The Bad Boys Exception

By JadeGreen16

She was a good girl. She was polite. She was humble. She was extremely beautiful. She studied hard. She didn'... More

E X C E R P T
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 61 - part 2
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
!!!!NOT AN UPDATE!!!!
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Epilogue
New Story!!
New Story Is Up
I'm asking for some help please
Facebook/insta group

Chapter 48

11K 277 126
By JadeGreen16

As soon as the bus begins to move, the excitement really settles in. I was going on a 4-day snorkeling trip with my best friend and the guy I liked with no distractions and nothing to ruin it. At least I hoped not.

I laugh as Toby goes on about the things we were going to get up to on the trip but notice Aiden being very silent beside me. I turn to Aiden and nudge him, he quickly looks up at me.

"Are you okay?" I whisper so only he can hear.

He nods hesitantly before he catches my eye; "can I ask you something and you promise not to get mad and answer truthfully?"

I look at him curiously but nod instantly.

"Are you and Dale together?" Aiden asks, something about his tone seems sad and it gives me the smallest glimmer of hope but it's probably just wishful thinking.

"No," I answer quickly, wondering why he thought I'd be mad at that question.

"Well do you like him?" Aiden pushes.

"No, I promise I don't. He's nothing but my best friend. Besides, I'm not really his type," I reply, trying to convince him that I was available and wanted to be with him only.

"You keep saying you're not his type and I can't figure out why," Aiden smiles, visibly a lot happier than earlier. I laugh at his comment.

"He into blondes or something?" Aiden jokes.

"Something like that," I laugh back.

"Did you guys here that we are only 1 of 3 schools going on the trip?!" Charlie says excitedly, successfully breaking us away from our present conversation. Something tells me Charlie heard parts of it and purposely changed the subject and I was forever grateful for it, "Maybe I can find a hot guy for Em," she finishes grinning.

"The only guys you ladies need in your life is me," Blake grins charmingly.

"What about me?! Mills would totally be lost without me!!" Toby interjects.

"I have to agree," I joke. Toby obviously doesn't register the joke in my voice and looks at Blake triumphantly. I can't help but laugh.

"Mills you have to help me find Carter a girlfriend. He's getting too clingy," Toby grins.

"Hey!!" Carter laughs.

"I promise I'll do my best!!" I laugh, Carter smiles at me.

"I'm keen to meet all the girls from the other schools," Aiden smirks from beside me. My heart sinks. I can't believe I thought for even a second that my feelings would be returned. I notice Charlie throw me a sympathetic look when no one is watching and I smile at her as best I can. I had to get used to the idea of Aiden with other girls, I was his friend and it seemed like that's all I would ever be.

Toby rolls his eyes at Aiden's comment and it cheers me up a little, he was getting annoyed by all Aidens one night stands as well.

Suddenly a new feeling sparks inside of me and I look at Charlie confidently; "You know Charlie, maybe I will find a hot guy, football players always kind of did it for me."

I regret the words as soon as an unfamiliar emotion flashes through Aiden's eyes, I look at Toby only to see a similar look in his. Charlie is smiling smugly at my comment, knowing I was only really getting back at Aiden's comment and I feel a little better again.

"Mills I forbid you to go for anyone from another school," Toby jokes, but something about the almost unrecognizable small smile on Aiden's face tells me it wasn't just a joke.

"Why?! You were going to find a girlfriend for Carter from another school," I question, only half-joking.

"Yeah well I like you better than I like him," Toby replies like it's obvious, I can't help but laugh at Carter's expression.

"No problem at all, it's not like I've been friends with you for over 5 years or anything," Carter jokes.

I smile at him, he always took any teasing so well and I really admired that about him.

"What about me? You think maybe I can live out my threesome fantasy?" Blake questions seriously.

I burst out laughing at the seriousness in his tone, but to be quite honest I'm actually surprised that THE Blake Jones hasn't ever had a threesome.

"Don't worry Blake, if you get the chance I'll make sure to ruin it," Charlie jokes.

"It's okay babe, if it means so much to you then you can be 1 of the 3, the offers there though as well Em," Blake grins back. I knew he was joking and even though the comment is quite objectifying and I hate it, I still find his confidence funny.

