Meri Cousin Behna โœ” (Ehmmbh S...

By _PerfectlySplendid_

*BEING EDITED CURRENTLY* Manvi is like a wrecking ball. You will miss her when she's gone. You'll hate her w... More

Cast & Characters (Aesthetics)
Prelude- Teen saal, Do mahine
1. I hate my behna
2) Meri Behna?: I miss her
3) Meri Behna? Aa gayi!
4) Meri Behna? Sunn nahi rahi
5) Meri Behna? Mastered in Masking
6) Meri Behna: Is a good actress
7) Meri Behna? Broke my heart
8) Meri Behna? Fixed my soul
9) Meri Behna? I hate that I love her
10. Meri Behna? I love that I can never hate her
11) Meri Behna? Cryptic
12) Meri Behna? Oblivious
13) Meri Behna? It was an accident
14) Meri Behna? So many Memories
15) Meri Behna? My Light
16) Meri Behna? My Peace
17) Meri Behna? Aur uska best friend
18) Meri Behna? Aur uska ex-boyfriend
19) Meri Behna? Too close, yet far
20) Meri Behna? Too messed up
21) Meri Behna? It is happening
22) Meri Behna? It happened
REUNION โ™กโ™กโ™ก
23) Meri Behna? I miss her
Bonus (1) Virman Vs. Virika

24) Meri Behna? I hate her

608 33 30
By _PerfectlySplendid_

Last Chapter and I'm screaming!!!

Dedicated to all readers, silent and active. Thank you all. Love you all 3000!!!

24) Meri Behna? I hate her

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Tera Yaar Hoon Main (Sonu ke Titu ki Sweety)

Janvi's POV

'Itna sad kyu ho yaar?' I smiled at the seated Chaudharys who were in their own thoughts at the dining table.

They looked at me, a small smile etched on their face. I shook my head and clapped my hands to get their attention.

'Today's special breakfast is on me, again,' I winked at Samar, who on my cue brought out all the eateries we had prepared for breakfast.

'Parathas, dhokla, fafda jalebi and French toast,' I gave my Sweety maami a hug, 'Meri modern maami ke liye.'

She just smiled and everyone looked at the food with grave concern towards me. It had been 10 days, yet the Chaudharys were upset that I wasn't upset. I told them that whatever happened, happened. Yet for some reason they wanted me to be angry and make a scene.

'Arey, khao toh.' I said, sitting next to my father as they nodded and started eating quietly.

My Paa looked at me with concern and I questioned him with a nod but he shook his head and ate the breakfast. I don't get why these people were being so dramatic. Whatever happened is past now and nothing good happens by dwelling in the past.

Shrugging, I helped myself with some parathas and almost praised myself for being such a good chef. Soon every Chaudhary started praising me and tried their best to avoid the hot topic which I hadn't yet discussed.

My birthday.

'Okay,' I sighed, finishing my paratha, 'Kal mera birthday hai.' I spoke aloud, getting their attention, 'But, muje koi celebration nahi chahiye. No gifts. No party. No nothing. Please.'

'But Jaan?'

'Paa,' I held his arm, 'No nothing means nothing. Tum sab yaha ho yahi mere liye enough hai. Okay.'

They didn't protest, just nodded with a smile and I smiled back. Paa let it go for now and ate his breakfast while I turned to face my brother, 'Samar. No nothing.'

'But maine kaha...'

One glare from me and he rolled his eyes, 'Fine. Okay.'

And it was settled that I wasn't going to celebrate my birthday this year.

After breakfast, when I headed upstairs Paa blocked my way, 'What?'

'Tumse baat karni hai,' He said, redirecting towards the terrace and I nodded.

What he wanted to talk was clearly reflecting in his facial expression, but I decided to let him speak. We sat on the wooden chairs, I could sense his hesitation and contemplation to touch a sensitive topic while I stayed put.

