Peas In A Pod /// Fred Weasley

By stalekalechips

When Jaqueline finds herself being transferred to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons in her 5th year to live with her... More

Introduction
un.
deux.
trois.
quatre.
cinq.
sept.
huit.
neuf.
dix.
onze.

six.

5 0 0
By stalekalechips

"I can't believe you guys were just chilling on the couch." George says to me in Defense Against the dark arts on Monday. "I find it sickening, but you guys looked really cozy."

"It really wasn't as glamourous as you may think. I mean for Merlin's sake I had to wrap my hands because of the blisters."

HE nods his head. "Yeah fair enough. How are you feeling by the way? Better?"

"I suppose, just tired a bit lately."

"Alright student's all of you must pair up. Each Grffyindor with A Hufflepuff, preferably one you don't know." Lupin says from the front of the room. You will be researching what a dementor is and how to get rid of it."

Looking around the room , I search for someone that looks like would be a good partner. A girl with long black hair and a smile brighter than the sun on her face comes up to me. "Hello. I was wondering if you'd like to be my partner? My name is Gia."

"Yes, I'd love that. I'm Jaqueline." I give her my hand to shake. 

We open the books and read about the boggarts. They seem like nasty creatures. From my experience on the train I wasn't in their favor at all. 

"Wasn't there one on the train here?" GIa asks. 

"Yeah,  came to our cabin, it was awful. Everything got cold, and I heard a scream and everything.

"Oh that's awful. Were you okay?"

I'm writing down the things it doesn't like. "Yeah, It is scared of the light, so I used Lumos, to get it away. My uncle-I mean professor lupin, gave me some chocolate afterwards. He says it helps."

Gia gasps. "Hold on, He's you uncle?"

"Mhmm, been my whole life."

"Well that's lucky. That must be why you transferred here."

IF only that were the only reason. Gia notices the look on my face and changes the subject. "Anywho, what are the other ways, to fight off a dementor?"

"Oh, well there's the Lumos Spell, or a Patronus, but that's very hard to achieve. You don't learn that here, and it's a very difficult for even the most qualified aurors."

"Wow, I wish I could do that. It would make me feel much safer especially with them lurking around the school this year."

BAck home, Mum and dad taught me how to cast it just last year. They said, it was useful, just in case. Mine was a doe, which didn't surprise me since my father's was a Stag.

When class ended I said goodbye to Gia and headed back to my dormitory to change. PEeling off my pants I take the bandages off my knees. They haven't gotten any better but I'm too stubborn to go to the nurse. I reapply clean bandages and pull on some jeans and a long sleeve shirt. 

Grabbing my iPod, and headphones, I head down to the common room. I put my headphones in my ears and open my journal.

Dear mom and dad, I write as if they're still here.

 it's nice here at Hogwarts. Most of the people are nice, well except for Snape. He's given me detention this whole last week and now my hands are awful. I've had to wrap them.

I miss you guys, hopefully you'll come back soon. Lupin has been great as well. It's been nice to see him as often as I do. It makes things not so lonely. Plus I've made a few friends. 

MY roommate angelina has given me a lot of tips on how to fit in, and get along with the other Gryffidors

Oh, I've forgotten, I've been sorted into Gryffindor just like the two of you. 

Anyways back to friends. There's Lee, who never seems to stop eating, and he makes a lot of jokes. Gia, whom I met today, but she's in Hufflepuff. Nice girl though. Hermione, who I think is two years behind me, but she's very smart. SHe's asked me to teach her french. 

And then there's the Weasley Twins, Fred and George. They're idiots those two. They're got me helping them with a business of their, creating candies to prank kids. It's all in good fun though

I miss you sorely,

That's as far as I get before someone taps on my shoulder, causing me to jump. I take out my headphones and turn to find Fred and George who join me on the couch. 

"What have you got there. GEorge grabs at my journal but I shove it under my leg before he can."

"It's private. HAven't you ever heard of it?"

