The Glorious Flame (#2)

By writeraliciagonzalez

A murderous, psychopathic pixie with a gun meets a equally attractive, maddening prince who also has a gun. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's Note

Chapter 49

12.3K 781 203
By writeraliciagonzalez

Annika

    "I knew they were going to get engaged!" She exclaimed, pausing  her reading activity.

    Soren was jogging on a treadmill, looking all too tempting. "They're gone for twenty minutes and you being to gossip, huh?"

    The couple had come to visit for a couple more days weeks after their initial departure. She had no idea where they were off to now, but she had a feeling that it would be an eternity before they even consider settling down. "I know, I know. But give me some credit, I did predict  it?"

    He nodded. "Anyone with eyes could see it."

    She smiled at him. "Just like us?"

    Soren nodded again. "Except, more stabbing and causing physical harm to one another."

    She looked down at her homework. Her tutor was really starting to give her more challenging readings. She always became nervous when seeing too many long words. "Yes, that's true. I'm not sure I could handle a spar with you."

    "Like you'd lift a finger!" He scoffed. "I'd be fried before anything could ensue."

    "That is also true!" Annika agreed, chewing on the end of the pen that was in her hand. She liked to underline the words she couldn't figure out. These days, thankfully, there weren't as many marks.

    "Your Majesties!" One of the guards came rushing in. The last time one of their staff approached them in such a fashion, her best friend was on the brink of death.

    Annika stood from her place on the ground and Soren got off the treadmill. His feet were light when they met the floor, barely audible. "What is it?" She took his sweaty hand as he got by her side.

    "Hedisa, she's escaped, and Matteo is nowhere to be found either."

    The way Soren could so swiftly transition from a relaxed state still concerned her. "Have you checked in with Tynan?" He immediately inquired.

    "That's just it, Your Majesty, he hasn't returned from his late night endeavors."

    She took in a deep breath and shared a worried frown with him.

    So much for a break from chaos.

Rouhem

    Weeks went by, but they both that they couldn't stay in one place for very long. After stopping by Might Empire to give the news, they decided to visit Edwin and Poppy, who were happily married and expecting a baby. Yeah, Rouhem was going to be an uncle-in-law. Well, at least when they finally got married.

    They were on some beach on some continent. Inferno was on the phone with her parents.

    "I'm telling you, Edwin is happy. He didn't say when he was returning. I know you want to see the grand baby. They just don't want her moving around too much  Don't push it." Aine asked something else. "Yes, we will give you a tour of Soul next week. No, not tomorrow-What do you mean you're already headed that way? No, Kittrix lied to you, we're not there. Tell Ira to stop shouting in the background, I can barely hear you. We just got here. You know what, I'm sure Brexon would love to entertain you in the meantime."

    Rouhem barked out a laugh. "You're evil."

    Inferno winked at him. "Yeah, I guess we can cut this short, but it's still going to be a couple of days." She stopped her pacing, and plopped down next to Rouhem. She sighed. "I feel fine. I already told you, the doctor said I'm as good as new. My back is completely healed. Yeah, no wings yet, but the doctor said that they would take a lot longer to restore themselves so there's still hope there."

    Aine said something else, and Rouhem didn't need to listen in to know that she was giving her daughter some words of encouragement. Inferno looked at him. "The fiancé is fine for now, trust me. No, you cannot speak with him. Because I said so. I don't have a tone. Listen, I'll see you guys soon. I'll tell him. Okay," her face became nervous at whatever her mother said, "I, uh, love you guys too. Bye." She hung up the phone before anything else could be said.

    "That wasn't so hard now, was it?" He teased.

    "Shut up!" She pounced on him and before they knew it, it was an all-out war. They were rolling around in the hot sand as the sun beamed down on them. The waves came up, just below their whirling bodies.

    Like always, she ended up on top. She was pointing her hand at him like it was a gun. "You're lucky I left my killing equipment inside, Prince Rouhem, or this may have gotten really ugly."

