Deathnote Oneshots || Reader...

By Yuminotfoumd

If you like my work, don't forget to leave a vote and comment as a way to appreciate it. #1 in misa [06.10.21... More

Introduction
Sweet Coffee [Near x f!reader]
I love you more [lemon! L x f!reader]
Part II (mello ending)
Part II (Matt ending)
Cold hands [Yandere! Light x f!reader]
A stubborn little star [Mello x f!reader]
Miss Fashionista! [Misa x f!reader]
Archived melody [L x f!reader]
Sweet as Strawberries [L x gn!reader]
Request chapter! (1)
Request 1.1 [Mello x sister!reader]
Request 1.2 [Matsuda x gn!reader]
Request 1.3 [L x Insecure!reader]
Request 1.4 [fluff! Mello x f!reader]

Game of fate [mello x f!reader x matt]

1.3K 22 10
By Yuminotfoumd

Disclaimer: This particular one-shot took a lot more time than I expected it to. So, the word limit is around 3k (more) Read it at your own risk.

Reminder: Page colour: Black

The sun dipped with its slow pace below the horizon... As all the members of the mafia were busy, roaming, shuffling to-fro near the main hall.

In a personalised room filled with the aroma of cigarettes & coffee, the two fellow members were playing video games.

You stretched your arms and thought how weird it was, to feel nervous around your friend...rather than being easy.

The redhead playing beside you noticed the gesture and snapped overhead, "Yo! I Won Again!!!"

It presumably wasn't a thing that you could have known.. until the man reminded you, you hadn't finished the match.. and probably, he had taken over it today as well.

You rolled your eyes and stared at the screen in disbelief.

You were playing a good game today. meaning, you could have defeated this fellow gamer... You frowned at the thought for a while before coming up with an excuse & forced a smirk, mumbling sarcastically, "I've let you won kid."

He raised an eyebrow observing your sarcastic expression with his laid back one. Tho, he looked more interested in your words rather than your face.
Once you tried making statements to make it believable,
He burst into a laugh and wiped a tear off his eye since you realised you were again hesitating to prove your boast.

You clenched fist at his response and stood up before smacking on his head.

The redhead backed off his head and rubbed it in pain.

A smirk accompanied you as you laughed losing your sanity.

............
Before you could help Matt to stabilise the messed situation, a hand grabbed your arm and twisted it, so that you couldn't move away.

The voice rang through your ears deadpanning, "Looks like you're enjoying it, huh?"

You knew the voice... of course. After all, you were dating him.

Maintaining your pitch you exclaimed,

"Huh? Hey Mello!"

While wrapping his arms around your waist, he leaned onto you whispering,

"Indeed. It is me. You irresponsible idiot!"
You gasped at his words, slightly taken away and replied frowning,

"Me? But..-"

You contained yourself & realised what was he up to. While you were teasing matt, you forgot to go.

"But, I was coming anyway!" You continued.

"Really?? But that doesn't seem to be the case here."

"What the fuck now? Matt & I were just playing games!"
Matt was startled at your pitch & analysed the outcome of the argument. To stop you & Mello from beginning a bloody fight, he pushed himself in-between.

"Just playing huh?" Mello snapped at you.

"Of course, WE were! But, tell me one thing.. What the hell is your problem, Mihael?!?"
You exhaled the burst thoroughly.

"You're asking about My PROBLEM?!! You better watch out yo-"

"Oo Fuck! Guys, please calm your tits! I understand where this is coming from. But, we shouldn't mess things now. Should we?? Mells, go and assign everyone with their planned tasks. Y/n & I will meet you in HQ asap. You bothcontinue this another day. Is that fine You TWO!?!?" The redhead finally interrupted.

Mello shrugged at his friend & dead glared at you both before rushing off groaning,

"Fine!"

And slammed the door behind him, leaving you two to flinch at the loud thud, which the door produced.

Matt exhaled a deep sigh and turned towards you.

"Y/n, I apologise..."

You whirled at his statement and shook your head as you snapped out of thoughts.

"But... Why are you apologising? It's my fault, not yours..."

You confessed & stared at him for a reply, raising an eyebrow.

Matt took your words and stared back before mumbling in disappointment, "Okay."

You frowned at him, hoping for a further response...

Meanwhile, not getting any, you nodded to yourself in acknowledgement.

You two stood there for almost 5 minutes staring at each other.
...........

Matt shifted his gaze before realising, how late it had been... & finally announced,

"Mm... We should go now..?"

