Destiny That Binds Us

By dazzling_nightingale

• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without... More

Author's Note
Aesthetics
Prologue
1 : I will bury you
2 : Can we talk about something else?
3 : Just hug the Polar Bear
4 : Why did you call me babe?
5 : You have a meeting with Trump?
6 : Eavesdropping is cool
7 : A bottle of poison, please!
8 : What a crappy day!
9 : I'm dead and I know it!
10 : I want to fight!!!
11 : Just a little Patience is all I need.
12 : What's your zodiac sign?
14 : Get your minds out of the gutter!
15 : Help me shut my mouth
16 : Sorry but not Sorry
17 : Is he Bipolar?
18 : I thought it was drugged
19: Where is that Godzilla?
20 : 100 kgs of Gold??
21: In my wildest dreams!
22: Are you Ready for it?
23: You need to calm down
24: Spill the Beans!
25: Laptop Malhotras
26: Friggin' eight pack
27 : Is she in trouble?
28 : Sleep on the floor
29: Have you been dreaming about me?
30: Just my forced husband
31: Tumbling Monkeys
32 : She's not a random girl
33 : Drawn back like Magnets
34: Mind your own business
35: One last word
36: Apparently babe!
37: The drool's stain
38: --so I think you can thank me!
39: Non compos mentis
40: Just Friends!
41: I knew you were trouble
42: Soft paws of a kitten
43: Human pillows can cuddle
44: Friends? Lol.
45: Hello, Indiana Jones
46: I know you love me
47: Worried as her friend
48: Unintentional distractions and confessions
49: Skinny Love
50: Bound with me, Forever.
note

13 : Goodbye Earth!

13.8K 1.1K 422
By dazzling_nightingale

Suhana

"Huh?"

"Sagittarius is my zodiac sign" He repeated again.

Did he--tell me?

Why didn't he answer this in the first place?

"Ohh Okay" I said silently.

"Wait--Did I say Sagittarius?" He asked amused, with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Yes, I presume?!" I did sound doubtful.

"Ohh wait, It's Gemini and not Sagittarius "

"Okay" I said bluntly, with no mood to reply with a cloud of marriage thoughts haunting me right now.

"Wait, did I say Gemini? Oh wait,It's actually Aries, wait no it's Scorpio"

"I hope it's Cancer" I replied stiffly and turned the other side.

How did I even expect him to answer my question without pushing me to mental trauma and pressure to an extent until I regret myself for asking him.

"You seriously enjoy these kinds of jokes?" I asked, annoyed.

"Nope, but I obviously enjoy the look you have on your face when you are super pissed off"

Don't try to look pissed off hereafter, especially in front of him.

His car took a swift turn to the left, entering a huge glass building, moving towards the basement to park the car.

City's most highly fortified and expensive jewellery boutique, and yeah we are going to buy a ring for an engagement which is probably ain't going to take place.

The Irony though!

"Care to get down from the car or do you expect me to carry you?" I shrieked as I saw him out of the car already.

It took me another 5 minutes to register what was happening around me while I was busy day dreaming.

I got down and we got into the basement elevator.

"Floor number?"

"17th Floor " he replied with his eyes fixed on his phone.

I was about to press when a small girl, around 5, rushed into the elevator and stood between us.
And then instead of pressing 17, I ensured I pressed the button to have the elevator open.

"May I know what are you waiting for?" The little girl's shrill voice, startled me.

"Wait--You are alone? I mean let's wait for your mom or dad with whom you came, You shouldn't travel or use the lift alone"

"Well what are you both? Ghosts?Kidnappers?"

Blow me!

"Fine" I murmured and clicked the 15th floor as she had asked.

I turned to my left and saw him trying hard to control his laughter.

We were almost on the 14th floor, when the lift's lights went off and doors tightly shut, we knew we were caught in a dangerous game of survival.

"Shit!" I heard his voice somewhere in the darkness.

With silence lingering , while I was digging my bag for my phone, I could hear long breaths and sudden gasps.

Gasp? Long breaths?

"Vikram are you collapsing ?! Lol this is going to be fun----or not?!" I questioned myself, while enjoying it a little bit.

"Shut up, I am fine!" His cold voice echoed inside.

"Wish you weren't fine" I giggled imagining him crying for being stuck.

God forgive me for my cruel wishes.

"Shut up and click the emergency button or something " he sounded irritated.

After a long battle inside my bag, I finally got hold of my phone and pulled it out and switched on the flashlight, while Vikram did the same.

Copycat. He isn't a cat. Cats are cute. He is a CopyWolf.

A little hot wolf.

No, I didn't think that. It was someone else.

I pressed the Emergency bell furiously, but still there wasn't any response from the other side.

I moved the flashlight downwards as we panicked on seeing the small girl gasping for air.

"OhmyGod" I hushed hurriedly and kneeled down as I held the girl around me, trying to comfort her.

It wasn't working though.

"Vikram do something! Hurry!" I panicked.

She was a kid. I seriously didn't know what to do or how to react. I was completely shook when Vikram called someone on his phone and was yelling.

"Vikram what happened?? What are they saying?? And look at her she is --she is--"

Frightened or Scared isn't the right word on how I was feeling or what I was going through at the moment.

