The Glorious Flame (#2)

By writeraliciagonzalez

A murderous, psychopathic pixie with a gun meets a equally attractive, maddening prince who also has a gun. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note

Chapter 47

9.6K 679 87
By writeraliciagonzalez

Inferno

    She looked at her parents with mild curiosity. The hopeful look on her mother's face was hard to miss. "We're talking right now aren't we-" She yelped when Rouhem pinched her butt. She cleared her throat. "Sure. What is it?"

    Aine smiled softly. "Now that you have been cured, I understand that our services are no longer required, but I was, no, we all were hoping... that maybe you'd like to be a part of the pack once more."

    Inferno felt like she had been waiting for this since she had finally found them. She hardly contained the great sigh in her body. Even with this excitement, there was still a heavy doubt that weighed on her heart. "Listen, what happened to me wasn't your fault. I know that now-"

    "What did happen to you?" Jameson spoke up with darkness quickly entering his own gaze. "I want to know what happened to my daughter."

    She began to tremble when recalling that night, but was soon soothed by Rouhem who took her hand in his. Warm and strong. Just what she needed. "I don't like to talk about it. Maybe I will in time, but on my own terms. What I can tell you is this: it was no accident. Some fucked up shit happened to me on that ship, the kind that made me hate all of you and myself for many years. What happened to me is what drove me away, and I let all that darkness fester, until I was practically addicted to the bitterness in me. When I came back, I thought it was so that I could somehow make you pay before I die, but..." She looked back at Rouhem, whose curls were the wildest they've ever been. "I realize now that more than revenge, shit, this is cheesy, but more than revenge, I needed family. I needed to stop being such a miserable fucking loner."

    Aine was wiping tears from her eyes, so was Jameson. "You've always had family. We may have failed you in so many ways, but we never failed in loving you, even when you pointed guns in our faces, even when we thought you were dead. I can never tell you how sorry we are for putting you on that ship."

    Inferno sighed. "It was a shit move, admittedly, but I know you would have never sent me had you known what was in store for me. The person who was the real culprit was brought to justice. The only next logical step for me to take is to move on... with all of you, even if you all already drive me nuts."

    It appeared that Aine was going to go in for a hug, but Inferno stopped her in her tracks. "Baby steps."

    Her mother nodded. "Right, of course. Well... we'll see you at dinner?"

    Inferno looked back at Rouhem. "Mmm. No."

    "C'mon," Jameson looked at the two suspiciously, "we'd better get cleaned up in our rooms."

    "Right! Plus, Ira wanted to speak with us." Aine nodded, taking her husbands hand in hers and leading them out of the room, leaving them alone.

    Not able to help herself, she spun around, meeting Rouhem as he too had the same thought. They clashed like usual, pulling at each other, removing anything that stopped them from being skin to skin.

    "Inferno!" He breathed against her lips as he hoisted her up. She hung her legs around his hips, digging one set of nails into his back and the other into his scalp.

    "I need you right now," she practically begged. Inferno needed to feel him, be overwhelmed by him until all she knew was him. He was so warm and strong, so tender and savage simultaneously.

    He nodded, walking them over to the nearest wall, so that he could lean some of her weight against it. She jerked when he began to rub the end of his penis against her clitoris, using her own natural fluids as a lubricant. "Fuck!" He cursed through gritted teeth, having already accumulated a sweat on his brow.

    "Please don't stop!" She began to grind her own hips against him, even as she began to shake and spasm from the pressure of his fervent grinding. 

    He picked up the pace, grunting as he so obviously tried to hold on for her.

    "I can't!" Rouhem urgently spoke as he had clearly gotten himself too close to the edge.

    She did it on instinct, not really thinking about it. She picked up her hips and came down on him so that she was filled with him.

    "Fuck, Inferno!" Rouhem couldn't stand it anymore, but managed to rub her while getting a few hard thrusts in before he came in her. His finger quickened against her, and soon she too was exploding, clenching around him and milking him for everything he had.

    Rouhem took them to the floor, with Inferno still on top. She leaned over him and kissed him gently, still grinding ever so slowly on him, so that she could still feel that sweet, wet friction. It was like he was gasping for air, gasping for her, and she couldn't get enough of it.

    He looked up at her with those adoring eyes. "I meant to last longer," he apologized, cradling her head with his palm.

    Inferno smiled. "That's what they all say." She disconnected them but stayed flush against him. She was officially addicted to Rouhem.

    "Inferno?"