'What's wrong?' He asked, his hand on my hand.

Confused, I looked at him, scrunching my eyebrows, 'Huh? Nothing is wrong.'

He shook his head, 'Right. You had like the biggest fight with your sister just ten days back, came to know about your mothers deaths, your fathers actuality and you've been acting like everything's fantastic.'

I shrugged, not really getting what he was trying to find out, 'Why wouldn't it be fantastic? I finally know the truth, I've got my answers. I'm fine.'

'Janvi drop the act, drop this charade for once. Stop pretending to be happy. I can see through you.'

I removed his hand from mine, really getting uncomfortable with the words, 'I don't understand sab ki problem kya hai. Last time I had a fight with my sister, I cried for days and weeks and fell into depression eventually. That time all of you told me to stop crying. Now that I'm actually okay, not wanting to be bothered by the past, you guys want me to cry? Why? What good would that bring to anyone.'

Paa looked at me with moist eyes, 'Janvi, you cannot keep it all in you and build walls around you. This all will eventually hurt you.'

I scoffed, startling him, 'Everything has to eventually hurt me only. Right. That's the bottom line about every problem.' I stood up and faced the river Ganga, 'Janvi toh sensitive hai yaar, Janvi toh hamesha roti hai, Janvi weak hai right.'

My father sighed, looking at me while I continued, 'I am really tired. Tired of having to handle everything on my own. Tired to carry all the relationships with everyone on my back.' I faced him, a sad smile etching my face, 'Aur ye sab karke kya mila muje? Eventually everyone left, like how it is.'

My father stood up, frustrated as he walked towards me, 'You are the strongest person I've ever known. Stronger than your mother too. And if she'd be here, she'd be so proud of what you've become.'

Tears welled in his eyes as he remembered his youthful days, while I sighed, 'How would I know? You've apparently decided to keep everything from me. Everything I truly loved has always been away from me, Paa. I loved my mothers, they left, I loved my Bade Paa, he left. I loved my sister, she left.' I held his arm, 'And you? You decided the best thing for me. Keep so many secrets from me that I feel like a stranger now.'

'Aisa nahi hai, jaan,'

'That is how it is. That's how I feel.' I withdrew my hand from his arm, facing the river again, 'I have always told you everything happening in my life. Always. My first periods, my first crush, my first date, my fun, my misdeeds, my drama and all my fears and insecurities.' Tears started to well up in my eyes as I faced my dad, pointing my finger at him, 'Tell me, have I ever kept anything from you? Anything?'

He shook his head, his tears had already fallen on the ground, as I took a deep breath to control myself from crying, 'Then how could you hide so many things from me, dad. How could you. Mom's cancer. You leaving musician career to raise me. That I'm an official Vadhera. And I don't even know what else you've been hiding.'

'Janvi, meri baat...'

'No Paa. You've hurt me.' A tear finally dropped from my eye, 'Mansi ko main maaf kar sakti hu. Woh nadaan thi. And apne jagah sahi.' I said, meaning everything, 'But aap? You're big right. A father? My father! Toh itna sabkuch chupa kaise liya mujse.'

He walked towards me but I stopped him, hurriedly wiping my tears, 'Please. If you want to list all the excuses then don't. Anyway, I know the truth now and it's no use talking about the past because it'll just hurt all of us again.'

I walked past him towards the exit, 'And Paa,'

He turned to face me, regret and guilt across his face, 'Haan?'

'I don't want to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. No nothing applies to you too. That's all I want from my birthday this year. Some peace.' Saying that, I left, angry and hurt by everything all over again.

How could my father hide so many things from me.

How could my bade papa stay away from me for all these years.

And how could my sister believe her backstabbing boyfriend over me.

All these questions didn't have an answer, they only carried hurt and hence I decided best to live my life normally. No more crying, no more tears and no more pain.

It's time I do something for myself first.

Enough with this family and behan drama.

