W I T C H • Five Hargreeves X...

By Artistictia

"Look at her! She's just a witch in disguise!" Number Eight : The Witch Full name : (Y/n) Hargreeves Pronouns... More

W E L C O M E
Chapter 1 • We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Chapter 2 • A Delayed Reunion
Chapter 3 • The Funeral
Chapter 4 • Absolutely Nothing
Chapter 5 • Run Boy Run
Chapter 7 • Extra Ordinary
Chapter 8 • Quality Family Van Time
Chapter 9 • The Attack at Hargreeves Manor
Chapter 10 • Man on the Moon
Chapter 11 • The Horseman of the Apocalypse
Chapter 12 • Number Five
Chapter 13 • Dream a Little Dream
Chapter 14 • Ride of the Ice Cream Truck
Chapter 15 • The Day That Wasn't
Chapter 16 • Boom
Chapter 17 • The Day That Was
Chapter 18 • So Close
Chapter 19 • I Heard a Rumor
Chapter 20 • I Love You
Chapter 21 • Changes
Chapter 22 • One Day at a Time
Chapter 23 • Caged
Chapter 24 • The White Violin

Chapter 6 • Delores?

7.8K 234 427
By Artistictia

❤︎

She didn't know how long it took her to find her way back home. Maybe less than an hour or more, not that it really mattered to her. The sky was already turning a pinkish, purple sunset color. Her head was so filled with anger and hurt. It hurt her to know that Five had moved on, but she wasn't exactly angry at him. She was more angry at herself, in fact. Angry that she let her jealously get the best of her, when she knows she shouldn't really have.

(Y/n) sighed to herself as she continued down the road, her hands tucked into her pockets and keeping her eyes on the ground. It wasn't until she came across a familiar street she had seen several times that she snapped out of her thoughts. Seeing the sign for the studio up ahead, (Y/n) decided to clear her head by doing the one thing she knew would calm her.

She entered the front office area and saw a middle aged strawberry blonde woman, her hair tied up in a tight bun and dressed in black tights with a matching top, enter from another door. The rest of the place seemed empty, there were no students filling it as usual.

"Hey, Anais. Locking up already?" (Y/n) assumed.

Taking notice in the girl's arrival, Anais turned toward her. "Yeah, lessons ended a bit earlier than usual so everyone already left. I'm just locking up the studio."

"You think I can stick around a little longer? I kinda need to clear my head a little bit." The teen asked.

"Will you promise to return the key to the right apartment, this time?"

"Okay, first off, you said it was the one at the end but you didn't say which one." (Y/n) raised her arms in defense.

Her ex-instructor let out a short chuckle, tossing her the keys.

"Don't stay too long, (Y/n). I can see you haven't slept." Anais patted her shoulder before leaving out the door.

The teen rolled her eyes, somehow her ex-instructor could always tell if she didn't sleep or not. The two knew each other for years, Anais being like a second mother to her. She could always see past the walls that the young girl forged up, and for that (Y/n) slightly praised her for it.

"Yeah, yeah..."

She headed to the small locker room in the back, quickly changing out of her outfit into her extra ballet practice one. It was similar to the one her Anais was wearing, only the top was a light pink color, not black. Once she was fully changed, (Y/n) pulled her hair into a bun, tucking any loose strands behind her ears. She slipped on her pointe shoes and left the locker room.

(Y/n) walked on the polished wooden floors in the studio to the bars in front of the large mirror covering one of the walls completely. Before doing anything, she stressed out her limbs with the help of the wooden bar.

It's always important to stretch, her instructor would say before starting the lesson. She was right, of course. (Y/n) didn't want to get a cramp or anything after all.

After that, she went over to the CD player and put in one of her favorite songs, one that she often used for days like this. It was her go-to relaxing song, it helped put her at ease when the stress of training and Reginald got too much for her.

She closed her eyes and sucked into a long breath through her nose. Exhaling, (Y/n) began to move her body. This dance wasn't too difficult but it wasn't easy either, a fair challenge to her. She remembers this song from a recital where she was paired up with three other girls for the dance, all of them were probably in college by now.

