Stranger Land - (KTH)

By shaybangtanie

"Maya? Is it really you?" "V." "Maya, I can't believe it's you. You have no idea how happy I am!" "Good to kn... More

Foreign Land
1. Evening Stroll
2. Tiny Sparks
3. Beautiful Fall Morning
4. An Unexpected Turn
5. Starry Night
6. Getting To Know You
7. Unsettling Feeling
8. Attempting For Chances
9. Cold Fall Night
10. The Party Night
11. Intoxicated
12. Something More
13. A New Morning
14. City of Angels
15. Making It Work
16. Goodbye For Now
17. The KIM
18. A Glimpse Of Hope
19. A Blissful Evening
20. Partnership
21. Bitterness Of The Past
22. A Better Present
23. Familiarity
24. Seoul Again
25. Pre-Fall
26. It's You
27. Missing Touches
28. Weak For You
29. Heated Spark
30. Accidental Encounters
31. Coming For You
32. Old Crush
33. Funky Feeling
34. Untouched
35. Wilding Heart
36. Unexpected Turns
37. Down and Dirty
38. Safe In Your Arms
39. Re-Igniting The Spark
40. Your Touch
41. As You Wish
42. Awful Past
43. Pretentious Game
44. A New Page
45. Longing
46. Missing You
47. Rough
48. Sex-y
49. Aftermath
50. Budding Romance
51. Pleasant Surprise
52. A Sincere Heart
53. Wrong Move
54. Caught In A Lie
55. Unbothered
56. LA
57. Chilled Out
58. Steamy
59. Empty Heart
60. Pre Launching
61. Babes
62. Visual
63. Mistake
64. Ugly Past
65. Our Together
66. Love In The Air
67. Revelation
68. Heartbeat
69. Addicted
70. Baby Steps
71. Soul Friend
72. A Little Care
73. Coffee Chat
75. Far Away
76. Man To Man
77. After U
78. Fated
79. Little Miracle
80. US
Epilogue: Returning Home
Epilogue: BE Merry

74. Chaotic Peace

37 2 0
By shaybangtanie

Maya's head hit a pause, she was thinking and debating on Hoseok's suggestion.

"You need a time out."

The now bright mahogany head suggested to Maya when he saw how clearly disturbed the Chindian girl was, wedged in between the decision to choose.

Maya never properly took a break for herself since the day she lost her mom, lover and her unborn child. She hustled every single day like it would be her last. Fast forward, 8 years have passed without her hitting a pause to refresh.

"But the projects-..."

"Maya, Gardler is not a boutique firm, we are a world-renowned architect firm. We have plenty of backups. Plus, Parker will be there all the way to assist your shortfalls and absence."

Hoseok added for he knew the girl will never put anything to a serious thought unless it's about her work.

"You need to chill out for a bit and just think things through Maya. There is nothing that I can't handle for you in the office. I got your back." He smiled warmly at her, sending her all the assurance she was looking for.

Maya thought again for a second. A good getaway doesn't sound too bad. Especially right now when she needs some fresh air into her brain.

"Ok." She is taking the advice from her boss and agreeing to just escape the situations in front of her for a while, for her to think.

"Where do you wanna head to?" Hoseok asked, trying to still keep an eye for the girl.

"Hobi, I appreciate your kind thought in suggesting me to go away for a bit. I just don't want people to know where I will be, that includes you Hobi. I'm still very conflicted between things, I need to be away from you and Taehyung if I were to think things through."

Hoseok nodded. He knew he is on the losing ends anyway, but his hopeful heart was still clinging onto the slightest ray of light in which Maya was willing to consider.

"Maybe, I still have a chance." Hobi smiled, his heart clearly sensing the anticipation of hope and the despair at the same time.

"Can I um go away for a couple of weeks at least?" Maya asked, still wanting to ensure her boss is alright with this.

"You don't need to restrict yourself with time."

Maya returned his kind gesture with a smile, there is nothing else that Maya is grateful for than the kindness that Hoseok has been rendering her since the day they have met.

"I guess that's all you want to speak to me about?" He asked as he finished the last sip of his coffee, waiting for Maya to add on.

"Thanks, Hobi, I might not say this enough but having you in my life has been the greatest blessing. I don't know if I will ever be deserving of you but do know...I like you so much and I'm forever grateful. I'm sorry as well."