"Really Blake? Now I'll definitely ruin your chances," Charlie grins. I nod my head agreeing with her and Blake pouts at Aiden; "tell me again what it was like Aiden."

I turn to look at Aiden. My heart sinks again and I wish more than anything that the fact he had a threesome surprised me. Of course he would have a threesome, the only person that's a bigger player than 'the Blake Jones,' is 'the Aiden Black.'

"Eh, could have been better," Aiden shrugs nonchalantly. I bite my tongue to hold back any emotion and see Toby look at me suspiciously.

"Respect man." Blake stares at Aiden with admiration.

"You guys disgust me," Charlie comments, once again only half-joking.

"Just ignore them Charlie, I do," Carter smiles sweetly.

Charlie grins at Carter.

"Are we nearly there?" Toby whines from beside Charlie.

"Tobes, we haven't even been driving for an hour," I laugh. It was true though, we had been driving for exactly 49 minutes.

"This sucks!! I just want to set up camp and then go swimming!!" Toby groans.

We all laugh at him, this could be a long trip.

***

After exactly 2 hours and 56 minutes, we finally arrive at the destination so we can catch the ferry across the island. There was already about 40 or so kids around my age waiting and I assumed that they were at least one of the other 2 schools joining us on our trip. The bus ride ended up being fine, Aiden and I didn't really talk directly to each other a lot because the group was always talking. I would have liked to talk to him more but I was still a little hurt from his comments earlier about all the girls he plans to or has fucked.

I knew I had no right to be upset because as he's made it very clear, we're not dating, but I really liked him and hearing him talk like that hurt a lot more than I care to admit.

When I see the beautiful calm bay and the large ferry docked there, a new sense of excitement fills me. It was really happening!! We get our bags out of the designated spots and almost instantly, our bus leaves as another turns up. For some reason the bus looks familiar but I know I have to be crazy, all school busses looked the same, in California anyways.

"Em, someone likes you," Charlie giggles nudging me and then nodding towards a very attractive boy from the other school that was here. Although he was incredibly attractive, he didn't seem to use it to his advantage the way that Aiden and Blake had. That thought alone was the only reason I smiled at him charmingly. Maybe I could forget about Aiden.

I couldn't deny that the guy that Charlie had pointed out was exceedingly attractive, it seemed the more I looked, the more attractive he got. He had dark skin and very short, almost shaved hair, probably so it wasn't the afro that I was so jealous of. He had some stubble and although I usually hated any sort of facial hair, I couldn't deny that it worked for him.

Micheal B Jordan as James

"Em," Charlie whispers in my ear in an urgent tone. I quickly look away from the attractive male and turn to her panicked look.

"What?" I whisper back, worry setting in my stomach at her tone.

"It's Justin, over there," Charlie whispers back, using the same urgent tone.

"What?" I reply dumbly, my heart pounding erratically. I quickly turn around and sure enough, there is Justin with his best friend Mason. He hadn't seen me yet but had developed since the last time I saw him. He had always been extremely attractive but he changed. He had the same wavey blonde hair and blue eyes with freckles I had always been jealous of but he seemed a little taller and to have put on some muscle. He looked good.

Froy Gutierrez as Justin

Justin was my ex-boyfriend from Ridgewater High. I had lost my virginity to him when I was 16 but had broken up with him when I left. He had always been more invested in the relationship than I had been. Although we had broken up, we had stayed super close. We still talked a fair bit but admittedly not as much recently. Both Charlie and Luke had met Justin and Charlie had always liked him. Luke - not so much.

Before I realize what I'm doing, I find myself running towards him. He quickly notices and a look of recognition passes his familiar features. He beams at me and opens his arms wide so I can jump in them.

As soon as he puts me down he looks at me in amazement; "Emmy? What are you doing here?!"

"I'm here with my new school for the field trip," I reply grinning.

"Me too!!" Justin beams back.

"Hey Em," Mason smiles from beside Justin.

"Mason!!" I enthuse, hugging him tightly. I had always gotten along really well with Mason. He had a twin sister named Victoria that was probably my best friend at Ridgewater High. I wasn't surprised though when I didn't see her here, she detested anything science.

