six.

"I can't believe you guys were just chilling on the couch." George says to me in Defense Against the dark arts on Monday. "I find it sickening, but you guys looked really cozy."

"It really wasn't as glamourous as you may think. I mean for Merlin's sake I had to wrap my hands because of the blisters."

HE nods his head. "Yeah fair enough. How are you feeling by the way? Better?"

"I suppose, just tired a bit lately."

"Alright student's all of you must pair up. Each Grffyindor with A Hufflepuff, preferably one you don't know." Lupin says from the front of the room. You will be researching what a dementor is and how to get rid of it."

Looking around the room , I search for someone that looks like would be a good partner. A girl with long black hair and a smile brighter than the sun on her face comes up to me. "Hello. I was wondering if you'd like to be my partner? My name is Gia."

"Yes, I'd love that. I'm Jaqueline." I give her my hand to shake. 

We open the books and read about the boggarts. They seem like nasty creatures. From my experience on the train I wasn't in their favor at all. 

"Wasn't there one on the train here?" GIa asks. 

"Yeah,  came to our cabin, it was awful. Everything got cold, and I heard a scream and everything.

"Oh that's awful. Were you okay?"

I'm writing down the things it doesn't like. "Yeah, It is scared of the light, so I used Lumos, to get it away. My uncle-I mean professor lupin, gave me some chocolate afterwards. He says it helps."

Gia gasps. "Hold on, He's you uncle?"

"Mhmm, been my whole life."

"Well that's lucky. That must be why you transferred here."

IF only that were the only reason. Gia notices the look on my face and changes the subject. "Anywho, what are the other ways, to fight off a dementor?"

"Oh, well there's the Lumos Spell, or a Patronus, but that's very hard to achieve. You don't learn that here, and it's a very difficult for even the most qualified aurors."

"Wow, I wish I could do that. It would make me feel much safer especially with them lurking around the school this year."

BAck home, Mum and dad taught me how to cast it just last year. They said, it was useful, just in case. Mine was a doe, which didn't surprise me since my father's was a Stag.

When class ended I said goodbye to Gia and headed back to my dormitory to change. PEeling off my pants I take the bandages off my knees. They haven't gotten any better but I'm too stubborn to go to the nurse. I reapply clean bandages and pull on some jeans and a long sleeve shirt. 

Grabbing my iPod, and headphones, I head down to the common room. I put my headphones in my ears and open my journal.

Dear mom and dad, I write as if they're still here.

 it's nice here at Hogwarts. Most of the people are nice, well except for Snape. He's given me detention this whole last week and now my hands are awful. I've had to wrap them.

I miss you guys, hopefully you'll come back soon. Lupin has been great as well. It's been nice to see him as often as I do. It makes things not so lonely. Plus I've made a few friends. 

MY roommate angelina has given me a lot of tips on how to fit in, and get along with the other Gryffidors

Oh, I've forgotten, I've been sorted into Gryffindor just like the two of you.