Tears welled up in the corner of her eyes and Maya sniffled, trying hard to not sound and look broken. Her heart was trembling and she was easily getting emotionally for a past week which doesn't make much sense to her at all.

Maybe, being too much in love and to be loved has this kind of effect on her. Something she was been deprived for a very long time.

Hoseok's heart broke when he saw his girl trembling with tears. He quickly moved to the empty seat beside Maya and took her into the warmth of his chest. Hoseok didn't bother the public space they were in, as long as he feels the need to protect Maya, he will.

"Maya, don't be apologetic to me hun." Hoseok ran his hand down her spine, soothing her with a kiss on top of her head.

"I care for you Maya, all I wanted was you to be happy. That's my utmost priority, you have no idea how grateful I am from the second you walked into Gardler. I do not want to be a burden to you Maya, you're free to choose and so do I. I choose to love you and I will forever do so."

Hearing this, sunk Maya's heart deeper. What did she ever do to deserve the love from these men who she completely has no rights for?

"Take your time, get some fresh air and when you come back, I will be ready in here for you. I will take any decisions from you, regardless if it involves me or Taehyung."

Hoseok's voice cracked, he swallowed a huge lump raising his throat when he gave her the free will to choose between himself and Taehyung. Honestly, Hoseok can just snatch Maya away from Taehyung with a snap of his finger if he really wants to, his charisma and kindness were enough to sway anyone into siding him.

After all, he wasn't reckoned as the sweetest but a dangerous man in the business industry after all. Hoseok knew better than anything to force such feelings, especially one that involves Maya.

"T-thanks." Maya sniffled harder but managed to speak as she hugged Hoseok back very closely.

The two stayed within the warmth of their hugs for a little longer until the evening turned darker with the setting on the sun at the horizon. No words were exchanged after except for the goodbye and see you again when Hoseok dropped Maya at her home, indicating the starting of their separation while Maya goes away.

.

While the scenes from earlier and the event took place, Taehyung went ballistic with his cousin brothers after the confrontation by Jimin and Namjoon.

He did get an earful from Namjoon after the eldest of them all was enlighten by Jimin on the happenings. Namjoon was furious on Tae learning the truth all the way back to 8 years ago.

Flashback to the morning of the event

"Taehyung! Are you fucking out of your mind? Knowing what a gem Maya is, you really thought she would have used you for your love? What do you think of yourself? Feeling so entitled as the God himself?" Namjoon snapped.

"Joon, please, not you too." Taehyung groaned with his eyes rolling.

"You damn right I am too. For fuck sake, you just tore apart her heart when she needed you the most." Namjoon was not having any of Tae's explanation.

"Joon, I did not know the fact she was pregnant, how am I suppose to know when I lost in touch with her? I told you it was Archie, my former varsity mate's fucking fault. Geez." Taehyung ran his fingers through his raven hair.

"I know it was not entirely your fault but it surely seems like the conviction is more faulty on your side Taehyung. You shouldn't have given up so soon on her. You should have known better."

Taehyung looked angrily at Namjoon, "Unbelievable, you still think it was my fault isn't it?"

Namjoon didn't reply, instead, he crosses his arms and narrowed his eyes at Taehyung who scoffed, murmuring curses.

"Fine, I will just get the hell out of here then. As usual, you guys always think it's my fault. I'm always the irresponsible one among us as the fuckboy and the one to be blamed anyway."

Jimin was standing in between his brothers and sighed deeply. This was not how he expected the confrontation would have turned out to be.

"Guys, can you both just use your brains for a bit?"

Namjoon glared at Jimin. For a fact, the silver head is younger than him and he wasn't expecting Jimin to be harsh on him.

"I'm sorry Joonie but Taehyung might be right, he is not the one we should be pinning the blame on. Yes, he did fuck up, big time but I think we should help him to rectify the mistake instead of clinging onto the past." The silver head chipped in.

"Finally, someone among us is speaking sense." Taehyung threw his arms in the air with relief.

"Just don't overreact please Tae, I didn't say you're ok to speak as of now. You were a douche and still is." Jimin snarled at Taehyung who scrunched his eyes and lifted his lips in annoyance.