"How's Vic?" I ask grinning.

"She's really good, her and Noah are finally dating," Mason laughs.

"Really?! I didn't even see that on social media," I pout, feeling guilty that I hadn't kept up with my best friend from Ridgewater.

"It only happened like a month ago, it's still very new," Mason explains. I feel a little less guilty.

"I'm not surprised, neither of them was ever going to admit their feelings, how'd it happen?" I ask, desperate to know more about how Vic was.

"They were drunk and slept together," Justin shrugs.

I laugh at him; "typical Vic."

Mason laughs as well.

"Come and see Charlie and my new friends!!" I suggest, smiling at Mason and Justin.

They follow willingly and both hug Charlie when we approach her.

"Charles," Justin grins.

"Justine," Charlie grins back. I laugh at my ex-boyfriend and best friend. They had always called each other Justine and Charles just to annoy each other and it soon became very natural.

"These are my new friends, this is Carter, Toby, Blake and Aiden," I smile.

Carter smiles at Justin and they shake hands, Toby and Blake follow his lead. Justin puts his hand out for Aiden to shake but Aiden just raises his eyebrows and ignores Justins awaiting hand. Justin retracts his hand awkwardly and I notice Charlie stifle a laugh.

Before anyone can say anything, the dark-skinned boy from earlier taps me on the shoulder, I turn around in surprise.

"Hey?" I question awkwardly, everyone watches me.

"Hey, I'm James, I just thought I'd introduce myself to you," James smiles politely, I smile back.

"Emily, but call me Em," I reply.

"We should talk later," James grins.

"Sure," I reply. I had to admit, being wanted by an extremely attractive and seemingly nice boy made me feel a little giddy.

James walks away after flashing me one last look.

"I definitely don't miss that," Justin chuckles.

"Miss what?" I question curiously.

"All the male attention you received, it's like they were blind to my hand around your waist or something," Justin jokes. I laugh with him, talking about our past relationship was never awkward and I really loved that about Justin and me.

"You and Mills dated?" Toby questions.

Justin looks confused for a second but then realizes that Mills was me; "yeah from when we were almost 16 to when she left."

I look at Aiden and I see him putting all the pieces together. He knew I lost my virginity to my boyfriend when I was 16 and I could see him putting it all together. As soon as a look of realization passes through his beautiful eyes my face automatically heats up. The guy I liked knew that the guy he just met was the guy I lost my virginity to.

"You good Emmy?" Justin asks, putting his hand on my back.

"Yeah, it's just really hot," I lie easily. Everyone but Aiden believes my words but by the way Aiden's usually warm eyes suddenly turn cold I know that my blush just confirmed his thoughts; Justin was indeed the guy that took my virginity. I suddenly feel extremely guilty and I don't understand why.

"Okay students, now everyone is here I would like you all to make your way to the ferry and sit in the designated areas for your school." A man yells into a megaphone.

"I'll catch up with you on the Island?" Justin asks. I nod, hugging him and Mason before they make their way to the rest of my old school.

__________

DUN DUN DUN......

I know this chapter is shorter than the usual ones (by at least 1000 words) but I had to leave it here, it just seemed like the perfect place!!

Wanna know an author's secret? I had not planned for Justin to be on the trip at all, the idea literally came into my head when I was halfway through writing this chapter. I had always intentioned for Justin to come back into the story but I planned that for an event that takes place just after the snorkeling trip!! You'll see ;))

A good girl, her possessive bad-boy crush, and her ex-boyfriend that isn't fully over her yet. Throw in another attractive guy that also wants the good girl and the mean girl that hates the good girl because she feels like she stole the bad boy from her. It's definitely going to be an interesting trip though if you know what I mean...

What is this? A love...rhombicosidodecahedron?

This is gonna be fun.

Don't forget to vote!!

- Jade xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7M 224K 48
Lexi is finishing up high school and needs extra money for the trip of her dreams and what better job is there than babysitting? What happens when sh...
173K 6.8K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
12.9K 346 17
That night I watched him sleeping Our bodies deep in steam And then he started speaking A murmur that sounds like a name And the murmur was Ember Yes...
311K 8.2K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.