Shadows and Monsters [Jace Wa...

By stormyshadows__

"You have an interesting effect on people, Sam Fray." "I like to think it's because of my insanely good look... More

Synopsis
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

8

683 26 1
By stormyshadows__

Walking out of the bar, Sam hung her head low thinking that her last chance at finding the secrets her mother literally slipped through her fingers, she stilled her face, turning to look at her sister who was feeling down too, so she pushed her feelings aside putting her arm around the redhead's shoulder who curled herself in Sam's side.

"Sam, Clary, we have to move," Jace demanded impatiently looking at the two sisters, Sam turned to Jace trying to keep her voice from breaking, "Just give us a minute, okay?" Sam asked, proud of herself that her voice was steady.

Jace must have noticed, so he nodded softly at the blonde, standing in his place while Alec scoffed, "You know, this is great. And not only did Magnus not get the girls their memories back, but he also took the necklace. This is fantastic-"

Sam rolled her eyes patting Clary's back softly as Jace turned to his brother, "Alec, the girls... Their names are Sam and Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down."

Alec's face creased in confusion, "Why? What, are you afraid I'm gonna upset her? We've risked our lives again and again for them, and where has it gotten us? All right? Nowhere. We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup. And we've lost the Institute's necklace." Alec yelled in frustration.

Sam snorted at the older Lightwood, "You know what, you're not the one who just realized that you're never gonna get your memories back or that you might not see your mother ever again so I'm so sorry if losing the stupid necklace is inconvenient for you but this is my life you're talking about." She exploded breathing shakily as she looked at the Lightwood.

"Sam, it's gonna be fine," Jace muttered to the blonde trying to comfort her when Clary shook her head at the couple, pulling herself away from Sam, "People are dying because of us. And Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him. And I will never get my memories back." Clary said in desperation with Magnus' button in her hand.

Jace seemed to notice the button, his eyes widening in realization, he approached her taking the button between his fingers," You give up way too easy."

"What is he doing?" Clary wondered looking at Sam who shook her head lost at what was doing.

"He's tracking Magnus. The button belonged to him. Jace can pinpoint the location using that." Izzy answered while the sisters watched the button glow in the Shadowhunter's hands, he closed his eyes in concentration.

Jace opened his eyes suddenly with a gasp, "No. The signal's not strong enough. Magnus must be blocking the track. Let's do this, Alec."

"Do what?" The blonde asked as Alec approached Jace and they both put their hands together.

"Parabatai tracking," Izzy answered,  "When Parabatais track, their power grows stronger. Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together." The black-haired girl continued as their hands started glowing.

"That looks intense and weirdly intimate" Sam commented, her eyebrows knitted together at the tension between the two guys who stared at each other intensely completely focused but also too close that you'd think they're going to kiss, "You don't know the half of it."

Jace suddenly pulled away from Alec, "Got him." He announced walking away with the other Shadowhunters in tow.

Walking through an abandoned warehouse, the blonde raised her blade in anticipation of any sudden movements, she walked beside Clary while the others held their weapons ready, "Magnus' lair is right behind that fence."Jace announced.

Clary looked around with a frown at the weird place she found herself in, "Magnus lives in a warehouse?" She asked.

"Not exactly. Warlock glamour."

Izzy shook her head, a crease forming on her forehead while the whip slithered in her hands itching to hit someone, "Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close."

"His protective wards must be down," Jace concluded stepping ahead of the blonde who was squinting her eyes looking carefully around.

Alec turned to Sam and Clary, "You two... Don't get in the way." He demanded before leaving the group.

Sam scoffed at the older Lightwood, "Seriously! What the hell?" She exclaimed in annoyance before she saw two men fighting, one of them was definitely a warlock while the other was a Shadowhunter.

The Shadowhunter was quick to pierce their sword through the warlock, Sam's mouth gaped open, "Valentine found Magnus!" She concluded before running towards the poor warlock.

A little girl then ran up to the dead man, "Daddy! Daddy? Daddy, get up, please!" She begged, staring at her dad unaware of the Circle member who sneaked behind her with his blade raised ready to end the little girl.

