Empress Of The Old World {Le...

By FallenGrigori03

Sukara and her family are OC's, all the rest are atla/tlok characters. When Unalaq tries to free the spirit... More

{1}
PART 1: Out Of The Ice
Going Home
Republic City
Accidental Offence
Power
Water And Air
Little Brother
Ba Sing Se
A Second Avatar
PART 2: Calming Mind
Can't Stay Long
What Trauma?
Spirits
Vaatu And Raava
Favourite Dream
Letter From A Friend
It's Good To See You
You're Sweet
Hey Chief
Three Years On
Goodbye
PART 3 - Get Out
Back Together
Friends?
A Little Trip
Should I?
Couldn't Stay Away
It's Going To Be Okay
Reunited
Kidnapped Fiance
Tenzin Down
The Wedding
{2}
PART 1: Nightmare
Catch Up
Foot Shot
Old Face
Kuvira
Dinner
What Happened?
Happy Anniversary
You're A Dancer
Fight Me
Power Disc
Stay
I'm Sorry
Spy
Home
PART 2: Comfort
Attacked
You Coming?
Cars
The Avatar Festival
Arguments
Spirits
Don't
I Know You
We'll Find Her
We're Here
See Me
To The Pole
PART 3: Tea Time
Outside
Snowball Fight
You're Hot
I Can
The Return
You're Awake
Healing Bath
Forget I Asked
Cactus Juice
Come With Me
Where?
She'll Be Back
Last Goodbye
Grief
Dark VS Light
PART 4: Healing
Zadik
Waking Up
I'm Sorry
Not Over
Leaving
Back To The Start
Kya And Lin
Final Fight
Back Again
{3}
PART 1: Your House
Can I Stay?
Very Skilled
Kasa
I'm Not A Child
Is This Wise
That's Tomorrow
Right There
Brawl At The Wedding
Miss Me Darling?
PART 2: Didn't Want To Hurt You
Escaped Prisoner
Back To You
In Here
Pay Attention
It's You
Broom Closets
I'm Staying
Jealousy At The Table
Getting It All Out
Resolved
PART 3: You Can Stay
Travelling Together
Iroh II
Mission Plan
Sleepy
Up The Mountain
Non-bender Style
He's Gone
It's Okay
Jump
Say Yes
{4}
PART 1: Evenings With You
Different View
Height Difference
Walks
The Station
Distraction
Come Home
Planning
In The Stars
Family
Time For Bed
The Big Day
I Do
Peace
Bandit
PART 2: After math
Got Your Back
Trusting You
Searching
Mistaken
Tell Me
The Plan
What I Like
Superior
A Vow
Guess Who
Talk To Lin
PART 3: Apologies
Siblings
If It Were Me
Pulling You Through
Iroh Senior
Fertility
Expecting
Cuddles
Could You Repeat That
Moving Out
Painting
Catch
Say Hello
PART 4: Double Trouble
What?
The Fireplace
Tenzin
The Beach
Investigate
It's Not Crabs
Restraint
Death Of Guan
The End

Mushi

1.2K 64 10
By FallenGrigori03

The hollow was lit by a single torch on the wall and the sun light that seeped through the short tunnel they had walked down. It wasn't quite the collection that Hata had down in the South Pole but there was a significant amount of books as scrolls laying on ledges and shelves made from the stone walls.

The man stepped aside, hoping that she wouldn't just torch the place and would actually look at what was there. Luckily, she did. Sukara walked into the room and started to move some of the papers. Eventually, her eyes landed on something that looked quite familiar. A black book with gold lining its edges. It couldn't be, she thought as she opened it to the first page, it was.

She smiled a little as she looked down at Mushi's handwriting. Mushi was her second in command, he always had been. They had had a very complicated relationship, starting as good friends but a bitterness born of fear had grown between them as the empire grew. He had always stood behind her but she always felt as though his knife had been resting on her back, waiting for her to finally fail.

Sukara flipped a page or two in and began to read.

#####

I can believe she agreed. Of course she had been apprehensive at first, even calling my idea ridiculous and saying that no one would believe me. I knew that of course, which is why I asked her to do it.

"You're full of shit Mushi," she had told me as I placed her in front of the mirror, showing her how powerful she looked after I had dressed her up in my mother's old army uniform, "no one is going to believe this. We'll get kicked out of the university for discrimination."

"Don't worry, nothing rallies people like a common enemy," I had reassured her, "and just look at you, everyone is going to love you. You'll see, just like they will, that a new order is what we need to prosper, properly. You can't have freedom without law, that's just chaos. There won't be a mother on the planet that doesn't wish their daughter was you."

That would do it. I knew it would. Her problems with her mother ran so deep that I even worried about her sometimes. Even so, all she needed was a push, she was going to be amazing at this.

