Until You're Mine

By writergxrll

Isabella Young packed up her life in the city that never sleeps in an attempt to escape the buzz of New York... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 12

3.5K 108 8
By writergxrll

Hey guys, just want to let you all know that I'm trying to get at least one update up every week. Thanks so much for your patience and for reading my book!

"So you guys are going to Colorado?" Abi quizzes me, as we walk back from doing our rounds.

I nod, glancing up from the form I'm trying to fill in, as I walk. "Uh-huh, I mean Liv suggested it for Simon, but I'm not complaining about getting out of here for while."

"Well if you're about to switch out the scorching heat for hot chocolate and oversized coats, then I vote that we have a beach day before you go."

I stop beside the entrance to the emergency room, rewarding Abi with a grin. "Fine by me."

"You should know, Hayden will find out about it and invite himself, which will automatically give Simon a reason to go."

I shrug. "Doesn't matter to me."

"So if he ogles other girls, you won't care?"

I shake my head. "Not one bit."

Abi shakes her head, a knowing grin on her face. "Whatever, if that's how you're gonna play it, I'll play it too."

I shake my head, trying to hide the small smile making it's way onto my face at Abi's intelligence. "Anyway, unlike you, I actually need to do some work."

"You actually work?" Abi feigns confusion. "I thought we were here to gossip."

"Oh shut up, I'll see you later."

Abi nods, turning in the opposite direction, as I push one of the double doors, leading into the chaos. "I'll text you the beach day deets."

I let out a frustrated sigh, when the uncontrollable noise of the emergency room deafens me. "The joys of night shift."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

I quietly push the front door shut behind me, as I arrive back from work at 4am. They're not my usual shifts but Clara, a colleague, called in sick and when my boss asked me to cover, I thought it'd be a good idea to get on her good side before I request my few days off.

A few minutes later I'm pulling the bathroom door open after a quick, refreshing shower. I'm nearly at my room when I head a noise from inside Simons room. With a shake of my head, I decide it's just my mind playing tricks on me after a long day, but as I grab my door handle I hear the noise again.

Only this time I can hear the noise.

"Help, help!" Simons voice bellows. "It's Bennett, we need help down here."

I quietly take a few steps so that I'm standing outside Simons door. The distressed shouts don't stop but they become more mumbled, making them impossible to understand.

After a few seconds of a mental battle, I push the door open, slowly walking into the room. When I glance over at a distressed Simon, I find him in a deep sleep, that looks anything but peaceful. The crumpled duvet is indication that he's been tossing and turning for long enough.

"Simon." I whisper, taking a few steps closer to him. "Simon, wake up!"

I reach out to shake him awake, but my hand barely touches his shoulder when his fingers quickly wrap around my wrist and pulls me which slams me onto the bed. Simon ends up on top of me, holding my hands above my head. I expect him to scramble away once he notices it's me, but instead we stay in the same position, both of us breathing heavily.

What was I expecting to happen when I tried to wake a member of the army?

"What's wrong?" I question, in a whisper. "You were t-"

Simon shakes his head, with a sigh. "It doesn't matter."

"Bu-"

"Iz, please drop it."

I nod, trying to read his face. His nonchalant act doesn't match up with the turmoil I can see behind his eyes.

Simon sighs, removing his grip on my wrists, but he doesn't move from his position at my hips. "Could... I know I've no right to ask this." He runs a hand through his already messed up hair. "Will you stay here... tonight, no questions asked?"

I nod. "Sure, no questions asked."

As I slip underneath the covers I can't help but thank the heavens that I didn't put on my usual nighttime attire. I decided to swap my usual fluffy clothes for more weather suitable pyjamas, considering the rise in temperature over that past few days.

Against my better judgement of protecting my heart in this situation, I move so that my cheek is resting against his exposed chest. Subconsciously my fingers graze over the smaller scars that you'd only notice being this close to them.

I'm not sure how long after, but eventually Simons breathing slowed as he fell into a deep slumber. I don't allow my eyes to close until a few minutes later, when I can be sure that this time, his sleep remains peaceful.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"See this is why I told you not to leave so early." I hear Hayden complain, as I'm walking into the kitchen the next morning.

Abi huffs, with a roll of the eyes. "Do you ever shut up?"

"Why did you tell her not to leave so early?" I ask, raising my eyebrow and taking a sip of the coffee I just poured.

"Because I know from experience that Simon is never on time, and I guessed since you put up with it all those years ago, you must be the same."

"And I reminded him that you were working until four last night so he should give you a break." Abi crosses her arms and throws Hayden a pointed look.

Hayden smirks. "I could've been up until four, working just as hard and I still would've been up for my morning run."

I glance at Abi to see if she caught the innuendo, which she clearly did after spending so long with Hayden. Simon walks into the room before Abi responds, so she directs her attention towards him. "Not that I'm complaining about you being back or anything, but did you seriously have to bring your lap dog with you?"

Simon laughs, leaning against the counter beside me. "What did he do this time?"

"Nothing." Hayden grumbles. "Which is the problem isn't it, babes?"

Abi huffs. "Are you guys ready? The quicker we go the quicker I can drop Hayden here, off at the bus station."

We arrive at the beach around eleven, and even though it's pretty early, the beach is already pretty busy.

"Beach bar cocktails, my favourite." Abi moans, after taking a sip the cocktail.

I laugh, shaking my head. "It's not even eleven, Abs."

"Which is exactly why I drove here."

"Why?" Simon puts my thoughts into words.

"Because it means I'm driving back." Harrison says before motioning towards his water. When Simon raises a questioning eyebrow in his direction, he grumbles. "I lost the stupid bet."

I shake my head, while setting on towel down. "You guys are crazy." I grab the hem of my oversized T-shirt and pull it over my head. I opted on a black strapless bikini, leaving my straight hair flowing down my back.

"Well you didn't come to play." Abi whistles. "Let's go take some pics."

I nod, before following her towards the steps.

"You get in late last night?" Abi asks.

"Not later than usual, why?"

Abi shrugs with a smirk. "Simon said you were still asleep when we first got to your place, but your blinds were open. I just assumed you were too tired to close them." She pulls her phone out. "Smile!"

I do as told, moving my hand so it's gripping my sun hat. She snaps the photo before I respond. "It's not what you think." I decide on saying, knowing Abi wouldn't believe me if I lied. "There's nothing going on between us. He's just going to leave again and I'm not setting myself up for what I went through back then."

Abi moves, and shows the photo she took.

"So if he left tomorrow, and nothing happened between the two of you, you wouldn't still go through the exact same thing?"

I don't respond instead I look over at Hayden and Simon, they're playing volleyball, laughing without a care in the world. Simon woke up before me this morning and we haven't got to talk in private since, but right now you'd never guess he has an inner turmoil.

My eyes snap back to Abi, my heart rate picking up when she speaks her next words. "Hey what's that? You've got a tattoo?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 516 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
131 10 18
So 'Partners in Crime' is about a boy in love who loves this girl who happens to become his partner because she does the same things as him. They bot...
Miles Apart By Ayo

Teen Fiction

159K 5.1K 28
Isabella and Miles, two complete opposites find themselves being paired up for the rest of their senior year. They want to be at least friends but th...
4.4K 31 15
Maya Patel is just like any 25 year old. She goes to work, dates, hooks up with coworkers, and spends her lunch talking to her comatose best friend s...