THE MAFIA'S BEAUTY

By temanguby

Likhwalethu Rosewood finds herself running in the woods having just witnessed her parent's massacre by none o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (EDITED)
Chapter 5 (EDITED)
Chapter 6 (EDITED)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
PLEASE HELP!

Chapter 59

824 55 4
By temanguby

The phone rang as I held it between my shoulder and my cheek while holding the bottle on the other hand hearing her gulp it down as she held on to my hand as if to break it. Her eyes were on me, staying on my face never drifting away even to the bottle. My heart swelled, a smile spreading on my face, she was stealing my heart.

"Hello," Came the voice of the young lady.

"Hello, please put me through to Mr Sullivan on night time issues." I said, watching as Red pushed the bottle, done with it and moving on to the next thing she finds interesting. I had thought she would have passed out after the bottle but I guess she was good after screaming her lungs out half of the night. Rafael had nearly lost his shit as the baby screamed from twelve to five o'clock in the morning, it was like she took joy in it really. She was a bad girl. I closed the bottle and placed on the table then held her to my other shoulder.

"Your password?" Asked the lady.

"RWD16@345." I said back, this number practically burned at the back of my head. I was soon put on hold and with that I stood up, moving around the office and brushing Red's back, rocking her body a little for her to burp and just hoping she did not bring back her brunch snack because I had left the towel in the room. My mind drifted off to Rafael, not being able to help the smile as I thought of if he was cake tasting or dress shopping at this moment. He had been so exhausted at night and with the little sleep he got was probably someone's worst night mare at this point. I made it a point in my head to call him and ask for him to bring me fresh, gooey chocolate cake because I craved it so much I found myself having pancakes dripping in nothing but chocolate sauce which did not do it for me at all.

"This is Mr Sullivan, good day."

"Hello, this is Likhwalethu Rosewood and since my twenty first birthday has passed I would like to access my trust fund and make a few changes in my will." I said as Red lay her head on my shoulder, raising it now and again but not burping having me nearly sigh.

"Miss Rosewood, how nice to hear you alive. Well as you know these matters are dealt with face to face. I cannot discuss this with you through the phone because of security reasons." Mr Sullivan said.

"I thought you would say that and that is why I suggest video call. I am in Russia and cannot make it there because of my brother who wants my head on a platter. I promise I will compensate you for your troubles Mr Sullivan." I said back trying to charm him away because he was the family lawyer which meant he was my lawyer.

"Yes, your brother tried to access your trust fund and I told him you had already accessed it, it was a long shot since I did not know if you were alive or not but your father helped me so many times and that boy's story just did not add up. I held on reading both your parent's will since your body had not been found to confirm you dead." The man who had been the family's lawyer for so long said having me pause where I was too shocked to even say anything. He was a true friend of the family and I wished I could just hug him at this point.

"Thank you so much, he killed my parents and took over everything that is why I cannot come there. Please can you do this for me and I will give you two million for all your troubles." I said so happy I wanted to jump up and dance. Everything was happening fast and I had to sort a lot of things before the war came.

"That is so generous of you Miss Rosewood, let us switch to video chat." He said as I was fast to rush to my computer and dialling the number he gave on Skype. I dropped the phone call, happy as my neck had begun aching from bending, having to hold the phone against my shoulder.

"Let us get started then." The old wrinkled white man said as I nodded my head liking that we were going straight to business because we had a lot to change.
"Thank you for doing this again." I said to him knowing that this was usually done face to face where they would have you take a DNA test to prove that you were exactly who you say you are. People can change even appearances but no one can change DNA, yet.

"No problem, anything for Rosewood, I see you have a child?" It felt like a question than a statement as he looked shocked yet soon covered it up. He was sitting in a leather chair where you could see that he was in his office with a large painting behind him.

"Yes, this is Red, my daughter who we will talk about later. Let us start on the trust fund then Red and we will finish with the issue of my will."

Three hours later I was cutting the call while cooing the baby who was not having it anymore. I sighed thanking the lord for Mr Sullivan, things could not have gone even better, in a day the adoption papers would be mailed and the trust fund was going to be transferred to the named account in a week. The smile on my face was a sad one though, this was all because it may happen that one of us may die or even both of us and everything had to be left in order. Life was so unfair though, things were just good and everything would be taken away from me, everything I had dreamed of for years upon years taken in a matter of hours. Fear gripped me, fear in my every waking hour of what tomorrow carried. My eyes flickered to the baby who had wrapped her red fingers around my thumb with her glassy eyes on me. She was truly a beauty and how could my heart survive when she stared at me so? My mind drifted off to Alex, worry having me wondering where he was wasting away at this time yet I cleared my mind. I don't know why but there was just something that had me drawn to him, he was like the little brother I never had this making me make it a point to ask for his age. He looked young adding to his scary aura.