_

'Jaan? Idhar aa.'

'Haan Maa, boliye.'

'Boliye ki bacchi. Tuje apni maa ki yaad aati hai ki nahi.'

'Badi Maa bhi toh meri Maa hi hai.'

'Hmm, badi Maa ki chamchi. Idhar aa.'

'Yes Maa, kya hua?'

'You love your mother right?'

'Yes Maa, I love you.'

'Then you'll promise me something today?'

'Kya mumma?'

'Love your sister Mansi as much as you love me. Yes?'

'But Mansi mujse ladti rehti hai.'

'But tum toh badi behen ho na.'

'Full 15 minutes.'

'Yes. And promise me that you'll always love your sister, you'll always protect your sister. Mansi thodi different hai. Hamesha problems mein aati hai. Promise me that no matter what, you'll always be with your sister. Yes?'

'I promise mumma, main Mansi ke saath rahungi. Hamesha.'

My 23rd birthday started really well. Thankfully I had slept before midnight so I didn't have to receive any calls or wishes or get cake cutting celebration. I had specifically told all the Chaudharys that I didn't want anything and they kept their promise. Now after getting their blessings and telling Manav that I needed a day off, I was at peace.

That was until Samar insisted to accompany him to the river.

'Why?'

'I want you to take Buas blessings too.'

I was avoiding going to the ghat, mostly because the river water reminded me of my dead mothers and my distant sister and I really didn't wanna upset myself but I do needed my mothers blessings.

'Accha okay,'

We walked past our family members who smiled at me, a little offish smile. Like they were either hiding something from me or they weren't too happy about what's happening.

I'm not sure which one, but I let it slide away while we reached the ghat. The river flowing beautifully, as I sat down and Samar sat from across me. We sat there for some five minutes and I decided to head home.

'Fufa ne aapke liye kuch laya hai.' Samar said, as I glared at him, my dad approaching us from a distance.

'Sam?' I held his ear, twisting it slightly while he withered in pain.

'Fufa ne laya. Maine nahi.' He pleaded as I left him.

My Paa told Samar to go as he sat with me on the stairs, holding both my hands, 'Hey. I've something for you.' He held his finger at me so I don't groan, 'Ma aur Badi Maa ke saamne mana nahi karte baccha.'

I tsked, as he forwarded his mobile to me, a recording on the screen.

'What's this?'

Paa smiled, his smile hinting at something old and sad, 'When Viren bhai told you guys his side of the story about the accident.' I nodded, curiously, 'He let go of a conversation bhabhi and he had over the call. And thankfully his calls always got recorded, because of which the last ever call with bhabhi is here on this cell.'

I found my hands almost snatching the phone, hurrying to know what my badi Maa last said, while my Paa touched my cheek, 'I am sorry Jaan. For hiding so many things from you. I was an idiot.'

I kept the cell aside and took his hands in mine, feeling ashamed of my rude behavior the previous day, 'No paa, no. I am sorry. I acted rude.'

'You have the right to do so. And I know that you already know all the secrets, so me telling you anything now won't mean anything.' He cupped my face, a happy smile on his face, 'But I want you to know that never ever think that I gave up my music career for you. Okay?'

'But?'

My pleading was interrupted.

'No. Hear me out,' He said, tears brimming in both our eyes, 'I agree, that at some point, I wanted to make a career out of music. That it was my ultimate goal. But when your mother died and left you with me, you became my ultimate goal,'

That was like the nicest honors I've ever been bestowed.

'Music, albums, songs, guitar ye sab tumhare samne sab feekhe padh gaye, jaan. The only thing which interested me was to keep you happy and that million dollar smile of yours was my payment.' He wiped the tears falling from my face, 'I didn't regret even once to give up my music because it was all worth it. You were worth it, gudiya. You still are.'

