𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒄𝒚

By vilalove09

"I know you all are not hard of hearing. If you heard your name, step out now!" The fact that the Principal d... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs | ᴄᴀsᴛs 1
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs | ᴄᴀsᴛ 2 ★ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
ᴏɴᴇ | ᴅᴜᴍʙ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴏɴᴇ ʙ | ᴅᴜᴍʙ ᴘsʏᴄᴏᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴛᴡᴏ | ʀɪᴄʜ ʙʀᴀᴛ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ᴄʜɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴊᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴏs
ғɪᴠᴇ | ғ**ᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴊɪᴅᴇɴɴᴀ
sɪx | ʙᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ
sᴇᴠᴇɴ | ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ | ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ
ɴɪɴᴇ | ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪssᴜᴇs
ɴɪɴᴇ ʙ | ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪssᴜᴇs
ᴛᴇɴ | ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ | ɪ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ | ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴀɴ ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ
ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴀ sʜᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ
ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢᴏɴ (1)
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢᴏɴ (2)
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢᴏɴ (3)
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇs
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴛʏ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ (1)
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ | ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴛʏ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ (2)
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ
ANNOUNCEMENT. (I GOT ENGAGEDD!!)

ғᴏᴜʀ | ᴛʜᴇ sᴇɴᴀᴛᴏʀ's ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ

554 204 76
By vilalove09

~You're just like me, you're out of your mind~

⊱𝙳𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝙻𝙰𝚄𝚁𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙰 𝙵𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙰⊰

~~•~~

"The world doesn't revolve around you Dami. Why is everyone making it seem like it is?"

The way she looked at me like I was the most repulsive thing in the entire universe.

Why?

"I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask to be this way, so why are you acting like this is all my fault?"

"Because it is Dami! It's your fault!"  She screamed, really loud, the anger and hate in her eyes speaking volumes.

Shock kept my feet glued to the spot where I stood in her room.

"Damilare! You and your sister should get down here this minute!"

She tore her eyes away from me and at the door behind me. I had to turn back to see if there was someone there because it seemed like the door had offended her more than my existence did.

"I have a name, Dad. I have a name." She said through clenched teeth, then got down from her bed and stormed out of the room, roughly brushing my arm in the process.

I was devastated.

...........

"And what in Kanye West's name are you brooding about?"

He did not just say that.

The lanky boy seated beside me asked, bringing me out of one of my sad trips down memory lane.

Sitting in the school's park during break, away from every single soul and taking those sad trips had become a routine during times like these. Times I wished to be left alone, times I wished I could just crawl up in a corner and die.

"Nothing. And what are you doing here?" I asked back, and he just shrugged with a smile. Now that made me suspicious of him, and I arched one of my brows.

"Are you by chance stalking me? Because it seems like it."

"Maybe." He turned his head to face me, still with that smile. "Does it look like I am?"

Who would not be charmed by the cheerful and child-like aura of Kainye DaCosta aka Kanye? Don't misquote me, others would be charmed, but I wouldn't. It seemed so weird to me. He always had a twinkle in his eyes and a smile always plastered on his face like everything was right with the world.

That child-like innocence.

He was too free.

And I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I rolled my eyes at him and fixed my gaze back on...nothing in particular.

It's your fault.

"Leave me alone, Kanye." I sighed.

"But I just got here!" He whined like a little child and I could swear that he had done that silly pout before speaking.

"Seriously, fuck off." I nudged him hard this time and he winced. His presence was starting to get irritating.

"Just leave her be, K." Oma's monotone voice came up behind us. We simultaneously turned to her.

"Sister!" He called out grinning from ear to ear.

Ugh!

The DaCosta twins are of the opposite gender, but still shared looks like identical twins ought to. Oma gave off this minx, bad girl vibe, and could sometimes be as cold as fuck. But her twin was the exact opposite.

I was looking at him and his eyes were lit up with so much excitement, while Oma looked so indifferent, like she was tired of him.

"Stop that bullcrap, Kanye. Seriously." She gave him a dead-ass serious look, but Kanye only laughed it off.