    "Yes?"

    "I wasn't wearing a condom. Are you fertile?"

    She liked that he was curious and not concerned. She, herself, was concerned. She wasn't ready for a little Inferno or little Rouhem to be running around. At least, she didn't think so. "I don't know, I should probably get checked, huh?"

    He swallowed. "I mean, either way I still love you. Would you kill me if I got you pregnant?"

    Inferno made a face of intrigue, trying to ignore the fact that her heart was melting in response to his simple yet powerful declaration. "Perhaps, although I kinda opened the possibility, didn't I?"

    His eyes were bright with amusement. "We should probably use condoms next time then, or maybe birth control? Whatever you want, Inferno. It's your world, I'm just living in it."

    She smiled, an expression that came to her more frequently than ever before. "Now you're getting it."

    "What if I did get you pregnant?"

    Inferno tried to think about it. "Well, I wasn't really planning on ever having kids, but..." She looked down at his chest and traced the tip of her finger against it. "I think I could love an extension of you and I."

    She could tell she'd caught him off guard. "You'd have to love me first, you know."

    Inferno sat up so that she was peering down at him. "Don't let this get to your head, but... I love you too."

    She grunted as he snatched her and pulled her into a tight embrace, and he placed the loudest kiss on top of her head. Inferno felt relief in her heart, like she had finally revealed some deep secret that really wasn't a secret. He knew just as much as she knew.

    "I knew it, you know," he confirmed, "but what can I say? I'm an understanding and patient guy. I knew you'd come along. Now, give me a list of all the things you love about me."

    She rolled her eyes before biting down her lip as a thought came to her. "Besides this?" She questioned, sliding her hand in between them so that she was holding one of his most precious organs.

    Rouhem yelped in surprise. "You're cruel!" He shouted. "Stop that or your egg will be fertilized."

    Inferno laughed, and got up quickly before she could be pulled into his viper-like hold. "All this sexy talk is warming me up again," she looked over at him, realizing that she was giving him the best view of her bare ass and ceaseless legs, "care to join me in our designated bedroom, lover?"

    He was cursing up a storm under his breath. "You drive me crazy, you know that?"

    She laughed at her mate. "Wow, you learn quick."

—————————————————————————

    Inferno was just getting out of the bathroom when there was a knock on the door.

    "It's Annika," Rouhem said, looking as though he would exit their comfy looking bed.

    She waved him off. "Don't worry about it, I got it." She tied the robe around her tightly.

    Inferno opened the door to reveal the queen of Might Empire. "Hey, Annika!"

    Inferno squealed as she was immediately yanked into a hug. She responded by holding on just as tightly, breathing in the scent of her best friend.

    "I know it's kind of late, but you didn't come to dinner, and I really want to talk to you-"

    Inferno kissed Annika on her cheek. "Don't you dare even consider asking me if we can talk," she scolded the queen, "just give me a second."

    She ducked her head back into their bedroom. "Yo, I'm gonna go hang with my girl. Try not to miss me too much-" She barely dodged the pillow he chucked at her.

    Inferno tried to ignore the way Annika was staring at her as they began their walk. They must have been heading to the Royal Gardens. "Listen, Annika, I'm sor-"

    Annika shook her head and took a deep breath. "I've tried to make sense of why you would keep this from me. You'd tell my husband, you'd tell everyone but me... it hurt, when you left, but I doubt what I was feeling could be compared to what you went through." She took Inferno's hand in hers as they continued their stroll. "Had I known-"

    "I know," Inferno couldn't help herself and cut it. "I guess I somehow convinced myself-"

    "Inferno, just listen," Annika commanded though with a gentle approach, "I understand why you did what you did. I wish I could have been there for you, but this isn't about me. This entire journey was meant for you... and for him." Inferno smiled. "Do I wish you suffered less? Yes, but as I'm hearing what has happened while you were gone, I'm beginning to believe that it was supposed to happen this way. I do need you to know one thing though," the pixie listened intently, "I'm stronger now, and I am your best friend. This is the last time you try to spare me of the pain you think I'll experience at the expense that you go through hell alone. Okay?"

    "That's why I'm still so gay for you," Inferno exclaimed, throwing an arm around her best friend's shoulders.

    "Hush," Annika scolded her, leaning her head against Inferno, "our husbands will hear us."

    "Hey! I'm not married!"

    "Not yet." Annika was never good at playing dumb.

    "Is this the part where you say 'I told you so'?" 