I didn't let him continue anything further as I hugged him, all the tears held from the past ten days gushing out, 'Sach hai,' My father continued amidst his tears, 'Sach hai that a father can never give that much love a mother can give. But I really hope I could atleast give you all the happiness in the world.'

Breaking the hug, I wiped my tears, kissing his palm, 'You did Paa. You are the best father in this entire world and I mean it.' I sniffed, looking at the river, 'Jitna pyaar support and respect muje apne diya, utna shayad meri moms bhi na de paati.' I said, smiling at him, 'I know Paa that when I was conceived you were hesitant to have me.'

He looked at me with tearful eyes, waiting for me to continue, 'And Maa made you prove to her that you'd be the best dad and you know what, she's looking at you with so much pride. Cause you are the best dad. The best
When I was depressed you gave up your job for me, when I was sick, you stayed up with me and whenever I wanted to cry, you cried with me. You always gave me the first and the last bite of our food. I love you.'

He laughed, sniffing and wiping his tears, 'Yes, your mother and her tasks. I'll never forget that week and I'll never forget that doll.'

That made me chuckle, and feel lighter having my father with me. We took another five minutes of praises and gratitude and wiped our tears, and hugged again. My father was probably the rarest dad who gave up everything to raise her daughter with lots of love and happiness.

'What do you want for your birthday, tell me.'

'Thoda difficult hoga, aap nahi kar sakte.'

He smirked, raising his brow at me, 'Underestimation. Hmmm,'

I laughed, holding the cell phone, excited to hear my Badi Maa's voice, 'Try karunga,' He said, with a soft smile and a wink.

'Bade Papa and Bua Daadi ko maaf karna padega.'

_

"Kya hua Jeevika?"

"Kuch nahi," Maanvi answered for her, "Behki Behki baatein kar rahi hai dii aaj,"

"Matlab?"

"Aap hi puch lo apni pati-vrata patni se, humse toh nahi ho payega, jiju,"

"Arey, hume bhi toh pata ho." Viren chuckled, 'Kya behki behki baatein kar rahi ho tum humari saali se."

"Pata nahi, Virenji." Jeevika continued, "Ajeeb sa darr lag raha hai. Restlessness ho rahi hai. Like something is going to happen, and something terrible."

"But, why?" Viren countered, "Sab theek hai Jeevika."

"I know. Bas abh jo feel kar rahi hu woh bata rahi hu."

"Accha," Viren wanted her to get the worrying things off her chest, "Tell me everything that is worrying you."

"Just the kids," She said softly, looking at her sister who looked at her with a soft smile, "Bas darr hai ki agar kuch hua muje, toh mere bacchhon ka kya hoga."

Viren laughed it off, "Tumhare bacchee shaitaan hai. Seriously, Veer just looks calm and composed but he plans everything well like his dad and Mansi, she will go to hell and still manage to come out of it. You know these two can fend so well for themselves."

"Aur Janvi?"

"Janvi?"

"Haan Virenji, meri Janvi ka kya?" Jeevika asked worriedly, "Janvi bahut seedhi hai, she is so naive that she believes everything is as good as she is. She will always think about others before herself. I am scared that my eldest daughter will stay behind in this selfish world, that she will always have her heart broken in this ruthless world. I am scared that this world will do no justice to the innoncene and purity of my baby. Aapko pata hai na, meri jaise bolti hai, behave karti hai but like her mother, she just knows to help. I really want her to be safe without me."

Maanvi teared up a bit, focusing on the road as Viren took a deep breath, smiling, "Daredevil hai Janvi, sabki naani hai sabki. Majaal hai uske hote hue uske bhai behen ko koi kuch kahe. I am telling you Jeevika, she is the strongest of the lot. She is calm and composed like you, selfless like her mother and melodic like her dad, but she is the strongest, like me. She is my pride, Jeevika. Future Lawyer hai yaar, meri sher hai. You don't have to worry about her, or any of your kids. They all love each other so much, especially the two sisters."

