His Light, Her Darkness

By FoggyCloudyWords

"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: The Men In Suits
Chapter 3: Chop Off His Head
Chapter 4: The Interview
Chapter 5: First Glance
Chapter 6: The Day Her Fate Was Sealed
Chapter 7: Dinner Disaster
Chapter 8: A Night To Forget
Chapter 9: In The Spotlight
Chapter 10: Bumping Into Him
Chapter 11: Becoming His
Chapter 12: Kidnapped
Chapter 13: A Brief Goodbye
Chapter 14: Shipment Awry
Chapter 15: Lamb In The Lions Den
Chapter 16: A Familiar Face
Chapter 17: The Cellar
Chapter 18: A New Friend?
Chapter 19: This Is How A War Begins
Chapter 20: Apology Denied
Chapter 21: Guilt Only Extends So Far
Chapter 22: Sickness
Chapter 23: Forgiveness Doesn't Come Easy
Chapter 24: A Normal Past
Chapter 25: Looking For The One Who Took Her
Chapter 26: Interrogation
Chapter 27: A Promise
Chapter 28: Under Surveillance
Chapter 29: The Babysitter
Chapter 30: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 31: The Storm
Chapter 32: The First Threat
Chapter 33: Apple Juice Is Better
Chapter 34: Arrival
Chapter 35: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 36: Settling In
Chapter 37: What Did The Orange Ever Do?
Chapter 38: BINGO!
Chapter 39: Breaking Point
Chapter 40: The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 41: One Too Many Snacks
Chapter 42: Acceptance?
Chapter 43: The Ball
Chapter 45: The Daring Escape Pt. 2
Chapter 46: The Daring Escape Pt. 3
Chapter 47: Reunion
Chapter 48: Safe
Chapter 49: The Rain Has Fallen
Chapter 50: Terrible Things
Chapter 51: Feels Like Home
Chapter 52: A Misunderstanding
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Time To Go Home
Chapter 55: Realisation
Chapter 56: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 57: When Lies Unravel
Chapter 58: Love
Chapter 59: Per Favore
Chapter 60: Hate
Chapter 61: An Empty Promise
Chapter 62: Before, When Things Weren't So Bad
Chapter 63: Not All's Forgotten
Chapter 64: The Future Only Encompasses Death
Chapter 65: Shattered Soul
Chapter 66: A Relief So Great
Chapter 67: This Is The End
Chapter 68: Happiness
Chapter 69: I Need A Gun
Chapter 70: See You On The Other Side
Chapter 71: The Funeral
Chapter 72: Long Live The Marino Empire
Chapter 73: It's Over
Chapter 74: The End
Epilogue
SEQUEL (Discontinued)

Chapter 44: The Daring Escape Pt. 1

268K 8K 2.4K
By FoggyCloudyWords

"I'm sorry?" I question.

A proposition? What kind of proposition? And what is she talking about when she says she hates Matteo? I can't agree with her, as much as I do, I can't take the risk that she is working for Matteo as his spy or something, despite how unlikely that seems.

"I don't hate-"

"Look, it's your decision whether you want to follow through with this, but here me out okay? This benefits you more than it does me." She hisses, taking a look back towards where Matteo had disappeared to. "Let's take this somewhere more private."

Yanking on my arm, she begins the drag me away from Matteo and towards the hall where we had entered through. Passing by the minglers, we head further down the hall and away from the entrance of the mansion.

Suddenly, she pulls me into an empty room, slamming the door behind us and flicking on the light.

It's a large sitting room, decorated with huge plum coloured couches that look like they should be in some sort of medieval castle.

"How can I trust anything you have to say?" I query.

Katerina lets go of my arm and sighs, taking a step back, away from me heading further into the room. She runs her hand through her black hair , then balling her hands into fists at her side. "You can't." She says. "But it doesn't mean you shouldn't."

I honestly don't know what to think of this woman. "Why do you hate Matteo?" I ask, stepping further into the room, away from the door.

Katerina drops herself onto one of the couches, and places her head in her hands. She looks as if she's exhausted. "Matteo and I have a complicated relationship. All you need to know is that he betrayed my trust, and it cost me everything."

"I'm sorry, but that isn't enough for me to trust you. I don't care about your petty family drama." I state, my voice cold.

"Wow, I wonder what drew Matteo to you." She remarks chuckling.

I stare at her, waiting for some kind of explanation, and it isn't until I begin to back away towards the door, that she jumps up. "Okay, okay. I'll tell you. But this needs to be quick. Matteo will have guards patrolling the whole house for you any minute."

I nod, knowing full well the lengths that he will go to, to keep me in his possession.

"A few years ago, I met a girl--My now wife. I kept it a secret from my family for months, none of them could know that I was in a relationship with a girl, otherwise I would be cut off from the family, ties and funding--Everything." She sighs. "Long story short, Matteo found out, and told our father. And he was just as ruthless as I had expected him to be. Matteo took everything from me, so now I want to return the favour." Katerina smirks up at me, evilly.