    Rouhem leaned his forehead against her fingertip, looking up at the beautiful being that was before him. The sun made it look like she was on fire. It was fitting, of course, for the woman who brought a brilliant light everywhere she went. "Is that so, pixie?" He taunted, he always would.

    She nodded. "People, you know, like you, may have gotten shot. But alas, it's not meant for you—as of today, anyway."

    He smiled at his murderous, psychopathic pixie. "Well, thank you for sparing me."

    She pretended to put the safety on the 'gun'. Then, she put it on her hip. "What can I say? I'm generous. It's a burden, really, being this selfless."

    "So, we're going to serve as tour guides to the Pack next week, huh?"

    She rolled her eyes. "Who knows about tomorrow, let alone next week. Your guess is as good as mine. I mean, I was just your average, asshole pixie when Annika came back years after being kidnapped and sold, became my best friend, took me on this quest to take down some lunatic tyrant. Not only that, but I was killed and resurrected, got sick, had a dramatic family reunion, met an old pal who is currently in the paranormal, supermax prison, got possessed, and technically died again. I didn't even mention the alter prince I fell in love with along the way."

    "I'll just take that as a 'yes'."

    She laughed at him. "Is that all you got from my speech?"

    He shook his head. "No, I liked the part where you said you're madly in love with me, that I'm the best thing that ever happened to you. Basically, I'm a gift from the gods-"

    She smashed her lips against his, sufficiently cutting him off. He was breathless when she pulled away. "Rouhem?"

    "Yes?"

    "This is the part where I say something smart and you chase me."

    He raised a brow. "Saying something smart then."

    She leaned down, looking into his eyes, studying his face. He did it right back. God, she was beautiful. "I can't," she whispered, "for some reason, I just don't want run away right now. Can we skip that part and go straight to sex on the beach?"

     "Yeah, let me go get you that drink-"

    "Rouhem!" She laughed, pinning him down.

    He smiled up at her, and it stretched ear to ear. "Yes?"

    "Do I need to spell it out for you? Hot pixie, hot alter stranded on the beach." Mostly-alter, he corrected in his head. His animal hadn't revealed itself to him yet. It had did not once occur to him that Phelan's possession cloaked the presence of his true alter spirit.

    He smirked at her. "Should we go swimming then? You know, to cool off."

    "I see, I try get straight to the point, but that doesn't work for you, huh?"

    He shook his head.

    She stood up, towering over him as he laid there. "Fine then, have it your way, but just remember, I tried to spare you."

    Rouhem loved when she got riled up like this. "What are you up to, pixie?" Yeah, she was perfect.

    "Why don't you come and find out, Cupcake?" Inferno zipped off before he could interrogate her further.

    Rouhem got up, watching with anticipation as she got farther and farther way, getting ready to play that familiar game with her, except this time, he didn't worry about whether she would get away. She was his home and love and all that other good stuff. Nothing would ever change that, not even an unpredictable future.

    Inferno had a point that there was no knowing what was to come next, and even if they did, he doubted they would want to anyway. 

    Rouhem chuckled to himself, still wondering if he was in a dream, but her mischievous laughter rung out like a siren's song, breaking him from that dangerous and terrifying train of thought.

    Although, he did know one thing if this was all one perfect fantasy: he wouldn't dare ask to awaken.

    Never.

    THE END.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 687 56
The cruel prince of the Crown Pack is determined to reclaim his lost bride, but Ophelia will protect her sister at any cost - even if it means taking...
299K 7.2K 30
BOOK 3 "Dance with me Tallulah." His whisper slithered over my skin, tempting me to comply. I smirked as I brought forth my current, allowing it to c...
27K 741 22
"Now, tell me, mr morning star, what is one of your greatest wishes?" I taunted him. And just as everyone always does, he robotically replies, "Righ...
306K 14.1K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...