Peas In A Pod /// Fred Weasley

By stalekalechips

When Jaqueline finds herself being transferred to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons in her 5th year to live with her... More

Introduction
deux.
trois.
quatre.
cinq.
six.
sept.
huit.
neuf.
dix.
onze.

un.

6 0 0
By stalekalechips

"Uncle Remus!" I squeal enveloping him in a hug. "It's so good to see you, I've missed you."

"You as well my dear. I'm sorry that we meet again under such awful circumstances."

Jaqueline gives him a weak smile. "Yes well, I'm sure they'll be back." I grab my bags and follow him into the house. He leads me to a small room, a bed, and a dresser against the opposite wall.

"This will be yours for the time being, although we leave for Hogwarts tomorrow so you won't be in here long." Remus Explains. 

"We?"

He nods his head. "Yes, I've gotten a teaching job there, so we'll both be heading on the train tomorrow morning. At least you'll have one friend on your first day yeah?"

"If the only friend I have is a teacher, that'll be pretty sad. Even if it is you."

Remus sticks his tongue out at me and i stick mine out back. "I'll have lunch ready in about 20 minutes if you're hungry. You can pack while you're waiting. Afterwards we'll go to Diagon to get you some robes and whatever else you need."

With that he's gone and I'm left to my things. Up until now I've had this dilusion that my parents were going to pop out somewhere and say, "It's just a prank, got you", but now it all feels too real. 

Like they're never coming back.

Brushing the thought out of my head I empty my trunk, and start to pack the things I know I'll need. Some clothes, shoes, my writing things, and my favorite blanket, making sure to leave room for the other things I'll be getting. 

I can smell the food before Remus even calls me down. "Wow< i really didn't peg you as a chef Uncle."

He chuckles. "It's actually just rice and some chicken. Nothing too fancy, but tasteful all the same." Remus plates us some, and we sit at the table. "I can't remember the last time i had someone to eat with."

"Well I'm glad to be the one to share this with you." 

I don't realize how hungry I am until I've already eaten my helping and a, going back for more. 

"Hungry are we?"

I nod my head, already shoveling my mouth with rice. "All they had on the plane was was water and peanuts unless i wanted to pay extra and it wasn't worth it."

He looks at me somewhat bug eyed. "What are planes like?"

"They feel kinda weird as youre taking off and landing, but up in the air it feels somewhat like being in a car."

Raising his eyebrows Remus continjues to look confused. 

"Right I forget that's a muggle thing. Nevermind then."

My parents wanted me to have a taste of "Normalcy" in their opinion, so we lived like muggles did. In the city, and had a car, no magic while at home that kind of thing. When i would come home ofr the summers I'd live a life like anyone else, and sometimes it was nice. We would take trips to the ocean, and long drives to watch the sunset.

"Hey kiddo you alright?" Remus pulls me from my thoughts."

I just stare for a minute. "What? oh yeah of course. Just thinking."

"Alright, well we can go whenever you're finished." I hand him my empty plate and go to find my shoes. 

When I appear back downstairs he's waiting by his fireplace. "We're gonna be using floo powder if that's alright. All you have to do it step into the fireplace and say "Diagon Alley" and throw the powder down. I'll let you go first."

I follow his instructions and end up in the misdt of a bustling street. Remus follows shortly and he heads strightfirst into the mass of people. 

He's saying something to me but I'm too busy studying the buidling arround me. They're so tall, and somewhat old looking. My uncle eventully pulls me into a shop.

"Hi there, we're looking to get this young lady fitted for some robes." He says to the lady at the counter.

"Right of course, come with me dear." 

I follow her to the back of the shop and she hands me a piece of fabric. When i just stand there she says, "Well put it on, i need to see how it fits."

I do as I'm told, and she sticks needles in all sorts of places, and I doze out of reality again gazing around the room. There are people coming in and out the door, papers drifting around the shop, and so many words being said, but none of them differentiate from one another.

"What house are you in?" The lady asks. 

