The Deep Blue βœ“

By bjorghalla

"This Princess doesn't bow" From a young age Isolde has always felt she did not belong in the world. Lost and... More

🌊 I 🌊
🌊 II 🌊
🌊 III 🌊
🌊 IV 🌊
🌊 V 🌊
🌊 VI 🌊
🌊 VII 🌊
🌊 VIII 🌊
🌊 IX 🌊
🌊 XI 🌊
🌊 XII 🌊
🌊 XIII 🌊
🌊 XIV 🌊
🌊 XV 🌊
🌊 XVI 🌊
🌊 XVII 🌊
🌊 XVIII 🌊
🌊 XIX 🌊
🌊 XX 🌊
🌊 XXI 🌊
🌊 XXII 🌊
🌊 XXIII 🌊
🌊 XXIV 🌊
🌊 XXV 🌊
🌊 XXVI🌊
🌊 XXVII 🌊
🌊 XXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXIX 🌊
🌊 XXX 🌊
🌊 XXXI 🌊
🌊 XXXII 🌊
🌊 XXXIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIV 🌊
🌊 XXXV 🌊
🌊 XXXVI 🌊
🌊 XXXVII 🌊
🌊 XXXVIII 🌊
🌊 XXXIX 🌊
🌊 XL 🌊
🌊 XLI 🌊
🌊 XLII 🌊
🌊 XLIII 🌊
🌊 XLIV 🌊
🌊 XLV 🌊
🌊 XLVI 🌊
🌊 XLVII 🌊
🌊 XLVIII 🌊
🌊 XLIX 🌊
🌊 L 🌊
🌊 LI 🌊
🌊 LII 🌊
🌊 LIII 🌊
🌊 LIV 🌊
🌊 LV 🌊
🌊 LVI 🌊
🌊 LVII 🌊
🌊 LVIII 🌊
🌊 LVIX 🌊
🌊 LX 🌊
🌊 LXI 🌊
🌊 LXII 🌊
🌊 LXIII 🌊
🌊 LXIV 🌊
🌊 LXV 🌊
🌿 The Nature 🌿

🌊 X 🌊

1.2K 89 2
By bjorghalla

"The water sings if you know how to listen"

10|THE COLD TOUCH

The kiss that they share does not last long for Isolde's mind gets dragged back into reality and she with all her force pushes him away from her. He is much stronger than her (and she did not know the water was helping him stand) so she ends up nearly falling backwards but she is able to hold her legs standing in the water for the strangest reason, as if she is being held up by something but there is nothing and no one holding her at all. There is anger rising within the girl and it is directed at him.

She narrows her eyes at him in pure anger and glares at him, if her glare had actual daggers then they would be deep within his skull and she would be grinning. Isolde's first kiss has been taken from her by a man and she will not allow that to happen. Though deep down she knew she had it coming for her because of all the pranks and tricks that she plays on others. Thomas smirks at her while she is glaring at him and she wonders if he is amused by this as she was mused by the bee nest falling on his head.

"I will end your miserable existence if you ever try that again!" She speaks, her voice low and angry. One can hear the threat and if knowing her she will live up to it. Isolde is not one to make empty threats. She ones cuts of the hair of her friend for betraying her (of course after threatening her about it). Needless to say the two of them were never friends after that again. Thomas however doesn't move as he is still amused by this and it only makes her anger even worse than it is.

To make matters worse she is also soaking wet, her dress is soaking up the water in the ocean and whole she has always liked the water she recently bathed and she does not have another dress to change out of. "If I were to fall the world will fall with me. It is I who gives life to the world. Sure enough I do not grow the plantation yet I am what gives them water that comes from the sky and the oceans and lakes that scatter the world is all created by me and my existence. Killing me would doom the whole world to extinction" He calmly speaks.

The anger is only rising within her with every second that passes, he doesn't laugh at her nor does he taunt her with his words but the way that he looks at her, it is a mixture of amusement and pleasure. She hates it. She walks past him in the water, back to the shore where the sand will greet her. Leaving him alone there. She is not even sure what she was doing in the ocean. When thinking about it, all she sees in her mind's eye is the kiss that she wishes could leave her mind alone.

It haunts her like a ghost that wants nothing more than to tear her apart from the inside out but Isolde is much stronger than a ghost or a kiss that she did not even like or that is what she is trying to tell her. While the kiss itself might not have lasted for a long time she found herself enjoying it and perhaps it was the maiden in her but she found herself wanting more and wanting to never end. The Princess despises herself for thinking that and tries her hardest to ignore those thoughts.

She did not turn her head to look at him as she knew that he followed her, despite she not wanting him to but she is starting to learn that he's everywhere. After a while she has had enough of that man and turns around. Isolde's body is soaked but the top of her head remains dry and the only dry place on her body as her dress is wet and heavy. "Why do you follow me so? If one were to see us a scandal would break out. For a woman that will destroy me and I will not allow you to destroy my hopes in a better future" She speaks, partly lying.

