The Boy Without A Name

Oleh ImperfectPsychotic04

"Give me a reason then." The boy demanded, eyes fuelled by a rage that was not unknown to him. "What?" Emmett... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-One

12 4 0
Oleh ImperfectPsychotic04

One Year Later-

Upon the cenotaph centred around his shattered dreams, worshipped the wind wearily, slightly curving at the cold crunched lifeless leaves around the circumference of his tombstone, whispering sweet condolences around the stilled silence, but the wailing winds of westward vista emitted combinations of cacophony, mourning over his loss as if it meant something to the world. Death paraded in pursuit of the gallant, greatly eliciting wishes from the glorious; cherishing life until ruination, resisting rows of rigorous rancour especially thrown towards them for valour, by the defeatless deceit; only to succumb to the war for mere temptation to sleep sentiently in a bed of roses and thorns, with only a stoned headrest and wisps of moist green grassland, soothing the soul to traverse into the soundless oblivions of Stars.

Death demarcated a depth out of our bounds, impacting, impetuously the human lives, a semblance of solemn tides; channelling all around these pastoral fields of yore, enumerating tales of galore in gold, antiquated with time and told by amber skies of old. Who was he? What was his purpose? Why did he die? Why couldn't we save him? Mellow murmurs used to mesmerise the mausoleum walls when faced with whimpering, wistful sounds from the leisurely living. From lulling lullabies to give him dreams and goals to chanting choirs chorusing to the heavenly hymns and appraising his abode, he was used to the feeling of obliterated embers resonating remnants of his life through someone's pearly pure specks of lament and lores about how he used to be and so.

"If I could turn back tumultuous waves of time, I wouldn't hesitate, just to see you smile. I remember the wildflowers you would greet me with, every day. You claimed it to be a gesture that would make us seem unique, in a way I couldn't understand what you intended to say but you were never good with words, and I know that I have been much of a mess to deal with, but I never imagined it to end this way. Neither of us could see behind your veneered veil of hope, with the only exception of him you know? Now, that he is cured of his dreams, drained of his concerns it seems that certain things are just not meant to be. Love, surely should end with the heart but why is it that he still feels for you? I find it to be foolish, how the heart only pumps blood yet is associated with the endearment of love when it is, the psyche that persists against the ocean tides burdened with calamity and fright, encircling our lives but nevertheless, I seek goodbye. I never had the chance to speak these words, before, because I was afraid, just like him to see you go but now, that I know you are at peace, I think it is best that I should let you go, too, Denver. Though in my memory you'd live and glow, like a firefly festering hope and happiness, goodbye my friend for you will always be a keepsake I have tucked away in the heart and low."

Crumpling the inked paper in her hold, she was irked by her overflowing emotions to let it go but her momentary hesitance was shortlived. Fluttering fluently in the brewing breezes anew, it flew fluorescently away from her and into the fields of fragrant flowerets and butterflies, garnering some gazes of the winged few.

"Are you feeling well?" He implored carefully.

"Yes, I am." She answered, giving him her best smile.

"Shall we go then?" He curiously eyed her before kneading their fingers together as they made their way towards his car.

"When is his plane scheduled to arrive?" She inquired as they made themselves comfortable against their seats.

"In ten minutes or so. You have a running nose, Gwen. You should have brought a handkerchief with you." Thomas gave her a disappointed look.

"I did silly but I had left it at your house." Gwen chuckled at his expression.

"Well, that is your own fault." He quipped as he sped up a bit.

"Tom, could you ever cease with your incessant pestering? God, I hate you so much." She mockingly exclaimed, rolling her eyes at his behaviour.

"I am touched that you at least feel something for me." He teased her.

"You are so disgusting. I need to tell Em, about this though." She sighed, thinking about their relationship and how it could possibly affect her friendship.

"Wait, you didn't tell him about us?" Thomas asked in disbelief.

"I didn't think it to be the right time, doofus." She flicked him on his head, making him glare at her pointedly.

"Yes, I understand. He has been through a lot." He recalled, agreeing with her.

