Fake love ✔

By laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... More

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

XXXVIII

3.2K 65 14
By laix_x

Chapter thirty eight

•Romeo•

"Woah", Max barges in...again. "Dude, get your hand out of her pants".

I groan, loudly. "Why do you just barge in everywhere?" He shrugs, taking a seat on one of the chairs at the end of my room. Morgan's asleep on top of me, with her hoodie riding up her back and my hand in the back of her sweatpants. I move my hand to pull down her hoodie, careful not to wake her up. "What do you want?"

"Came to get a ride to work 'cause my car's in the shop", he takes out his phone and starts scrolling through.

"What about the others?" I run a hand through my messy hair.

"My uncle's coming round so my mom told me to leave the cars because he likes to look at them", he rolls his eyes, putting quotations around 'look at them'.

"How did you get here then?"

"I walked", I snort.

"You walked?"

"Yeah", he nods, nonchalantly. Well, I did get one of those bike things you pick up on the side of the road", I chuckle, shaking my head at him.

"You're crazy", I tell him.

"I'm not, I just—", he pauses. Morgan begins to stir in her sleep, turning her head to face me.

"Sorry, did we wake you?" She shakes her head, mumbling some incoherent words before falling back to sleep.

"Yeah anyway, I'm gonna go downstairs and get some food. You need to get ready", he points at me before leaving.

"Is he gone?" Morgan mumbles against my bare chest.

"Yeah", I play with her hair.

"Can't we just stay here today?" She groans.

"I really have to go to work today, I'm sorry", she opens her eyes as she stretches. "But what if I take you on a date tonight?"

"Hm?" She rests her chin on my chest. "Okay", her head moves as she speaks, her chin still pressed to my chest. "Why don't we just stay in, tonight? We don't have to go out for a date, we can just lay here and watch a movie", she suggests.

"But we always just lay here and watch a movie", I retort, running my hand up and down her back. "We could go out to eat, then come back to watch a movie?"

"No", she whines. "Let's just order pizza and watch a movie in the theatre room".

"Yeah?"

"Yeah", she nods, planting her hands on my chest to get up. "I'm getting in the shower", she walks into the bathroom.

"Be quick", I tell her.

"You could always join me", she calls out from inside the bathroom.

"Max is downstairs", I call back.

"It's not like he'll walk into the bathroom with someone in there".

"You never know", I chuckle, rubbing a hand over my face.

I wait until she finishes showering before walking into the shower while she does her makeup. She grabs a suit for me, laying it on the bed to change into once I'm done. She walks downstairs once she's ready, leaving me to get ready and meet the two downstairs.

"Good morning", Will greets me as he washes up, Max and Morgan are sat, eating at the island.

"Here", Morgan slides a plate of mini croissants over to me.

"These are good", I say once I've taken a bite. "Did you make these?" I turn to Will.

"Yeah. Thought I'd try something new".

"They're great", I tell him.

"Thank you", he dries his hands.

"Anyway, let's go", I look at Max as he stands up.

"Bye", he ruffles Morgan's hair before walking towards the door.

"See you later", I peck her lips as she mumbles a goodbye. I grab my things and follow Max out.

"What car?" He asks, I point to the Alfa Romeo, climbing in.

The whole ride, Max would not stop talking about the weirdest things, half of which I zoned out of, not in the mood to listen to his constant blabbering. "Dude", I say to him as we stop the car. "Shut up", I deadpan. "I'm fucking tired", I step out of the car and walk into the building.

"Morning, Sir", various people greet me as I walk through the lobby, over to the elevator, to which I reply with a curt nod and return to making my way to my office. Max went straight down to accompany the new recruits until I arrive.

"Excuse me", a lady, around my age with her lipstick bright red, runs along side me. She holds out a sheet of paper. "I was wondering—".

"Not interested", I cut off her obnoxiously highly pitched voice, holding my hand up.

"Alright, that's not what I wanted to talk about anyway", she scrunches up the piece of paper, throwing it into a nearby trash can. "Let's cut to the chase", she continues to run along side me. "Can—can you slow down?"

"No".

"Alright then", she mutters under her breath, following me until we stop at my office door. "So—", I walk into my office, shutting the door in her face. Yes it may be mean, but at work, my nickname's Lucifer, I may as well live up to it.

"What?" I grumble when there a knock at my door. The lady walks in. "I thought I told you I wasn't interested", I scowl.

"Look", she walks over to me, placing her hands on my shoulders and leaning her head down to my ear, pressing her lips there lightly. "I've never seen you with a girl before—", she starts before I push her off of me.

"Get out", I tell her.

"What?" She shakes her head as if she doesn't understand what I'm telling her.

"I said, get out. I don't want you in here. I don't know who you are. So get out", I point to the door. She scoffs, dramatically strutting out the door, the sound of her heels hitting the floor echo down the hall. Sighing, I close my eyes and run my hand through my hair before deciding to go and help Max with the new recruits.

