Truly-Madly-Deeply Assistant

By ZaraPenn

Avery had big dreams but Jared, who can't seem to function without her, doesn't feel like letting her go. Is... More

Part One - First
Hurricane
All I need
She is gone
Change
Breakfast at Jared's
Games by the pool
Ups and the downs
Chances pt. 1
Chances pt. 2
Chances pt. 3 - Leaving
Summer special - The show
Summer Special - The after-party
Bitter welcomes
Medicate
Her favorite song
Shotgun
My way or the high way
One day
'A man on fire'
'A violent desire'
'Do you wanna cross the line?'
Morning Coffee
One in a million
This is us
Morning fluff
Flashback - Lily
Protective or selfish
Here goes nothing
Acceptance
Commit to the bit
Above the clouds
Homecoming
Flashback - You'll never know
Little truths
LA!Buzz - The gossip
The one with all the feelings
Out and About
Family issues
A year wiser
Flashback - All I have
The gift
Shadows of the past
A night apart
Take the car
Another day another girl
talk!showtime
New Year's Eve - Morning
New Year
It's over
Farewell
Flashback - The Oscars moment
Apart - phone calls
Apart - the bully
Apart - breaking point
Surprising Mr. Leto
Highs, lows and higher
His past
I don't
The Event pt. 1
The Event pt. 2
Morning news
Flashback - Backlash
LA!Buzz - The real deal
Hobbies
City of Exes
Flashback - Forever mine
Home
Capricorn and the pushover
Hurt
Hot and steamy
Untitled
The test of feelings
Leaving night
Friend or foe
Tips and tricks
Flashback - Scattered memories
Comfort pt. 1
Comfort pt. 2
Long distance
Moving on
Choosing dreams
Intimacy
Back to us
Brother's leftover
Just saying...
Mother in town
Taking control
Surrender
The new home
Stubborn mind, aching heart
Housewarming
Behind closed doors
Baby talk pt. 1
Baby talk pt. 2
A day in the life
LA!Buzz - Drama alert
Small town girl
Birthday surprise pt. 1
Birthday surprise pt. 2
Home big Home
Camp
Change is coming
Our life, our rules pt. 1
Our life, our rules pt. 2 - Ending

Her past

412 20 7
By ZaraPenn

Hey there, reader,

Happy mid-week! ^^
Hope you enjoy this chapter. Next up we will be back in LA after a bit of a fast forward ☺️

The morning after my birthday party, I was already up for a couple of minutes just staring at my engagement ring shining on my finger even in the darkened room, and I couldn't help the wide grin on my face; I felt like the happiest kid on Christmas morning.

Not long after, I heard Jared stirring around for some time before he moved behind me, spooning me as he threw his leg over mines, pushing his arm between my breasts.

Neither of us made a sound as we were waking up.

I moaned appreciatively as Jared occasionally left some lazy kisses on the back of my neck or shoulders.

Soon his hand started to wander under my top, squeezing my flesh from time to time as he rubbed my side slowly and I tried to contain myself as he stopped, resting his warm palm just under my butt, on the back of my thigh, his fingertip slightly reaching my core what instantly gave me a tingling sensation.

Although his hand did not move, I felt myself getting aroused only by thinking of his hand inching down just a bit more.

I really didn't know if he realized the effect this has on me or he deliberately used this position to tease me... or I am just way too easy to get turned on. 

Minutes passed with me biting my lips, imagining him slipping inside of me, and I swear I was getting embarrassingly wet by just literally nothing when he dragged his hand away, back up to my breast and I breathed in deep as my nipples got achingly hard.

At that point I was sure he knew what he was doing to me and I was also sure he had a sly smirk on his face.

This game was interrupted by a firm knock on the door, followed by my Mom's voice.

"Love birds! Are you awake?"

I sighed as I rubbed my eyes, neither of us ready to get any sound out.

"Avery, darling! It's already eleven and this is our last day together! I got some breakfast in bed!"

She said excited and I cleared my throat.

"Yeah, Mom! Come in," I tried to speak up as I pushed myself onto my arms.

"Good Morning," she smiled as she hurried in with a big tray full of deliciously smelling food and coffee.

"Morning," we mumbled as Jared turned onto his back, rubbing his eyes furiously, and I smiled at him; this was probably the first time he opened them.

"Here you go. I hope you two slept well," she smiled as she put the tray onto the nightstand next to me.

"We did," I smiled, looking at the tray. "Wow, this looks amazing, Ma'," I grinned as I saw all the food, drinks and a single yellow flower in a vase.

"It's the first day of your engagement and although it is not a hotel, I was trying to make it feel like one," she smiled, still adjusting the napkins and cutlery. "Scrambled eggs with salmon and chilly for my baby and vegan yoghurt with a bunch of fruits for you Jared. And I managed to get some mango so I pressed some juice myself," she smiled proudly.

