Hearts on Thin Ice || Hawks x...

FairyofCurses tarafından

After a patrol gone horribly wrong, (Y/N) Todoroki now finds herself working as a sidekick for the current nu... Daha Fazla

❄Ch. 1: Frostbite❄
❄Ch. 2: Hawks❄
❄Ch. 3: No More Chances❄
❄Ch. 4: Feathers and Fashion❄
❄Ch. 5: Just Getting Started❄
❄Ch. 6: Stay Frosty Iced Coffee❄
❄Ch. 7: Here We Go Again❄
❄Ch. 8: A Flame from the Past❄
❄Ch. 9: It's Just a Little Crush❄
❄Ch. 10: A Night to Remember❄
❄Ch. 11: Oh Brother❄
❄Ch. 12: The Family Dinner from Hell❄
❄Ch. 13: A Romantic Rival?❄
❄Ch. 14: Night Owls❄
❄Ch. 15: The Secret's Out❄
❄Ch. 16: Hush❄
❄Ch. 17: Stitches Part I❄
❄Ch. 18: Stitches Part II❄
❄Ch. 20: Ice-Cold Karma❄
❄Ch. 21: Three's a Crowd❄
❄Ch. 22: Revisiting the Nightmare❄
❄Ch. 23: So Close Yet So Far❄
❄Ch. 24: Mother Knows Best❄
❄Ch. 25: From the Shadows❄
❄Ch. 26: Snow Dance❄
❄Ch. 27: Frozen Inferno❄
❄Ch. 28: Blue is the Saddest Color❄
❄Ch. 29: Life Goes On❄
❄Final Chapter: Blue Skies❄

❄Ch. 19: Birthday Blues❄

1.5K 49 23
FairyofCurses tarafından

~Character Info~

Quirk: Winter's Breath

Hero Name: Frostbite

Hero Costume: long white sleeve shirt, blue shorts, long blue sleeveless coat w/ white fur that reaches a bit past the hips, and white knee-high boots w/ short heels

Occupation: Pro Hero/Sidekick

Affiliation: Hawks' Agency

Age: 21

Height: 5'2"

Hair: Shoulder-length and white w/ bangs (R.I.P. long hair ;-;)

Eye Color: Turquoise

Likes: Iced Coffee, Ice Cream

Dislikes: the heat

Fears: Heights

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Slices of (Y/N)'s favorite cake were being passed around the dinner table after her family had finished the birthday meal Fuyumi had prepared for her. She tried to focus on enjoying her food and cake but the absence of a certain individual in the room upset her. This was supposed to be a special day and she had wanted Keigo to be a part of it. Even if the events that transpired at the old warehouse hadn't happened, she knew he wouldn't be there now since she had taken his heart and split it in two. Her disappointment didn't go unnoticed by her siblings who tried to cheer her up. All they knew was that the blonde was in the hospital at the moment but she didn't go into any detail since they'd only end up worrying about her safety. Lying about how she had gotten her stitches had already been hard enough.

"He's late," Natsuo complained as he dug his fork into his piece of cake. "He shouldn't be missing something as important as this."

"It's fine Natsuo. Shouldn't we be used to it by now?" (Y/N) brushed off his comment, having barely touched her dessert. "It isn't a big deal anyway. I'm just another year older."

Probably wouldn't have lived to turn 21 if it weren't for Touya though...

"Of course it's a big deal!" he argued back.

"How about we all just relax and enjoy the cake?" Fuyumi cut in before her two younger siblings could start arguing with each other. "It's (Y/N)'s special day after all. I'm sure dad will be here soon."

Better change the subject and fast.

"Shoto, so how was it like getting to train under your big sister for the day?" (Y/N) asked as she turned her attention to the youngest of the family. "You guys did an amazing job helping me round up that gang of villains."

"I had fun, it was a nice change of pace getting to see your quirk in action after so long," Shoto responded with a smile before sliding his fork into his mouth.

"I'm glad," she smiled back at the boy as she pushed her piece of cake to the side. "Though I could have done without Bakugou's constant shouting."

"Well now that Hero Work-Studies is over with, we'll be back at the U.A. dorms tomorrow," he added as he finished up his dessert.

"Same here, it'll be back to college for me," Natsuo sighed, jumping into their conversation. "The classes I'm taking this semester are super tough."

"At least you don't have to teach class," Fuyumi laughed as she began stacking the empty plates onto each other. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask but why the new haircut (Y/N)? You've always preferred it long."

"Oh yeah, I've been wanting to know too," Natsuo commented, pointing to her much shorter hairdo.

Again with my hair. Well, there's no way I'm gonna tell them what really happened. They'd just freak out even more.

"Well I don't know, I guess I just figured it was time for a change," (Y/N) lied as she got up from the table with her unfinished piece of cake.

Ten minutes later after the table had been picked up, (Y/N) stood in the hallway with her older sister as she got ready to head back to her apartment. Fuyumi had wanted her to stay over for the night but she declined, deciding it would be better if she were left alone right now. She then tucked the video game her brothers had gifted her along with the new pair of earrings her sister had gotten her into her bag, adjusting the strap over her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Hawks couldn't be here tonight," Fuyumi frowned as she placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure he'll recover soon though."