"Living with him?" He nods his head to Fred. "Not at all. We tell each other everything. HEll, he knows what I'm thinking before I can even think it."

Fred grabs the iPod out of my hand and inspects it. "What's this? Another muggle thing I reckon?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, it plays music. Here, put this in your ear." I hand it to him. HesitantlyFred brings the earpiece up to his ear, as I bring g the other up to mine.

I hit play, and he jumps at the sound.

With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

He pulls it out, dumbfounded. "That's absolutely brilliant!"

"Yeah whatever, but I bet it's not as brilliant as this." George pulls out a blank piece of parchment."

I stare at it, confused. "Am I supposed to be impressed? By a blank piece of parchment?"

"Well no, watch." HE taps the paper and utters, "I solemly swear that I am up to no good. " Pictures and words start to show up on the page.

Names of all the students and professors show up. Lupin is currently in his office, a lot of the student are in the great hall for dinner I imagine. "Where, how did you get this?"

"Found it in Filch's office our first year."

"You have to be joking. You can't just take things from People's office's that's stealing." Iwack both of them with my journal and then  anothertime for good measure. "I have to admit this is pretty great, but what's it's use. To just spy on people?"

Both fred and George scoff at me. "YOu really think that low of us? There are secret passages in and out of Hogwarts. And we want to find them. Tonight."

"Tonight. Are you mental, what if we get caught?"

"That's what the map is for. We'll know if anyone is coming. Meet us down here at 11 tonight, and we'll go."

I huff. "You two are going to be the death of me."

___

I glance up at the clock and it reads 10:50. As quietly as possible I grab my boots and tiptoe out of the Dormitory. Fred and George are already down in the common room waiting. 

"Finally there you are." George whisper yells upon seeing me. "We began to think you weren't coming."

"You said 11, I've still got 10 minutes."

"Well just put your shoes on so we can go."

We sneak out of the common room and into the dark hallway. 

"Bloody hell I can't see." Fred whispers. "Do either of you.."

"Lumos" Light spouts from my wand. 

I see Fred smile. "Perfect. according to this there's a passage directly into honeydukes. We just have to find the One Eyed Witch Statue, which is here." He points to a location on the map.

Silently we somewhat rush to the statue. Once ew find it we all are excited to see something out of the ordinary but we find nothing. 

"Abra cadabra?" I say jokingly. Both boys stare at me. "It's a muggle thing."

A word appears on the map. Padfoot would like to offer the word Dissendium

Who's Padfoot I want to ask but instead I raise my want to the state and whisper Dissendium. It starts to swivel revealing a hole.

"Well who want's to go first?" I ask the twins. 

"Ladies first." GEorge offers. 

"Uh, no way. This was your guys idea, one of you will go first." I say. "I say George.Simply because you offered me up."

He let's out a huff of air. "Fine, but if I die it's on you." GEorge sits on the ground directly about the hole and pushes off, disappearing into the nothingness.

"Guess I'll go next." I do exactly as George did, and take a deep breath before following him down the hole. It seems to go on forever, but it's really just five minutes before I'm at the bottom.

I can hear Fred behind me but before I can get up, he's on top of me, hands on either side of my head. 

"It seems we always meet like this doesn't it?" He's so close I can see the freckles on his face, and feel his breath.

For a moment we stay like that until George interrupts. "If you two lovebirds are done flirting I'd like to see if we can get out of here."

Fred get's up and helps me up as well. I wave my wand around looking fro something leading us out. Finally I see a ladder. "OVer here." I start to crawl  up it, my hands burning fro  the still sore blisters. At the top there's a wood door and I push it up, to find myself in a basement of some sorts. I help pull Fred and George up.

"So we should be right underneath Honeydukes. Let's venture up shall we?" George quietly trips up a flight of stairs that go right into a room filled with candies and sweets of all kind. We creep around the shelves to the front door, only to find it's locked. 

