DEMON'S FATE ( Book 2)

By Loveth58

Grey who was a demon grew up hating angels who he believed killed his father for no reason. He was told how h... More

Authors Note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
Authors Note
Author's Note

chapter 13

151 27 29
By Loveth58

Ariel landed on the field with her father.

Raguel’s eyes met the demon’s. He could tell there was something unique about him. He did not have the ambiance like other demons had.

He looked over to the woman standing behind the demon, who he presumed was the demon's mother because of the mild resemblance between the two.

“The demon's mother does not have the scent of a demon at all,” Raguel said to himself, looking intensely at the demon's mother. 

“Hey,” Ariel mumbled to Grey, however, Grey did not respond to her but instead asked her a question 

“Who is he?” Grey pointed at Raguel. 

“He is my father,” Ariel answered calmly.

“Of course, he is,” Grey muttered to himself. “What was I even thinking,” he asked himself. “I can now see the resemblance between them.”

Grey mentally slapped himself for being stupid and asking her a foolish question.

“What is he doing here?” Grey asked.

He did not see any reason why her father ought to be here. He did not trust any Angel to be around him. ‘Besides my Angel,’ he said to himself.

Ever since he had heard his Uncle tell him about Angels, he was constantly alert every time an Angel was around him.

“He knows about us,” Ariel said, responding to Grey's question. “He wanted to meet you,” she added. 

“Meet me?” Grey asked, looking at Ariel's father. 

Why would he want to meet a demon?’ Grey asked himself. ‘What if he has found a way to break the bond?’ Grey panicked at the thought.

Ariel noticed that there was something wrong with the demon.

“Are you okay?” she asked. 

Grey took a deep breath before answering. “I'm fine,” he replied, not meeting Ariel's gaze.

Anna, who had been watching the whole thing from behind her son, left her original position and stood by his side.

“Hi," she greeted Raguel after looking at him cautiously to make sure that the Angel was no trouble to her and her son. 

“My name is Anna, and this is my son Grey,” she introduced with a smile. 

Raguel smiled at her, making Anna relaxed.

“I'm Raguel, and this is my daughter Ariel,” Raguel said pointing at Ariel.

Ariel and Grey were in their little world. They stared at each other in silence. Raguel could sense their bond struggling, their bond was radiating pain, and he could feel a little love from it. 

“If only they can accept it, and save themselves from this struggle,” Raguel said to himself. 

Anna observed Raguel's gaze on their children, and she sighed softly because she felt what Raguel felt about their children's bond.

Raguel motioned for Anna to come with him. They both took a few steps away from their children.

“I practically forced my son out of the demon zone,” Anna said in a whisper. She just felt the need to explain herself to the Angel. “I wanted him to be with his soulmate and he would not go without me, so I came along with him,” she continued.

Raguel nodded his head in understanding. He knew how challenging it was to leave a loved one behind. 

He did not know if it was the right time to ask why Anna and her son were different from other demons, however, he decided against it.

There will be plenty of time to ask that question,’ Raguel said to himself 

“They are both finding it hard to accept the bond,” Raguel said softly, which made Anna nod her head in agreement. “Do you have any place to go?” Raguel requested. 

“No,” Anna answered in a low tone.

She did not even think about the place they would stay at once they left the demon zone.

“Will you like to stay with us?” Raguel asked. “It will be better for the two of them to be in the same place,” he added. 

“If it's not too much trouble for you, then, yes. I and my son will live with you and your family,” Anna replied 

“No, it is no trouble at all,” Raguel said, reassuring Anna with a smile 

They walked back to their children who did not seem to notice their presence because they were both staring at each other with much longing. 

Raguel cleared his throat to get their attention.

Grey quickly averted his eyes from Ariel and looked at her father.

“Well, your mom and I have decided that you two can come stay with us,” Raguel said looking at Anna who nodded her head at her son.

“When did you guys have that discussion?” Grey asked. 

“You two were so busy in your world that you failed to notice we both stepped away for a while,” Anna said with a smile. 

Grey cursed softly. ‘What if this Angel had hurt my mother?’ Grey asked himself. ‘I was so distracted,’ he added. 

Grey frowned a little when he remembered the Angel's words. 

“Are you serious about us living with them, Mom?” Grey asked as he shook his head. “Their residence will be full of Angels,” Grey said. “I cannot believe you agreed to that.”

“It will be fine,” Anna said 

“I don't know, Mom. I'm not comfortable with this idea,” Grey said as he crossed his arms across his chest. 

“I assure you that you and your Mom will be secure in our house,” Raguel informed Grey.

“See, son? It will be alright,” Anna said, reassuring her son.

