The Don

By shawdss

Read to find out how Kiara Dawnes goes from a waitress in Los Angeles to the Queen of an empire and what her... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
PSA🗣🗣
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
71
New Story Alert🚨
Announcement 🚨
BIG THANKS
New Sequel? Spoiler Alert🚨
Blood War🩸

11

17.7K 372 24
By shawdss

Please vote & comment guys

Kiara

"Well you look better" I turned around so quick only to be met with Marcellous.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Easy there, didn't mean to startle you. I was just checking in--"

"For your brother? Well you can assure him that I am still very much here. Not like I can find a way out of here." I mumbled the last part.

"Non sei certo come gli altri"
(You are certainly not like the others)

"Excuse me?"

"I said I could see why my brother took an interest in you." Oh brother.. I couldn't but roll my eyes at that dumbass comment.

"Davvero spunky. Gli sono sempre piaciute le sfide"
(Really spunky . He has always liked challenges)

"If you're going to sit in here the least you could do is speak fluent english. It's disrespectful speaking italian in my presence." I spat.

"It's disrespectful to speak my native language ?" He chuckled like something was funny.

"Considering that I don't understand a word you're saying, yes it is."

"Then why don't you try to understand?"

"No need to." I simply said. I know I asked Dario to teach me not too long ago but after that ass beating he gave me recently I'm more than determined to find a way out of here sooner rather than later. No need to try to get comfortable.

"Kiara.. my brother will not let you go and you will not find a way out of here so whatever is floating around in that pretty little head of yours, you can forget it. "

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"The only reason you would find it unnecessary to learn the language is if you don't plan on staying here long. I am reminding you that is beyond your control. This arrangement is without a doubt long-term unless you end up in a casket if you're given that luxury." He so cooly said.

"I don't mean to upset you but I also am not one to "sugar-coat" as you Americans like to say. There's no need for me to lie to you, I am not interested in your feelings." He added.

"All of you are lunatics.. " I uttered quickly wiping away the stray tear. This is ridiculous--shameful how often I cry since I started staying here.

"I won't deny that but I guarantee you I am the furthest from the worst lunatic. I am helping you out if anything. Take my advice and just accept things for what they are."

"I will never accept this !" I shouted.

"Then be prepared to stay in hiding more often weeks to come letting your bruises heal up. It will only get worse from here on out if that is your mentality." He said standing up.

"Non essere un'idiota Kiara. Take my foolish advice." He said before exiting the room.
(Don't be an idiot)

"Are you sure you are alright hun?"

"Yes Ms.Jackie, after that good meal I think I'll be catching some zee's soon."

"Some what?"

"Meaning I'll be going to sleep soon." I explained.

"Oh okay deary, well I'll see you later. Do have a good night. "

"Thanks you too" I waved as she left the room.

----------------------------------
"I got it. We're going to do our nails!"

"No thanks"

"Come on Kiara I'm trying here. I feel bad for what my brother did to you and I don't like seeing you sulk like this so a good girls day will do you good. Trust me it will be fun!"

"I don't know..I'm not even allowed to go outside without a body guard. I'm a damn prisoner in this place. Dario definitely wouldn't want me leaving the mansion."

"Okay so my brother won't find out" she shrugged. Is she.. okay in the head ?

"Are you crazy Camila !? I'm not about to sneak out of this damn house "

"Come on Kiara. We won't get caught trust me. There's a very slim chance when I'm involved and IF we do get caught-

"Then I'll be the one getting my ass beat not you!" I spat. She looked taken aback by my tone but I didn't care. She knows how her brother is and she wants me to risk getting in trouble with him. I'm not going to pretend like I'm thrilled by the idea in the slightest. I'm not going to do a damn thing to get on Dario's bad side anytime soon. There's only so much a girl can take and quite frankly I think I've reach my limit of beatings.

"Kiara I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry you're right. It was a dumb suggestion, I wasn't thinking. I just really want to get out of the house with you. Look I can call Dario and ask him myself if you prefer that?"

"Camila honestly I couldn't care less if you called the devil or not."

"Alright well I'll be right back." She said giving me an uneasy smile.

"I can't believe I let you convince me to do this."

"I can't believe my brother bagged such a beautiful girl like you.Voglio dire, guardati. Sei al di là della bellezza"

"What was that you just said?" I asked completely ignoring the first part of what she said.

"I said you're beyond pretty. Girl I will get you an italian teacher soon enough because this is ridiculous." She said as she fixed my hair. 

