Let me be your moon

By AnkSun344

An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is di... More

Aesthetics and Characters
Chapter 1- Up the stairs
Chapter 2 - Inside the club
Chapter 3 - From home to the office
Chapter 4 - Treatment couch
Chapter 5 - Too much convincing
Character's Insight
Chapter 6 - Pity is not my thing
Chapter 7 - Expected
Chapter 8 - Offering the Sun
Chapter 10 - Give and accept 'part 2'
Chapter 11 - The 'D' day
Chapter 12 - The Date day
Chapter 13 - 'You are sick!'
Chapter 14 - No one but him
Chapter 15 - It was all a game
Chapter 16 - Welcome
Chapter 17 - Kailash
Chapter 18 - Reception for all
Chapter 19 - The Talk
Chapter 20 - I don't share
Chapter 21- It's cold outside
Chapter 22- It was nothing
Chapter 23 - The beating explained
Chapter 24- That much I knew
Chapter 25- A kind of music
Chapter 26 - A trip to Neverland
Chapter 27 - Back to pavilion
Chapter 28 - Mr. Dhillon is here
Chapter 29 - Dead Inside
Chapter 30- Copper
Chapter 31- Answer to my prayers
Chapter 32- The festival of colours
Chapter 33- Hold me within
Chapter 34- His girlfriend
Chapter 35 - You woke up in my bed
Chapter 36- Sick. Mad. I am in love with you.
Chapter 37 - I saw him. I SAW him.
Chapter 38- Strangely Euphoric
Chapter 39- My smile
Chapter 40 - Call from Mummy
Chapter 41- Haldi-Mehendi
Chapter 42- fate
Chapter 43- remaining
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 9 - Give and accept

6.3K 489 49
By AnkSun344

'And in the middle of my chaos,
there was you'
Everyday Power (Pinterest)
___________________

Give and accept

Sadhvi's POV

It was a moment I was feeling,
feeling a lot of things.

Too many emotions all at once.

After collecting all our prayers in front of god figurines we moved to settle down in the living room.

Hands clasped due to nervousness, I was holding myself together. I was a confident young woman but every practice and courage I have learnt till now, failed right the moment.

Avrudh and I together, Meheka and Avesh together on a different sofa to our left. That was the sitting arrangement.

The rest of the family members surrounding us some seated, some waiting for their turns to give us their blessings.

The gifts and stuff we bought with us were kept or more like arranged on the dining table.
We bought gifts for everyone- clothes for some and jewelry for some.

Meheka was beaming from where I was looking at her because nobody was aware Avesh was holding her hand under the veil she was covering almost whole of her being with.

The veil she was given as a sign of love and the new member of the family, a member who was to bring happiness and wealth with her holy steps into the house.

Her veil was beautiful, net texture with maroon for colour and royal blue from bottom. The borders of her veil was a combination of golden line, red decorating circular stars and hand embroidered work.

If anything the veil was multiplying her beauty.

I was very very happy for my sister, she was getting what she wanted.
She met my eyes and I blinked at her smiling.
She knew I was looking out for her always.

I moved my head down and gazed at my joined palms toying with my ring. I was happy for some other reason. The reason might be me getting what I wanted too.
I smiled to myself.

Since I couldn't look at myself without a mirror so using my peripheral view I looked at the part of my veil, which was sprawled on the sofa where I and my would be were sitting.
My veil was beautiful too.

Mine had a border a little too broad, all red and golden strings, making appearances of lotus flower and outlines.
The end lines with golden beats dangling from. The whole veil was a beautiful master piece of net texture in a blood red colour.

*Somewhere close to what I had in mind*

I was blushing I realised when I imagined myself wearing the complete set—the image of me wearing the whole bridal dress was difficult but the picture was smile worthy.
I looked a little clumsy to myself in my mind, my face wasn’t very clear also but I was liking the imperfections already.

The whole outfit will be made till the dates of our wedding get decided. We need to inform them about the day and the dress will be there five days early.

The bridal outfit is a gift to the bride as a part of good fortune ‘shagun’ from her in-laws and mine wasn’t something different either.

My conscience mocked me when I failed to stop blushing and smiling because they feared I was definitely going to jinx it.

I saw a hand tapping my veil where I was still staring, I furrowed my eyebrows together when the hand gripped the edge of the veil and pulled a little.

I looked up and met his eyes.

He raised his perfectly edged eyebrow and with a small smile nodded his head asking me, where my imagination went to.

I blinked at him. The gesture was incredibly adorable.