"Oh, thanks a lot Mrs. Forbs; this is beyond perfect," Jared sat up, looking at the tray amazed.

"Look, Jared," my Mom started seriously. "You are marrying my daughter and like it or not you are closer in age to me than to her so I insist you call me Rose."

Her smile was true but the tone had a bit of a "fun fact" warning to it.

I knew she still needed time to fully accept the fact that my boyfriend is just six years younger than her, but I also knew even she forgets that from time to time. It will be alright.

"Oh... yeah, okay... thank you, Rose," Jared muttered and I looked at him surprised by how he looked awkward as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I just smiled, reaching to caress his messy locks back from his face then looked up to my Mom.

"Thanks."

"Just eat peacefully then come down. Today is the Highland festival eve at the town square."

"Yey," I smiled.

Giving me a kiss on the head, she hurried out of the room.

"Sorry about that," I looked to Jared with a sigh and he looked at me confused.

"About my Mom and her comment about... age..."

"Oh, come on," he waved. "She let me call her by her name. She acknowledged that I am a full grown-up and not some twenty something fooling her daughter. All good," he waved.

I smiled back then taking a deep breath I looked at the tray.

"Let's eat; I am starving!" He hummed as he knelt up, leaning above me, he picked up the tray, putting it between us.

"Your Mom is the best," he mumbled already trying the mango juice.

"Yeah," I smiled sipping from my coffee.

"And hey," he looked up to me as he picked up his spoon. "We will be in a hotel room tomorrow. We'll handle your needs," he gave me that sexy smile which just amplified those needs.

I felt blush creeping up my cheeks as I looked down picking up the fork with a nod.

"I don't... know what got to me I..." I felt a bit ashamed after he mentioned it as "MY needs" like it is something only I want.

"Me. I got to you," he grinned winningly.

I just chuckled, nodding as I crossed my legs, turning towards the food.

Picking up a fork full of scrambled eggs, I put it into my mouth and as my tongue touched the warm substance I couldn't help but spit it back out onto the plate, getting the chills as my eyes got watery.

I thought it already cooled down.

"Av... what's wrong?" he asked wide eyed as he tried to look into my eyes.

I just shook my head, turning away, sipping from the water.

"Nothing... nothing just... warm... still warm..." I felt my body shiver and I started gagging

I tried to calm my body down desperately.

"Babe... Jesus Christ," Jared breathed as he jumped up, hurrying around the bed to sit next to me, rubbing my back. "Shit."

I heard his stunned voice as I had my hands against my mouth, trying to breath deep, tears running down my cheeks.

"Come here," he whispered as he pulled me back against his chest, rubbing my arms.

The feeling subsided in a matter of minutes and I breathed deep, wiping the tears from my face.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I whispered, feeling a whole new level of embarrassment.

"It's okay," he muttered, kissing my face, hugging me more around from behind. "What... was that? Was it the warm food?" he asked carefully and I nodded.

"It's stupid. It's stupid, I'm sorry you had to see this... stupid... I'm an idiot; it's stupid..."

"Hey, calm down. It is certainly not stupid if it physically makes you sick. I never... thought it's really this bad; I really thought it's just a tick of yours. I'M sorry," he sighed, stroking the hair out of my face.

I took a deep breath as I reached for the water, drinking some more, moving away from his arms.

"Just eat, I... I'm not so hungry anymore," I muttered, grabbing my coffee as I sat back, leaning against the headboard, looking down at my hands, but Jared didn't move.

"Please tell me, Av," he asked gently, resting his palm on my knee. "We are going to be a family. I need to know. Your Mom mentioned it as an eating disorder. Tell me so I can help."

I sighed looking up at him.

"You gonna laugh at me. You have been through so much more and I will tell this story and you will think I'm an idiot, which I am," I muttered, circling the rim of my coffee mug.

"I would never. You know me," he stated seriously.

Sighing, I nodded, looking back up to him then shrugged.

"I know my life wasn't bad. I had a loving family, great home throughout my childhood. In my High School years, except Polly, I didn't really talk to anyone. I was quiet, invisible and was fine with it. I liked being at home, helping out my dad with the animals. I enjoyed my life and thought school was just a job. I didn't care much about my peers; most were so childish still. I had a feeling that they kind of... talked about me and Polly behind our backs but we were not interested. One day, out of the blue, my crush at the time asked me out. I was so shocked, but also it gave me... such happiness and I... remember how beautiful I felt," I chuckled shaking my head. "Long story short, after the date we kissed. That was my first kiss and I was so nervous, but so above the clouds. Next time I went to school everyone was laughing at me. Turned out it was a bet. He said the girls were daring him to bring out the ugliest girl in town."

