Chain || Mark Lee

By mochi729

"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds h... More

Chapter One:Pocky
Chapter Two:Lies
Chapter Three:Truths
Chapter 4:Found
Chapter 5:Understand
Chapter 6:No Choice
Chapter 7:Inspection
Chapter 8:Let's Talk
Chapter 9:Brother Problems
Chapter 10:Moving In
Chapter 11:First Mission
Chapter 12:Code Red
Chapter 13:Boy
Chapter 14:Side Effects
Chapter 15:Confusion
Chapter 16:Think Fast
Chapter 17:Irregular
Chapter 18:Caught in a Lie
Chapter 19:Out of Love
Chapyer 20:Bye My First
Chapter 21:Oh My God
Chapter 22:Danger
Chapter 23:I'm Fine
Chapter 24:Oh
Chapter 25:Different
Chapter 26:What Comes Around
Chaoter 27:Family is Everything
Chapter 28:Promise
Chapter 29:Surprises
Chapter 30:Calm Down
Chapter 31:Problems
Chapter 32:No Way
Chapter 32.5:Finally
Chapter 33:Seriously?
Chapter 34:History
Chapter 35:Truth Untold
Chapter 37:Backup
Chapter 38:Gameplan
Chapter 39:Back Door
Chapter 40:Final Round
Epilogue 1:All I Need
Epilogue 2:Lucky
Epilogue 3:Together
Epilogue 4:Dream

Chapter 36:But

9.2K 327 250
By mochi729

"There's no way."Mark muttered through the silence of the room.

"Mark this note says it all, it's her handwriting."Doyoung informed him.

The note had been left on her desk, but Doyoung was the only one that saw it. He handed the note to Mark to read. Mark read it, but he only threw it to the side. Taeyong picked it up to read instead. The others were still mourning. They didn't want it to be true, but the truth was right in front of them.

Mark got up and paced around the room searching for answers or at least something that would make sense of her actions. Yes, the note was something, but it wasn't enough; not for him. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, but then he noticed it.

"The window is open!"He shouted out loud, a hint of hope glossed his thoughts.

"And?"Johnny questioned, confused as to why Mark would shout something out like that at a time like this.

Jaemin looked at Mark, knowing what he meant by the window.

"Yeonmi is scared of opening windows or leaving them open."Jaemin explained for him.

"Maybe she opened it for once."

"No, there's no way she would. Something happened here."

"Mark, we can see her corpse. She killed herself, that's the only thing that's happened here."Ten cried.

Mark looked out the window, looking for anything out of the ordinary. This small sliver of hope was everything to him. He looked out the window, peering out so far he could've fallen out.

"There's a security camera broken outside. We would've fixed it, if it was broken. Someone broke it."

"Mark, stop it."Jaehyun tried to reason, but Mark wasn't having it,

Mark went closer to Yeonmi's body and pulled forward her, so that she was laying on her stomach. Blood dripped on his hands, and went all over the sheets.

"Mark, what the hell are you doing?"Jaemin questioned as he stared at Yeonmi's corpse.

He wasn't listening, he was too focused on his theory. He grabbed hold of the hem of her shirt and ripped it open. It split in half, and her back was exposed. His eyes lit up, he was right.

"Yeonmi has a mole on her back. There's no mole on this body."This one comment made everyone question.

"You could've just lifted the shirt."Johnny muttered under his breath.

"Let him be dramatic."Haechan comforted.

"Taeyong, someone abducted her and left this body and that note to make it seem like she killed herself."Mark exclaimed.

However, Taeyong wasn't listening. Instead he went over next to Mark by Yeonmi's bed. He lifted up the mattress and grabbed the notebook that was there. The other members looked at him in shock as he flipped through the pages.

"Taeyong?"Jaehyun questioned as he flipped through the pages.

"This was from Yeonmi's diary, look!"Taeyong showed everyone the book, and there was a single page ripped out. "The page after says how she couldn't do it. Guys, this isn't Yeonmi; it's an imposter. We've got to figure out what's happened."

Everyone was on alert. They sobered up their tears and were prepared, even when it was 3am. It was already obvious to all of them who had committed the crime, they just needed to know what happened and how. Taeyong shouted out instructions, they all dispersed to do their task afterwards.

Ten, Sicheng, and Haechan went to check the security system. Kun and Renjun went to the safe house to get Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang. Johnny, Jaehyun, and Jungwoo were going to inspect the corpse. Taeil, Yuta, Doyoung, Jeno, and Jaemin went to inspect the yard; especially around where Yeonmi's window was. Taeyong, Lucas, Mark, Chenle, and Jisung got into a car to inform and check in on their allies.

Those visiting allies got changed into simple black clothes before speeding off. Taeyong drove them to Red Velvet's home first, making sure that their sisters weren't also attacked. He was well above the speed limit, but it didn't matter to him. No one was around, and regardless they had the money to pay the ticket.

When they arrived at the house, Taeyong led the boys through the gate a to the front door. He went through all the security measures and opened the door with ease.

"Taeyong, isn't this dangerous? They're trained assassins and we're entering their house before the sun is up."Jisung whispered, still a bit shaken from everything.

