If Only You Knew

By bradleemorris

Harry Potter runs into none other than Draco Malfoy, four years after the war. The two discover that maybe 'h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
A/N and Sequel?

Chapter 18

217 8 3
By bradleemorris

"Dray, could you get the door?" Draco walked to the front door and opened it to find a large bloke standing in front of him. "Are you Dudley?" Draco asked, nervously. "Yeah. Are you Harry's roommate?" Draco nodded. "That is correct. But before I let you in, Harry didn't just save the wizarding world, he saved your world too. Without him, innocent mugg- er people like yourself would have been killed. I know you didn't treat him well growing up and I'm glad that you've made up, but don't lay a finger on him or say anything to hurt him, because I won't hold back from hurting you." Dudley looked frightened. "Dray, who is it?" Harry called from the kitchen. "It's your cousin." Harry ran to the front door. "Draco Lucius Malfoy, what did you say to him?" Draco looked at his feet, embarrassed. "Sorry Ry. I was just looking out for you." Harry shook his head. "I'm ok Dray. You go wait by the fireplace for our other guests. I bet they'll come by Floo. Dudley, nice to see you." 

Harry stuck out his hand. Dudley shook it. "Look, I'm sorry Potter. I didn't know what I was saying back when we were younger. I didn't know how important you were either. Thank you for saving the world. From now on I'll try to be a better cousin." Harry nodded. "Thanks, Dudley. You can call me Harry by the way. To be honest, I did have lots of help with the war, but you're welcome. In all honesty, Draco saved my life twice so we really have him to thank for winning the war." Dudley lowered his voice. "Is he your boyfriend? He's the one your friend was talking about in that letter I read." Harry blushed. "I wish. No, we're just friends and don't tell him I said that." Dudley laughed. "No problem." 

The two made their way into the living room to join Draco. As they entered, Seamus and Dean stepped out of the fireplace. "Hey guys," Harry said excitedly. He went over and hugged his friends. "You two came together?" Dean chuckled. "Seamus and I are together. It's good to see you." Seamus nodded. "Yeah Harry, we were beginning to think you'd forgotten us." Harry shook his head. "Never and congratulations. Ron owes me 10 sickles." The boys all laughed. "Dean, Seamus, you know Draco, and this is my cousin Dudley. We're friends now. Dudley these two were my roommates at Hogwarts." Dudley gave a curt nod. "Nice to meet you." Then Draco spoke up. "I'd like to apologize to you guys. I'm sorry." Dean and Seamus nodded and smiled. "It's ok. If Harry forgives you, we do too. We read the article in the paper. Thanks for saving him." Dean said politely. "Are you two together?" Seamus asked. Both boys blushed and shook their heads.

The awkwardness was interrupted by Ron coming through the Floo. "Harry, what's he doing here?" Ron asked right off the bat. "Ron, calm down, he apologized." Ron nodded, still not convinced Dudley should be there. "Alright, well hi Draco. Dean, Seamus, nice to see you." They said their hellos. "Ron, you owe me ten sickles." Harry laughed. Ron turned to Dean and Seamus. "You're dating? Congrats!" Then turned to Harry. "Here mate." He said handing Harry 10 sickles. "Dudley, this is my best friend Ron. It was his letter you read. Also, he was the one who helped me escape in a flying car. I believe you met when he picked me up for the Quidditch World Cup." Dudley nodded. "It's good to see you again, Ron." Ron half-smiled. 

"The fun can commence, the Slytherins are here," Blaise shouted, stepping through the fireplace with Theodore Nott. "Theo! Good to see you mate. It's been a while. I know you've missed my gorgeous face." Theo laughed and hugged Draco. "Why does everyone keep saying that to me?" Blaise chuckled. "Blaise, you stole my line?" Draco laughed. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." He answered. "Harry, this is Theo, and Theo you obviously know Golden Boy over here." Harry's face fell. "Sorry Ry, you can call him Harry." Theo shook Harry's hand. "Thanks for having me and for saving the world." Harry nodded. "You're welcome to visit anytime." Draco decided to speed up the introductions. "This is Harry's muggle cousin, Dudley, those two obnoxious ones are Blaise and Theo, my Hogwarts roommates and friends, Seamus and Dean from Gryffindor and obviously Ron who's attached to Harry by the hip, no offence." Everyone said hello to each other.

"Two more," Harry said. Immediately following, Goyle emerged from the fireplace. "Goyle, you made it. Everyone, this is my friend Goyle. Everyone except Dudley would already know that though. Goyle, you know everyone except Dudley, Harry's cousin. Well, you should know Dean and Seamus although you've never met. Goyle nodded. "Hey, Weasley?" Goyle asked. "Call me Ron... Wait, you talk?" Draco laughed. "Very funny Ron. Yes, he does." Goyle continued. "Thank you for saving me from the fiendfyre. I still haven't recovered from Crabbe's death, but he did start the fire. Harry thank you as well for having Ron and Granger come back for us and for you coming back for us." Harry smiled. "You're welcome, Goyle. Thanks for coming." Ron nodded. "We had our differences, but saving you was the right thing to do." 