"I get the hint that it's girl bonding time, but don't forget we're ditching today." He winked at Oma who winked back in response.

Did I forget to add one thing they had in common aside from looks?

Being total rebels.

"I'll catch up with you later, Damz." I rolled my eyes at the stupid name, as he bumped fists with Oma's and ran off.

"Stop running you, dimwit!" Oma yelled at him and groaned loudly. "I'm not in the mood for any emergency today." She muttered.

"How do you cope?"

"What?" She asked. I could feel her gaze on me as I allowed my eyes to wander anywhere and everywhere.

"How do you cope with the reality of your brother taking all the attention? How does it feel?"

"Well, Kanye's condition is very critical, and my parents made sure I was aware of that. Even as a little child, I was aware that if anything should happen to him, I would lose him."

But he didn't make sure she was aware of that.

"Did you ever get jealous or feel left out?"

"Yes. There were days when I got extremely jealous and felt like he was their favourite child. But then, I remember that if he wasn't given that proper and close attention, things could go wrong."

"Wow. Who knew Oma had some sense like this?"

We turned our heads back at the sound of the voice to see Zina standing with her arms around her books, hugging them close to her chest, like she was protecting something precious and worth more than diamonds.

"Fuck you." Oma simply said and looked away from the petite girl who just chuckled, walked around and forced herself to sit in between me and Oma.

"What is up, Dami?" She placed her books on her thighs.

"The sky," I replied dryly.

"Isn't it obvious?" She smiled at me.

"Hugo has been searching for you," Oma spoke up after furiously tapping her phone screen for some seconds.

A confused look was etched on Zina's face as she placed a hand on her chest. "Me? Why?"

Oma rolled her eyes at her. "Figure it out yourself Einstein." Then she averted her gaze from Zina to the open space in front of us.

"And speaking of the devil."

There was Hugo, sprinting towards us with a brown file in his hand and a smile on his face.

What is with everyone and smiling today?

"Hola senoritas." He waved at us, then faced Zina. "Just the girl I've been searching for."

"Me?" She asked again, which had me almost smacking her small head.

"Yes, you. Maths marathon is this weekend."

"Ewee!" She exclaimed. "Can you believe I almost forgot about that?"

"I can. We're all humans and we're bound to forget things. Now let's go before Mr Kunle grants his wife's request to have my head on a plate."

"His what?" She seemed confused as Hugo grabbed her hand.

"See you two later." And with that, he pulled her away. I watched their retreating figures as Hugo kept on making hand gestures and kept on glancing at Zina at intervals like he was explaining something to her.

I looked away from them as a wave of fatigue hit me. I suddenly felt like locking myself up in my room, crawling into my bed and staying there for the rest of my life.

Everything sucks.

"God, Oma. I'm so tired." I moaned as I ran my hands through my thick cornrows.

"Tired? What did you do that made you tired?"

Of course, she wouldn't understand.

I sighed.

"Never mind. Can you please tell coach Tare that I wouldn't be present for swimming practice today?"

"Okay. I'm going to watch Idera's track practice  later today, so if I'm not chanced, I will." She answered, not taking her eyes off her phone.

"I hate this Jude guy." She said almost immediately.

I scooted closer so I could see what she was talking about. It was a picture of Jude Osasogie. Let me rephrase that. A hot picture of a shirtless Jude Osasogie.

He was shirtless in almost all his pictures, so it wasn't a new thing. Instead, it made girls drool and go crazy over him. Everything about him screamed your typical bad boy and heartbreaker. From his ripped muscles to the tattoos splayed all over his body, let's not leave out his perfect and complete six-packs.

Perfect and complete. 

Then there's that V line leading down to wherever V lines usually lead to.

This particular picture was a mirror selfie, and he was shirtless, as usual. But this one was different because he had two arms wrapped around his torso.

Feminine hands.

Jude has a girlfriend, and it's no news. The only thing is that no one has ever seen her face before. No one even knows what she looks like. Except for him of course.

