Youngblood {Year 3, Book 1}

By CaptSwanWorld

"Hmm... You're very smart... I see, not bad. Ambitious, determined, and cunning too. I know just where to put... More

Introduction
= Chapter 1 =
= Chapter 2 =
= Chapter 3 =
= Chapter 4 {Part 1} =
= Chapter 4 {Part 2} *Quidditch Special* =
= Chapter 5 =
= Chapter 6 =
= Chapter 7 {Part 1} =
= Chapter 7 {Part 2} *Hogsmeade Special* =
= Chapter 8 =
= Chapter 9 *Winter Break Bonus* =
= Chapter 10 *Winter Break Bonus Continued* =
= Chapter 11 =
= Chapter 12 =
= Chapter 13 =
= Chapter 14 =
= Chapter 15 =
= Chapter 16 =
= Chapter 17: *Summer Solstice Preparation* =
= Chapter 18 *Summer Solstice Part 2* =
= Chapter 19 =
= Chapter 20 =

= Chapter 18 *Summer Solstice Part 1* =

33 3 3
By CaptSwanWorld

Ball Room Playlist/ Ambience/ Songs I listened to while writing: Something Just Like This by the Chainsmokers, Cold Water by Nightcore, and  Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn and Sia

Enjoy ;)

The cold, stone staircase was lined with a beautiful silver and gold carpet. Dove's silky red dress gleamed in the candle light as she and Harry made their way down to the Great Hall. Dove had been beyond nervous at this - a dance with Harry. It seemed as if all eyes were on her as she made her way into the stunningly lite ballroom.

"You okay?" He asked, peering down at her face etched with nervous features.

"Yeah." She said, looking up at his calming blue eyes. "I am."

Dove and Harry shuffled through the crowded Great Hall, which had now been transformed into a beautiful ballroom. It was decorated with a modern, yet classy look. The candles that normally floated above the students' heads became shiny, golden bars that went well with the starry night ceiling. The tables were lined with beautiful golden tablecloths as couples danced and swayed in the front of the room.

"Do you like it?" Dove asked, giggling a little.

"Yeah. It's beautiful." He said, his gaze shifting towards her as she blushed.

Some time passed before he said, "Would you like to dance?" And extended his arm, blushing as she accepted it, moving towards the dance floor.

Dove had to mentally remind herself not to step on Harry's toes! She'd forgotten how to dance - because she'd never been to one. She'd occasionally dance with her father on formal dinner nights, but other than that, zilch. But she'd learned to trust Harry, and her friends, more this year, and even gain some new friends. She placed her head on his chest as the music slowed, trusting him enough to lead her around the dance floor in a beautiful waltz. Her dress swayed admirably with every step.

"So. After this... Do you want to grab drinks?" He offered, his feet still moving along to the melodic beat.

"Of course." She smiled, gazing up at his emerald green eyes.

|||---------------|||

Mya's heartbeat picked up faster than usual as she squeezed Ron's arm tightly. He looked down at her with his big, blue eyes, confused.

"Mya? Are you okay?" He asked.

She snuggled up to him closer. "Yep! Just a bit nervous."

"Don't be! You look beautiful!"

Mya blushed as they entered the brightly lite Great Hall, now decorated beautifully for the Summer Solstice. Her blue cocktail dress glimmered in the light as they walked hand in hand to the bar, happily taking a seat.

"Two pumpkin juice." Ron ordered, smiling over at Mya, who smiled back.

The waiter arrived with two pumpkin juices. Mya smiled at the ginger next to her, thinking about how lucky she was. Over the year, she'd learned to trust Ron, and her friends more, and even some new friends.

|||---------------|||

Draco's cold hand pushed a rogue piece of hair behind Aspen's ear as she smiled, blushing, as they walked down the silk carpeted staircase.

"I bet you're used to this, Mr. Fancy." Aspen giggled, resting her head on his expensive suit.

"I take you to a ball, and the first thing you do is make fun of me?" He chuckled, pecking her cheek lightly.

They entered the fantastic Great Hall, which was decorated lovely for the occasion. Draco's arm snaked around her waist and pulled her closer as he saw a group of boys staring. She blushed slightly, but didn't resist.

"Would you care for a dance?" He asked, holding out his hand.

Aspen bit her lip nervously. "Uhm... sure."

The truth was, she'd never danced before - maybe it was the fact that her father didn't teach her how to when they went out to formal restraints or dances. She warily took his hand.

"You don't know how, do you?" He said, a hint of a smile on his face as she blushed and laughed.

"Not... really. I know the concept of it." She answered, giggling. 

"Then I'll teach you. Put your left hand here." He guided her hand to his shoulder. "And then hold mine with the other."

He rested his right hand at her waist, holding her right hand with his left as she blushed madly.

"Now, there's only one rule. Pick a partner who knows what he's doing." He whispered into her ear. 