#####

Sukara frowned, she had never read Mushi's journal before. She had been aware that he was manipulating her but the extent seemed to be a little greater than she had originally thought.

She flicked through the pages again to find a different passage.

#####

When I heard the voices arguing I knew I had to intervene. Sukara was such a push over when it came to Zu-Zai. She needed to put her foot down sometimes, Zu-Zai could be so disrespectful. I opened the door to Sukara's chamber's to find the table flipped out of the way and Sukara leaning over Zu-Zai who sat on the only chair left standing.

"Shall I schedule the execution?" I joked knowing that she would never kill her girlfriend. I just wanted her to be thrown in a cell for the night or something. To teach her some manners.

Her "yes" was what surprised me the most. It surprised Zu-Zai as well as she began to beg her Empress for her life.

"Are you sure?" I had asked her, trying not to be on the receiving end of her rage later on, "I only--"

"I said do it Mushi," she had snapped at me as she stormed out of the room, "she's crossed the line one too many times. She dies in the morning."

It made me want to know what they were arguing about but, it was unlikely that Sukara would ever tell me.

--

The execution came in the morning and because it was one for treason against the empire the square was full of people. I stood just behind my Empress as Zu-Zai was chained down on the platform next to us.

In her fear, Zu-Zai had called Sukara a coward and then proceeded to beg her not to go through with the execution. I saw in Sukara's eyes, the idea that had to be done.

"It's what needs to be done," I had told her, just giving her the little push she needed to follow through. I couldn't allow her to be disrespected in front of such a crowd. I watched in delight as Sukara went forward, igniting a length of flame that resembled a sword. In a swift movement, it was done. I could see the pain in her eyes as she turned back but her beheading Zu-Zai herself to show the people the length she would go to protect them from traitors was just what we needed.

#####

Taking a deep breath, she turned the pages again. Wanting to move on from that painful day as quickly as possible.

#####

Today Sukara genuinely scared me. I had no idea what to do. It felt like I was standing on a mine every time she looked at me. We had been ambushed by the first group of rebellion soldiers we had seen. Making their threat to us more real. The worst moment was in the throne room. The rain had washed off most of the mud and the blood from the battle but, some still remained. She had ripped out her hair piece on the way in after failing to fix it, letting her usually tightly bound top not fall in front of her face.

"We'll finish them, your majesty," I had said, trying to calm her a little.

"Of course she'd choose his side," she had muttered, ignoring me completely, "because why would she ever choose me. Why would she ever choose the law."

Her rage began to boil out as she started to shout.

"I'm the eldest," she had screamed across the room, "I'm the heir to the family! Me, not him. This is my thrown! She will not take it from me."

I didn't feel like I could leave but, I didn't feel safe staying either. I was happy to know her feelings of uncertainty were gone but, this new rage wasn't quite what I had expected. I wasn't looking forward to spending more time with the monster I created.

#####

Sukara continued to turn the pages, this time going further towards the end. She wasn't interested in Mushi waffling about war meetings.

#####

The battle today had gone so well. I couldn't be prouder of the regiment. What I was most concerned about was the way Sukara had acted towards her brother. She approached him in such a strange way that it has made me worry for her stability.

"Where's mother?" I had heard her ask. When her brother had told her she wasn't there Sukara seemed almost disappointed.

The way she looked resembled the scene I had witnessed in the throne room some weeks ago. Her hair dirty and thrown down her face. Mud from the rain and blood from the bodies covering her, ruining the once pristine war paint.

"How many bodies did we loose Mushi?" she had called over to me, only to gloat.

"Three," I had told her, allowing this to happen, "stabbed in the back by cowardly men."

"See Zadik," she had told him, "you are nothing compared to me. You cannot win. Not like this."

"Are you going to kill me?" he had asked her. I could only watch, hoping she made the right decision.

"What was it, that mother would say to father whenever GranGran would tell him to come home safe to his family after battle?" she asked him, a smirk on her face, a look of dismay on his.

"You come back victorious or you don't come back at all," he had said, quoting their mother.

"Yes, that was it," Sukara has smile wickedly, wanting to break her brother in her mother's eyes, "now go back to her and tell her that you failed."

It was cold to do that to him. But it still didn't feel right leaving Zadik alive. I had a terrible feeling that this wasn't going to end well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 3.4K 60
After fighting last years battles, Ulazu is free to chase her dream of being a pro bender before her family responsibilities catch up to her. But as...
1.5K 32 7
Vidya, Princess of the Fire Nation, and granddaughter of Fire Lord Zuko and Lady River, is a light bender just like her grandmother and looks exactly...
108K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
43.5K 1K 48
When one legend ends, another rises from the ashes. Join Ryu the right hand man of his best friend Korra who is the Avatar. Just like his grandfather...