The only pictures of her he uploads, are the ones of her hands or her silhouettes, which I think are kind of cute.

The caption of this post read: "How do you apologise to someone special who you wronged😪💔"

Oma tapped on the comment section and different comments poured out. Some sympathised, some advised on how he should appease her, while others threw shade.

Nigerians will always be Nigerians.

"Who even cares?" Oma scoffed. "Whatever he did, I pray she doesn't forgive him for it."

I nudged her.

"Stop being mean."

A loud beep echoed throughout the entire school which got the attention of every student. Hearts were either filled with dread or joy at the sound of this beep because the next voice after it would determine the fate of the students.

"THIS IS FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE. LAURETE DAMILARE AYODEJI REPORT THERE NOW."

My heart thudded in my chest. The inevitable feeling of dread washed over me.

Trouble had found me.

~•~•~

So it was just my mind playing tricks on me like it always has.

Or am I really in trouble?

Seated in the principal's office were Sindara with her arm in a cast and her visibly livid parents. I looked at her face, and I could still see the faint outline of my fingers on her cheek which I was certain would remain there for a few more days.

The left corner of my mouth turned up slightly.

Despite her albinism, I could see the resemblance between her and her angry bird of a mother. It was so obvious and hard to miss. Well if one was very observant, they'd notice it.

"Is this the possessed girl who almost killed my daughter??" The woman pointed her finger at me, and I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she was being. That seemed to be my favourite way of reacting to things lately.

But kill?

"It was just a push. I didn't 'almost' kill your daughter."

She slammed her hands on the table, causing everyone in the room to flinch. I didn't move a muscle.

"She even has the guts to speak back!" Her veins were almost popping out of her neck and forehead. A sight so hilarious that laughter almost escaped me.

But as soon as the door was opened and he stepped in, my mood changed in an instant. And so did the atmosphere. I don't know if others did, but I felt it.

That intimidating aura made one cower back in fear. He exuded so much power that it was almost toxic to those around him.

It had always been this way with him, and even as much as I hate to admit it or even think of it, deep down, I feared him.

The principal got up immediately and bowed his head as he greeted him.

"Welcome, Senator. Please have a seat." He gestured to the empty seat beside me which one of the bodyguards pulled out for him to sit.

"Thank you." He said, and that was the cue for the principal to return to his seat.

"I'm sure you all are aware of the reason we are here."

Yeah. The broken doll in our midst is the reason why.

"A student was rushed into the infirmary two days ago with a broken arm and a bruised face."

Bruised face?

I scoffed.

Mr Johnson shot me a warning glare and continued.

"And from our investigation, there was a little disagreement between a classmate and the victim. Damilare here didn't have any right interfering in their business, and she pushed the girl, breaking her arm in the process."

Oh, I had every right to. Every damn right to.

"She was about to hit Oma. I had to do something." I muttered.

"Damilare," My father's stern voice shut me up, so I leaned back into my chair and waited for the act to all be over.

"Isn't it obvious? She lacks home training. Speaking back to her elders." Sindara's mother began again.

Then I felt a hand on mine, squeezing gently and rubbing slowly. If I had to interpret that action, it would mean you're not in trouble. I'll handle it as I've always done.

Well, who am I to object?

I relaxed.

"Here is a cheque." My father placed a piece of paper handed to him by the bodyguard on the table and pushed it towards the Kings. "For the treatment of the girl."

"That is all? You're not going to punish her for what she did?" Mrs King slowly got up with disbelief written all over her face.

Then she finally blew up. But not in English.

In another language which I recognize to be Yoruba, but not the regular kind. This one was way too strong, and I could only pray that she wasn't laying any scary curses on me and my dad.

"You are the reason why this country is so messed up and corrupt! Did we tell you that we can't afford treatment for our daughter?? We have more than enough money to treat her! We don't need your blood money, you filthy senator!"  She pulled her daughter up by her functioning arm, then walked out angrily, leaving her husband seated.

