Let me be your moon

By AnkSun344

An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is di... More

Aesthetics and Characters
Chapter 1- Up the stairs
Chapter 2 - Inside the club
Chapter 3 - From home to the office
Chapter 4 - Treatment couch
Chapter 5 - Too much convincing
Character's Insight
Chapter 6 - Pity is not my thing
Chapter 7 - Expected
Chapter 8 - Offering the Sun
Chapter 9 - Give and accept
Chapter 10 - Give and accept 'part 2'
Chapter 11 - The 'D' day
Chapter 12 - The Date day
Chapter 14 - No one but him
Chapter 15 - It was all a game
Chapter 16 - Welcome
Chapter 17 - Kailash
Chapter 18 - Reception for all
Chapter 19 - The Talk
Chapter 20 - I don't share
Chapter 21- It's cold outside
Chapter 22- It was nothing
Chapter 23 - The beating explained
Chapter 24- That much I knew
Chapter 25- A kind of music
Chapter 26 - A trip to Neverland
Chapter 27 - Back to pavilion
Chapter 28 - Mr. Dhillon is here
Chapter 29 - Dead Inside
Chapter 30- Copper
Chapter 31- Answer to my prayers
Chapter 32- The festival of colours
Chapter 33- Hold me within
Chapter 34- His girlfriend
Chapter 35 - You woke up in my bed
Chapter 36- Sick. Mad. I am in love with you.
Chapter 37 - I saw him. I SAW him.
Chapter 38- Strangely Euphoric
Chapter 39- My smile
Chapter 40 - Call from Mummy
Chapter 41- Haldi-Mehendi
Chapter 42- fate
Chapter 43- remaining
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 13 - 'You are sick!'

6.9K 504 146
By AnkSun344

'She asked me to talk, so I started confessing my love'

______________________

The first ever 'You are Sick'

Avrudh's POV

"You are thirty three and single, why?"
she asked still interrogating me.

The game of twenty question the lady decided to play was surely set on her own rules, where she was asking and I was the only one answering, never the other way around.

For the thought I was liking this change.

First time in my life I wasn't asking, I was being asked to.

I leaned in closer, I was mesmerized by her scent. Sadhvi, turned a little nervous because of that but the lady in front of me knew how to cover her expression.

I made her flustered I liked the thought because she was affecting me just similar.

Sadhvi has this strange fragrance, addictive I admit, but something which feels complete and it makes me crave for more. I wanted my share of the fragrance.
Just like I wanted my share of her.

She was bold I had known but she had the capability to make me cave-just like that-I would've never known.

One look in her eyes and my walls come falling down.

The first time I ever saw her...

I saw her when ACP Pranav Nanda, her father was invited to one of the annual parties my family throws.

My father and her father became allies around three years ago, when Dad seeked ACP Nanda's help to solve some problem.

Since then they have been in very good terms.

Through these annual parties I have met almost all the friends of my parents, parties as such are good to interact and make allies.

Some relations become special, from just being good terms they grow on each other eventually. Just like this.

That day she came to pick her father up from the party because her father's office car broke down.
Dad and her father were talking among themselves when she entered the lobby and asked the help desk to call her father.

I was standing there talking to my fellow mates who were leaving the party when my eyes caught her.

She was like a bud back then, a small delicate rose bud. A lady in progress but breath stealing nonetheless.
Her face, her eyes and that small but perfectly shaped nose held her innocence.

The fire in her eyes is still evident.

Her father called her approaching her, but I wasn't able make what he name said, she turned to see him and grinned, her father introduced her to my father and she touched my Dad's feet.

They talked and the time I decided to join them-so that I could at least get her name, they left.

Three years it has been three years since I last saw her.
After that night for a week, her face kept haunting me, I was creating an image in my mind where she smiled and gave me her name.

I was happy by that much only. I had a crush at the age of 30 I realised that day. It was after a long time.

With time I got occupied with stuff and totally forgotten about her but a month back from now I saw her again or maybe she saw me first.

She was out with her friends clubbing when she joked about me.

Like she said, no I am not used to going to clubs or partying unless they are professional gatherings.

I have been a nerd like she said but I was never shy. I have been blunt with my words and remarks. I tease and bark too.

When she joked about my mother calling me, I was too stunned to react, she had fearlessly said something like that-what if some psychopath was there in my place.