"We're perfectly fine. I'll go wake up and check on Irene. Mark check on Wendy. Chenle, to check on Joy. Lucas, go check on Yeri. Jisung, go check on Seulgi. Only check to make sure they're there and alive, after leave immediately. Irene decides on what's happening."Taeyong instructed as they headed up the stairs.

~~~

"This is impossible, but I guess it's possible now."Ten observed as he checked over the security systems.

"They shut everything down, all the sensory alarms, all the cameras, and the defensive measures."Sicheng exasperated as he rushed to activate all of them.

Haechan stood next to them, not being able to do much. Ten was checking over everything on his tablet, and Sicheng was at the computer activating everything. Haechan went to grab a tablet and began to check over the security camera footage that they had.

It had cut off only a few minutes after they had come home from Blue Box. Even when rewinding the footage, there was nothing there. At all views, nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Oh, this is all my fault."Ten stressed and grabbed his hair.

"Hyung, you couldn't have known this was going to happen.''Haechan tried to comfort him.

"No, you don't understand. I was supposed to install an upgraded security system yesterday, but we all went to Blue Box to relax instead. Maybe if I installed the system, they wouldn't have been able to break in."Ten was a mess.

"Guys, the computer history says that everything was shut down at the same time."Sicheng shouted out.

"That can't be right. Our systems have multiple layers, it would take twenty minutes to manually shut everything down."Haechan mentioned, but then the gears in his head started turning. "What if they temporarily cut the power? If there's no power then the security system wouldn't work."

Sicheng and Ten looked at Haechan with surprised faces. It was possible, all they had to do was figure out how they cut the power. If they found that out, they had a good chance at figuring out where they took Yeonmi.

~~~

Jaehyun and Jungwoo remained in Yeonmi's room, staring at the corpse on her bed. The smell of the blood was disturbing, but nothing they weren't already used to. Johnny left to go get supplies from his office, and he would be back in a minute.

When he came back he had a bag in his hand, gloves for all of them, and face masks. He quickly got to work. With the help of Jaehyun, Johnny flipped the corpse onto its back; leaving it face up. Jaehyun backed away and turned to face the wall, he knew it wasn't really her, but seeing her face on a dead corpse just felt too real.

"Jaehyun, you were close to her. It's okay if you can't take this."Jungwoo placed a hand on his back to comfort him.

"I'm okay. If everyone else can function, I need to as well."Jaehyun shook off his thoughts and turned back around, "so, what are we doing here?"He asked Johnny.

"I want to figure out who this girl actually is. I want to know how they convinced her to do this, or if she was actually executed. I want to know how they were able to make her face and body look 99% like Yeonmi's."Johnny sounded frustrated, it was obvious.

He opened up his bag and pulled out some sort of scanner. He turned it on and scanned the fingers of the corpse. The scanner beeped and Johnny checked his phone. In a second he baseball pitched his phone across the room. It hit the wall and the screen shattered on impact. This startled both Jaehyun and Jungwoo.

"Johnny?"Jungwoo cautiously asked.

"The fingerprints pull up an unknown file. No name, no age, nothing."Johnny continued to examine the body whilst frustrated. "You would think her brother would know to add a mole to this corpse after all he's done to her. It's like he forgot on purpose to mess with us, and that's really pissing me off."

"Johnny, there are ligature marks on her ankles and wrists. This person was held against their will."Jaehyun mentioned.

Johnny looked it over and there were marks.

"They either tortured her so much she was convinced this was her only option, or they brought her here, killed her, and placed the gun in her hand."Jungwoo explained.

~~~

Taeil, Yuta, Doyoung, Jeno, and Jaemin had their weapons drawn as they went around the property. In case anyone was still around, they needed to be ready to attack. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary in their yard, except for some footprints in the dirt.

The group approached Yeonmi's window. It was high up from the ground, since it was on the second floor. The security camera was broken, and there were marks in the ground as if a ladder had been placed there. The fence was perfectly intact, with no signs of damage.

"So they got to her window. They broke the security camera near it, brought a ladder, and a whole person. Went up to her window, opened the window, went into her room, found a way to kidnap her, got the note from her diary, left through the window, and then this person shot themself in Yeonmi's bed."Taeil tried to make sense of the situation.

"Yeonmi is skilled, there's no possible way she could've been captured that easily, especially if their method of escape was through a window."Jaemin commented, still a bit shaken by the whole thing.

Doyoung continued inspecting the ground, using the flashlight on his phone to look for anything. Something caught his eye and he bent down to pick it up.

"Guys, I found a safety pin." Doyoung announced. "What if they were able to kidnap her because they gassed her room? A small amount would be able to fill her room, but not enough to go anywhere else."

"They were able to think of doing this after what happened today. How sick are they?"Jeno questioned.

"There's no way they would be able to plan this in one day."Jaemin muttered.

"It's all too complicated for them to do in one day. The person was an exact copy of Yeonmi, that would take time. Sneaking into our home is not a simple task either. This must've been planned a long time ago, they just needed the right day to execute it."Yuta explained, "knowing how tight security is from Sicheng, it would take more than a few hours to figure out a way to pass it."

"We need to get her back. I'm already scared for her."Jaemin stressed.

~~~

Somebody, save me.

||

Y'all make me so happy. Just seeing all these Wattpad notifications pop up on my phone warms my heart.

Stream Make a Wish! Oh and leave any questions/comments/anything if you have something for me!
-Celine❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 103K 77
↻ Mafia/Gang au ↻"God you're the best thing that has happened to me I swear."
262K 6.9K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...
330K 13K 88
"People like me don't get happy endings." "What if I changed that for you?" What happens when the most feared mafia boss in the world opens up a trai...
114K 2.9K 33
✶ Mafia AU ✶ "Can we be more than rivals?" A mafia AU in which Nam Yeona and Na Jaemin meet finding out the two have history with each other. COMPLE...