I was too tired to work yet not too tired to sleep during the day and the cravings were killing me. This was the time where I wished I had a professional chef who would just whip anything asked in a matter of an hour. I opened the laptop again, going to iTunes and playing a song before sitting back on the chair. Every inch of my body was sore and of course it was Rafael's fault, he left me sore every time he took me and I could not help but roll my eyes and laugh. I missed him and wondered if he was on his way back. My mind drifted off to the day we met. He had been so scary, and the day I had vomited my lungs out. It had been so embarrassing yet I could not help but giggle and swing around with the chair. I felt like dancing and I was soon up with the baby held up in the air, dancing to Troye Sivan and Ariana Grande- dance to this. Red was looking at me like 'lady have you gone crazy'. I could not help but laugh as I turned around, moving my body and head not caring that it probably looked like I was having a stroke. I threw Red in the air only to catch her and it seemed to brighten her day for a minute as she smiled then turned up giggling as I continued having me laugh myself.

She was so adorable and I was in love. I quickly grabbed my phone, putting the song on repeat. The camera was switched on as I took the selfie video. We danced and danced this being the funniest times of the day, I was spending time with this angel and what could make it even better was a moist chocolate cake with chocolate sauce dripping from the sides. I closed my eyes, already seeing it just on a plate ready for devouring. My eyes flickered open as the song began again.

"This is one of moms favourite songs, could never get tired of it." I said to no one in particular as the door open and there he was. My heart stopped beating as he walked in, his hoodie was thrown back to show his face. I caught my breath, blushing and going insane. My man was walking in, every part of me tingling and I was losing it. Was it crazy that I felt like I loved him more and more every day and it was getting insane? I wanted to say hi, wanted to say something but the cat had caught my tongue and there I was acting like a love sick puppy.

"Hi," He simply said and my knees were all wobbly and I was ready to collapse on the floor and never get up. I was not getting chocolate cake but why would I need it when he was here now.

"Hi," I said staring at him, dazed while moving my body a little to the beat. It was all going unnoticed that red was literally scratching half of my face off.

Rafael stopped in his tracks, turning to look at me with suspicious eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Like what?" I asked, laughing, not being able to control it as I blushed.

"Its weird." He said shaking his head. I walked up to him, wiggling my eye brows at him as he froze where he was. My hand went around his shoulder as I brought him in the hug, squeezing him tight and taking a big whiff of his scent.

"I missed you." I shamelessly said with my face turning as red as Red herself. He did not say anything yet his arms going around my waist and bringing me closer. My heart could not take such, my whole body was quivering with my blood rushing so fast with the heart working overtime. My world was complete. It was so amazing as I stood in his arms, him giving me a little tug up. His arms were so strong and they just held me so tight. He was just the devil sent to steal my heart and I was throwing it at him willingly.

The baby was in between us, probably asking herself why she was being squashed. It was a while before he let go and I slipped my arms from him and took a step back.

"Hi," I said again, dazed in a way. He placed a kiss on my forehead, my eyes closing before he pulled back. His eyes then went to the baby, staying there for a second as his face changed and he looked away.

"I got your milk, wipes and diapers." He said with his mood suddenly changed. I took a deep breath, cutting the video and watching as he made his way to his desk, pulling the chair back and sitting down. My heart ached as I saw him look down and flip through his papers. I nodded my head, bringing my hand to Red who was quick to wrap her tiny fingers around my thumb, pulling it with the intent of sucking. I smiled, not knowing what to say or do, maybe I was wrong and was bullying Rafael.

I walked up to his chair, pulling it back which was hard as he weighed a tone yet he pushed it back for me after my third try.

"Thank you." I said feeling silly as he looked up to me. I walked around the chair, sitting on him with my legs hanging on the side. I shifted until I was comfortable, hearing him sigh as he rolled his eyes yet if I did not do this then who would, I was the fiancé and I was totally invading his personal space. I paused on what I was doing, taken back for a second. When the hell did Rafael start rolling his eyes? I was shocked, chuckling, seeing a new side of him each and every day. He was really unfolding, my chest swelling at the thought of that.

"The adoption papers will arrive tomorrow and all we have to do is sign." I said watching as his jaw moved around seeing that he was really not wanting to hear this.

"Talk to me Rafael, I see you don't want this." I spoke up with my heart hammering from my throat. I really wanted Red, really wanted her but if he really did not then I don't know what. She was cute and so small, she was my person and I just fell in love with her and wanted to see her grown, be there when she took her first step or said her first word. It was crazy but I really wanted to be her mommy like my mom was to me.

"Lethu I don't want a baby, adopted or not. Don't want this, I just don't...."He trailed off, shaking his head with my heart breaking. I did not know what to say, should have just bullied him to it and stopped feeling guilty.

"I am sorry, I already have a daughter and I don't want another one."

Being hurt was not even close to describe what I felt. I held on to Red, as if she could understand what was being said. My mind could not help but go on to wonder on what he would have said if I had been pregnant, would he have told me to do an abortion? I did not know what to say or even do as I felt this emotion hit me like a brick on the face with the tears burning in my eyes.

"Okay then..." I swallowed. "I will adopt her myself and raise her all by myself, you can go and die all you want." I shot out, feeling so hurt as I stood up and walked away with the tears finally falling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.6K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
6.7M 129K 30
"You wanted more, more, more! You're nothing but a gold-digger!" He shouted, and I gasped. Rafael Luciano, the love of my life; a sweet, handsome, am...
226K 3.5K 63
Being lied to and sold probably is not a good thing to most people. But for Camilla it was worst then death. To Luciano it was necessary. What happen...
9.4M 196K 90
[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes such as mature content, language and sen...