You thought, why were you confused about your feelings... Matt felt more than just a friend, more than a colleague to you. But, why were you growing such feelings for him? It doesn't matter to you tho. Because honestly, you never cared about it so curiously. Still, you just wanted to know... What & why was it?

"Ye-yes. Let's go." You replied.

............

The two fellow members made their way to the HQ and found their boss tanding at the entrance.

Mello watched you as Matt left your side & went to his friend, yet boss at work.

"Oww. You guys finally showed! I thought I would not get any company today."

"Hey, what are you talking about? I was just clearing things up with Y/n. I can't see, what's wrong with it??"

"Oh. I don't know. I didn't know you two have things in-between, to clear up, at this important time!?"
You stood there dumped and gritted teeth while desperately attempting to keep your words up to yourself.

"Look, Mells... Why don't you just ask Y/n for confirmation? At least, I expect you to believe your childhood friend aka partner?"

Matt seemed much more annoyed than he was before.

Mello turned to you after those words and stared into your eyes.

"What?" You mumbled quietly.

Mello clenched his fist and leaned towards you. "Are you seriously deaf!?"
You pursed lips, frowning and closed your eyes, releasing a heavy sigh while relaxing the face muscles.

Everyone within the HQ, went dead-quite as the wind's swift sound were heeded.
That is when Mello fished his bottom front pocket and attended a call. A call from- from the one, you guys intentionally separated.

"What is it Near?"
Mello answered through the call.

The rest he frowned and scowled disagreeing with the caller, who you never expected to be.

You found yourself wondering, what's the use of being separated from all those people from whammy's back then? Was it because Mello told you so? ..or more like asked or even ordered you to? Nevertheless, it wasn't your fault for being this far from your old brother-like friend Near. He was always caring for you.

Everything changed... It changed when you got informed... The great detective whom you guys were dreaming, becoming of. Was now dead. L died. Yes... He died solving the Kira case.

And now... Maybe, it was your turn... Tho, the possibility was moreover your boyfriend or his friend, Matt.

Mello tossed his cellphone to his friend, as matt caught it and took it with himself.
You wondered what near might have told Mello?

Mello came to you and said, "let's go."

He grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of there. You exhaled a sigh as you didn't dare to argue further with him.

Mello signalled you to sit back on the motorcycle, he just accelerated.

Without saying any words you climbed aback him and uttered silently.

"Would you please bother to inform me??"

Mello shifted his gaze to the wing mirror of the vehicle and glared at you, making a face expressing, 'shut your mouth!'

You shrugged at his reaction and stayed quiet for about the whole journey, thinking, 'that would be the best option for now. Perhaps, even he wouldn't tell you, you could always investigate and handle the unpredictable by yourself. You chastised in your mind, 'I do rely on myself, Yes I do rely on myself'.

............

The scene ahead includes Spoiler*

"Moon, How are you?"

Near asked with a soft tongue.

"Almost... Fine I guess..."

You replied rather reluctantly, you wanted to tell him, how you and Mello would fight so often... How your opinions differ so much, how you started feeling more for Matt... And how much you've missed your snowball.

"Oh, that's nice... Well, what about you Mello?"

Mello twitched his brows at near and tightened his lips into a thin line.
"Why do you want to know!?"

Near twirled a lock of his hairs and reasoned. "Of course, I have to know how tough our competition is."

Mello glared at near but soon replaced it with smirking at his rival replying, "Indeed. I have my moon with me, everything is fine as always."

Near shrugged at his opponent's statement and looked up at you.

"Moon, are you sure everyone's alright there?"
You looked back at him as you were able to see those concerned eyes of him insisting you in spilling the truth out.

You licked your lips at his remark, regretting your reply earlier.

"Ye-yeah... I am good.."

"You can join me here at SPK if you did like to."

"Oh, but I-"

"Enough! Let's talk about some business affairs. Near, It seems like things have been going just as you planned for."

Mello interrupted your talk as he sensed you might leave him for his rival.

"Yes. I've taken, you've already heard all about the second L till now. I've pretty much figured out who Kira is, and it's mostly thanks to everything you've done."

"Shut up near! I'm not just a tool for you to use in order to solve your puzzles you know."

Mello snapped at Near's words as he took out his gun from his pocket and aimed straight at your brother's head. You thought back to the moment when he dragged you with him. 'He would have taken it while I was waiting for him, outside. I would have expected this...' You reasoned to yourself.

"Mello, If you really wanna shoot me then go ahead and do it."

Near answered in his same monotone as he twirled his hair again.

'This asshole is gonna make things worst'; you processed your words inside your head as you went in between the rivals and stood before Mello's gun.