The man hadn't uttered a single word throughout. His gaze was solely fixed on my father in a way that did not sit well with me at all. I looked at my father, and he did not seem to be backing down from the mini-staring contest.

Suddenly, his lips curved up into a smile. A smile that was anything but good. A smile that got me a bit scared for Sindara's father because I knew what Senator Muyiwa Ayodeji could do.

I expected the man to cower back in fear, but he didn't, and neither did his gaze falter for a second. Instead, he scoffed loudly, shook his head, got up from his seat and walked out of the office.

What in the world was that?

"I'm very sorry senator. This won't happen again." The principal continuously bowed his head as he apologised.

"It's okay."

I was used to this gig. My father is a politician, and he handled every single thing in his life like his politics. Even his own home. It sucks most times.

Damilare Ayodeji could never get into trouble. No, let me rephrase that. Damilare Ayodeji always got into trouble, but always had a Saviour to cover everything up and make it seem like it never happened.

The office had been engulfed in silence for more than a minute. Only the ticking of the clock and the sound of water dripping from the faucet, which somehow got me uncomfortable.

"Mr Kingsley," He finally broke the silence.

"Sir."

"You are well aware of my daughter's condition."

Ugh. Not this again.

"Yes sir."

My dear father never failed to use this as leverage against so many people who had always complained about me or my behaviour.

"You are aware of my daughter's condition,"

"This can affect my daughter,"

"You should be aware of the reason why my daughter behaves this way."

Irritated is an understatement of how I feel each time he does that. It always worked in saving my ass, but it also made me feel like I was one of those mentally unstable persons.

"You should know by now that these things tend to happen. I won't have you giving her a punishment that will further affect her mental health."

I practically hissed at his use of that word.

Mental health. Like I'm a psycho or something.

"I am more than capable of handling my daughter, and she knows that. If those people won't take the money, then no problem. Whatever you do, make sure my daughter doesn't get affected."

The principal nodded and got up quickly as my father stood to his feet. I followed suit.

"Treating bipolar disorder isn't child's play Mr Kingsley. Nothing must happen to Damilare."

"Yes sir." Mr Kingsley answered again. I couldn't count the amount of yes sirs the principal had uttered since my father stepped foot into this office.

It made me wonder how many more parents he would have to say this to because I know full well that I'm not the only student born to influential parents in the entire Laurel College.

There's the one-time President's granddaughter, the bastardly-rich Richard Kalu and his wife Carmen Kalu who birthed an obnoxious son. Oma and Kainye's father, Sienna's hot model mum, and Umar's father who is a politician like mine. And there's this Ss1 girl whose father is an aide to the president.

The list goes on and on.

Idera used to be in this category, well until tragedy struck. Her super hot model mum passed away, and she was left with a father who would rather have his daughter dealt with for her crimes instead of saving her ass.

Harsh much?

"You're coming home with me." His words rather than his stern tone brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him properly. Maybe I didn't hear well.

"Sir?"

How in the world could he just tell me to come home with him when he knows that school is still in session?

Oh, right.

He's Senator Ayodeji, and he can as well do anything.

"I still have classes," I told him, just in case he had somehow forgotten. But he outright ignored me and began walking to the door.

"Guide her to the car." He said to his hefty bodyguards who had just opened the door for him.

"Yes sir."

───────•••───────

Anywaaysssss, feedback guys! Questions and theories. I want them all!!😈

The second half of this chapter is coming soon.

🙂

Anywaysss...

I need strength to keep editing 14 days, cause there's a lot of crazy drama for you guysss😩 so pray for me🤧

Corrections and constructive criticisms are welcome. We grow by building each other. Abi how dem dey take talk am?🤔

On a scale of 1 to 10, how was this chapter?

Vote, vote, vote. Tap on the orange star below before you leave😗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 55.7K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...
36.4K 5K 26
Published on the 12th of November, 2018. What the fuck! Can't you watch where you're going?? You almost injured me!" I said dusting my skirt and tryi...
78.2K 11.5K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
5.3K 715 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...