"Haan dii," Manvi assured her, "Both of them are so different yet they are so attached to each other, almost as if they are twins,"

"Don't worry Jeevika, your girls are going to be just fine,"

I smiled ending the recording, wiping the fresh tears as I hugged my knees, thinking on how this was the best birthday gift ever. Paa had left me alone while agreeing to try and forgive his family and move on, also telling me to consider forgiving my sister before it was too late.

He didn't know that I had already forgiven her in the first place. Even when she did not ask for forgiveness.

"Sorry," I heard a familiar voice and saw my sister stand in front of me, miserable and tired, "Maaf karde please."

I wanted to hug her, scream and yell at her but I couldn't choose her over my father.

"Go away Mansi," I said, getting up and walking towards her, "Let's not make a scene."

"So me coming here is also a waste?"

We both turned to face my Bade Paa who looked at me with a sheepish smile, behind him was my entire Vadhera and Chaudhary family, my Paa standing beside my Bade Papa.

"What is this some kind of reunion?" I said, rather amused to see the entire lot here, while my Paa walked towards me.

"I know that you love me," He said, with a smile, "And that you will chose your father over everyone time and again, but I also know that you love your sister," He put his hands around Mansi's shoulder, pulling her towards me, "And that your sister loves you."

Mansi nodded fervently, everyone waiting for my answer as I scoffed, "Right, itna pyaar karti hai ki ek stupid se video ko maan liya."

I hated that night, and I hated how Mansi got her first panic attack and we broke up because of some guy.

"Jaan," She held my hand, "Please, I am sorry. Idiot thi main, stupid, bewakoof," She paused, and when I looked at her I realised she was holding her tears back, "I was a stupid, stupid person to let go of you. And I know I do not deserve your forgiveness, not even a bit, but I just came here to ask for forgiveness, just to tell you how sorry I am. That is it. Just hear me out once, I swear I will never trouble you again."

Sighing, I nodded and Paa left her while she stood in front of me, her tired face telling me how sleepless her nights were lately. Mansi took a deep breath and held both my hands, gulping, "When I was small, I did not like you. You always were the best amongst all of us and both my parents loved you more." She said, meeting my eyes, "I did not know why they wanted to be with you and not me, and I was so angry. Till date I did not know why my mother loved you so much and I was so angry that you have so many memories with her and I don't when it was the same with me and Massi. I was so upset on losing a mother that it never occurred to me that you lost a mother too.

"Since our mothers died, you have been there for me. All my sleepless nights, all my anxieties and all my fears were all calmed by you. My own father and brother were not there but you were there, my cousin sister was there for me, always. Meri harr ek zidd, har ek galti ko tune apna liya. You just stepped into the role of a mother for me and ever since you had my back. I was so selfish back then, so selfish now to even think that you could ever betray me. I missed you Jaan, I missed you every single day these five years, every single night I have thought about you and every single second thinking about what would it be if we were back together.

"I know, main maafi ke layak nahi, nahi hu. But please, please try and forgive me. Please. Because I know how it is to live in hurt and hatred and I do not want you to live that way. You deserve all the happiness in this world, all the happiness of my world too. Jo hua usko main wapas nahi laa sakti, I am sorry. You were depressed for a year and I wasn't there, you had to drop out of school, and I wasn't there and you had to work to make ends meet, and I wasn't there. So there is no way in hell do I deserve forgiveness. No way."

She sniffed, tears falling from her eyes and her voice cracking as her words made a direct entry to my heart, I knew she meant every single word she said, "All I can say is that I am sorry, jaan. I really am and," She raised both her hands, folding them and pleading, "I was always upset that you had most memories and time with my mother but I never realised until now that you were my mother, and I am and will always be thankful to you."