"Yeah..." (Y/N) replied, appreciating her sister's reassurance as she tried to muster up a smile.

"Hey (Y/N) do you need me to walk you home?" Natsuo asked her as he approached his two older sisters from the dining room.

"I'm good Natsuo, thanks," she answered back.

Before (Y/N) could make her exit though, the wooden door slid open, revealing their father who held a bouquet of flowers in one hand. He then removed his shoes and placed them by the entrance with his free hand before walking up to her.

"Oh..." Natsuo mumbled as he began walking back inside the dining room. "Look who finally decided to show up."

"Happy Birthday (Y/N)," Enji told her as he offered her the mixed roses which consisted of red, yellow, orange, white, and pink ones.

"...thank you," she expressed her gratitude, a bit surprised as she took the floral arrangement from his hand.

"And here," he said, handing her a small wrapped box. "Hawks asked me to give this to you."

So that's why he was late. I sure didn't expect this.

"Dad, I saved you some food," Fuyumi spoke up as she headed back to the kitchen. "I'll go warm it up!"

(Y/N) waited until her sister was out of earshot before she said anything again.

"Wait," she uttered out, blocking her father's path as she stepped in front of him. "Whatever you do, don't tell them what exactly happened okay?"

He nodded in agreement before walking past her towards the dining room to eat, leaving her to see herself off alone.

Whatever, it's not like I plan on staying here any longer anyway.

"Alright well, I'm heading out now, thanks for everything!" she announced to her family before walking out the front door and making her way down the stone path towards the street.

Once (Y/N) was back home all she could focus on was the small wrapped box that sat before her on the kitchen counter. Her cat watched her from his spot where he lay on the couch as she contemplated whether to open the gift or not. She was dying of curiosity.

Of course he'd do this. Even after I go and break his heart he still has to buy me a birthday present. I sure as hell don't deserve one. I probably shouldn't open it but... ugh who cares anymore.

(Y/N) then proceeded to tear off the wrapping paper and opened the small box to reveal a white gold pendant in the shape of a snowflake. The diamond at its center glistened in the kitchen light as she examined it further, admiring the piece of jewelry whose rope chain dangled off her fingers.

It's gorgeous...

Before she could continue gushing over the pendant even more, a loud knock at her window startled her and Nero, causing the feline to scamper off again to hide. She quickly put the piece of jewelry away, sliding the box to the back of the kitchen counter as Touya lifted the window open and stepped inside.

He's back...

Suddenly overwhelmed with a swirl of emotions at the sight of her brother, (Y/N) rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around the dark blue-clad male. His turquoise eyes widened a bit in surprise at the unexpected embrace but returned the hug anyway as the tears she had been holding back all day began to fall.

"I'm so sorry but they know... t-there was nothing I could do-I," her words came out in a mess as she tried to explain to him the situation she was in. "He had a-"

"Slow down (Y/N), I can't understand a thing you're saying," he interrupted, shaking her a bit so he could get her to stop.

After she had time to calm down, (Y/N) described her predicament to her brother as the two siblings sat in the living room. Touya had remained oddly quiet throughout her entire explanation, the expression on his face getting more and more enraged as she went on. As soon as she was done, he immediately got up from his spot on the couch.

"C'mon," he motioned to her, extending a hand out so she could get off of the couch.

"Huh?" she questioned as she took his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet. "Where are we going?"

"Where else?!" he snapped loudly as he approached her front door. "Give me the guy's apartment number."

"Why would I do that?" she began to protest, knowing where this was headed.

"So I can kick this guy's ass," he responded furiously, turning around to face her so she could see the intense glare in his eyes. "Consider it your birthday gift."

Uh oh, this is gonna get ugly fast...

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

A/N: One word: REVENGE. I would have liked to include characters like Midoriya and Bakugou more but I want this story to focus on (Y/N)'s relationship with Hawks and the Todoroki family. Also, the necklace at the top is Hawks' gift to (Y/N) which is supposed to connect back to how he calls her Frosty, not necessarily her quirk. I was happy to finally get to go to Barnes & Noble yesterday. Picked up the lastest volumes of Attack on Titan and One Punch Man as well as the Jurassic Park novels which I'm really excited to read once the semester ends. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter, take care! ^~^

10/12/20

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.6K 82 15
*Short Story; Relationship With Hawks* You've been captured by the League Of Villains. Will Hawks be able to save you ?
43.5K 797 35
Started: 19/10/2020 - Now Complete Enjoy the beautiful journey of getting to see Hawks get his ass together for you and your beautiful kids.
567K 22.6K 123
❛ 𝙍𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙚.❜ (y/n) lost all of her memories and only Katsuki and other people who are close to you can only remember her. It is up to Ka...
43K 1.5K 87
Hiroko Kira, despite her morally gray outlook on life, decided to follow in the steps of her best friend and lover Keigo to become a pro hero, but af...