un.

"Uncle Remus!" I squeal enveloping him in a hug. "It's so good to see you, I've missed you."

"You as well my dear. I'm sorry that we meet again under such awful circumstances."

Jaqueline gives him a weak smile. "Yes well, I'm sure they'll be back." I grab my bags and follow him into the house. He leads me to a small room, a bed, and a dresser against the opposite wall.

"This will be yours for the time being, although we leave for Hogwarts tomorrow so you won't be in here long." Remus Explains. 

"We?"

He nods his head. "Yes, I've gotten a teaching job there, so we'll both be heading on the train tomorrow morning. At least you'll have one friend on your first day yeah?"

"If the only friend I have is a teacher, that'll be pretty sad. Even if it is you."

Remus sticks his tongue out at me and i stick mine out back. "I'll have lunch ready in about 20 minutes if you're hungry. You can pack while you're waiting. Afterwards we'll go to Diagon to get you some robes and whatever else you need."

With that he's gone and I'm left to my things. Up until now I've had this dilusion that my parents were going to pop out somewhere and say, "It's just a prank, got you", but now it all feels too real. 

Like they're never coming back.

Brushing the thought out of my head I empty my trunk, and start to pack the things I know I'll need. Some clothes, shoes, my writing things, and my favorite blanket, making sure to leave room for the other things I'll be getting. 

I can smell the food before Remus even calls me down. "Wow< i really didn't peg you as a chef Uncle."

He chuckles. "It's actually just rice and some chicken. Nothing too fancy, but tasteful all the same." Remus plates us some, and we sit at the table. "I can't remember the last time i had someone to eat with."

"Well I'm glad to be the one to share this with you." 

I don't realize how hungry I am until I've already eaten my helping and a, going back for more. 

"Hungry are we?"

I nod my head, already shoveling my mouth with rice. "All they had on the plane was was water and peanuts unless i wanted to pay extra and it wasn't worth it."

He looks at me somewhat bug eyed. "What are planes like?"

"They feel kinda weird as youre taking off and landing, but up in the air it feels somewhat like being in a car."

Raising his eyebrows Remus continjues to look confused. 

"Right I forget that's a muggle thing. Nevermind then."

My parents wanted me to have a taste of "Normalcy" in their opinion, so we lived like muggles did. In the city, and had a car, no magic while at home that kind of thing. When i would come home ofr the summers I'd live a life like anyone else, and sometimes it was nice. We would take trips to the ocean, and long drives to watch the sunset.

"Hey kiddo you alright?" Remus pulls me from my thoughts."

I just stare for a minute. "What? oh yeah of course. Just thinking."

"Alright, well we can go whenever you're finished." I hand him my empty plate and go to find my shoes. 

When I appear back downstairs he's waiting by his fireplace. "We're gonna be using floo powder if that's alright. All you have to do it step into the fireplace and say "Diagon Alley" and throw the powder down. I'll let you go first."