"What a fucking asshole!" Jared cut in. "Is he still around? I'm ready to bring him down!" he looked very serious and I smiled sadly.

"Beware, I had braces, my hair never had style; I barely brushed it and I was still not grown into my nose and my eyebrows were horribly plucked so I wasn't the prettiest either. But still... I felt terrible. Turned out Polly was the snitch who told them who I had a crush on. He also told the others how terrible a kiss I was," I pulled a face by the memory. "From then on, I guess they had something to grab on and keep mocking me about... It only went physical to the point where they cut off locks of my hair while in class. I felt defeated and food was the only thing what made me feel better. I would eat aimlessly all day, every day. I had a huge weight gain in just a year and that is when the bullying amplified and I realized what I have done to my body so... Then I would still eat so much that I couldn't move, so I made myself throw up. But see, I wasn't a snacking type. I ate heavy home made foods. You've seen what my mother cooks," I smiled.

"Yeah" Jared nodded.

"I just heated them up, not even waiting until it cooled down. I was devouring the steaming hot food, until I couldn't take it no more so I went to puke it all out, just so I can continue. I don't know if I was angry or just... depressed... lonely... they don't take these things seriously in a small town. It went on for more than a year before my parents realized something is seriously wrong so they travelled to Glasgow with me and put me into the hospital. I finished my school there and I kind of... recovered but this thing... it just developed afterwards," shrugging, I stayed in silent.

I told everything that was needed to be told for him to get the picture.

"This sounds... horrible," he sighed, caressing my leg. "After the recovery... they never thought to send you to therapy?"

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Therapy where? The closest thing to a therapist in town is the bartender at the local pub," I smiled, making Jared smile as well.

"Like back in Glasgow?"

"See, my dad... he didn't believe in therapy. He thought I am just being a pain in the ass; whiny little teenager, so... I kind of believed that it was just me. That I'm acting stupid. My father was like, if she gets really hungry she will eat the warm food," I shrugged. "And I tried... for his sake. Until I didn't because he... died and I had enough of this gagging feeling. I stopped trying."

"You know... in LA there are many good therapists. If the warm food makes you gag it is the memories of what you have put yourself through after eating which is probably so sharp in your mind that every time you feel warm food it triggers the memory. There must be help out there," he stated encouragingly as he cupped my face. "I'm so sorry for what you've been through. Kids are fucking assholes. I hate them," he spat then kissed my lips gently, rubbing his thumb against my cheek.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"And what about Polly? She had been a little bitch to you and yet you call her friend?" he was just getting more and more angry.

I shook my head.

"It's been more than ten years. We went to collage together and talked it through. She's a good person."

Jared sighed with a deep frown on his face.

"Would you like to seek help in LA?" he asked gently.

I looked a him with a sigh.

I kind of learned to live with it and as the years passed by, I found it harder to believe that talking to a stranger will make this whole thing go away, but now I am in a different place. I'm engaged and we are hoping for a baby. I need to be the best version of myself if I am serious about being a Mom.

"I would. But in LA. So now... please eat and get back to our happy place?" I asked as I gave his fruit bowl to him, then showed my ring on my finger before I had another look as well.

"Deal," he smiled kissing my hand playfully before starting to eat and I sighed happily, shaking off my past and finally able to eat my eggs as well.

Later that evening we joined my Mom and Lynn to the party on the town square. The sun was already going down when we walked towards the crowd.

Most guys were wearing their kilt, drinking up happily, while the children were running around the makeshift food and drink stands with balloons in their hands.

A band was playing famous songs on bagpipes, people gathering around to dance or sing along.

"So festive," grinned Jared amazed as I smiled up to him, running an arm around his waist.

"I'll go grab a drink," I pointed towards a stand. "Want some?

"Sure," he smiled. "But me, no thanks," shaking his head he looked towards the stand then kissing my forehead he let me go, turning back to the band, watching the guy who was playing the bagpipe interested.

Smiling I walked to the stand and in a minute or two it was my turn. I decided to order a pint of beer.

After getting one in a plastic cup, I sipped from the top not to spill it on the way, when I looked up and saw a woman standing next to Jared, her hand on his lower back as she leaned to his ear saying something.

"How long you left him alone? Two minutes?" Lynn stepped to me, watching them mingling.

I just let out a dramatic sigh.

"Why am I not even surprised?" I let a smirk, looking at Lynn who chuckled.

"No jealous comments?" she looked at me stunned. "No possessive actions? Very impressive!"

"He just asked for my hand. If Angelina Jolie herself would be hanging on him, I still wouldn't feel jealous," I smiled, feeling proud of myself and proud of the relationship we have but then I frowned. "Although, I'm pretty sure he already had her."