(Y/n) remembers buying tickets for the others, including Reginald. Out of the all the living Hargreeves, only three of them came. Allison was filming for her new movie in LA so she wasn't able to make it and Diego claimed he was too busy saving the city from criminals to watch a ballet recital. His words stung and she became upset with him after that, maybe that was when the two of them began to drift away from each other.

And Reginald? Well, he never came for any of her recitals, despite the fact that she literally still lived with the man. While he was gracious enough to let her take ballet, he never bothered to make any effort to show up. Even Luther came to her recitals. She always wondered if Five or Ben would have liked her dancing.

Five. He came to her mind once again and he just wouldn't go away. The events that had taken place earlier flashed through her mind.

"You! God, it's always you!"

(Y/n) cringed in her head, and probably physically too.

It's always been Five, no matter what. If she was feeling sad, it was most likely about Five's disappearance. If she was angry, it was most likely about Five leaving her and the others behind. If she was happy, it was most likely about her remembering all the memories the two had together.

When (Y/n) began to scale down, she made a common ballet mistake. To step into arabesque, the dancer must only let their leg move while scaling down, not the upper body. It was a simple, common mistake. Even after years of practice, she often still made little mistakes like this.

Her instructor always liked to joke that when moving your upper body and not just your leg, the dancer looked like a plane about to land. When she first started, the amount of times the (h/c) haired girl did that was embarrassing.

Having enough dancing for one night, (Y/n) stopped in her tracks and turned off the CD player.

'Maybe I just have too much on my mind right now...' She thought.

When she went back into the locker room, the first thing she did was take out her phone to check any notifications that she had gotten. Some were from Instagram, a few were from Youtube just telling her that some of her favorite youtubers had uploaded. But there was one notification that immediately got (Y/n)'s attention, a text from a random number.

It's Five. Come to the Gimbel Brothers store, now.

"How the hell..." She mumbled to herself.

how the hell did you get my number??
where did you even get a phone??

Vanya gave me your number and I stole one.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes.

of course you did

Just come to Gimbel Brothers. There's someone I want you to meet.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows at the text, wondering who Five wanted her to meet. She knew by now that the store would have been closed, so why were they going there? While she deeply wanted to be petty and say no, she changed out of her ballet clothes, back into her regular ones and locked up the studio. She called out to the first taxi she saw and hurried inside it the moment it pulled over.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

Putting on her seatbelt, (Y/n) replied with, "Do you know where the Gimbel Brothers store is?"

-

By the time she had arrived, the store was already closed and the pink sky faded into a dark, rainy night. (Y/n) quickly paid the driver, thanking him and walked out in front of the store.

The taxi car drove away and the girl looked around, trying to think of a way to get into the store undetected. Rain patted down from the sky and the dark and empty parking lot put her on high alert.

A hand clamped onto her shoulder, startling the girl. (Y/n) formed an sharp ice spear from the rain water, pointing it to the person who had frightened her. The person ended up being a familiar dark haired and green eyed boy.

"Woah, woah! Relax, it's just me." Five raised his hands up to shield himself.

(Y/n) sighed in relief, the spear dissolving into pure water and falling to the ground.

"Christ, Five. I could've killed you!" She exclaimed.

"But you didn't."

(Y/n) grumbled under her breath as she crossed her arms.

"Why are we meeting the person here? The store's closed. How exactly are we gonna get in?" She asked.

"Easy," Five grabbed onto her arm, spacial jumping them inside the store. "Like that."

(Y/n) stumbled on her feet, catching herself from falling. It's been years since she spacial jumped with him so she wasn't quite used to the power yet.

"Come on, she should be around here somewhere." Five told her.

"Who exactly are we looking for?"

He grabbed a small flashlight from a nearby crate, turning it on and flashing it to her.

"I'll tell you when I see her."

Begrudgingly, she began to follow him around the dark and quiet store. It was strange seeing a usual store was filled with shoppers and workers empty. Now, it just gave her a bad feeling.