"Maya is clearly disturbed and I can only imagine how torn up she might be. Hoseok is a nice guy and I honestly think they should be together." Jimin continued.

"Jimin, I swear to God if you-..."

"Shut up Taehyung, you and I know Hoseok deserves her more than you." Jimin shut Tae up even before the raven head could finish his sentence.

Sensing that the best thing to do is to keep his mouth shut, Taehyung flopped himself on the couch and heard his brothers out.

"Taehyung, I know you're fully back in the mode to get Maya back, but you should not be forcing your opinions on her. Going to her place, sleeping with her is not the method that sounds very convincing Tae."

Taehyung didn't respond to Jimin, he waited for the silver head to continue.

"Give her some space, if it's meant to be then it will be." Jimin finished his thought.

"She said she loves me Jimin. I know she does. I love her so much too, I have never loved anyone else like her."

Taehyung's stern face and demeanour melted like a hot lava cake when he thought about Maya. The love and care he feels for her were indescribable.

"Tae." Namjoon called out softly. He is no longer angered or annoyed, he was concerned.

"Kim Taehyung, look at me." Namjoon called out again when he notices Tae was ignoring him on purpose.

"What?" Taehyung pouted unconsciously, feeling hurt by the harsh tone on him earlier by the elder.

"I'm sorry if you felt like we were always throwing shit at you or labelling you into something you're not. I guess we just chose to see what we want to see at times. I know you're a gem of a person as well Taehyungie."

Taehyung sniffled, deep down his heart, he knows that both Jimin and Joon are his quarterbacks, his support system.

"Both Jimin and I have never seen you so worked up for anyone else before so I know Maya is very special." Joon continued.

"Joonie is right, Maya is special Taehyung but after all this time, you need to also know that she has all the rights to move on. She may love you but she might not want to be with you anymore. If that's the final decision by her, then you have to accept it." Jimin agreed with Namjoon.

"You said you love her so much Tae, you need to let her be happy on her own free will." Namjoon walked forward and hugged the trembling raven head in his arms.

Taehyung hated the fact of how accurate his cousin brothers were. He knew that Maya needs to choose, she needs to pick or unpick who among him or Hoseok that can spend the rest of their lives together.

"I love her...so much." Taehyung broke down crying while Jimin allowed his own tears escaping his eyes as he joined in the group hug.

Flashback ends

.

Taehyung had a hard time calming down himself after his brothers left for the BigHit's launching event. He chose to not attend and politely sent a text to JK announcing his absence, calling in sick.

He was not ready to meet Maya after the commotion of last night and this morning's encounter. Tae didn't want to see his lady love in the arms of another man, knowing very well Hoseok will be there to grace the floor with his charisma.

Sometimes, Taehyung wishes for Hoseok to be a complete douche so he can easily have Maya on his own. Too bad, even Taehyung can't deny the fact what a gem Hoseok is, making his competition twice as hard.

It was hours later when Taehyung decided to not be a couch potato and ready for some fresh LA air. He heard from JK that the cafe downtown was pretty good for a lazy day hence he grabbed the key to his BMW and drove down.

The cafe was easy to be spotted with all the cosiness radiating right though when Taehyung recognized the signboard reading Brother's Cafe.

What greeted him apart from the intoxicating smell of roasted coffee beans and freshly baked pastries was the sight of Maya curled up into Hoseok's arm as he planted a soft kiss on top of her head. His vision turned red when Tae saw Maya hugged him back so tightly.

Taehyung took a couple of steps. Not forward, but backwards, turning away with fist clenched, chanting the mantra "I lost you again" over and over as tear streamed freely down his cheeks.

.
___________________________________
🍀
I promise I'm not an angst writer but it happens.
Poor Tae.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 252 17
What will happen if two besties become lovers. Are you guys excited then read my story share and comment. Kim taehyung a cheerful boy who love his pa...
72.9K 4.6K 18
Where Taehyung is caught between the past and the present and Jungkook just wants nothing but love from him. Start date: September 22, 2021 End date:...
21.3K 962 41
In a world where the belief in everlasting love is scarce, two souls stand at opposite ends of the spectrum. One scoffs at the notion, while the othe...
31.3K 1K 27
"I'm not gay!" ... "Are you sure about that?" 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝗻𝗴: 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 - 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝘆 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯�...