I held her hand, shaking my head as I crushed her into a hug, crying with her, "Tu pagal hai kya," I cried as she sobbed on my shoulder, "You are my sister, Mansi. You are my family. There is no sorry and thank you between family, Mannu." She just hugged me tighter, crying, "And the things you have done for me is no less that of a mother, pagal. Every time I fell sick you left everything and you came to me, if anyone even raised their voice at me you would stand up for me and you would rather take the blame on you than let me name be tainted. When you left me, I really wanted to hate you, I swear, I tried hating you so my hurt would reduce but I couldn't lie to myself. I couldn't bring myself to hate you."

We broke the hug as I hushed her tears, "Tu meri behen hai aur usse bhi important ye hai ki tu meri hai."

She sobbed, nodding and hugging me again, as I hugged her. We finally felt a thousand times better with each other in our arms and we both after a good two minute warm hug, broke it. I wiped her tears and she wiped mine, as I side-hugged her again.

It was true, she was my sister and no matter what, she will always remain my sister.

"Tum dono ka ho gaya ho," Veer walked towards us, "Toh hum bhai bhi hug karle?"

"Yes," Samar added, "These two sisters always get the limelight,"

Everyone laughed as we cousins hugged in a group, feeling nicer and happier than ever before.

"Two sisters and limelight," Paa spoke aloud as we broke our hug, we all looked at him, "Reminds me of two other sisters who stole our limelight, right bhai?"

Bade Papa who was now standing with him, not sharing that smile but looking remorseful at his brother, "I am sorry mere bhai," He said, softly, "Main ek aacha bada bhai nahi tha,"

"It is okay," Paa said, calmly, surprising everyone as he looked at me, "There is no sorry and thank you between family, right Jaan?"

I nodded, smiling as I held Mansi's hand and she beamed at me. The entire family smiled and cried with us, as we looked at the two brothers.

The original brothers nodded grimly, and shared a hug. Of course it will take time to bridge the gap between the two families but I was certain that it would happen. For now, I had both my huge families, a huge birthday cake and some celebration as Mansi and I cut the cake and fed each other. We always cut our birthday cakes at the ghat so our mothers could also be in the celebration.

Both our fathers fed us the cake lovingly, "Tum humari Jaan ho," Bade Papa kissed my forehead, as Paa hugged my sister, "Aur tum humari Maan," He said, kissing her hands as we all group hugged each other.

While Samar and Veer helped the elders cut the cake, I pulled Mansi aside, "Thanks Mannu, best birthday surprise ke liye. Waise tune mere liye kuch banaya tha right?"

"Haan, it was a video montage but that is not important right now." She winked, asking me to remove the pendant from my neck and I did. She then undid her bracelet pendant and I thought she wanted to exchange it because we were wearing each others pendants so long.

"I thought what way these pendants could open," She grinned, as I watched her thoughtful, "And I realised that our mothers always did everything together,"

"Haan? So?"

She winked, attaching both the pendants together, since one was vertical and the other horizontal cylinders, they fit in well with each other and the moment they did, the pendant clinked and it opened. Both of us bent our heads to see that each cylinder had a small rolled up paper in them.

On one were the numbers '1000' written and the other has 'Behna' written.

We both looked at each other and then the River Ganga, smiling at our mothers. We realised that our mothers would never be dead, since Mansi and I both were their living examples and come what may, they'll always remain alive with us.

And Mansi?

Anshuman ho ya Manav, law ya drug dealing cases, no matter what would happen, we would always have each others back.

Because after all,

Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

Oops. Sorry.

Meri Cousin Behna...

THE END

Authors Note and Sequel ---->

VOTE AND COMMENT for the last time, and tell me anything you want to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 13.7K 41
His Peaceful life turned chaotic the day she stepped into his life. She is hiding so many secrets which can be dangerous for his clan and He will nev...
2.3M 89.6K 52
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...
466K 30.1K 92
Arjun is out on a revenge to destroy the family who are reason for his pain. He is a man with no Hope. He loves destroying...all his years in busine...
1.1M 49.4K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...