They began to sway back and fourth gracefully with the melodic music, taking a while before Aspen started to get used to it. But when she did, she realized how close she and Draco had gotten - not just in their friendship, but also in their relationship, taking it a step further into love. Along with continuing the ever-lasting friendships with Lillian and Vivid; Dove, Mya, and Eleara had become close to her as well.

|||---------------|||

Lillian walked effortlessly down the stone staircase, that was now carpeted gold and silver silk. She stopped at the bottom of the cold, rough stone stairs, her eyes darting around for Cedric. He was dressed in a handsome, grey suit with a pale yellow tie wrapped around his neck. Once he spotted her, he could barely take his eyes off her - she was stunning, and he knew it.

"Wow... Lillian... you look." He began, only to be cut off as Lillian's lips brushed against his smooth cheek.

"You look great." She whispered, taking his arm that he'd held out for her as he blushed.

They looked into each other's eyes lovingly as they walked into the decorated Great Hall, now transformed into a ballroom. Lillian wrapped her hands around his neck as Cedric wrapped his around her waist, swaying and dancing to the beat of the soft, calming music.

"If you could pick one night to re-live, which one would it be?" Cedric asked, leaning down so his forehead was touching hers.

"This one." She smiled, leaning her forehead back just enough so she could connect her lips to his, catching him in a sweet, passionate kiss.

The realization in that moment transformed her. A year ago, she would've rejected Cedric - and her happy ending. She would've missed her change for true happiness. Sure, the road might be rocky from here on, but she was prepared to fight it - for him. Her friends, also, had changed. The other houses were now their allies, no longer the enemies.

|||---------------|||

Eleara's glimmering pale purple dress shined in the of the bright candles as she walked down the staircase quickly, catching sight of Seamus Finnigan, her date to the Summer Solstice. She wrapped her arm in his, leaning her head on his shoulder as he blushed.

"You look beautiful tonight." He whispered, not knowing what else to say.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad." She teased with one of her bright, bubbly smiles as she walked over to the bar, ordering a cold butterbeer with Seamus.

"I'm glad you asked me, I really enjoy spending time with you." Eleara blushed.

"Y-Yeah, me too." Seamus stuttered.

The flashes of dresses spinning and dancing to the music in the background faded away as she reached different memories in her mind. Memories of her family, losses, love, and new and existing friends. 

|||---------------|||

"Sam!" Vivid exclaimed, practically hopping on the tall Gryffindor, now dressed in his best suit.

"Wow, Vivi, you look great." He pecked her on the cheek as she blushed.

"So do you." She giggled.

They stepped out into the dance floor swarmed with couples of all houses and bloods, realizing that they were all the same - even the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins - heck, she was going out with a Gryffindor. She smiled as she and Sam began to waltz beautifully to the slow, rhythmic song.

|||---------------|||

"Draco, huh? Why am I not surprised." Lillian remarked as a hint of a smile appeared on her mouth.

Aspen looked down at her feet about to say something. Draco and Cedric had gone down to the bar, grabbing drinks.

"I'm happy for you." Lillian smiled as Aspen hugged her.

"C'mon, let's dance. I deserve at least one with my bestie!" Aspen said, dragging Lillian off to the dance floor.

Aspen used her new-learned skill in dancing with Lillian. They giggled and had fun until a familiar face moved towards them - Ember. Aspen looked down towards her feet as she approached.

"Can I steal her." Ember said, glaring at Lillian with steely eyes.

Lillian grabbed onto Aspen's arm. "It's okay, we have to talk." Lillian then nodded and released her.

Ember placed her hand on Aspen's waist as they began to pick up on the slow song, moving almost in sync. A faint smile was held on Ember's face for sometime, until she spoke...

"Aspen, I'm sorry, you know I meant it as a joke, right?" Ember began to start a conversation.

Aspen nodded. "Yeah, I hope it was."

"Is she giving you any trouble?" A familiar, calming voice said behind her - Draco.

Aspen backed away from Ember towards Draco, her back pressed firmly against his chest. Ember scowled, then walked away towards the bar. Draco and Aspen resumed their dance, but something was different - he felt more protective, more alert. He spun her out beautifully, but instead of coming back into his arms, his lips crashed against hers in a deep, passionate kiss. Their lips moved in sync as the other dancing couples turned to blurs. Aspen closed her eyes, feeling lost in the moment. Then, when they broke for air, all she could do was smile, earning an especially bright one from Draco. 

"Now, how about those drinks." He chuckled.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225 46 15
"𝘞𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘡𝘩 π˜₯𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘦π˜₯ 𝘢𝘯π˜₯𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘰𝘳π˜₯𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘡 𝘴𝘒𝘺π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨." He was a tall, blond haired boy with sha...
385 68 32
"Aspen? Could I talk to you for a second?" Harry asked, verbally dragging her away from her conversation with Mya. "Yeah Harry?" Aspen asked, raising...
4.9K 82 23
(I suggest reading the first book before reading this) This is the second story for Annabelle Potter's second year. Anna was raised in an orphanage b...
4.8K 128 16
Smart, witty, sarcastic, intelligent, loyal and cunning, these are some of the traits of Ron's twin sister, (Y/N) Weasley, who is the complete opposi...