"That is an underestimation, he has been through hell. I wish I could have his unwavering determination and desire to fight till the end, he really is a warrior." She boasted, shaking her head at her best friend's courage.

"He is my little warrior though. One year surely seemed to have passed away sluggishly for all of us." Thomas asserted.

"Indeed and for Emmett, it was only worse. The therapies were only successful in invigorating his frequent violent attacks caused by too much stress and strain on his nerves, it was mostly the special treatments that he would go through under the supervision of Doctor William Whitemore, that helped him in his rehabilitation. Doctor William, at first, found it to be extremely difficult, whilst dealing with Emmett's situation. I remember him telling me about the first time he had seen him, he was struck by something strange the moment he had looked into his eyes as if he could understand his pain, it seemed to be quite the scene from what he had recounted to me, anyway." Gwen recalled, shrugging slightly.

"That sounds to be creepy, but I am glad that he worked with him until the very end. It was a lot for Emmett to bear but because of the encouragement therapies that he had constantly received, he strengthened himself and his beliefs." Thomas nodded, prideful at his brother's achievement.

"Yes, they have quite the courses on therapies. You can certainly say that it is more of an academy than a hospital because their patients are all well versed in the subjects of psychology and spirituality, I mean how can they even achieve that?" Gwen questioned incredulously.

"I honestly don't want to know but I am sure my brother would be willing enough to narrate his many experiences encountered at the said institution." He added knowingly.

"Well, as a matter of fact, he already did but when I had asked him about his newfound knowledge, he only laughed and told me that he always had been dedicated to learning and it was especially a pleasure for him to learn something from his Doctors." She described with a grin.

"That is Emmett Anderson for you." Thomas laughed at his brother's familiar antics.

"You should learn from him too, you dork." Gwen persuaded him slightly.

"Okay, Mum but how about we welcome the celebrity first, huh? He asked sarcastically.

"Sounds fabulous to me." She responded, satisfied by his answer.

After manoeuvring, manipulating through steep turns, they had finally made it to the humble abode. Smoothly trudging along the pavement with their sodden snow boots, they had swiftly entered the warmth before being enticed by the sweetened flavours of delicacies, which had instantaneously rushed them towards the kitchen, much to everyone's surprise.

"What's cooking?" Gwen asked excitedly trying to look for herself.

"Apple-Pie, seriously, Mum?" Thomas looked disgruntled.

"It is your brother's favourite and he is almost here, so you should go and help out your Dad with the welcome banner, he has been struggling with it for hours." She informed him with a smile.

"But-" He tried to convince her.

"Tom!" His Dad called out, making him sigh.

"Geez, no one loves me these days." He commented before glaring at a grinning Gwen as he walked off to the living room to help his father.

"Emmett is on his way already?" Gwen inquired.

"Yes, he is. Arthur had called to inform us about their arrival, some ten minutes ago, so they must be on their way." She answered whilst cooking, looking a bit hesitant due to some reason.

"I am so enthralled to see him." She gushed, feeling happy at the prospect of seeing his best friend after ages.

"Yes, we haven't seen him in four months, I just hope he wouldn't get back to hating us." She worded her concern.

"He wouldn't do that again, he loves you." Gwen comforted her with a smile.

"He is here." Thomas' voice interrupted their conversation as they barreled through the kitchen to see Emmett.

"EMMETT!" Everyone exclaimed in surprise.

"Boo-Bear is finally here. I have missed you so much." Thomas embraced him with all his might.

"I have missed you too, Tommy," Emmett mumbled our a response, feeling a bit nostalgic.

"Wow, you have grown taller and you look handsomely dashing too, how is it even possible?" Gwen observed his appearance in wonder.

"That is not true, I can say the same for you," Emmett affirmed with a smile.

"You are something else, buddy. Come on, give me a hug." She prompted as he enveloped her in his arms.

"Such a drama queen." He whispered, making her chuckle against his frame.

"Where is Arthur?" Thomas asked as he lugged his bags inside.