Princess Isolde would not care that much if she is seen as a scandal, it would make things better for she has not plans to ever marry a man only to have him control her, if she were to marry she would choose a man that would not mind her controlling him. Though where can she find such a man? Men only want power. It is what all women have seen and she has seen it in her father when he had Elizabeth engaged to a King for an alliance.

When he doesn't say anything and only looks at her... no looks behind her she grows rather confused and she doesn't know what is happening to him as his face remains emotionless and blank, like a sheet of paper that has yet to be written a beautiful poem. He doesn't move nor does he seem to be breathing so when she looks at him for a second and her pale green eyes study him. She can see that this man is perfect in every way that she has seen and she hates how she is attractive to a man that she certainly doesn't like being around yet likes at the same time.

Thomas is staring at something but she doesn't hear what he sees as there are just the two of them in the forest that she had walked into when she came from the sandy beach so when she turns around she is just as stunned as he is and she freezes when she sees what he had been staring at before. The fear creeping to her and it doesn't hide its presence in her body nor on her face.

In front of them, though a bit far from them is something walking in the forest. She doesn't hear it but she sees it and she wonders if she is actually seeing it for real or if she has gotten sucked into madness which she is starting to believe is her curse. It is a creature. Taller than a house but not taller than the castle that she grew up in, it's so large and it stands out in the green and brown forest for it is in the royal blue shade. It stands on two feet and has hands like a human but the face is like a troll that she has seen draws of.

Perhaps it is a troll but perhaps it is something else. A scream is eager to escape past her lips but she is petrified to the spot and her body doesn't want to move. The creature is walking somewhere, it is going sideways and thankfully not towards them but it is equally as scary as if it would be and she is grateful that it has not seen them. Isolde doesn't catch a good look at it and nor does she want to.

Once the frighting creature has walked away from her view, yet still never making a sound. No leaves move when it walks as if it was never there at all, Isolde can finally breathe better and swallows the fear that came from her and as she is coming back to the world she realizes that her hands had found themselves holding Thomas' arms for protection. She literally jumps back away from him yet he remains the same as if he had frozen in time so she uses that opportunity to sneak away from him, only so that he would leave her alone but she has a feeling that soon he will be following her again, much to her display.

With confusion in mind and that creature she goes back to the house, wondering what kind of a lecture she is going to get from the woman when she returns wearing wet clothes. Not could she tell her about Thomas for she would say that Satan has invited himself into her life (Satan would not be Thomas though but desire) and he would steal her away to be her downfall. That Isolde knew and she has heard it many times from men who want to control her, that desire from a woman is a sin.

Walking into the house she is surprised by the silence that she is being presented with as she would suspect that Agatha would be deep in her chores of cleaning and from years of knowing the woman she knows that she would always hum or mumble some poets or songs that she had heard over the years. Isolde walks in there and when she doesn't see the woman she starts to grow worried but nothing shocks her more when her eyes do find where the woman is.

And what she is doing. Like Thomas had been Agatha is frozen to the spot, she is sitting down on the ground, picking up what looks like a small branch that must have been blown inside. Beside here there is a bucket of water with a small rag on the edge of the bucket. Isolde cannot help but stare as droplets over water are floating in midair. It reminds her of what Thomas had done when he had chased away that man, brought the water up from the ground and the bucket and made it float but this is different, she can feel it.

Having a hard time breathing she backs away from the woman and into a wall of the house, the walls itself feels colder than anything that she has ever touched in her life. It brings these horrible shivers down her entire body that doesn't go away and it doesn't want to leave her alone. Her heart pounds within her chest like never before and it senses the danger around her as the fear is striking hard on her body. She gulps as she slowly walks over to the woman that Isolde does care for.

Wondering if she is paying her for the tricks that she has done but it would make be clear to her why Agatha had gotten the same idea to do what Thomas had done only moments ago. The troll like creatures flashed before her eyes as she steps closer to Agatha. Not knowing why this fear lingers in her and is trying to bury itself deep within her bones where it will stay there to only bring her terror and fright whenever it wants. Standing in front of the woman she bends down and gently touches her with her index finger in the shoulder.

The touch was so light that it was barely even there but as soon as she made contact with the woman's sleeved dress she feels this tense amount of burn but it was so cold that her body is shocked because of how cold it is. She pulls her finger towards her and backs away from the woman with a look of fright on her face. Then once her pale green eyes look down at her finger she sees that it has gotten reddish pink but is starting to turn purple, it's alarming and she is afraid.

More afraid that she has been, she wonders if this is what death looks like and she has fallen prey to it yet her memory cannot find any sort of event where she could've landed in the claws of death except for the ocean but she never went that deep into it. An idea comes to her mind and she takes off running out of the house, yet she is careful to not touch anything as pain is still coming from her finger and it doesn't seem it will get better at any time soon as the pain is there to stay.