Camila got permission from her brother to take me out of this house. According to her it took a lot of begging which I'm not surprised by at all. We spent the entire day together painting each other's nails, watching television  and she even taught me how to cook one of her favourite italian dishes. We're going for pizza in a while then she's going to show me around a bit. Tomorrow we plan on doing a little more sight seeing since it's already after 7PM.

"Okay Ho finito. Now go on and get dressed."
(I finished)
------------------------------
Dario

"beh, ti sei alzato terribilmente tardi"
(Well you got up terribly late) I spoke up once I heard Rafael walk in.

"Sì, beh, alcuni di noi hanno passato una lunga notte"
(Yes, well, some of us have had a long night)

"La nostra prima notte qui e hai già trovato il motivo per uscire"
(Our first night here and you've already found the reason to go out)

"Scusami fratello, avevo bisogno di un sollievo dallo stress. Alcuni di noi non hanno avuto il piacere di un assistente di volo alla nostra mercé"
(Sorry bro, I needed some stress relief. Some of us haven't had the pleasure of a flight attendant at our mercy)

"You could've had your turn with her if you wanted."

"How generous of you brother."

"You know I never had an issue sharing with you Rafael."

"Careful what you say Dario because Kiara is definitely-"

"Don't!" I practically barked cutting him right off. This fool is always joking around.

"Relax brother, I know she's the one thing that's completely off limits." he said still chuckling.

"Sh sh shh.Parli molto ma non ha molto senso"
(You talk a lot but it doesn't make much sense)

"Mr.Romano,nessuna mancanza di rispetto ma-
(No disrespect but)

"Salvalo perché ho la forte sensazione che le prossime parole che escono dalla tua bocca ti faranno guadagnare un proiettile" I spoke.
(Save it because I have a strong feeling that the next few words coming out of your mouth will earn you a bullet) The room fell silent. Good.

"I don't know whose worse the idiots who robbed me or the idiots who allowed themselves to be robbed."

"Fratello, se posso. Penso che sia giusto se mi assicuro che i responsabili ricevano il trattamento adeguato che meritano."
(Brother, if I can. I think it is right if I make sure that those responsible are given the proper treatment they deserve.)

I smirked knowing Rafael all too well. He wanted an example to be made for anyone who'd think about ever robbing the men who run the damn country. He wanted a blood bath and he would make sure everyone got the message loud and clear. Sick bastard.

"permesso accordato"
(Permission granted)

We don't get many situations like this. You gave to be either beyond stupid or incredibly brave--no just the stupid part, to attempt to rob the mafia boss. I basically run the entire country. There's nothing that happens in Italy that isn't under my radar. Very few Italians try to go up against me. Our main enemies are the american mafia. We've been at war for years now and it's about to get even worse as I'm finally making my move in claiming american territory.  We're moving in on them slowly but surely. I don't trust Americans which is why I'm only working with a handful as of now. I am very selective about who I got involved with. Running a mafia is no easy task. There's always a target on your back and people wanting your throne so you need to be picky with who you associate yourself with. This is something I need to educate Kiara on. As my lady she too will have eyes on her. Ofcourse the mansion is heavily guarded and I will ensure she always has security around her to keep her safe whether I'm there or not. That's just how it is for anyone involved with us. My sister has her own guards so when she called for permission to go out with Kiara, I just sent some of mine in addition just incase.

"And in the meantime Mr.Romano ? Ms. Carillo still needs her products,no?" Ms.Carillo, one of my most loyal customers and associates from Mexico. Also, the person whose shipment was allegedly stolen yesterday.

"Raddoppieremo la prossima spedizione."
(We will double the next shipment.) I simply said. It was a minor problem in my eyes and that was an easy solution.

"That is all for now. You are dismissed gentlemen ."

Without another word, they quickly exited the room. Rafael,myself and our guards followed soon after. I'm supposed to meet with Ms.Carillo tomorrow night for a business preposition she has for me. In the meantime Rafael and I are going to visit some of her "legitimate businesses" down here and see how operations are going. I'll be back in Italy before I know it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 814 51
Anastasia, has been through hell all her life from being being beaten and raped by her mafia husband she married at the age of 16 till the age of 23 ...
158K 6.1K 36
King reyansh singhania had never been taught how to love or respect a human soul.Fuck! He doesn't even has any idea how to treat a human in the first...
1.2M 24.7K 45
"Stand up.", he said to me. "What?", I asked confused. "STAND UP.", he ordered slightly aggressive. I quickly got up from the bed and stood in front...
33.1K 567 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...