"He had to leave, apparently he has found himself a lady friend and he would rather drink his tea with her than waste time in his youth by babysitting a teenager. " Emmett announced before cackling at his words, Arthur surely was exceptional.

"When did you get so bold?" Gwen dubiously asked.

"I think it to be an imposter." Thomas declared slightly narrowing his eyes at his brother.

"Yes, I believe so." She stated.

"Seriously, you both need to stop, I am quite famished, and is it apple-pie that I smell?" Emmett took a whiff before grinning at his mother.

"Yes, love." She chuckled at his response.

"Sweet, thank you so much, Mum. I really adore that banner, Dad. It is so good to see you all."

"He's getting sappy again."

"Shut it!"

Grey-blue eyes gleamed, glistened in radiance; as he harmonised within his heartbeat to feel arduous affectations from everyone's fondly emitting emotions fuelled by their love for him, cocooning him with severe sentiments of pride and respect, as he was zealously enamoured by their enthusiasm, warmly welcoming him into their familiarity as if he was destined to be surrounded by their love-zest, mingling colours of mirth weaving a new world for him to envision and see, as they commemorated his conclusive successes against the once-ensued battle between his mind and himself.

"Gwen, do you have a second?" Emmett asked after having lunch with his family.

"Yes, Em." She said as they talked in private.

"I need to go for some time. May I take your car?" He requested, eyes pleading for her to understand.

"But Em, you have just returned, where are you planning to go?" She couldn't help but show her concern.

"It will only take an hour, I will retreat to my bedroom in some time by coming with some excuse, but I need you to distract them while I am gone, can you do that?" He urged again.

"Sure, but be careful, and stick to your promise, I will keep checking in with you," Gwen told him as she handed the keys to her car to a grinning Emmett.

"I promise, you are a lifesaver, Gwen. Also, I quite love your relationship with Tommy, you both are perfectly made for each other." He commented slyly.

"You noticed it?" Gwen was taken aback by his statement.

"It wasn't hard to take a guess and he hasn't been very subtle with his crush, either." Emmett shrugged, smiling at her coyly.

"You are such a mind-reader." She shook her head, nudging him with her shoulder.

"Yes I am, now I need to go, I will see you in a bit." Emmett asserted, waving at her as he retreated to his room.

"See you." She called out.

Humming to a hymn-like melody that he had familiarised himself with, his heart hammered against his chest, symphoniously as he approached his favoured destination. Daydreaming in a dulcet, he forwarded his footfalls in the direction of his exquisite escapade,   their little hideaway before abruptly ceasing his slow-paced strides in front of his favourite lime tree. Relishing in the aftertaste of his memories, he brought himself to face his intrinsic ingraining, as he lightly touched the words with his fingertips, a forlorn smile etched its way around his lips as he traced  them softly.

"Manus in mano ad meliora."

He elucidated whilst his mind reeled him to their memories, as he reflected on them, seemingly smiling at his words that echoed in his mind, resounding with a resonance revelling and cloyed in honeydew; he gingerly  leaned his head against the tree, before murmuring some words he remembered speaking once. 

" No matter the high and low of the tides influenced by the Moon's loving might, we'd make it through. We are like two riptides in this whirlpool of life, and like two undercurrents of this oceanic oyster, we'd always meet at the shore, now and forever."

He repeated the words, whilst fumbling with his maple key chain. He wasn't sure of what the future held for him but his love for him was ephemeral, and wherever, he'd go, his memory would keep him afloat, he thought to himself, cherishing his life, and priding himself in accomplishing his newfound identity and style, he had finally found happiness and made it through. 

                                                                        ↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

662K 28.9K 27
Dawson has had it rough. Not as bad as some, worse than others. He lives in constant secret, heart ache and pain. After his parents died he under wen...
329K 13.6K 51
"that's rich coming from a pretty boy" I narrow my eyes. "I'm not a pretty boy." He smirks standing from the desk and reaching forward twirling a p...
26K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
506 0 31
(This is targeted for people 16+) "Same with hurting you. Or marking you.." He slid his arm gently down to his back, closing his hand around a bruise...