Rot & Romance (Rewriting)

By JamelTWilkins

Benjamin Crawford is dead. Or, rather, he is undead. Born from an ancient dark witchcraft that turns humans i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108

Chapter 69

255 11 0
By JamelTWilkins

Fawn wiped her eyes, which had returned to their natural olive color, with the back of her fingers.

"I'm happy for you, Lainey. Really."

Lainey smiled.

"Why are you crying?"

Fawn shrugged.

"I don't know," she squeaked.

"Really?" Lainey asked.

"No. I just . . . I don't want to hurt anybody or let anybody down."

Lainey grimaced.

"You mean your mom?"

"Or you . . ."

Lainey's heart skipped a beat.

"Fawn . . . you wouldn't try kill Benjamin, would you?"

"Like I said, I don't want to hurt anybody."

"But? . . . There's a 'but', right?"

"Lainey, I don't know what's going to happen, okay? God this isn't what today was supposed to be about. We're supposed to be hanging out and having fun."

A few second later there was a light tremor, causing most of the cosmetics on Lainey's vanity dresser to fall.

Lainey cautiously looked at Fawn.

"Did you . . .?"

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "Mama called it a magical surge. Sometimes when a witch's emotions are high . . . things like that happen. We have no control over what happens nor can we anticipate what happens. Forgot to mention that I'm the elemental witch of earth. Guess that explains the tremors."

Lainey stared into the palms of her hand which were resting on her lap. If Fawn was the elemental witch of earth, then the elemental witches of fire, water and wind remain.

"Which elemental do you suppose Ursula is?" she asked quietly.

Fawn rested her chin on her knuckles as she thought about Lainey's question.

"You said her eyes glowed green. That would make her the elemental witch of wind. It would also explain why that particular elemental have been MIA for so long. Ursula never died so she remained the elemental witch of wind all these years." Fawn looked at Lainey. "I still don't have full control over the mind-reading thing. Information comes in bits. Anything I miss?"

"Well . . . she was one of the original four elementals that sealed away the sorcerer Demetrius."

"The sorcerer who created the three Unforgivable Spells," Fawn said. "I've heard of him. He's the sorcerer you're supposed to be the descendant of, right?"

Lainey nodded.

"Ursula came to Sancova to get my blood to use in a ritual to . . . raise him."

The two girls stared at each other, their eyes widening. Lainey knew that Fawn was thinking the same thing she was.

"Demetrius is the Evil One of the prophecy," Fawn whispered.

"I was just thinking the sa--"

"I know. Why would Ursula want to do such a thing?"

"Ursula says she believes he is strong enough to kill primitive dead walkers without the Bone Dagger."

Fawn looked at Lainey.

"Primitive . . . I've heard that before. Something about a . . . 'Primitive Family.'"

Lainey nodded.

"They were the very first dead walkers, turned by drinking the Demon's Spirit--"

"Created by the sorceress Ursula, right."

"And they can only be killed with the Bone Dagger, a 'cure' Ursula created by severing a limb and forging a dagger with her blood and bone. It's currently in the possession of Ulysses Morrison, the first undead man in the world."

Fawn was now nibbling on one of her dreadlocks as she was lost in thought. She looked at Lainey.

"I need to know everything," she said, moving closer to her. She put her hands on the side of Lainey's head and bowed her head so they were forehead-to-forehead.

"What are you doing?" Lainey whispered.

"I'm trying to see if I can get more information from you."

"Do you have any idea what you're doing?"

Fawn was quiet for several seconds before she began snickering.

"Absolutely no idea."

Lainey laughed.

"Oh my God, Fawn. You're amazing."

"I figured if I can accidentally read minds, I should be able to get something if I'm actually trying."

"What do you need me to do?" Lainey asked.

"Just . . . I don't know, be silent so I can concentrate. Oh, and try to think of your encounter with Ursula and everything she told you."

Lainey nodded.

She was silent for two minutes. Then five. Around ten minutes she began to grow uncomfortable. Fortunately for her, Fawn finally let her go.

Lainey looked at Fawn, whose eyes were closed.

"Anything?" Lainey asked.

She opened her eyes.

"She called herself 'Sulura'. Really?"

"Oh my God! It worked!" Lainey said excitedly.

"So Ursula's goal is to rid the world of the undead so that she may die and find peace. I'm guessing she doesn't believe she stands a chance against Morrison, so she's going to the extreme of undoing the spell--using your blood--that sealed Demetrius away to free him so that he can do her bidding. But . . . the four elemental witches were created by Nature to defeat the Evil One. If Ursula's on his side, how can we fulfill that prophecy? I'm going to have to share this information with the other witches."

Lainey raised an eyebrow.

"You know other witches?"

"Oh, right. Remember the distant relatives I told you were staying over at my place?"

Lainey tilted her head to the side and playfully scoffed.

* * *
"Dude, you don't look so good," Rodney said.

"Yeah," Lionel added. "You sure you should be going to Vera's party?"

Jason sat at the foot of his bed, hunched over as his best friends stood over him.

"I'm fine," he grunted. "Just a little hungry. I'll feel better after I get something to eat."

"That's not it, bro," Rodney said, shaking his head. "You've been moody as hell lately. And paler than my ass."

Lionel grimaced at Rodney.

"TMI, dude." He looked at Jason. "But Rod's right. You're like . . . a zombie, bro."

Rodney laughed.

"Zombie-bro! That should be, like, your new nickname."

"Damn it! Would the two of you just shut the hell up!" Jason roared. He stood and walked over to his window. He could feel the monster within creeping toward the surface. "The two of you should go," he said through gritted teeth. "Now!"

"I don't think that's a good idea," Lionel said, stepping beside him. "Whatever you're smoking, you need to let it go. Rodney and I, we're worried about you."

"Lionel's right, Retro," Rodney said. "You're like a stranger now. I mean . . . how can we he bros if I don't even know you anymore?"

These two idiots! They should have listened. Such a shame; they were good friends.

Jason turned to face his friends.

Their screams of terror echoed throughout the entire house.

---

To be continued in Chapter 70...

(wow, 70 chapters!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208 44 22
Spencer Cassidy, a curious seventeen year old girl whose life is a tunnel of darkness. She always asks questions when nobody else ever does. Thomas...
2K 198 32
Two tortured souls. One unthinkable love. Ava is already trying to navigate the dark depths of grief when she meets a curious stranger who knows to...
76 0 55
Six months after turning himself in for murder, Toby the half-vampire has been released on bail to await trial. Certain that he is going to spend the...
283K 16.8K 30
When CJ, a teen girl living in a town that practices witchcraft, starts uncovering the truth about her sister's death, she discovers the insidious da...