Something in my heart left me for instability. I sat there cradling my heartbeats looking at him.

I smiled only a little and looked down again. I didn't wanted to embarrass myself.

My eyes moved to Avesh and Meheka, my sister’s fiancé was drawing circles on her palm and she blushed, trying to hide both of their sneaky act under her veil.

Our fathers were lost in their own world talking among themselves and mothers’ were instructing the house help the order of things and gifts to carry on their respective turns.

Sanidhya was moving around holding a camera of his own beside us calling a photographer.

From my side Avrudh tapped on my elbow, I looked at the site where he tapped then to his face.

The expression he held was impassive but the eyes were speaking.

Like they say, i quote- The eyes have it.

The man of mine held his hand in front of me to hold. Maybe he saw me checking my sister out earlier.

I raised my eyebrow challenging him.

Avesh was the one to hide, whereas his brother doesn't seem like someone who does things leaving hidden. He likes to announce. To read them out loud to one and all.

He read the challenge loud and clear in my eyes because what he did next left me with no choice but to accept him.
Once again.

I was hesitant to give in to him because he was too good for me.

No I wasn’t scared nor was I planning to run away, I was accepting this all with open hands but making sure to leave an impact. I wanted him to keep asking for more.

Just yesterday it was me, who knocked at his door fuming in rage. Seeking answers, wanting him to make me say yes too, and now that after meeting him I’ve said ‘yes’, I didn’t wanted  to give him the satisfaction to inflate his already swollen ego.

He pushed himself flushed to me and sat with no space in between.

I widened my eyes because there was no going back now. I looked at him in shock and everyone wooed at the gesture my would be just pulled.

The butterfly fluttered to life making me aware they sure existed.

I was still staring at him in shock when everybody brought their attention to us.

Meheka and Avesh and Sanidhya made the hooting sounds, this caused our parents to turn and look at the interesting scene that was my life.

Sanidhya holding a camera was recording this all. That duffos.

I looked into his eyes and they said
'bring it on Sadhvi, bring it all that you have to offer I would never leave you disappointed. If anything you will be full, all sated.'

His chin held high, shoulder square and the lips smirking.

A voice in my head that day said, you waited your whole life and now you are blessed with everything.
Everything you ever wanted.

The man you wanted.

He is everything and I was a little taken back with the feeling, because I was feeling too much too soon.

My attraction to him was causing my infatuation for him and I wanted to hide the fact because this was something very unexpected from my part.

Yes, I was certainly looking for mutual affection and this being mutual, was ultimately very risky and I couldn’t afford risk.

The challenging him part, was my defense. Little did I know I was to lose.

We were here locked in a battle to blink first when the sound of people around me reached my ears, they were all looking at us, awing.

Harpreet Bua ji touched both of our heads to break our competition,
“I should have known the suitable match for my Avrudh. Sadhvi compliments you and Avrudh compliments her. How dense I was.”

Blushing I turned my head breaking the eye stare, sore loser or whatever, I needed to lose—not that I was regretting.

This was a battle where my losing can never hurt. I was losing sure but that felt more like winning.

“Sure I do”
Avrudh said in a gruff voice and the birds in my stomach left the cage.

I squeezed my whole being away from him only for him to push closer and Bua ji with the rest of the spectators to laugh.

Bua ji slapping Avrudh’s shoulder said, “Leave her alone Avrudh. Stop bullying her.”

He laughed sitting up straight but never made distance though, his hip was still touching mine and my side was aware of his elbow grazing.

“Bhabhi we should start with the rituals now or Avrudh, here is going to tease Sadhvi non-stop”

Kanika Aunty laughing nodded and beckoned the maid to help her. The maid walked behind her, holding a big tray with lots of stuff in it.

From the extreme left of the corner of their dining hall Kanika Aunty reached in front of a soundly seated me, and beamed even the maid behind here was beaming.

“I welcome you to this family bete.”
She said running a hand through my head, I smiled at her. She turned to the maid who raised the tray.

Taking the ‘shagun envelope’ and a brown coconut, she kept them in my open palms,
“With this, we are accepting you as my daughter”
and then cupping my cheeks she kissed my forehead

Before I could move to touch her feet she turned once again. I panicked a little inside thanking god that I didn’t made a clown out of myself. I was going to touch her feet thinking she was done when she clearly wasn't.

She bent to give me a sari and a jewelry box kept up on it,
“With this I am giving you my best wishes and the jewelry is my gift to you” she opened the box and revealed a beautiful kundan set out from it.