After walking down several isles, Five's face lit up as he saw what- or who he was looking for. He approached a small stand where three mannequins were standing. (Y/n) watched as her best friend began to talk to the one with a red wig.

"Delores." He whispered lovingly.

(Y/n) was confused until she remembered the name of the person Five said he was with for over 30 years. Delores.

"It's good to see you. I've missed you, obviously."

"Wait, this is...?" She questioned, not believing it for a moment.

Five turned around to her, smiling. "(Y/n), meet Delores."

The girl moved her eyes back and forth from the mannequin to the boy next to her. Many questions were forming on her mind in that moment but she could only get out one question.

"You do realize that's a mannequin, right?"

Five was about to reply when, ever so quietly, he heard footsteps inside the store that clearly wasn't their own. He turned his head to see two people in blue suits with masks on. He knew straight away who these people were.

In a flash, they pulled out their guns and pointed it at them.

"No!"

He pulled himself and (Y/n) down to the ground in between some clothing racks. Bullets flew everywhere around him at the two stayed in their spots. The mannequins that stood on the stands broke apart from the force of the bullets.

"Oh shit, it's them!"

The (h/c) haired girl laying next to him covered her head from the debris of the raining bullets.

"Who's them?!" She yelled.

The boy didn't answer her, instead he ran into the gun fire and proceeded to grab the mannequin so called "Delores". (Y/n) almost wanted to face palm, if they weren't in so much danger as of right now then she definitely would have punched Five's perfect jawline.

Five ran back to cover and pushed the now bald and half shot up mannequin into her arms.

"I'll be right back for you two! Stay here!"

(Y/n) stared at the boy in disbelief. "You're not really gonna leave me here with it, are you?!"

Once again, Five ignored her and ran throughout some of the isles, the two masked shooters following.

"Five!"

Groaning, she looked down at the store mannequin in her arms. The empty and false eyes sent small shivers down her spine. Even though she deeply wanted to join in the fight, (Y/n) followed Five's instructions and stayed put.

More gunfire rained onto them, Five spacial jumping in between racks. Not wanting carry the damn doll, (Y/n) noticed a green duffel bag stuffed into another crate close to her. She quickly grabbed one and shoved Delores into it. She hoped Five wouldn't mind for a bit.

"Did you see that?" The one with the pink mask asked her partner.

"You said he was special. So now what?" He replied.

"You start over there, I'll go over to the other end. Meet in the middle. Shoot anything that moves."

The two of them flashed their gun lights across the store, looking around for any movement.

From behind a counter, Five picked up a gardening trowel and jumped behind the one in the pink mask. While her back was turned, he sliced at her back, causing her to shriek out in pain. Seeing this, the blue masked partner shot at him. Five barely managed to jump in time to run down another isle.

The woman got back up and fired to where the boy ran, missing each time. But Five accidentally got into the view of the other partner, and a few bullets from the man's shotgun was fired at him.

(Y/n) slightly jumped when Five finally got back to her.

"Where's Delores?" Five asked.

"She's in the bag, you can finish your weird reunion later but first we need to get out of here!" She answered, putting the duffel bag onto her back.

The two crawled under some racks they hid in and saw figures across the store, still searching for them. They ran, crouching down on their feet, to the exit but the taller masked guy saw them first.

He shot at them, just missing Five and (Y/n) as they made their way down the store. The brown haired boy grabbed onto the girl's arm, attempting to spacial jump but nothing happened.

Five raised his head over the rack when he noticed there was no more gunfire and saw that the two masked shooters were reloading their guns.

He tried to take advantage of this moment and clenched his fists to jump while the girl next to him held onto his arm. But alas, it failed once more.

"Shit! Come on!"

"What the hell's wrong with your power?" (Y/n) questioned.

"I used it so much that I'm too tired to jump!" Five began to explain, ducking under another isle. "We're gonna have to make a run to the exit!"

The gunfire began to start again and the two teens jumped over an isle as bullets flew. They tried to continue running to the exit but the shooters had already caught up, flashing their gun lights at them.

