HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

Από Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... Περισσότερα

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 39

3.9K 142 5
Από Nyanya_Writes

FERRACCO'S POV

No one has ever looked so beautiful in the morning than her. Sunlight filtered through the curtains and kissed her golden blond hair. Her porcelain skin glowed in the warm light. Her long ebony eyelashes laid on her creamy cheeks.

"Dio!," l breathed out as my eyes caressed over her sleeping form.

She was the epitome of perfection and l was struck again by how lucky l was. But for how long? I left the question hanging in the air and focused on staring at her instead.

Her cherry mouth was pouted invitingly . I fought the urge to take her into my arms and kiss the hell out of her.

For the first time in six years , l had slept peacefully like a baby. Surprisingly when l was with her l didn't get those nightmares. It was the same six years ago . Her presence in my bed was like a talisman , wading off terrible dreams.

I gently stroked her satin cheek as I recalled the first time l laid my eyes on her. I had fallen in love with her right that instant but back then , she was beyond my reach.

It was fourteen years ago when l first met Jane. She had escorted her parents to St Mary's orphanage to hand out Christmas gifts. I still remember the smile she gave me when she handed me my gift. After a dreadful year of living in the orphanage , her bright smile had been like bathing in sunlight. At that moment no one had looked so beautiful than her.

Her warm smile had calmed a raging storm inside me. Before she came , l was prepared to run away from the orphanage but when l saw her l changed my mind. I just had to see her again.

I always waited eagerly for a day she and her parents would visit the orphanage again. Almost every boy in the orphanage was infatuated with her but none of us dared come close to her. Her father would glare at us if we looked at her in any wrong way.

I was so heartbroken when she stopped visiting the orphanage the next year. I heard rumours among the other kids that her parents had send her abroad to study.

I clenched my hand into a fist when l recalled the face of Augusto Castio. The man was a devil incarnate who hid behind an angelic facade.

He smiled at the whole world and pretended to sympathise with other people's pain by donating millions of dollars to various orphanages. He cared about no one else but only wanted to boast his reputation.

Jane adored her father very much. She wasn't aware of how evil he was when he was still alive.

I felt Jane stir in my arms. Her sleepy eyes opened and she looked around the room in confusion. Her eyes then landed on me and they widened in panic.

A smile broke out on my face at the horrified look on her face. Her eyes traced my bare chest in horror. The smile on my face widened knowing what she was thinking.

Sometime during the night, l had woken up and removed my shirt. I always slept with my chest bare. Jane flipped open the blankets and gazed down at her body. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she saw that she was still fully dressed. I burst out into laughing. She threw me an exasperated look.

"What were you thinking, Jane?"

Her cheeks flushed red. I loved it when she blushed like that in front of me. It reminded me of the first night she gave herself to me.

"I was feeling hot in the blankets so l needed fresh air," she defended herself and pretended that she was hot by fanning herself with her hand.

I tapped her button nose and laughed again. Jane playfully slapped my hand away.

"What's so funny?, " she taunted.

I arched an eyebrow at her.

"You thought that l got up in the middle of the night and took advantage of you. Isn't it?," l chuckled.

Jane gasped in shock.

"Ferracco ! You stupid brat.."

I dodged the pillow she threw at me.

"Don't deny it . That's exactly what you thought when you saw yourself in my bed."

She huffed out an annoyed breath. I flashed her a mischievous smirk. I really enjoyed seeing her getting worked up.

"Don't worry , princess. I won't claim you while half drunk. I have dreamed of that moment for the past six years. When l do , l will be sober and l grant you it will be a special night for you to remember," l winked at her afterwards.

I saw her struggling to hide the smile which threatened to break out on her face. She got up from the bed and threw me another pillow.

"In your dreams , Mr Lucas Moretti. I am not one of those stupid girls who would fall at your feet starry eyed. I won't give in to you."

"We will see about that , princess," l shouted at her retreating figure.

A smile crept on my face.

Soon Jane! Soon , l will make you rightfully mine!

~****~

JANE'S POV

I rushed into my room blushing. Steamy dreams of Ferracco had haunted me all night that when l woke up in his bed , l had thought for a moment that those dreams were real.

I was so mortified when the events of last night replayed in my brain. Ferracco must be laughing his head off at my reaction!

The ringing of my cellphone jolted me out of my thoughts. Claudius's name flashed on the screen. It's been two weeks since l last saw him.

"Jane , l have to meet you."

His voice sounded desperate.

~****~

I racked a hand through my blond hair for the umpteenth time feeling frustrated. My mind was spinning a million directions at once debating on what to do.

I tried to concentrate on the file displayed on my desktop screen but the words seemed to be dancing before my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm down my messed up nerves. I was stuck in a dilemma.

The sound of the door opening jerked me out of my thoughts. Felicia walked in with a huge grin playing on her face. She was holding yet another bouquet of red roses.

I sighed and buried my face in my hands. Not again!

"Delivery for the stunning Mrs Jane Moretti," she chuckled as she placed the bouquet on my table.

The sweet fragrance wafted in my tiny office. I rolled my eyes at Felicia's attempt to crack a stupid joke.

"It's not funny, Felicia. This thing is now getting on my nerves."

"Mr Lucas Moretti is really determined to win you back," Felicia observed.

"I told him to stop sending me flowers but he said he won't stop until l have agreed to go to a dinner date with him," l said with a sigh.

Felicia threw back her head and laughed.

"Playing hard to get, Jane. I didn't know of this mischievous side of you. But you are right. After everything he did to you , let him sweat for it."

For the past week, Ferracco had been sending me flowers every morning . The flowers were accompanied by letters asking me to dinner. I ignored all of it and threw the letters in the trash. I wasn't going to make things easy for him.

I rarely saw him at home these days. He leaves early in the morning and returns late at night when everyone was dead asleep. Bianca told me he was working on an important project.

"At this rate, you will soon open your own flower shop," Felicia chuckled.

I shot her an annoyed look.

"It's getting irritating now. I am going to put a stop to this," l said as l grabbed my handbag.

"Jane! Wait! Where are you off to?," Felicia shouted after me.

A/N: Whoop's ! Ferracco knew Jane a long time ago. Which of you are curious of this entangled love story hahaha

And which of you missed our dear lawyer?😜😜

Stay tuned.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

LOST LOVE Από Aphrodite

Ρομαντική

141K 4.3K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
376K 11K 44
Emily deceives Emeline her twin sister and all her family members. She crushed their souls and nearly brought disgrace to the family. You can't do th...
2.8M 79.7K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...
3.7K 365 56
'MARRIAGE' is the holy grail for two people who call themselves soulmates or lovers. Fighting the world, and overcoming all the obstacles, they tie...