronizing me. Do they find me pretty? Will I be the next Audrey Hepburn? Tinatawag na ba ulit ako ng spotlight?"

"What do you want to ask?"

"They are looking at me and I think they are talking about me," I lowered my voice and puckered my lips to the side which falls in the direction of the two ladies. Victor's eyebrow pulled together and made vertical lines in between as he distinguishes what my lips been doing. 

"I'm not going to kiss you, Cosette," he countered. Showed a little disgust on his face. Well that's harsh.

"No, look at them," and I tried to sway him to look at our side by moving my eyes to the left side. And when he finally did, he just laughed. He didn't have time to examine them. He knows too well. "What? Why are you laughing? Are they laughing about me?"

"Yes, they do," Victor chuckles.

"And what they are laughing about?"

"I don't know," he timidly responded. A kind of answer that doesn't want to insult me. "But maybe because of your dress, Cosette. You're really trying too hard to be french but don't worry, people like us like to laugh and be mean to tourists who took us as a joke."

"But I'm not trying hard," I answered but Victor didn't listen. Napatungo ang ulo ko at napabuntong hininga na lamang ako. 

When we bound to the next station, the ladies come to me and asked if they could get a quick snap of me. Of course, Victor translated it for me, and to my confusion, I just let them be and when I asked why they want a picture of me, they answered... bonne journee—which means have a good day. And it doesn't make any sense at all.

Oh Lord, help me. I was mocked for my appearance already. Should I get naked? Baka mas bet nila 'yon 'no? I don't do nudes but maybe... will be the spotlight of my career?

***

As I walk down the Rue de Entrepreneurs at nasisilayan ko na ang building kung saan ako magtuturo. Pakiradam ko ay nangangatog ang tuhod ko at gusto ko na lang bumalik sa kinaroroonan ko. This would be my first teaching experience and I can't blow this out. These students needed me and I'm going to give them the best class they ever got in their lives.

I finally stopped in front of the building and walked inside. I had to ask some personnel where I could meet some faculty members to meet so I could know my schedule. Though they already slipped it on my email, I still need to meet them personally for a formal meeting and so they can give me a short brief on how I will take everything around the school.

When I was instructed to go to the Principal's office, I met the head of the school which guided me and briefed me on the rules and regulations of the school--it is what I expected so I prepared myself for it.

It only took us twenty minutes and I was instructed again to meet her assistant who will guide me. As I'm waiting for her to give me my physical copy of the schedule, she looked at me intently, like examining me with narrowing her eyes. She must be my age because she doesn't look thirty above the way she looks. Her appearance seems fair and simple. More than me... so extravagant.

"You look like someone... I think," she said, her name's Minetta and she's a French. But clearly speaks English just with a strong r from her accent.

I scrunched my face and shook my head. "I don't think so... I'm sure we haven't met before until now."

"Sure... but I think I must've seen you somewhere..." she speculated, trying to remember it.

"Where?" I asked.

"Wait," she said and picked her phone from the pocket of her coat. She scrolled and then a moment later, she surprises me. "Aha! This is it!"

She handed over the phone to me and when I looked at the screen, I almost lost my soul. I had my jaw dropped as I couldn't believe it. Mas tinitigan ko pa ang picture at izinoom ko pa ito para lang masigurado ko. It was the guy who kissed me earlier and this photo was posted on Instagram and nearly had two hundred thousand likes.

"Is that you? You really look like her... same features, hair... and the way you dress, your height? You must be the new girlfriend of Cashel Corprew. Oh, girl, you're so lucky!"

Agad kong binalik sa kanya ang kanyang phone. "Oh, no, you must be wrong. I'm not that girl. She may look like me but I'm not here. Sorry... And I don't have a boyfriend."

"Sure," she said as she slipped her phone back into her pocket. "I see. But if it's you, you could've told me honestly, right? And no one would deny Cashel. He's a God for everyone. Oh, gosh." 

I nodded breathlessly. "Right."

"Cool, now come with me and you'll see where you'll be teaching... and I'm sure, your students will love your outfits. Tu ressembles déjà à un français," she chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get the last sentence you said. What did you say again?"

She smiled genuinely and held my shoulder. "Don't worry about it, you'll be fine."

But I'm not.

Ngayon na na-i-stress ako bigla sa nangyari. How in the world that picture reaches that amount of audience? Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala ngayon but I hope I could find this guy and asked him what he's doing. If it's a stunt or a prank, it wasn't fun. It also could be the reason why some people are looking at me and those ladies who took a picture with me. Oh gosh!

What am I now? A public nemesis or sweetheart?

It will ruin my reputation if it goes the other way around. If this is what's happening in my Paris life... what could happen in the future?

Will I also lose my job as an English educator and deported back to my country?

Oh shiz. I need a lucky charm now, I can't be the beacon of failure.

***

Hi! If you happen to notice some typo, grammar error, this chapter is unedited and I guess the rest will be. It will only be, for sure, revised or edited kapag may time na ako o kaya may offer hahaha. Thank you for reading!

Name pronunciation:

Cosette Pelleprose Calafiore - Koset, Pelpross Kalyafyori

Cashel Corprew - Kashel Corpru

#FrenchKissInParis1 #FKIP1

Interact with me on twitter >>> @imjacobxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.3K 43
You don't have all the time in the world. Iyon ang totoo. Blessed to have survived her fatal illness and learning more to live with it, Polka tries t...
372M 8.9M 100
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...
7.7M 220K 50
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
81K 1.4K 36
Love at first sight. Isang pangungusap na ginagawang katawa-tawa ng iilan. Pero, para sa kay Grysa Montecrisanto, totoo ang love at first sight. Nal...