"Mello! Stop this, right here! What do you think you're doing!? Does shooting him would benefit you? Tell me. Shoot me first, if you're still gonna shoot near.

You burst out finally as he was triggering to shoot.

A woman with golden-yellow hairs, slender & pale agreed with you and argued furthermore.

"Yes. If you shoot him, then the rest of SPK will have no choice, but to shoot you too! What would it solve, if both of you would die!?"

You nodded at her statement and continued her words, you assumed she was going to say.

"And, it seems that's just what Kira wants!"

Mello narrowed the gun he was holding as he scowled near.

"Bastard!"

"Mello!" You snapped at him to maintain his sanity.

Mello stared at both you and the woman and said,

"Hmm. You two have a good point. I'm leaving this bastard only because this Kira spectrum is hanging on."

You both females exchanged glances and spoke in unison, "Yes! Finally..."

Meanwhile, Mello started breaking the silence.
"Near, Give me back mine and moon's photograph you have."

"Of course. I got it from the orphanage. There were only one and no copies have been made. I've already gone ahead and dealt with everyone who knows your faces, both inside & outside whammy's."

Once he started his explanation, he handed both the photographs over to you and continued,

"Now... Keep quiet."

You handed it to your boyfriend and stared at your snow-all. 'He's matured and more reasonable now.' You thought while both rivals were conversing.

"I can't say 100% for certain, but it shouldn't be possible for you to be killed by the notebook."

Mello dead glared at Near and turned, facing towards you. You being confused about what he was up to, caused you to raise a brow, making a face expressing, 'what do you want now?'

He simply clicked tongue and grabbed your wrist, again dragging... towards the exit.

Near noticed his gesture and interrupted saying, "Is that the only business you had with me, Mello?"

The blond sharp glared at his rival and tightened his grip on your wrist.

Near glared back at him with his ice-cold eyes.

About after 3 minutes, you finally interrupted them saying, "Does your staring contest isn't gonna finish yet?"

Both the males now we're staring at you after the statement you stated.

You shook your head vigorously, feeling the heaviness through the stares they threw at you. And continued,

"What? Hey, near... I thought you were the one who called Mello... right?"

Near shrugged his shoulders and cautiously said, "Yes... I had called you both here. But, You were the one who was leaving without informing. Our business isn't finished yet. Right Mello?"

Mello raised a brow in contradiction and spoke. "Near... I have no intention of working together with you on this."
"Yes, I know." The snow-ball replied.

"At the same time... You don't want us to simply leave either, so do I settle my death."

Near raised an eyebrow at the blonds words and uttered, "huh?"

"The killer notebook, it belongs to a shinigami, whoever touches it, is able to see a God of death."

"What?" The woman from the earlier confront snapped.

"That's crazy." The muscular man commented.

"Who the hell would believe in something like that?" A tall man beside the muscular one argued

"I would. I believe him completely. What good would it do for him, to tell such a religious lie like that? Even if he had something to gain, he could at least come up with a more believable story. Therefore, these gods of death must exist." The man with toys reasoned.

"The notebook I previously attained, belonged to a shinigami, perhaps he's been Kira himself. Also, some rules written inside ae fake. That's all I can tell you for now."

Near shared a look with you in acknowledgement & assurance both, but to your faith, you were not informed by anyone about all these happenings going on. Your brother tilted his head slightly and twirled a lock of his hair at your reaction, stating you for the time being.

"So, can we leave now? Or do you have some other useless topics to debate on?" Mello smirked at his rivals reaction.

Near snapped suddenly when hearing his rival's taunt since he was busy talking with his moon, through eye contact

"Hmm... No more... I suppose."

"Right."

Your boyfriend turned to you and signalled you to follow him. You nodded being helpless and followed him shortly.

Meanwhile, just before exiting, Mello spoke. "Near..."

"Mello?" To your surprise, not just him... But your brother replied immediately after his rivals call.

"Which of us is gonna reach Kira first I wonder."

"The race is on."

"We're both headed towards the same destination, I'll be waiting there for you.

"Mm, alright."

With that settled, Mello started walking off towards the exit, and you followed him shortly after bidding goodbyes with your snow-ball & reassuring at the same time.

...............

"Y/n, listen," Mello grunted.

"Now what?" You answered non-interested

"I and Matt are working on a plan to catch this motherfu**** Kira. So, I want you to stay here at this hotel until we came... Until you didn't get any truthful news about us. That sheep would inform you anywas. Got it?"

You raised an eyebrow at him and tilted your head in confusion. You thought maybe he was not so sure about him and matt that they are gonna return alive. 'But what about me?' You pursed your lips and crossed your arms thinking for an excuse.