She certainly has a motive to want to destroy him, but then again, I bet everyone who he's ever met does.

"Okay..." I nod my head.

If she is really serious about this proposition, I think I can trust her. It's not like I have much more of a choice, and what can Matteo do if he finds out? Sure he can threaten my mother, but he would never actually do anything, because then he would no longer have any leverage.

"So, what is it you are proposing?"

"One of my men works for Matteo, and he happens to have access to the elevator up to his penthouse. One o'clock, tomorrow morning, he can collect you and bring you to me. You'll be free, and I'll have made Matteo angry, we both get what we want. What do you say?"

I don't know what to say. How the hell am I supposed to ensure that Matteo wont wake up and find out what is happening? "How am I to know Matteo wont wake up?"

"I almost forgot," Her eyes widen and she searches in her purse that I hadn't realised she'd been carrying. She quickly pulls out a small clear bag with a capsule. "Just empty this into his drink, and he'll be out for hours."

Her smirk reminds me so much of him, it's unsettling.

I take the bag from her hand and shove it down the other side of my bra. "And what's to say you won't keep me prisoner?"

"I have no reason to." She rolls her eyes. "I just want to take everything Matteo holds so dearly, which is you, along with his precious mafia inheritance."

"Mafia inheritance?" I knew he was involved with the mafia, especially within New York, but I had no idea he was to inherit an entire mafia.

She chuckles. "You really don't know anything do you?"

"It seems I don't." I mumble.

"Well, we better get back to the party before Matteo gets too anxious." Katerina says, and I nod in agreement. She sweeps by me, opening the door and slipping through, as I follow closely behind.

Once we arrive back to the party, I sigh in relief. Thankfully I don't see any visible guards looking for me, but I'm sure there are. We enter the ballroom and head over to the centre, where we had been minutes ago. Hopefully Matteo won't be suspicious. That won't help if I'm wanting to escape tonight.

"Where the fuck did you go." Matteo growls from behind me, latching onto my arm. I take in a breath and turn to him. He looks calm and composed, then yet again he always does.

"I-" I begin.

"I showed your little pet to the ladies room." Katerina purrs. "I hope that is alright."

His eyes narrow as he scans over both me and his sister, as if detecting for any lies. "I want you to stay the fuck away from me and Mia. You wouldn't want father finding out about this, would you?" He sears.

Katerina does nothing but blink, taking one last look at me, I can feel all the emotions coming off of her. What Matteo did to his own sister was harsh, I don't know what it's like to have a sibling, but I would never do something like that to them, if I did have one. And I certainly wouldn't expect that from someone who is supposed to be related to me.

Just as Katerina leaves, Dante approaches us, with his eyes fixed on Matteo's sibling. "What's Katerina doing here?" He questions.

"Stirring trouble, as usual." Matteo mumbles, his hand still tightly wrapped around my forearm, and it takes everything within me not to snatch my it away from him. I need to be obedient, avoid any suspicion.

"Hmmm," Dante stops in front of us and looks to Matteo and then to me. "Is... Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine." I say. I can feel Matteo look down at me. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"Yes, everything is fine." Matteo confirms.

"Alright, well if you're done here, I suggest we leave. It's already eleven o'clock, and I can feel we're all getting irritable." Dante says.

Matteo nods his head. "Have the cars brought around immediately, and have the area scanned for any activity." Dante nods and disappears into the room of people, but not before looking hungrily at one of the almost naked dancers who he brushes up against.

"What did my sister say to you?" Matteo asks. His dark eyes are even darker in the dim lightly, and his clean cut jaw looks ever sharper in the shadows. Once again I'm reminded of this man's beauty.

"Nothing."

"I'm not an idiot, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know what is going on between you and your sister, Matteo, and I don't care. She showed me to the washroom and treated me like dirt. You and your sister are very much alike in that regard." I spit.

Matteo laughs. "My sister and I are not alike, in the slightest. And if you think I've been treating you like dirt, you've got another thing coming."

I frown and furrow my eyebrows. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Just as I'm about to retort something back at him, Matteo receives a call from Dante, alerting him that the cars are ready and waiting outside, and that the perimeter has been scanned.

"Time to go home." He says.

I take a deep breath in.

Now the night really begins.
------------------------------------------------------
Yooooooo Peeps!
Things do be getting exciting now... Also I would just like to address that orange juice is superior to apple juice.
Thank you, and good night!
-FoggyCloudyWords

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 127 18
Minato neglected Naruto after Kushina died from childbirth which swept her away and put a lot of pressure on him. Kakashi started ignoring his little...
1.4M 26.8K 27
They hated each other since they were kids. Shane Brontë was the boy who made fun of her hair in kindergarten. He laughed when she scrapped her knee...
80.9M 1.9M 36
Sophia will do anything to escape an arranged marriage to the arrogant billionaire, Enrique Monteiro, but he has more control than she knows. ...