“Okay,” Grey finally agreed. 

Ariel nearly smiled at Grey's answer, however, she quickly faked a cough to hide her smile when Grey glanced at her.

“Alright then, let's go,” Raguel said as he flashed his wings.

Ariel did the same, whilst Grey pulled his Mom close and wrapped his arms around her. Together, they left. 

                            ***

They all landed outside the house. Raguel quickly contacted Michael via the “Angel’s whisper”. Raguel informed him about what was going on before they entered the house. 

As soon as the group stepped inside the house, the atmosphere changed. All the Angels in the house had been alerted due to the fact they could sense a demon.

Samael wasted no time in pulling Maria behind him, and also pulled his daughter to his side. 

“Raguel, what is going on?” Raphael asked, wary of a demon’s presence in the house.

“I will explain everything that is going on and I promise this demon is not a threat to anybody,” Raguel replied.

Elena looked at her husband and her daughter. She saw her daughter looking very tense.

“You better have a good explanation for this,” Elena said, crossing her arms across her chest and looking at her husband.

Raguel ushered Grey and his Mom in and asked them to be seated.

Grey held onto his Mom's hands. He was still not comfortable in a residence full of Angels. In case something were to happen, he wanted to effortlessly vanish with his mother.

Raguel took a deep breath and looked at his daughter, who was fidgeting.

“Ariel has found her soulmate and Grey, right here, is her soulmate,” Raguel said pointing at Grey.

“He is a demon,” Elena stated the obvious.

“I'm aware of that. However, he is Ariel's soulmate,” Raguel replied.

The entire house unexpectedly felt quiet. All of them were in shock. Elena opened her mouth to say something but no words came out from her mouth.

She shook her head. She didn't even know what to say. She straightaway stood up, flashed her wings and left the living room.

Ariel was so startled when her Mom left that she wanted to go after her, but her father stopped her.

“I will go speak to your mother,” Raguel said.

Ariel nodded her head. “Are you sure you don't want me to come along?” she asked.

“No.” With that, Raguel left.

When he went to their bedroom, he noticed his spouse seated on the mattress and in tears.

“Why?” she asked, sensing her husband's presence in the room. 

“We do not get to pick whom we are bonded to,” Raguel said as he moved closer to his spouse and wrapped his arms around her. 

“I knew something was up when you two left the residence,” Elena wept.

“I'm sorry I couldn't tell you then,” Raguel apologized.

“I understand,” Elena murmured and held onto her husband tightly.

“Did you take into account what the Messenger Angels told us about Ariel and her soulmate before she was born?” Raguel asked. 

Elena nodded her head in response due to the fact that she remembered the phrase of the ‘Messenger Angels’ very well. “The child in your womb is no ordinary child. The bond your child is going to form will be greater than yours Your child and your child's soulmate are unique and they will be of great help in the future.”

That had been the precise phrase of the Messenger Angels.

“Do you think our daughter is angry with the way I left?” Elena asked softly.

“Come on, let's go speak to them,” Raguel said as he pulled Elena up with him and both of them made their way to the residing room. 

                            ***

Ariel looked up when her mother and father entered the living room. Elena quickly made her way to her daughter and wrapped her arms around her. 

“I'm sorry for the way I left,” Elena whispered to her daughter. “And I swear I'm not angry,” she added.

Ariel smiled and hugged her mother tightly.

“So, are they staying with us?” Elena asked as she looked at her husband who nodded at her. 

“Are you sharing a room with my daughter?” Elena asked, looking at Grey.

“No,” both Grey and Ariel replied in unison. 

“I will stay with my Mom,” Grey continued. 

“Okay,” Elena said as she stood up. “I will show you to your room then. I know both of you will need a little privacy, even though demons don't sleep." 

"We are different. We sleep," Grey said as he stood up with his mother. He glanced at Ariel one final time before he followed Elena out of the living room.

The Angels in the room shared a look but did not say anything.

Elena showed them their room and left afterwards.

Anna glanced around the room. "This is our life now,” she mumbled.

Grey stood near the window as he recollected the Angel's name. 

“Ariel,” he whispered, as his lips curved into a beautiful smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
9.3K 378 38
She's not your average girl. Tossed into the world of guns and death at a young age, She's already used to it all. Trained to become a cold-hearted...
568K 14.1K 65
He was a devil inside out. Suffering his way through life. She was haunted by her past. A dark past no one knew about. Until he saved her Until sh...
20.2K 2.6K 31
Love! The beautiful and purest bond. It changes everything in someone's life,from a person's everyday routine to their behaviour. Here,a devil,heartl...