"For God's sake, You are a doctor, why don't you calm down and treat her?" He whisper-yelled.

How did I forget that?

Oh yeah! Simple, take a deep breath, you can do it suhu!

"Baby, look at me there's nothing to be scared, see we are here, even uncle's here don't worry"

"Yeah even aunty is here" his annoyed voice irked me to continue more.

"Yeah Grandpa is also here"

"So does an old grandma" He said effortlessly.

"Will you please shut up?" I whispered-yelled and got hold of the little girl.

I think she is either claustrophobic or Nyctophobic.

I have to distract her.

"Vikram focus the flashlight on her" and he did so with both our phones.

"Hey look there is nothing to be feared, listen to me, take a deep breath" I continued to instruct while she was fighting to stop gasping.

Seeing a little girl like this, is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever felt in my life.

"Don't worry, I have asked my P.A to check on what's wrong"

"So your P.A will come from the office and then check what's wrong?"

So we all die?

I am going to die young!

"My P.A follows me everywhere, he is checking it now, he will call me anytime now, and you concentrate on the girl than thinking of your death in all different ways "

How did he even know that I was thinking that? Nevermind.

"Follows everywhere? Well, this isn't creepy at all!"

"Hey baby listen to me, Calm down, What's your name?" I tried to calm her down, stroking her hair, as she hugged me suddenly.

Claustrophobia, I guess.

"Mumma...I want to see Mumma" She cried on my shoulders.

Poor girl, and this is exactly why I expected her to accompany her parents.

She would barely be around 4 or 5. And so I carried her trying to comfort her, and gave her some water which I had in my bag.

She still had her eyes shut, while I was finding some of my own ways to distract her.

Vikram stood still, staring at us without blinking at all.

Creepy fellow.

More than 15 minutes had passed, and the little girl slept on my shoulders, while Vikram was murdering his phone.

"And what exactly is your P.A saying ?"

"Some technical issues, only this lift is currently facing some electrical issues and all kinds of problems."

And for the next few minutes, he was busy reading something near the buttons and was probably calculating something.

"So what exactly did Mr. Vikram Albert Einstein discover here?"

"Something which you might not like hearing at this moment!" He smirked.

"And what exactly is that?" I asked simultaneously patting the girl's shoulder, making sure she was sleeping instead of facing another panic attack.

"From calculating all the measurements of this elevator, a person can survive maximum of 1 hour in it, considering that already 25 minutes have passed along that we are three people instead of 1, we just have another few minutes before we reach hell, because of no oxygen supply"

"Hell? What?? I deserve to be in heaven!! How dare you say that? You go to hell!"

Wait-I am going to die?

"Well at least you are fine with dying!" He said with no emotion, as he moved to one corner, peeping at the little kid to make sure she was fine.

Wow, He cares!

"What?? Noo- I don't want to die!! This is all because of you. How many times did I tell you, I don't want to come here today!! "

"Any last wish?" He asked calmly dodging my rants.

Is this guy for real?

Even hell will collapse, if he goes there.

Thank God, the next five minutes passed, and we haven't died as of now.

I left a 'I Love you' and 'Goodbye' message to all my lovely friends and beloved family.

Such a tragic ending to the story which didn't even start.

Goodbye Earth!

See you in Heaven, or not.

The least of all I wish now is to at least have some Vampire blood in my system right now, so that at least I can die and come back as a vampire.

And this is exactly why I shouldn't have spent half of my life watching Vampires and Werewolves.

"They are about to fix the problem, the elevator will be fixed in a while. Stop scaring yourself" He said calmly with his eyes fixed on his phone.

"I am not sc-scared , okay?!"

"Says the one who was dreaming about dying and saying to all angels, Hello in heaven" His smirk was very well visible even in the not-so-bright flashlight.

And how exactly is this guy reading my mind?

In a few minutes, my phone died with no battery, indicating my upcoming death.

And with every minute, passing by, I began to prise at the doors to see if there was a way out.

I scrambled up the sides of the elevator to bang open the trap door in the ceiling. I knew it would be dangerous to leave the lift, but I was desperate. The trap door was locked.

And why the hell did people invent elevators?

For death trap?

Can't Humans just take the stairs? Why are they all so lazy?

Oh yeah, then why didn't you take the stairs? My inner voice mocked at me.

And why is Vikram dancing now? And why is he is dancing so crazily?

I tried to open my eyes widely to see what's wrong with him. I gently put the kid down as I tried to figure him out.

"Suhana?!!" I heard him shout.

And it took me a while to realize that problem wasn't with him but me.

Before I knew what was happening, I knew my drooping eyes closed shut as I was trying to catch my breath.

Goodbye Earth!

• • • • •

Thank you peeps for so much of love, I have been recieving in the recent days.

Every vote and comment of yours, deeply motivates me to write more.

Thank you for reading my not-so-great story with my not-so-great writing skills.

Did you all see the new cover? *squealing*
vanshikabairoliya is the bestest of all !! Thank you for such a cute cover ❤

Have a great day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 9.9K 23
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
9.5M 538K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
237K 9.2K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
9K 556 16
-𝐀𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐂𝐄𝐎 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐡𝐞𝐫. "Attract...