"Okay, go!" I hear as I open the door and walk into the training room. I lean to the left, a blade merely missing my shoulder, thrown by one of the teens. The whole room goes silent.

"I swear—", I mumble under my breath as I pull the blade out of the wall beside me. I take a deep breath before spinning the blade through my fingers and throwing it at a target. "You aim that way", I fall back into a chair, rubbing a hand down my face.

I left Max finish his lesson on knife throwing before I move on to guns. "Now on to guns", Max announces.

"Okay, everyone grab a gun and stand stand in front of a target", we have shooting ranges, but not enough spaces for every trainee. "Take these", I hand each one a hearing protector and goggles to place over their eyes and ears, also handing two to Max and keeping two for myself along the way. "First, we'll practice holding the gun up with both hands, your dominant hand in front", I pace back and forth behind them, my hands behind my back holding onto my gun. "You keep your arms straight and your hands steady—make sure you keep your balance; You aim, and shoot", they all shoot.

I continue to pace. "Good. To keep balance, keep your dominant foot planted to the floor, and your less dominant foot a step behind", I watch as they all get into position. "Shoot".

We continue practicing with guns and other weapons for the rest of the day, until it's time to go home.

"Hey!" That high pitched voice calls after me.

"What?" I groan, loudly.

"How about dinner, tonight?" She twirls a piece of her platinum blonde hair. Her hair's faker than Donald Trumps.

"I have plans", I deadpan. "With my girlfriend".

"What?" She scoffs. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend".

"You're a horrible liar", I walk into my office, taking a seat in my chair as she follows me in. "Who sent you? And why?"

"I don't know what you're talking about", she shrugs, turning to look out the window.

"If you're not going to tell me, you can leave", I turn to face my desk, finishing up some paperwork before I go. She hesitates before walking out, slamming the door in the process.

"What was that all about?" Max walks in, sitting on the white couch on the other side of the room.

"She was trying to get me to go out with her, and claimed she didn't know I had a girlfriend", I rub my face. "Dude", I put my pen down, looking over at Max. "I told Morgan I love her".

"You did what?" He drops his phone, giving me his full attention.

"I told Morgan I love her. Three times, actually; she was asleep the first time though", I take a deep breath. "She didn't say it back, and—and she's been acting really weird. She, um—she keeps zoning out and crying, like this morning", I refer to when he said she looked like she was about to cry. "I hate seeing her cry, but I don't know what I can do to help".

"Maybe she's having second thoughts but doesn't want to tell you", he shrugs.

"Dude", I throw a pen at him as he chuckles. "I'm being serious".

"Alright alright, sorry", he puts his hands up in surrender. "I don't know, man. I'm sorry. Why don't you just talk to her about it?"

"I did the other day. She told me that I should've never let her stay with me, and that she isn't a good person", I rub my face.

"Well maybe she's done something wrong, like really wrong that she doesn't want anyone to know about", he ponders. "But, of course, I'm probably wrong", he adds.

"Yeah—yeah", I shake my head, shaking away the thoughts. "We should go", I stand up, packing my things. He agrees and follows me out to the car.

"It's freezing", he chatters as he gets in the car. I crank up the heat until we get back. I drop Max off first, giving him strict instructions not to barge in at any time tonight or tomorrow morning.

As I walk into the house, I hear light music playing. I see the music room door open slightly, with Morgan sitting at the piano. I can hear her soft voice humming along until she begins to sing.

"Feels like I'm on the edge right now
I wish that I could say I'm proud
I'm sorry that I let you down
Let you down

All these voices in my head get loud
I wish that I could shut them out
I'm sorry that I let you down
Let you down".

"Hey", I say once she stops, walking into the room to take a seat next to her on the bench. "Great singing", I tease, leaning to kiss her cheek.

"Shut up. You weren't supposed to hear that", she drawls.

"This room is soundproof for a reason. You just have to, you know, shut the door", I try to hold in my laughter.

"Yeah but it makes me claustrophobic because the room's small and there's no windows", she pushes me as I start laughing at her. "Shut up".

"Alright, I'm sorry, babe", I peck her lips. "I'm gonna go take a shower. Order the pizza and meet me in the theatre room".

hm

updated authors note.
so, the next chapter...im gonna cry when i publish it omg😭 (it's not sad, dw. there's just a lot of cringe and i hate myself for writing it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 14.1K 65
He was a devil inside out. Suffering his way through life. She was haunted by her past. A dark past no one knew about. Until he saved her Until sh...
2.5M 72.4K 48
"What did you do?" Nathan voice make me jump, he was standing right behind me. I turn around slightly to face his towering frame at me, "Nothing, it'...
622K 11.8K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...