And she had been right too. It was my mother's call.

And when she turned to look at me, I lost my soul then and there.

One look at her face and every previous image of her I had in my portrayed came rushing in.

I was making a bet to myself we are destined one way or another.

I started looking for her.

I wasn't really successful because when I went to meet her father in office he started talking about something else altogether and I couldn't build the courage to utter a words about his kids.

Meheka then came to my mind but asking her directly felt really embarrassing.

Sanidhya was never an option he is too protective of Sadhvi, even more than necessary.

The guy I have witnessed personally shoot daggers at every men staring at Sadhvi.

The fan following for Sadhvi was something beyond listing, she was charming it was declared.

The list of followers for Meheka must be big too but Sadhvi was the one I was interested in ever.

I wanted to stalk her through social media when I realised I stopped using it after turning twenty eight.

At this moment where she is sitting so close to me I wanted to do so many things with her.
Things such as holding her close even, brushing those hair strands off her face which she kept waving off but never really tucking them behind.

The tease she is.

She smiled at me shyly and I felt like I was standing in the pouring rain facing the clouds, letting them soak me with everything they had.
I was this willing to accept whatever she has to offer.

She keeps challenging me time to time and I was determined to leave her sated.

She has that power which makes me keep asking for more. Little did I know that was the game my soon to be, the little minx was pulling all along.

When the news of my brother getting married to a girl name Sadhvi, who is Meheka's sister ringed my ears. Everything in my world shattered. I left all the hope of ever getting someone of my own, I remained unvocal but vent my defeat out in the gym.

I lost whatever hope I had in my heart to have her as mine, the idea flew out of the box, leaving my heart in havoc.

Avesh's attraction towards Meheka was visible to me and I many a times teased him about that so that the brother of mine give me a reaction for my doubts being true but he always just smiled.

Avesh kept on repeating it's me who should be getting married first not him, he kept his feelings to himself so that I can get someone of my own before, but then Bua had to interfere.

With only her name I was in my gym drowning in sorrow when the guards informed me of her arrival.

As soon as her voice reached my ears through the intercom I thanked the almighty because I guessed the reason of her arrival. I was holding onto that only hope.

She talked to Bua ji so smartly playing the elder sister card that I was having a hard time believing she is a doctor.
She debates wonderful.

With everything done I needed just an opportunity to get hold of the situation and marry her.
I was planning to ask her hand in marriage when Bua ji asked me to marry her anyways. Like usual she has to interfere but now I wasn't complaining.

She, the whole night ate my ears out about Sadhvi this and Sadhvi that. Sadhvi had my Bua following her like her fan.

I was ecstatic this morning because I had the whole evening planned, a perfect dinner and later a perfect walk around the park.
And if my luck permits I will hold her hand too.

I was known to be a bold man but for her I was keeping a leash on to the boldness.

I brushed my hair twice and had trimmed my beard, styled my moustache and left the house with a smile plastered on my face. I instructed the driver to stop by a flower shop, I needed to give flowers to a beautiful flower.

I bought carnations to let her know my feelings for her are sincere. It took complete fifteen minutes to decide because roses in red would declare love and that will be too much too soon.

Despite what I was already feeling
If not roses then what I googled and carnations felt just right.

I waited for her outside the restaurant gates with the bouquet in hand but she never came.
Ten minutes turned forty-five with no phone call or message I was hurt the most-if not ego damage.

It was my heart who told my driver to take me to her clinic and afraid she had left already I told him to leave.
I was saving myself some shame, I didn't wanted him to see me getting ditched by a girl I was mad about.

She stood me up intentionally or otherwise I was yet to find out.

I was in suspense that was enough shameful, including my workers in it too would be feeding the fire.

Workers talk and I needed to rescue my reputation. I called her when he left.

All my hurt, all the anger I had flew out when she stood a foot away from me.

She smiled small and her eyes said it all. She was dressed for me.

She wouldn't have done that if not very urgent.

I had the flowers in my hand, still planning how to give them to her. I was stood up after all.

I wanted her to earn them.

If I was investing my best here then I will be expecting the same too.

She held my hand dragging me inside her workplace and that knocked the breath out off me.

This was the first time a girl I was falling in love with held me with so strong emotion. She wanted to earn my trust, my forgiveness; she wanted me to know I was special to her.