I was a little hesitant to accept it and it showed on my face,
“Don’t worry it is just a gift and if you are going to deny I will get mad and sad both.”

I pursed my lips and smiled at her when she made me wear it over my own piece I was wearing from earlier.

“I am giving all the responsibilities that I had to you from now on. You are to hold this house together now, be the older bahu and hold everyone tight. Keep the people one and for all. Be a mother figure to your younger and a daughter to your elders.”

She cupped my chin and this I took as my opportunity to touch her feet just when Avrudh joined me in too.

We both touched her feet together and she blessed us.
“Saubhagya vati bhava”  
“Saubhagya Shali bhava”       

*may god bless you with good fortune

When aunty left my mummy took in her turn, she gave Avrudh the ‘shagun’ envelope and coconut in his open palm saying,
“I am meeting you for the first time today and I admit I was a little hesitant about giving my precious gem to you but after meeting you, I couldn’t help but be assured and happy”

Avrudh said,
“I promise to make her happy and cherish her my whole life Aunty. You won’t ever hear her complaining.”

My mothers’ eyes welled with tears and she smiling cupped his one cheek and kissed his forehead.
“Thank you bete”

My mother turned and from the tray picked the dress suit material we bought for him yesterday from Diwan Sahab.

My mummy smiling looked at him giving him the gift she brought said,
“Welcome to the family son”

Both Avrudh and I touched her feet getting her blessings. My mother after blessing us both kissed my forehead too and left the stage to the fathers.

My soon to be father in law walked in front of me and giving me a small jewelry box he said,
“I asked Avi’s mother to buy gift from my side too because I am not good with jewelries”

“You didn’t have to, your blessings are enough uncle”

He laughed,
“Oh I must. Welcome to the family bacche. May god bless you and start calling me Dad now”

Smiling we both touched his feet.

My papa ji walked upto Avrudh and smiled at him giving another piece of clothing, a dress shirt and jeans we bought yesterday too.

From his pocket my father fished out a small red box in which he had a gold chain for men, he brought one for Avrudh and one for Avesh too.

Handing the gifts to him my father said,
“I am giving you my pride son, make sure she lives exactly like she is now, with her head held high”
he said these words with a little shake in his voice and then he looked at me
“She is both my heart and brain. She might come out bitter sometimes but trust me there is all honey inside.”

My chin wobbled looking at him.

Father’s always been good at hiding emotions but mine was terrible. His eyes always been revealing. His nose was heavy and eyes were welling, if this wasn’t the happiness and pain together I don’t know what this was.

My eyes prickled and cheeks burned.
“A coconut she look like, hard exterior but a tender and sweet core”
he said now touching my head.

I bent my head low hiding the pain in my throat when a sob escaped, keeping all the things I had on my lap aside I hugged my father tight,
“You are so bad, you deliberately wanted to make me cry.”

He laughed patting my back,
“You are my bravest child. I would never.”

"Its most brave" I said with a voice so shaky, correcting his choice of words even though I knew he was teasing only

"Since when?" My father joked laughing hugging me tight

“I am never going anywhere”
I cried burying my face in his stomach, from the other side I saw my mummy looking upwards too, wiping her tears and so was my sister.

“I would never let you” he hugged me tight. When we pulled back he wiped my eyes and I did the same for him,
“I love you”

“I love you too”

“And I swear I am not going anywhere” I said, all sniffing

From somewhere Sanidhya laughed and entered the scene,
“Oh! This isn’t going to happen. You would leave and for good. Phew. Good riddance”

I chucked him a marigold flower I found kept on the table to which everybody laughed.

“Just wait and watch”

“Oh, you bet” he said

_______________________

I am celebrating my 1k followers, so there will be another update within 24 hours.
Also I had a speech prepared and well rehearsed too but realising mostly nonsense I was speaking, I decided against it.
I just want to thank all my followers, my wattpad fam and every other reader who clicked the like button on my chapters.
I love you guys to bits and wish well for you always.
Thank you so much, without you guys I wouldn't be standing here so tall.

Thanking you,
Ankita 🐿️

~LIKE_COMMENT_SHARE~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 618K 75
An Arranged Marriage Story. #1 Hot (17-11-23) #1 Happyending (17-11-23) #2 Shy (13-11-23) #3 Cold hearted (27- 10- 23) POWER!!!!! That's what he alwa...
192K 6.5K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...
303K 12.7K 25
A marriage with no love. Will it do or divorce? Two people are bound into a relationship where Raghav knows he has to be married someday and doesn't...
1.5M 51.6K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...