Interwoven ✔️

By Atlantaes

"I am quite flexible." "Stop wiggling your eyebrows." ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧ In which she's assigned an al... More

Please Read: Interwoven
i. Worst Year Ever
1~ An Awkward Encounter
2~ Wiggle Wiggle
3~ Let The Battle Begin
4~ A Sticky Situation
5~ Alien
6~ Avenge and Revenge
7~ Blame
8~ Overstayed
9~ A Big Banana
10~ In the Shadows
11~ I See You
12~ Touch
13~ Awake
14~ Shamelessly Shnockered
15~ Enigma
16~ Blood and War
17~ Volatile Spirits
18~ Bad Blood
19~ Perverted Banana
20~ As a Family
21~ North City
22~ A Daunting Path
23~ Say Something
24~ Find You
25~ Lose Him
26~ Small Blessings
27~ Train Me
28~ Are You Ready?
29~ Make it or Break It
30~ Real Hard
31~ Possessive
32~ Promise
33~ Ready, Fight
34~ Pinned Down
35~ Exclusive
36~ A Gun in a Jacket
37~ A Dying Ember
38~ Forever is a Lie
39~ In the Name of Belief
40~ Baddie
41~ Frost and Starlight
42~ Stupid, Stupid, Stupid
43~ A Shot of Life
44~ Space Between Us
45~ A Nonsensual Slamming
46~ Motives
47~ Shattered
48~ A World Away
50~ A Boyfriend
51~ Bullet Rain
52~Warrior's Blood
53~ A Wall of Adamant
54~ The Spymaster
55~ An Interrogation
56~ Partner
57~ An Empty Vessel
58~ Scenes
59~ Three Pound Sausage
60~ Alive
61~ A Formal Introduction
62~ Old Terror
63~ An Ultimate Price
64~ Touch the Stars
65~ Too Late
66~ Healing
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

49~ Eight Letters

20.1K 2K 1.3K
By Atlantaes

"There's been an attack!"

All the trainees around the cafeteria breakfast tables perked up like dozens of meerkats. We all turned as the trainers began to stand and rush around.

It had been two days since the devastating news of Taehyung. Two days since the private training room.

There was a haunted look upon Jimin's face since the news had initially broken out, though he didn't entirely lose himself again like he had with the punching bag. I didn't let him. Numerous of search parties were still sweeping the area for Taehyung and the two other people who'd been lost in the mountains, yet there was still no sign of them. Some people were already pronouncing them dead. 

"An attack?" Krystal and I exchanged looks.

"Are we going to have to fight?" Tzuyu fretted beside us as we watched the trainers and other soldiers scrambling out of their seats and shouting to each other.

My eyes caught sight of a certain trainer just as his eyes found mine. He jerked his head. Quick. Almost unnoticeable. But I got the message.

"I'll be right back," I murmured to Krystal.

Her brows knitted together as I slipped away. Realization dawned on her when she saw who I was slipping off after.

After Krystal having been there when I'd rushed off to find Jimin in the science ward, I was pretty sure she now knew exactly what was going on between us.

Though she hadn't said anything yet, I could see she was bursting with questions. Respect threaded through me that she hadn't let a single word escape her though to expose what was going on, especially knowing her outbursting personality.

Now, I wove through the rushing people, narrowly avoiding getting trampled by an especially tall and robust trainer.

I'd lost sight of Jimin and had just stepped outside the cafeteria when hands grabbed my arm and tugged me into a shadowy alcove along the wall.

I tried to angle my body the best I could to obscure his glowing Marks. "What's going on?" I demanded.

"The Infinity Council intercepted a message." Jimin's arms automatically wrapped around me, holding me close. "There's going to be an attack on the North City," he said softly. The haunted look on his face was gone. Instead, a former keen glint of purpose ignited deep within his gaze.

"Where?"

He offered me a pointed, intense look. "On the North City," he said slowly.

My eyes widened. "You mean... the entire city?"

He nodded.

Was that even possible? I recalled how massive the city was. A sprawling landscape of skyscrapers and steel and life. Were the Reformists that large to lay siege to the capital of the country?

"You're going," I whispered. Not even a question. "Your unit has been called."

He nodded again.

"What about the trainees? Are we coming?"

"No." He shook his head and quickly placed a finger against my lips when he saw the protest rising up. "The trainees are needed to stay at the Capital Base to guard here. Only if we need backup will you guys ship out after us."

I swallowed hard. He was going to off to fight, possibly in the front lines, while I stayed behind walls of metal and steel, safe and sound.

"I can't, nor will I, take you with me," he quickly said as if reading the question in my eyes. "This you can't sway me on. As an official trainee, you need to listen to orders. Orders say you stay here and hold the fort down with the other trainees. General Konu is staying here too."

I stared at him. "The literal Infinity Council member of warfare is staying here when you guys are going off into action?" I struggled to keep my voice soft.

"The Council is in the middle of making critical decisions. They—"

"Fuck the Council!" I burst out. "They've done nothing but hide behind walls while everyone fights for their lives!"

"Hey, hey, partner." I fell quiet at Jimin's use of my old hypocorism. "It sucks I know. But it is what it is."

I clung tightly to his shirt. "When...when will you come back?"

His eyes fluttered shut. "I don't know." The three words were like three strikes against to the heart. "It depends on how long they'll want my unit. It depends on how quickly we can shut down those damn Reformists. It could be just for a few days, or it could be..." He trailed off.

"Months," I whispered. "It could be months."

Without warning he grabbed my hips and flipped us around so that I was pressed up against the wall while he loomed before me. I barely managed to take a breath before his lips crashed onto mine.

For a few moments his mouth moved against mine. I gasped at his ferocity and yet took it all in. I inhaled his scent— jasmine and spice, and relished the soft skin beneath my touch and lips. His own hands ran all over my body, as if memorizing every curve and divot in the last few seconds.

His kisses dragged down from my mouth and to my neck sending shivers down my spine. A sharp pain bloomed underneath his mouth, right where my neck sloped into my shoulder. It increased in intensity and only stopping right as I almost yelled at him. I winced as he pulled back and ran a thumb over the now bright scarlet mark right above my collarbone where anyone could see. I grimaced a little. If it was dark scarlet now it was going to be practically black when the blood rushed to it.

"There," he murmured. His eyes flickered back up to my gaze. "Don't you dare drink or mess with any guys while I'm gone."

I ran my fingers over his Marks and felt him shudder and hiss under his breath at the touch. "I won't. And you. Don't you dare get hurt or... or go to that place that I can't follow." I couldn't bring myself to say the actual word. The word worked its way up my throat before lodging there.

His eyes locked into mine and for a moment I thought he was going to leave just like that. Instead he pressed one final kiss to my lips. Spoke three words. Eight letters.  "I love you."

And then he was gone before I could reply.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 402 24
On their mission to find new planets for the humans to live in, Jimin, Jin and Yoongi find very special people out there. "You want us to take the a...
1.3K 140 4
❝You can come to me for advice anytime, Jungkook.❞ He took the 'anytime' way too seriously. Maybe Jimin wasn't Jungkook's medicine after all. ...
263K 8K 33
Two internet friends, who have no clue who each other really are, have a budding romance online which begins unravelling into something else with the...
41.2K 1.5K 22
❝i really like you, Tae hyung❞ when an innocent, young hybrid falls for his bad boy neighbour. BTS VKOOK HYBRID AU started; 090918 ended; 301019 comp...