When I stood by the glass window I smiled, hiding it from her.

Sadhvi couldn't be more perfect. I always wanted a girl who will love me as much as I love her.

She was willing to do it all for me.

I smiled once again here looking into her shy eyes.

"I am thirty four and single because what I was looking for never reached my eyes"

"Why so? What are you looking exactly?"

"I was looking, Sadhvi" and she pushed her head back a little seemingly surprised

"I was looking for everything you have to offer Sadhvi"
the lady in front of me blushed profusely but hid it well once again.

She puffed, "Stop flattering me, we are anyways getting married"
but the blush on her cheeks was obvious

Sarcasm and being coy was Sadhvi's defense.

I smirked looking into her eyes, when she looked down, too shy to make eye contact.

Her phone rang and she informed me the delivery guy is downstairs. I offered to go down to pick the food up.

The security guard in front of her building was eyeing me as if I was going to do something dirty inside.
He was calculating me, whether I have good intensions or bad.
I nodded at him smiling.

I am a Judge but here I was being judge. Fate.

He was polite enough to reciprocate but soon his smile disappeared into one of those calculating eyes again.

I am one innocent man. Please.

I reached the door to her studio when the view in front of me had me paused and I stood there to picture it all in.

In the candle light she sat, looking outside the glass wall, gazing the trees.

She found two plates from where I don't know.

Her back facing me, the little light we had there doing her beauty no justice, the dim was hiding her.
I wanted more lights to quench my thirst of her face but seemed like this was the only option.

Her one hand supporting her sitting position while the other hand was drawing absent circles on her foot; she was thinking something and I wanted to know if she was thinking of me.

I took a step towards her and she sensed me, turned to look at me and smiled.

My heart just left me there and ran upto her, embraced her all to himself.

Like I said the candle light being the criminal hiding her to itself, all of her beauty he wasn't sharing with me.

Her eyes were shining, that perfect curve of her nose and those not full not small lips smiled at me.

I sat in front of her in daze, she took the packed food from me and started serving in silence, I took this as an opportunity to savor her.

She knew I was watching, Sadhvi was trying to hide her face with the veil of her hair.

"Let's start eating" she said forwarding my plate to me and opening the pet bottle of Coca cola.

"How many girlfriends you had?"
she asked me

I wanted to hide my face, "None"

She kept her plate down in shock,
"What? None?"

"Is that really hard to believe?"
I said and moved to drink my soft-drink

"It is. You are hot"

I laughed. "I know I am but... never got enough time to start"

"You have had crushes?"

"yes"
I said and started eating my second Roti

"You have been out on dates?"
she asked intrigued

"Three or four"
I shrugged.
Giving them my time and un-diverted attention was the problem.

She huffed,
"Then why not girlfriend. Not even one?"

"Why does that bother you?"
I asked now suddenly interested
"I was a nerd you know that now"

"I never said nerds can't date and no, it doesn't bother me, if anything I am happy because there will be no exes drama"
she shrugged and resumed eating she still on her first roti I realised.

She was a slow eater.

"What about you?"
I asked eyeing her.

I was dreading the answer

"What about me?"
she shrugged

"Sadhvi" I gave her a stoic face

She giggled and said,
"I have had one boyfriend and went on quite a number of dates"

I nodded.
I don't know what to make of it.
"How long have you been single?"

She laughed this time,
"Eight years now I think"

"Those relationships were a long time ago and nothing mutual at all. The guys in school and colleges fall easily for girls that are confident about themselves."
She said shaking her head

Honestly, internally I sighed like a million times. It was a relief her feeling had never been mutual for any of them.

Were her feelings there for me yet? I wanted to know but seeming it's early to ask that I held my curiosity in.

"Avrudh... I am a little curious."

Matching her speed of eating I was still slowly eating my second roti,
"Curious about what?"

"You never had a girlfriend so that means you are a... you are a virgin."
She gave me her playful eyes.

She asked and I choked on my food.
Giving me the glass of water she burst out laughing.

"You are even lips virgin, you've never been kissed before too. Right?"
she continued her interrogation and I prayed to dear god.

She wasn't holding her curiosities in for a bit.

The girl was killing me.

Once sobered I stared at her long and steady.
How can someone looking so calm can turn so lethal at once.