    Annika giggled. "I genuinely thought you would murder each other, now you just do it with love."

    Inferno rolled her eyes. "Yeah well, I think I was running away from him too, but somebody got this crazy idea that Rouhem should stalk me." 

    "Yes," Annika had adoration in her voice, "my Siren can be very wise at times. He knew exactly what he was doing."

    "Since when Prince Dickhead become the top matchmaker?"

    Annika gasped at the name, lightly slapping Inferno. "Hey! That dickhead is one of the reasons why you got your mate!"

    "Alright, you've got a point. I doubt I would have ever spoken to Rouhem again. At the rate I was going, I probably wouldn't have even made it to my parents house, but rather die in a ditch somewhere like a bitter, old bitch."

    "Hey! Don't talk like that. Also, were you gonna tell me about the parents and the eight brothers?"

    "Listen, you might have been fine with revealing your dark past, but I wasn't. Don't worry though, I'm sure it'll slip put eventually. For now, I'm gonna let my past stay mysterious, is that okay?"

    "Of course, Inferno. I've just got to say though, the genes are strong in your family."

    "Please at least admit that I am the least annoying one?"

    "Well... I got along fairly well with Dacian and Kollin, oh, and Leon too."

    "I'm sure Soren loved you talking to three of my beefy, beautiful brothers?"

    "Why do you think I came here instead of my own bedroom," she whispered frantically, "he's waiting for me right now!" Her blue eyes were bright with excitement, almost like she was giddy to get to him.

    Inferno couldn't contain her laughter and asked, "How come our men have unlimited stamina? Does it slow down?"

    "It depends on whether he's had a busy day or whether I've had a busy day."

    "Really?"

    Annika smirked. "No."

    "It's good to be back, Queen Annika."

    "It's good to have you back, Inferno." 

Rouhem

    Again, there was a knock on the door. Rouhem got out of bed, hoping it was Inferno, but already knowing who it was.

    He opened the door to reveal his brother. It took one look to know what was going on. "Back to home you go?"

    Brexon dipped his chin. "Yes, Khotaline says everything is fine, but I do not enjoy leaving all that work to her. Besides, the council is getting on her last nerve."

    Rouhem raised a brow at his mild-mannered brother. "Don't they get on your last nerve?"

    "I have the restraint to stop myself from biting their heads off..."

    "Ah, I see," Rouhem responded, "but our dear cousin of ours does not." 

    "Will you be coming home soon? You will hold the mating ceremony there, of course." 

    Rouhem nodded. "She'll want to visit with the queen awhile before we move again."

    "She does understand that you must go home, right?"

    Rouhem looked down at his feet briefly. "I will come home, Brexon. You do not need to scold me."

    "Hey!" Brexon snapped, or his version of snapping anyway. "I just want my baby brother home, that's all. I'm not scolding anyone. Is it a crime to want you home?"

    Rouhem sighed. "Of course not, I'm sorry. You were right, I have been avoiding our home. I dishonor our parents."

    Brexon put his hand on his brother's shoulder. "You know how proud they are of us. You've done justice by your mate, and you know that's all they would have wanted of you."

    "I will send notice ahead of time, I promise."  

    "I always have the bed prepared for you two, you know that." He said nothing for a few moments before giving his brother a light slap on the arm. With the awkward farewell gesture, he quickly disappeared down the hallway.

    Rouhem shut the door, sighing to himself. He sat down on the bed, not really focusing on anything. He just sat there in the silence, trying to avoid the grief that constantly threatened to erupt. So, instead his thoughts wandered toward Inferno.

    It'd been a couple hours since she'd left. He wasn't worried, because he knew the worst was over for now. She was getting the much-needed time with her best friend, Queen Annika.

    He wouldn't be able to sleep without her, but he decided to lay down anyway. 

    With constant breeze blowing in, he was lulled to sleep before he even knew it.

Black Lives Matter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 741 22
"Now, tell me, mr morning star, what is one of your greatest wishes?" I taunted him. And just as everyone always does, he robotically replies, "Righ...
70K 3.7K 52
She was a child formed from the union between a highly successful and charming Chinese man and an intelligent and witty black woman. Although this un...
344 41 30
BOOK 2 'We were both breathing heavily and there was silence throughout the crowd. No cheering, no booing - not even a whisper. Finally, when I felt...
340K 12.8K 21
"What are you gonna do? Call for help and cry?" He cooed. "Shut the fuck up!" Damsel shoved him away, only to be slammed back against the wall again...