Finally, Neville tumbled out of the fireplace. "Sorry, I forgot you moved and tried going to Grimmauld Place. It didn't end well." Harry held back a laugh. "That's ok Neville. Welcome." Neville smiled and looked around. Harry turned to Dudley. "Neville was my final roommate, along with Ron, I'm not sure I told you Ron was also my roommate." Dudley said hello. "I'm Harry's cousin." Neville turned to see Malfoy, Goyle, Zabini and Nott. "Harry you didn't tell me they'd be here. I mean, I understand why you invited Malfoy. But why are his backups here?" Harry frowned. "Neville, they aren't going to jinx, curse, hex or beat you. Draco is my roommate. These are his friends." Neville gulped. "Hi." Draco shook his head. "I'm sorry for the past Neville. So are these guys." Neville nodded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys drank some fire whiskey and talked about their lives after Hogwarts, lives at Hogwarts, and the Dursley home. Goyle learned that Harry used a Polyjuice potion to look like him and found it hilarious. Ron complimented the food numerous times and continued requesting to move in with Harry and Draco. 

"So, Draco. You didn't tell me you and Harry were dating. It's about time mate." Theo clapped Draco in the back. "Er, we aren't dating." Draco blushed. "Oh right sorry." Harry nodded. "Why? You wanna steal my man?" Harry stood up to walk toward Theo but fell over. "I've gotta get this one into bed. Too much to drink." Draco explained. He picked Harry up and carried him to bed. "Good night Harry." Draco went to leave but Harry pulled him back down onto the bed. "Stay, I can't sleep without you." Draco rolled his eyes. "Our guests are still here. I have to entertain them." Harry scoffed. "Just transfigure stuff into beds for them and come back, ok." Draco sighed. "Ok, Harry." Draco did not intend to do so, but Harry would just fall asleep anyway. "Hey everyone, sorry. Do you guys plan on staying the night? You shouldn't apparate or use the Floo while drunk so it's best if you do. Everyone agreed to stay. "Do you guys have a DVD player? I brought a film." All the others just stared at Dudley. "What's a film?" Draco asked. "Oh, I know. It's like a magic photo. It moves and tells a story." Dean explained. "What's a DVD player?" Draco continued. "It's what plays the films. Do you have a television?" Draco sighed. "What's that?" Dudley laughed. "Never mind." Draco chuckled. "Wait wait wait. I learned how to transfigure objects into those." Dean exclaimed and proceeded to do so. 

Draco transfigured some pillows into air mattresses and set them up for the guests. Then Dudley popped in the movie X-Men. Everyone was in total awe except for Dudley and Dean. "This is brilliant," Ron exclaimed. Halfway through the movie, Draco said goodnight to everyone and excused himself.

He walked into his room to find Harry, still awake, waiting for him. "About time," Harry said. "Really Ry? How did you not pass out by now?" Harry scowled. "That's not very nice." Draco sighed. "I know, I'm sorry. You still wanna cuddle?" He asked while changing into his pyjamas. Harry nodded, sleepily. "Alright then." Draco crawled into bed. Harry kissed him on the cheek, wrapped his arms around him and nuzzled his head into his neck. He fell asleep immediately. Draco was shocked. "Harry just kissed me on the cheek! But he was drunk. It was nice. But it didn't mean anything. Oh well." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Ron decided to see if Draco and Harry still slept the same way. He popped his head in the room and there they were. Just like last time. But this time Draco was running his hands through Harry's hair and his other hand was on top of Harry's. He went and got Blaise to show him, resulting in everyone else following too. "Do they always do this?" Theo asked. "Yep," Ron answered. "It looks right. You know what I mean?" Seamus asked. "Like it's supposed to be that way." Dean finished. Dudley, Neville and Goyle nodded. Draco glanced at the door. "Oh, not this again. Go away!" They were all smarter than to mess with Draco. They scurried away from the door. "Harry, get up lov- Ry, our friends are hungry." Harry looked up at Draco. "I don't wanna get up. You're so comfy." Draco lifted Harry off of him. "Despite he much I love hearing about how great I am, we have to feed them." Draco went to go make breakfast. "My head hurts Dray." Draco chuckled. "You're hungover Harry. Come, I have a potion for that." The boys walked hand in hand to Harry's old bedroom. Only because otherwise Harry would fall over. Draco gave him a potion and he instantly felt better. "Thank you Dray. I'm so glad I moved in with the best potion maker in our year. It pays off." 

Everyone started clearing out. Dudley said if they did this again, he would bring Spider-Man. The only people left were Ron, Harry and Draco. Ron refused to leave without another helping of eggs and some leftover chicken from the night before. "Sorry about this morning Draco." Ron apologized. Draco blushed. "I'm not going to allow guests if it happens every time." Draco groaned. Harry sat there, very confused, as usual. Ron apologized again, took his food and headed home. Draco made Harry some tea from the box he bought yesterday. "What did Ron mean?" Harry asked. "Nothing. Don't worry about it." Harry paused. "What's Spider-Man?" Draco snorted. "A muggle film. You've never heard of it?" Harry shook his head. "I never had permission to watch the television." Draco sighed. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Draco was out shopping for Harry's birthday so Harry was alone. He went into his old bedroom, now the potion room, to feed Dragon. His snitch tattoo had been acting funny recently. It kept flying near his mouth. It never did that. Usually, it stays hidden under clothes. Draco's was doing the same, but his was flying on his forehead and cheek. Harry lifted Dragon's cage to clean it and found a letter underneath like it had been hidden. Harry read it and gasped. "Draco Malfoy has purchased a home. Draco Malfoy is going to leave me. My Draco is leaving."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 100 37
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...
86.1K 3.1K 23
Harry's life was long turned upside-down two years ago at the start of his fourth school year, where he was bitten by a vampire. Alongside him, Draco...
161K 4K 21
"Yeah, um, I..." But the lingering effects of Felix wouldn't let me lie. "I do. I really like you." "Not platonically, then." "Not platonically." "We...
12.3K 476 11
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy for as long as they can remember have been enemies, it started the day Draco reached out his hand and Harry refused it...