"I'll take that as a yes"
she said and smirking to herself started eating her food again.

No, I wasn't offended at all because by now I had her understood too, Sadhvi was similar case as me.
Untouched and saved, she has her priorities set and her wants listed.

She wanted to know my side because she wanted to check what I have in stock for her, was I same as her or was I some pro in this.

I took a minute in silence to stare more.

There is this mole on her cheek, exactly in the center of her right cheek, then there was another under her right eye near the end and if you look closely there are two moles on her chin too.

One exactly where her chin ends and one above it, which was a little deep, they accentuated her beauty.
Enlightening her face.

She with the back of her hand brushed some rogue strands of hair of her right cheek and I followed with my eyes.

I wanted to do that for her.

Brushing her cheeks and touching her was the only reward I wanted for tonight.

For the next fifteen minutes, we said nothing, ate our food in silence.

After washing our hands we decided to lie down on the floor it was only eight thirty, we still had an hour before parting.

She was lying beside me, so close yet so far.

She was just mere inches away from me and yet I couldn't hold her.

I wanted to start our previous conversation, I wanted to know about her too but I stopped myself respecting her privacy.

Beside me she was lying flat with her hands intertwined on her stomach, whereas mine were interlaced under my head. We were both talking to ourselves but not uttering a word.

I turned to look at her face, her cheek was in my vision again, that same mole.

My mind went back to the memory of her, my whole life in every girl I ever liked, I was searching this face. And now that this face is here in front of me I wanted to just stare if she would let me.

Sadhvi turned to look at me and our eyes locked, there was this small smile on her lips which was saying she was feeling every emotion that I was drowning in.

My life that day in my parent's house got entangled with her for forever and I don't find myself trying to set free.

I was happy to even offer her my reins.

I wanted her to happily accept to be mine. I wanted her to hug me and say she is willing to be mine.
Because I dedicated the whole of me to her that night.

"Avrudh"
she called looking at me

I nodded at her with a soft hum

"You said you have never had a girlfriend before..."

I sighed turning to look up at the ceiling, "Sadhvi, why are we still talking about it? Don't make me regret telling you that."

She made a click sound and held my arm tilting her body a little up,
"Your hand must be sore by now, your life partner since so long"
she made a click sound again

It took me a second to understand what she said and when I turned to react Sadhvi burst out laughing.

Did she just made fun of me, by accusing me of mastrub...

"I am sorry, but I couldn't hold that back in. I wasn't able to digest the idea of your celibacy for thirty three years. I am so sorry"
she said between her laughter
She clutched her stomach and laughed hard.

I rest there just watching I couldn't be offended if my celibacy earned me her beautiful laughter.

When she saw me still looking at her, she sighed wiping a single tear,
"I am sorry" but there was still a big smile on her face

I turned to face ceiling not trusting myself. I might end up kissing her if she continues like that.

She touched my arm again and leaned her head on her other hand,
"Promise me you will break-up with this girlfriend when we will get married"

She laughed again and this time her face fell on my arm.

I couldn't help myself and laughed too, it was funny.
"I don't make fake promises"

She gasped,
"I can't believe you said that, married to me, you are telling me you are going to continue with this affair. How dare you?!"

"You are sick, you know that?!"
I exclaimed

We both laughed this time.

I was right.
I was falling.

Falling so deep that I was drawing close to her and moving away from myself.

I knew that the first time I saw her, there was a reason behind my heart responding that way to her.

Slowly by inches I was making my way to her and I was afraid to lose my very reason of existence in her absence.

______________________

'Can I have her all to myself?
For forever?'
__________________________

I know, I know, the chapter was big.
Very big, we had 3500 words to read but suck it up it was Avrudh doing the talking. The guy talk alot to himself and now you know.
How was he by the way?!
Good?
Dreamy?
Hot?

*Sigh
I need a man like that.
I don't even have a friend of my father who one day will come and say
'lets turn this friendship into relationship' 😭

Anyways do tell me your response after Avrudh.

With love,
Ankita 🐿️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 7.9K 28
"To the heartbeat that quickens at your touch, a melody only our souls can truly dance to......." IZHAAR: Sanity to my Insanity and Peace to my Chaos...
285K 9K 36
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...
518K 20.7K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thornsπŸ₯€ He was the thorn that would destroy herπŸ”± Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...
1.9M 100K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...