"Watch out!" Sam yelled kicking the Circle member away from the girl who quickly hid behind the blonde, grabbing at her shirt fiercely, the man turned to Sam with a sly smirk playing on his face, "Sam Fairchild. Valentine will be so pleased to meet you."

"It's really sad that you won't be alive to see it happen" He smirked, clearly underestimating the blonde's ability to fight, he pointed the sword at her stomach about to end her when Sam ducked rolling around jabbing her blade in his side, "Now, what did I say," she remarked as the guy fell on the ground.

"Guess you didn't need the help, " Jace said running out of breath as he approached her with a smile creeping on his face.

"Not a damsel in distress. No" She shook her head at him smiling before turning to the little girl behind her she bent down to get to her level, "No one is going to hurt you. You'll be okay I promise" The little girl nodded wrapping her arms around the blonde.

Sam held the girl's hand before she and the other shadowhunters walked into Magnus' living room, the girl ran at the warlock as soon as she saw him, he hugged her before ushering her to go with the other warlocks. Magnus turned to the blonde gratefully, "I heard what you did for Zoe. You risked your life without hesitation to save a young warlock child."

"She's a little girl. I had no choice plus I'm sure anyone would've done the same" She said dismissing his gratitude, cause what kind of monster kills a ten-year-old kid.

Magnus shook his head disagreeing with the blonde, "You always have a choice. You're not like the others, Sam Fairchild. Most Shadowhunters protect Downworlders out of a sense of duty, but you saved young Zoe because of what was inside your heart. You're more like your mother than you'll ever know."

"Then help us, help Clary get her memories back so we can find our mother, you can't spend the rest of your life hiding from Valentine" Sam stated looking at Magnus intently hoping to convince him this time

Magnus nodded at the blonde pausing for a few seconds considering his options before turning to Clary, "I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand. Now, I warn you retrieving your memories will not be easy."

"I will do what I have to do," Clary said.

"All right. But we're not safe here. The lair's location has been compromised. Hold tight, everyone, we're about to move." Magnus opened his arms using his magic to transfer the shadowhunters to his real place in Brooklyn.

"Okay. Pretty boy, get your team ready." Magnus demanded as Jace nodded about to walk away, "I know what to do." He said.

Magnus raised his hand stopping the blonde, "I'm not talking to you." He pointed to Alec, "I'm talking to... you." Alec smiled and shrugged when Jace looked at him frowning.

Clary was done drawing the hexagram when Sam, Magnus, and the other Shadowhunters walked in, "Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare." Magnus started admiring the hexagram that was drawn on the floor.

Clary stood up dusting her hand from the chalk, "I don't know about that."

"Oh, the only other person I've known who could draw as well as Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed, I might add," Magnus added throwing Alec a look.

"Okay. We're ready. Everyone take your rightful place on the hexagram."

Jace stood beside Sam who stood beside Clary who stood beside Izzy who stood beside Magnus who stood beside Alec, "We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens, we must not let go of each other's hands." Magnus instructed holding his hand out to Alec, who took it.

Alec took Jace's hand, then Jace took Sam's hand then she took Clary's, Izzy stared at all of them, she scoffed," You people are pathetic." Izzy said before she took Clary's hand and Magnus took Izzy's.

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say. The demon's name is Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories." Magnus illustrated.

"What do you mean? What kind of payment?" Jace inquired.

"We will see. Let us begin." Magnus answered before he started chanting in Chthonian, A wind howled and the demon was suddenly in their circle, all that Sam could really see is a cloud of dark smoke, "Valak is among us. Do not break the bond." Magnus yelled over the sound of the wind

"It is time, the demon demands payment. We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most." 

A memory of Alec was taken out of Izzy then a memory of Jocelyn was taken out of Clary then it was Sam's turn when a memory of Clary was taken out of her making the blonde smile, she'd remember walking into Clary's room watching the redhead lost in one of her sketches with headphones in her ears, it was one of the fond memories Sam had of her sister.

Then it was Alec's turn when a memory of Jace was taken out of him. Jace looked shocked staring at Alec who shook his head in denial, "No, it's not true! The demon deceived me!"

