I'll always love you (A 'Pear...

By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

This is about a navy nurse Emiellia (It's Amelia but spelled differently) Rogers, who ends up getting shipped... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A oneshot
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hello (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not a chapter (again)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Not a chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Easter Oneshot
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 15

955 13 1
By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

The morning rolled around and I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm and decided to get dressed early.

After what I heard yesterday, I just wanted to get to work early and avoid any interaction with anyone, even the other nurses.

I put on my uniform, placed mascara and red lipstick on my face, and pinned up my brown hair in a bun with a hair tie and bobby pins, then quickly and quietly left my room.

I grabbed my purse and left the house, feeling the cool air nip at my skin. I wrap my white cardigan tightly around my body and walked up the stairs to the hospital.

I waved to a nurse that gets there early, and made my way into ward 3 and started organizing the shelves, that had medical equipment and supplies inside it.

As I was putting away some cotton balls into the glass containers, I heard the patter of feet hitting the tile as it echoed off the walls and got gradually got louder the closer it got to me.

"Lieutenant Rogers, thank goodness your here," I turn my head to one of the doctors standing only a couple feet away from me. I give him a polite smile.

"Hello Dr., what do you need help with?" I ask him.

"I need help in the operating room. I need someone to hand me some supplies and prep it, since Jennifer is sick. So, would you be willing to help me?" He looks at me hopefully.

I smile and place the last cotton ball into the jar and closed the glass cabinet doors and faced the doctor. "Sure, that would be fine." I respond.

Relief flooded his face as it was reloaded with a gentle smile. "Thank you Lieutenant Rogers."

I nod my head as we both start walking in the same pace to the Operating Room.

Prepping and helping the doctor in the operating room, time flew by and once it ended as it was already 8:40.

I gulp nervously as I remember the nurses arrive around 7:30 in the morning. Since Barbra had to give the tour around the hospital to the new nurses that were arriving today, there was no way I could avoid them, especially Evelyn.

Knowing I had to be an adult about this, I fixed my stance and left the recovery room and into ward 3, where my purse and cardigan are.

Once I start getting closer to the ward, I hear murmurs of voices. I closer I got to the ward, the chatter got louder.

I turn the corner to see Betty, Barbra, and Sandra in the room, with Evelyn not in sight and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

Betty must've noticed my silhouette standing there as her smile turned into a concerned face.

"Hey you weren't at the house this morning, where were you?" Betty asked me. The nurses noticed Betty looking at the entrance and saw me standing there.

Knowing they've already seen me, I decided to go into the room to at least speak to them.

"I decided to come in early this morning, since I knew today was going to be busy." I told her.

They nod their heads as I grab my cardigan and purse, to place it on the bed next to Barbra and Betty.

Barbra must've noticed something was wrong, but she didn't say anything as she looked at me quizzically.

"Hey Em," I heard Barbra say.

I look up at her with a confused look. "Hm?"

"May I speak with you, in private please?" She asks.

I silently gulp down my nervousness and gave her a small smile.

"Sure."

We both head out into the hallway and walked about it away from the open ward.

"I just wanted to talk about what happened yesterday. You walked into me with tears in your eyes, then once you went back to your room, Evelyn had a smile plastered on her face holding her handkerchief. What happened?" She asked me.

I look down at the ground for a second, then looked back at her with a sad look.

"I would rather not talk about it and avoid it as I can, but, I need to get it off my chest and tell someone, but you can't say anything." I tell her.

She then makes and 'X' over her heart with her finger.

I knew that I could trust her, and maybe Evelyn just needed a friend that was close to Rafe, and maybe I'm just over thinking things.

I sigh and rest the back of my hand on my forehead and looked at Barbra.

"I'm just-last night when we saw Evelyn and Danny at the diner, I got jealous, so when we heard a knock at the door last night, it was Danny talking to Evelyn about grabbing a cup of coffee, and I immediately thought the worst." I tell her pouring out my thoughts.

The heavy weight that was laying on my shoulders, was lifted when I told Barbra.

She nodded her head and listened to me vent.

"I get it toots, if I saw my best friend with my boyfriend, I would automatically think the worst as well, but I think he is trying to be friendly since they both knew Rafe and they can start a friendship between themselves." She tells me.

I smile and nod along.

"Thanks Barbra." I say and pull her into a hug, which she returned.

"No problem toots." She says.

When we pull away, we head back into the ward where our friends were.

I was happy that the nurses didn't mention anything about our absents nor did Barbra say anything.

"Well, I'm gonna go to some paperwork." I tell them grabbing my purse and cardigan.

There was multiple groans and protests about me leaving, but I looked up at them with a smile.

" I just need to file some and file some paperwork. I'll be back for supper." I tell them, then walked out the door and to the office.

Little did I know, once I left the ward, Evelyn walked into the building asking where I was.

I sigh as I finish filling out the last bit of paperwork tonight and turned my attention to the clock.

It read 7:40 P.M.

I get out of my chair and grab my purse and cardigan, putting it on.

Just after I left the building, I saw the sun starting to set. I smile thinking about how Danny and I would stay out this long to watch the sun set.

"You know I wish I could do?" I ask Danny as my gaze was glued to the sun set.

He looks at me with a questioning look.

"What's that?" He asked.

I turn my attention to him to see his beautiful brown eyes looking into mine.

Every time I look into them, I get butterflies in my stomach and my tongue turns to mush.

I blush lightly, then looked back at the pretty oranges, yellows, purples, and other colors as they blend together to make the scenery beautiful like I was living in a painting.

"I wish to watch the sun set forever and enjoy the beautiful blended colors and the light breeze against my skin." I tell him.

I could still feel his gaze on me as I turned to look back at him with a smile on my lips.

"That's an amazing wish. What about seeing up close?" He asked me.

I shrug my shoulder.

"I feel like it would make it better."
~
I smile at the memory that I made with Danny.

Danny.

'Maybe I have some time to talk to him if he didn't go to bed yet.'

I smile at the thought and rushed to the house to get changed out of my work clothes.

Once I got home, I noticed my friends weren't back, but I didn't worry about it and got changed into a black pencil skirt and a white button-up shirt.

I took out my bobby pins and hair tie to let my hair fall to rest on my chest and down my back.

I rush out of the house and made my way over to his barracks, getting into a taxi as the driver drove me as far as he could.

I payed him, and by now, the sun already fell and the night graced us with its presence.

I walk into the quite base, only hearing my heels clicking on the concrete.

The farther I walked, I heard rustling coming from the parachute hangers.

'Maybe someone can tell me where Danny is.' I think and made my way into the curtains of hanging parachutes.

Just before I could utter a word,

I felt my hear shatter into small pieces and fall onto the ground when a parachute was pushed by the wind.

Evelyn and Danny were kissing.

~
Chapter 15 done!
Sorry for the long wait, like I said school, but I'll still have time to write in between. Sorry if the ending sounded rushed.

Anyways, I hope you had a great Halloween, and I hope you have a great day wherever you are!
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count:1553)
I do not own 'Pearl Harbor' or its characters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 1.9K 27
❝ do you know the story of icarus? ❞ ❝ everything that goes up must come down. ❞ ❝ even icarus fell, danny. ❞ ❝ when i come back, i'm gonna hold you...
7K 70 16
(DISCLAIMER: I really hope writing this isn't insensitive, if you think this is disrespectful please let me know, thankyou.) what happens when the on...
2.3K 132 16
- 𝙉𝙤𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚, 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙪𝙩𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙙�...
5.9K 209 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...