Each step that she takes the coldness from the ground is making her body feel cold and it is freezing. And the wetness of her dress doesn't help her either as the water cool down and touches her skin she feels the bitter cold like if it were in the middle of winter when all around her there are hints of greens and life yet nothing moves. She runs through the forest until she has found the person that she is looking for. Thomas or rather Poseidon as he calls himself (though she doesn't believe the name suits him at all).

Still he is in the same position as he was before, staring out into the forest. The Princess slowly walks over to him, careful to not touch him as she is still feeling the pain from touching Agatha. However she held his arms before when she saw that troll and she did not feel cold and while she can't worry about that now it is still present in her memory. Everything confuses her as it feels like the world is getting colder and colder with each minute that passes by her but nothing in the world moves at all.

Her eyes look all over to see that branches are bent in odd shapes as if a breeze had passed by and birds are floating in midair without as much as flapping their wings. No animals can her eyes see but if she were to see one she would know that none of them moved. It brings the girl even more fright but then all of a sudden a movement catches her eyes and she turns to look at Thomas and sees behind him is someone. A woman she would have to guess. "Come out. I can see you" She speaks.

Her voice echoes around herself as if she were speaking into a horn and the sound comes back to her and doesn't travel that far. However the woman moves again, meaning she had heard her. The woman comes into view and it is only then that she sees that it is not a woman at all, it is not even a girl yet it is a female. It's some sort of a creature. Isolde cannot be sure what kind as she has never been one for fairy tales herself but her sister, Elizabeth would be thrilled about them.

The creature's head is what has her most attention as she has never seen one like it. It is shaped normally but on the head two horns like on a reindeer are there in a shiny white color, on them there are rings that must have even made for royalty for they have only gold and jewels on them. The creatures eyes are cat like and yet they do not carry an eye color nor is there anything white in them, they are pure black and if looked closely one might reflect oneself in them and the darkness that they hold.

The mouth is normal except for two fangs sticking out on the dark blue lips that the creature has. The skin color is in the light blue, darker than the sky in day but lighter than the ocean. It wears dark rags that must have been sown together and rather poorly. The creature stares at Isolde with the same look at the girl stares at the creature. It does look like a girl yet her features does not show that she is human at all and she is unlike anything that the Princess has ever seen.

"W-who are you?" Isolde asks, stunned to the core as she stares at the creature in front of her who has stepped beside Thomas. The creature looks like she knows Thomas but not too well though, still it is impossible for the Princess to know what is within the soul of this creature as the more she stares into her eyes the more she starts to see the stars and the endless darkness that pulls her in but the darkness is a tricker on its own and it wants to swallow her whole and take her away where she is alone and lost.

The creature moves closer to her and then opens her mouth. "I bear the name Ahmeya, what do you bear?" The creature asks, her voice more heavenly than she has ever heard and it shocks her to the core that she feels drawn by her voice.it is soft like the kind smile that she offers yet she is fearful that this creature is trying to strike at her when she least expects it. "I am Princess Isolde" The Princess says and as soon as she has spoken the creature bows down before, though she is used to people bowing down before her she is still unsure why this creature that does not look like she has come from this world is bowing.

When Ahmeya has stood up again she looks at the Princess. "Forgive me for I did not recognize such grace. I am shameful for it and I shall never repeat the mistake again" She speaks, for the first time Isolde saw that this girl, creature or not was showing signs of being a person, a human. Though she night not look like it she did speak like one and she acted as one too. "Where are you from?" Isolde asks.

This creature, the girl knows the Princess for some reason. "I have been brought on land from where I was born, the ocean" She speaks. She held elegance when she spoke as if she had received years of lesson and she reminds Isolde of how her sister would act when trying to impress some Prince or a Duke or anyone of high status. "What are you?" She then finally asks, perhaps the question might have been odd and rude to some but something told her that she had to know what she was, without even knowing why she needed to know.

"I am what mortals would call an ocean nymph, the last of my kind. The King had sent me once he sensed the dangers that lurk in your world and have crossed over from mine. It is only now I see why they have come. Princess Isolde, I fear your life is in grave danger and the longer we stay here the sooner your life will be drained from your body and harnessed for evil" She speaks, her voice like a siren that has come for Isolde but her words frighten her in ways that she cannot understand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 1.8K 46
Niccola is a demi-queen undercover in enemy territory. Her little sister went missing seven moons ago, but one lead remains: a picture of a woman's f...
1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...
81.2K 2.6K 23
*COMPLETED* In the town of Portorosso, Italy, summer vacation is just beginning. Adventure is around every corner, waiting for someone to walk it's...
83K 4K 75
COMPLETED *** Anne has been on an adventure and is about to start another when Christopher gets a letter from his daunting father in Scotland, inviti...