"Got him!"

The wailing sirens could be heard from a distance as they grew closer. The two partners turned to see that police cars had arrived just outside the building and when they went back to face the boy and girl, they were already gone from their sight.

"The bastard jumped again with that girl he was with." Sighed the tall one.

"Come on, let's go."

As they walked away, defeated to leave the store, both of them failed to notice the two teens panting and sitting underneath one of the cash registers. Five and (Y/n) clung onto each other as if their lives depended on it, sweat dripping down their faces.

Pulling her closer to his chest, Five rested his head onto her own, sighing as the adrenaline began to wear off. Neither of them said a word as they were still trying to calm down after what had just taken place a few moments ago.

After taking a breather, they finally left the store. Avoiding the police was easy enough, but walking all the way home was tiring. (Y/n) was exhausted, not having slept the night before and craved some form of rest. Five basically dragged her up the stairs when they arrived home.

Once they reached the top of the staircase, the duo ran into a concerned Allison and confused Luther.

"Five? (Y/n)? What the hell happened to you two?" Allison questioned.

Luther stared at his younger yet older brother and his sister, slightly worried. "Are you okay? Can we help?"

He went to softly touch Five's shoulder but the boy grabbed his wrist before it could make any physical contact with him.

"There's nothing you can do." Five whispered.

"There's nothing any of you can do."

Five carefully walked over the debris that laid everwhere, pulling along a red wagon he found with his new companion, Delores, laying in it.

Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks, seeing something poking out of the rubble. He quickly went over to see what it was and found a black gloved hand, a bloody glass eye was held in it.

Five ripped it out of the hand and inspected it up close. His fingers became bloody and he pondered about the eye, he glanced back over to the hand buried in broken concrete when he saw the face of a man, his face covered in dust and dirt and his eyes closed. The face seemed vaguely familiar, Five knew him from somwhere. That's when it hit him.

It was Luther.

Shocked, Five looked over the rest of the debris and saw another body laying face down in it. His tanned skin and brown hair told him who this was immediately.

Diego.

He shook his brother's older body, trying to find some form of reaction, but there was none. Just a few feet away, someone else's body could be seen. Her dark hair was bleached a light blonde at the end of her curls and the dust covered her face so much, Five could just barely recognize her.

Allison.

A dark haired man's body laid onto the broken bricks and concrete, and for a moment, he hoped, just hoped that it wasn't who he thought it was. But the all too familiar black umbrella tattoo on the man's wrist gave it away.

Klaus.

One more body laid just right next to Klaus', it was much smaller than the rest of them. Red converse peeked out of the rubble, and the face of a girl was shown just enough for him to see. Her normal, kind and bright (e/c) eyes were closed and her lips just opened a tiny bit, making it look like she was only sleeping. Oh how Five wished that was the case.

(Y/n).

Five weakly stumbled onto his knees as tears brimmed his eyes. Bloody scrapes covered his knees but he could care less. He hurried to push away all the rocks and rubble on top of her, his hands aching but he continued. Grabbing onto her body, Five wept in shaky sobs, holding her as if she would disappear from his arms.

Please come back. Please.

❤︎

A/N: Since the last chapter was pretty long, I decided to cut this one down a bit shorter. But here we have it! We finished the second episode! The beginning of the third episode will probably be out sometime this week or the end of this week.

EDIT: I changed the chapter title name because I didn't like the original one.

If any of you guys have some tips on writing or how I can improve, please comment or even separately DM me. Anyway, please vote and comment! Stay safe, wear your masks and wash your hands!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 5K 22
Imagine, instead of seven, Hargreaeves managed to adopt eight. However, like Number Five, Number eight went missing... Only to appear somewhere else...
575K 10.3K 30
"Cute husband you have. Always cares about his family," The Handler says as she puts on her sunglasses. "Why don't you try and get a husband of your...
54.8K 975 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
122K 2.7K 24
[𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝟷] "Laney!" Five gave a weary shout. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't think-" "Exactly! You didn't think!" Elaina snapped...