"Alohomora." I whisper and the door unlocks. We step outside into the chilly air. "We made it. Can you believe it? We made it out!" I giggle excitedly. 

Walking down the street we step into a slightly wooded area, far away enough from the buildings so that people can't see us. 

I hug both twins excited. "We've snuck out of Hogwarts. It's that incredible?"

Both of them beam at me. That is until Fred looks at my hands. "Jaq you're bleeding."

I look down to see the wraps stained somewhat red. "Oh it's just from the blisters. I'll be alright." It's a lie. They actually hurt like hell but i'd never let either of them know it. 

"C,mere." Fred says. We all find haven underneath a tree and Fred unwraps the bandages. My hands are swollen and red. He takes out his wand and whispers "Episkey."

The swelling goes away, and so does the blood, but some of the blisters remain. They're not as awful as before though.

"How'd you learn that one?" I ask him. 

He looks me right in the eyes. "I've broken my nose a few times. I wasn't sure it would work, but I'm glad it sort of helped. How do they feel?"

"Better. Thank you." I look over at George who is studying the map, and not paying any attention to Fred and I. I lean back against the tree, my hands now in my lap. The cool breeze cuts against my skin making me shudder. I should've worn something warmer, but I had no idea I'd be coming outside. 

" Here take this." Fred is handing me his jumper.

"Won't you be cold?"

He shakes his head. "I was smart and wore layers."

I pull it over my had and it's big one me, but it's comfy. "Thanks." I turn my attention to the stars above us. THey've always been a fascination of mine. I point to a constellation in the sky. "See those stars right there? That's the big dipper." I draw the connections with my finger. "I have freckles on my arm that resemble it." Pullin g up my sleeve I show him. 

"That's really neat actually."

"Sometimes when I get bored in class, I connect them with my pen."

"Are you sure your hands okay? They still look a little red." He grabs the one closest to it, to inspect it. "And it's cold. Are you hands cold?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess so."

"HAnd them over." Fred stares at me like he's waiting for a reaction. "Get it? Hand them, yeah okay nevermind." He takes both my hands and covers them with his. 

My face is hot, and I can't tell if it's from the sweater or the fact that I'm holding hands with a real boy. Again. A cute boy at that.

Really? Are we really doing this now?

George scoots over to us, paying no attention to the fact that we're holding hands. "THis map is really something. It's almost as if it's alive. There seems to have been four Mauraders" He refers to the name on the front of the map. "Prongs, Moony, Padfoot, and Wormtail. They say things sometimes,, like look here's something now."

Padfoot would like to tell George that his brother is holding hands with a girl. A real girl.

It's only now that George Looks at Fred and I, to which he only smirks. 

Moony would like to say they should stay six feet apart

Wormtail wants to tell Padfoot to stay out of it, it's none of his business

Prongs agrees with Moony

"Well you've heard them, six feet apart." George laughs but neither of us move. "You know we should probably head back, before someone notices we're gone."

I nod my head in aggreance. "Yeah let's go."

It isn't until we're back in the common room that Fred lets go of my hand. "I'll uh see you tomorrow." He starts towards his dormitory, but i stop him, starting to pull his jumper off

" Here's this,"

Fred just waves his hand. "Just keep it, in case you get cold again."

That night laying in bed I keep seeing the stars, but instead of in the sky, they're contellations on fred's face. 

SO WE MEET THE MAURADERS HEHEHE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431 0 33
Evie Lupin is the name she has so people wouldn't know her true self. After an incident that revealed newfound powers, she didn't want anything to do...
2.6K 182 15
Emma Darlington grew up in a bad environment; criminals everywhere, stolen things and murders at her front door. Her parents were Deatheaters, but wh...
108K 4.1K 39
[Book 1] ❝ π“π‘πž 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐨 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐞π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭. ❞ Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...
97.1K 1.9K 21
Hermione is Remus and Sirius's daughter but no one knows this. Remus Lupin finds his life turned interesting all at once when his ex-lover escapes fr...