Lynn laughed out loud.

"You know it's still so surreal to think about you got a man for yourself who went through the bests of Hollywood."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I looked at her wide eyed.

"That, Avery, means you should never feel any less than anyone else, more like better than anyone else. So keep up that confidence of yours," she smiled happily.

I giggled too, taking another sip from my beer, peeking to Jared and the woman.

As she whipped her long honey brown locks to one side, my eyes widened.

"Nellie," I muttered.

Nellie was the one who tried to turn everyone against me in High School. The bully of all the bullies. The one who made my every days dark and lonely.

"Hold my beer," I stated, pushing the cup into Lynn's hands as I walked towards them, ruffling my hair up, pulling my V-necked top down, adjusting my boobs.

"I'm back," I smiled, stepping to Jared, grabbing his hand, yanking him towards me.

He looked surprised as I kissed him, cupping his face, slowly running my palms down to his neck and shoulders.

Letting him go I saw his smirk, but I was more focused on the girl in front of us.

"Av, Nellie here just told you and her used to go to the same school," Jared smiled.

"Oh, Nellie," I forced a smile, not wanting to act like I am happy to see her. "Sure we did," I stated, wiping my lips with my thumb after the kiss, looking at her. "How's it going? Still living in town?" I asked raising an eyebrow as I hugged Jared from the side.

"Um... yeah. Just, moved a few streets down," she stated, crossing her arms on her chest, seemingly awkwardly. "Moving is in the progress still. I found this two story house with my husband, Mark."

"Oh, great! Yeah, you know we just moved with Jared too. Have this amazing place on the Hollywood Hills. His studio is there as well, so he can record from home. And the place is really close to Universal Music where I work as a manager," I explained halfheartedly as I moved my right hand, rubbing Jared's chest under the opened upper button of his shirt.

"Oh..." her jaw tensed as she looked away.

"And what you do?" I asked challengingly.

"I... just... you know I really loved our high school so I am now an English teacher there. It has a lot of potential so I am hoping to make it as the principal. It's an amazing place!"

"Oh, yeah, I'm sure... sure," I nodded. "You like bossing people around, it's a great job for you." I smiled wide but before she could say something, I conrinued. "But if you excuse us, now we have to go. I want to show Jared around before we get back home. Going to Edinburgh tomorrow then we are heading back to California. Babe here, has to go back to his music and movies," I sighed sadly. "Festival season is coming up," I smiled.

I felt so proud watching Nellie just nod, her eyes shooting daggers in jealousy and shame.

"Bye for now, have fun!" grinning I started pulling Jared away.

"Bye," he waved then I felt his eyes on me.

"Okay, Miss. Who are you and where is my Avery?" he frowned.

"Sorry... this just felt soooo damn good!" I sighed with a grin as we walked back to Lynn.

"I assume you weren't exactly friends in High School," he laughed. "And since when are you back to Universal?" he asked in a cheeky tone but I just waved.

"Have you seen her face? Oh, my God, that was the best ever!" I squeaked as we reached Lynn and took my beer, taking another sip. "It's like... ahh.. damn she will never forget this! Thank you for letting me showing you off," I grinned, looking up to him.

"Well... Not going to lie, I felt objectified there," he pouted, acting hurt and I giggled, slapping his chest.

"Let me use your fame, success and beauty for my benefit for once!"

"Oh, you know flower, what's mine is yours, I guess," he smiled pulling an eyebrow and I smiled up to him naughty from behind my cup as I had another sip.

"You're lucky you're cute," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're lucky you're famous, successful and pretty," I muttered playfully.

"Damn, woman, what made you so feisty? I like it," he hissed, grabbing my chin, pushing his thumb to my lower lip.

"You did," I looked up to him with love.

"Jesus, your candle holder feels very uncomfortable here," Lynn muttered and we chuckled as Jared hugged both of our shoulders around.

"C'mon ladies, let's go sit on the Ferris Wheel," he offered excited.

"With you two?" Lynn pointed at us disgusted. "Nah-uh! I'm dragging Polly and we meet there!" she grinned and hurried away.

We laughed as Jared took my hand pulling me towards it and I grinned hurrying with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1.3K 77
This is a story about a love triangle. A double life of secrets and desire . A choice of love or lust. Which side can capture her heart.
1.4K 176 25
Heartbroken and destroyed Anka doesn't have the power to move on. A lot of pressure is hanging on her shoulders and a lot of things have been left ha...
13.8K 601 35
Meet Lexy. She's heading for a new life in LA, hoping to leave behind traumatic family memories in Louisiana. What she doesn't bargain for is a doub...
672 21 9
(Coincides with Fangirls) "You really scared me tonight-" "I didn't me-" "I know you didn't and Alisha explained that when you're like that you have...