"I understood what you meant by your risky plan... But, don't you promised I'll give some contribution to this case?"

Mello twitched his brows and stared at you with a intense glare.

You gulped hard for his deadly glares as adrenaline rushed through but again repeated. "Tell me Mihael?"

Mello looked down at his feet and walked away from the spot, soon racing towards the door of the room where he bought you and considered it as a hotel.

You picked your pace and grabbed his arm before letting him slip out of your will.
Mello took a halt when you forced him to stop. Youcouldn't keep your tears from falling, as you started sobbing suddenly.

He flinched at your sobs and immediately turned around to face you. You squeezed your eyes to stop the tears from flowing and tightened your grip on his arms. He seemed shocked by your sudden outburst but held you in his arms as you laid your head on his chest.

Mello caressed your cheeks, cupping his hands on your face. He made you look at him and kissed you delicately. You blushed at his actions but kissed back, wrapping your arms around him and hugged tightly, not wanting him to leave.

You thought, 'It has been a long time, I finally got back this sweet, soft, emotional Mello who cared for me.'

...............

"48 hours... It's been 2 days, he left me behind. Is he going to come back?"

You said checking the time on your cell phone.

'He promised matt and him, both will be back pretty soon... What happened now? Did he lie? Lied to me!?'

You rolled down your bed and grabbed your leather jacket and a black mask. Wearing the items, you escaped from the hotel's window. Since your boyfriend locked you in that room. 'Was he that foolish to think I didn't know any other routes?

...............

"Hey, Mello?" You called him just to track his location. Tho wasn't sure that he was going to pick or not.

You hang the call since the person you were calling was not answering.

You dialled Matt's number, hoping he would pick up.

"Matt? Hello?"

".....who?...."

"Oh hey, it's me, y/n."

"Mmm... Y/n? How did you get my number, Mello never gave you I thought-"

"It's not the time to answer non-necessry stuff. Now, tell me where are you?"

"..... sorry, I can't tell you."

Matt hung the line as you were going to demand. You smirked knowing you've already traced his location and hurried, racing to there.

.................

"What the fuck is happening here?"

You saw matt launching a smoke bomb on the streets and took a turn to drove, maintaining the speed of his car. There you saw a woman with short hair, wearing glasses and a red long coat standing outside near a building, which seemed kind of a workplace. You noted mentally that the woman you met some days before in the SPK, was right beside her. 'Maybe... That's the woman Mello was talking about

Mello told you that they were kidnapping a lady who was the spokesperson of Kira and made her spill information about this criminal.

'That means, this smoke bomb is a part of their plan to kidnap her.'

You somehow climbed on his car applying all your strength by chasing towards it at a correct pace.

"Hey, matt! What are you going to do next?"

"...I.. I don't know!"

"What? And where is Mells? Aren't you wo together??"

"No. He's already on his way."

"Wtf!? Where?"

You shrank at his words and concluded he must have planned to kidnap that woman by himself.

"Matt!?? What are you gonna do now??"

"I..don't know."

You clenched your fist at his response as adrenaline crossed over you at the thought of, 'if their plan isn't going to work?? Matt never seemed this discouraged'.
"Matt look the cops are following us!!"

Matt took a glance behind his car to check for the situation and what you meant. The cops were following your ride by their car and seemed that they can soon track down you guys.

To be continued.....

A/n :

Here I end this One-shot. Well, I would consider it a part one if you would like to read more on what will be the outcome... Do Matt, Y/n, Mello all three will die? Or would Mello be the one, who'll survive? Or would the trio survive somehow?

Please comment, if you wanna read part II of this.

If no, that's the end. The outcome of all this is up to you guys.

Forgive me, I know it isn't a happy ending or satisfying end... But that's it for this one. *peace out*

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.6K 2.1K 37
"๐ˆ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ ๐จ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ง๐." A star crossed impromptu road trip with the soon-to-be worlds greatest detective...
56 2 5
~๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ผ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ฎ...~ ๐“› ๐“›๐“ช๐”€๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐” ๐“•๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฎ!๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป/๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“”๐“ท๐“ณ๐“ธ๐”‚~! ^๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ : ๐“ž๐“ฅ๐“”๐“๐“›...
56.8K 2K 58
Prepare for *TASK FORCE SHOCK HORROR* as Lola sweeps L off his feet, adopts Near and Mello, and skillfully diverges the plot. (It is not skilful.) L...
109K 2.6K 20
Maybe it's better sometimes to keep suspicions to yourself?. . . You made the mistake of admitting to Light that you thought he was Kira. Now Light's...