"Do not break the bond!" Magnus demanded yelling but it was too late because Alec already broke it. The demon was strong enough to push all of them out, falling back as Magnus tried to contain the demon with his magic, "I cannot contain the demon much longer!" Magnus shouted.

Alec looked like he was in a haze walking over to the demon, "No!" Jace pushed Alec away and now Jace was taken by the demon, Izzy grabbed Jace's arm and Alec grabbed the other

"Sam, Clary! Help us!" Izzy yelled as she and Alec were struggling to pull Jace, Clary was on the floor staring wide-eyed at the scene unable to move. Sam reached for her blade instantly, "If you kill the demon, Clary's memories will be lost forever!"Magnus warned.

She didn't have an option, she knew that she couldn't let Jace die not because of her, so she turned to her sister apologetically, "I'm so sorry" She said before turning around piercing the demon with her blade until he vanished.

Jace fell on the floor unconscious, "Jace, Jace" The blonde ran to him trying to shake the Shadowhunter awake.

"Is he gonna be all right?" The redhead asked the warlock who shrugged in response, "I don't know. Does he normally just lay like that without moving?"

"Seriously!" Sam scoffed before turning to Jace who suddenly gasped and coughed sitting up straight, "I'm all right. I'm all right. I'm all right. I'm just getting my second wind."

"I'm seriously starting to lose count on how many times I've saved your ass" Sam stated raising her eyebrows at Jace. He shook his head with a smile, "Actually it's the other way around"

She narrowed her eyes shaking her head, "You got it all wrong"

Sam sat on the couch in her room in the institute, with a book open in front of her, she was trying to distract herself from all the things that have been happening lately, "Hey." She looked up to find Jace leaning on the side of the door watching her.

"Hi" She smiled weakly closing the book she wasn't even reading at this point, "How you doin'?" He asked crossing his arms in front of his chest. 

"Fine. All things considered" 

"Can I come in?" Sam nodded putting the book at the nightstand beside her, he sat on the other side of the bed staring at her, "You know, that move you did launching into the tornado, that was pretty impressive. You must have one hell of an instructor." 

She smirked tilting her head at him, "I saw you in danger and I couldn't pass up the chance to save you. Again" She stressed on the word again with a smirk on her face.

He shook his head, getting serious, "No. I---I'm serious. Sam. You killed one of the Greater Demons. There's not a lot of Shadowhunters who can make that claim."

"Clary lost her memories forever. So, not exactly proud of that and I keep thinking what if we don't find her and---"

Jace put his hand in th blonde's one, "We will find your mother. I promise. Get some sleep, okay?" Jace said in reassurance before Sam nodded at him. He stood up leaving the blonde to her own thoughts.

"Hey" Sam greeted as she leaned on Clary's bedroom door watching her sister.

"Come in" Clary urged the blonde who sighed before she settled on the bed beside her sister, "I'm sorry" The blonde started.

The redhead frowned at her sister, "What are you apologizing for?"

"For losing your memories" 

Clary nodded looking down at her hand for a few seconds before looking back up at her sister, "Remember my prom dress when I accidentally made a cut into it"

Sam snorted, "Yeah, I remember. It was a disaster"

Clary smiled in nostalgia, "I was a crying mess, freaking out about the whole situation while you were so calm you cut the whole dress making it at knee length which actually worked" The redhead turned to Sam with a smile, "My point is you figured out another way to make it work and this is no different. As long as we have each other, everything will be alright" Sam smiled gratefully at her sister before wrapping her in a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 9.7K 63
Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven and had been taken in by the Lightwoods. S...
22.4K 399 14
Haylynn grew up as a normal 17 year old girl, has normal friends, and was having a normal life. But one night, that all changed. She and her friends...
770 41 9
" Always and Forever they promised each other. But what happens when one of them breaks that promise. " ||Season 1||
1.3M 26.8K 60
❝You know, it's weird. It's like wherever Bella goes, Alec is bound to follow, like magnets.❞ _______ Skinny love/; In which when two people love eac...