"Oh well I don't know yet. I have yet to be placed in a house."

She chuckles and mumbles something to herself. "Alright, then we will leave these plain and you'll get your colors when you get there. You can order a tie and vest, and they'll be sent to you when you are sorted. You're all done. Best of luck."

The lady wraps up the robes and i start to hand her the money but Remus stops me. "It's all taken care of."

After there we head to a place where I'm supposed to get my books for the year. "You'll be taking your O.W.L.S this year, and i've seen you're already ahead in potions so you'll be above everyone in that. You stay here while i grab your books yeah?"

He disappears inside and i hug my parcel to my chest. 

"Oi, fred watch out you're gonna..." Is all i hear before something crashes into my shoving me to the ground. 

I blink a few times before i register what's happened and look up to see someone holding their hand out to me. A kid with red, like really red hair has his hand outstretched to me. I take it and am pulled up.

"Sorry about that I didn't see you there." He says sheepishly. 

"Obviously." I brush my clothes off but mud has already seeped it.

When I look back there is now two of them standing there. 

"I must've hit my head harder than I thought." Rubbing the back of my head i feel for any bumps. 

One of them shakes their head. "No there's two of us. We're Twins. I'm George, and that's Fred, the git who ran into you."

"Sorry about that, again." The onw who's Fred repeats.

I take a breath. "next time just watch where you're going alright?"

"Fred! George! Get over here", someone calls.

"Right well, we've gotta go,"

"Nice running into you..."

"Sorry I forgot you name."

I glare at them. "I didn't give it."

"NOW!" The voice calls again. 

As they leave I can hear them not so secretly whispering to each other.

"Who was that? I've never seen her before."

"I have no clue, she was a bit rude though."

"You ran into HER Freddie."

"Right, she remind you of anyone?."

"Yeah, but I can't quite put a finger on it."

Remus reappears outside the shop and looks at me quizzically. "What on earth happened to you?"

"Nothing, just had a little run-in" I grumble. 

"Okay, well I have a few more things to pick up but you can head home if you'd like. I'll finish getting whatever you need." My uncle hands my books to me and with that i head back to the house. 

___

The place is small, but it still feels so big without anyone else there. I've never really been left alone, so this lonliness thing was different for me.

I places the books and robes in my chest and head for a shower. "That idiot, ugh." I peel off my clothes and let the hot water rinse whatever mud got on my skin. 

The nice thing about Beauxbatons was that there wasn't any boys. Not to say there wasn't any drama, but at least I wasn't being pushed into puddles. 

After my shower Remus has already arrived back, and set my last remaining items outside my door.  I put the with them rest of my things, and head downstairs.  Remus is sitting at the table drinking what appears to be coffee, and nibbling on some chocolate. 

"Good to see you've cleaned up. I got you something." He motions to the corner where a cage containing a small owl is resting. "I know she doesn't look like much but..."

I attack him with a hug. "Oh she's perfect. Thank you Uncle."

Remus chuckles into his coffee. "I'm glad you like it. What are you going to name her?"

I think about it for a minute. "Lilou I think. It means lily. That's pretty don't you think?

He smiles, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes, as if i've said something wrong. "Yeah, It's quite fitting I think."

Whatever that means

"Well you best get off to bed, we've got to be at the station early."

I grab Lilou's cage and carry her up to my room. Plopping down on my bed, i look over at Lilou and sigh. 

"It's you and me against the world now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 62 14
It's their fifth year at Hogwarts and things seem to be getting much worse in regards to Voldemort's return. Cassie is still discovering her past as...
109K 3.8K 42
It's the Golden Five's Sixth Year At Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. Things will begin to get more difficult when Kiana finds out a secr...
135K 2.9K 18
Harry has always loved Hermione. In their last year of Hogwarts, this is Harry's last chance to tell her how he feels. With the end of school rapidly...
57 0 5
A orphan's journey into Hogwarts unfolds as she discovers her magical potential. Embraced by a new family, she delves into her abilities, but as myst...