Love Me Again

By yueteacake

When her ex-husband, Sean Donovan, had gotten into an accident, Ashley Summer agreed to look after him for a... More

Chapter 1 - Surprising news
Chapter 3 - Reluctant help
Chapter 4 - Ashley's growth
Chapter 5 - Kyle Herrington
Chapter 6 - Therapy with a hidden motive
Chapter 7 - Level of trust
Chapter 8 - Explanation no longer matters
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Exterminate a rat
Chapter 11 - White letter
Chapter 12 - Royal Hotel Appointment
Chapter 13 - Gio Aiolos
Chapter 14 - Sean's visit
Chapter 15 - Why bother rekindling ashes?
Chapter 16 - Tasting program
Chapter 17 - Winter's Breath
Chapter 18 - This stage is for revenge
Chapter 19 - Call from the media
Chapter 20 - Sean is the action man
Chapter 21 - Love was not enough in a relationship
Chapter 22 - Let's meet your man first
Chapter 23 - I can offer a loan
Chapter 24 - I take it because it's money
Chapter 25 - I am old, but never a senile
Chapter 26 - You do not have a stellar record
Chapter 27 - Nothing escapes from your eyes
Chapter 28 - Jean Wander
Chapter 29 - How daring of you to threaten me, Mr. Donovan
Chapter 30 - Clear things up
Chapter 31 - Samuel Donovan
Chapter 32 - When will he 'finally' make a move
Chapter 33 - Injured leg
Chapter 34 - Are you being a pervert?
Chapter 35 - Are you treating me as your sex toy?
Chapter 36 - This is between us
Chapter 37 - Ashley doesn't have that kind of money
Chapter 38 - That asshole judge?
Chapter 39 - Is it too late to get my divorce property?
Chapter 40 - Earning money to pay you back
Chapter 41 - We can't make a mess
Chapter 42 - You are pathetic
Chapter 43 - Where did you hide Tina
Chapter 44 - He won't hurt you anymore
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - Memory lost

15.7K 475 23
By yueteacake

Chapter 2 – Memory lost

Morning arrived and it was supposed to be a fresh new day for the Summer twins, but alas, there seems to be more problem piled onto the Summer twins.

With crossed arms, Ashton stared at his sister with an expression mixed with anger and worry. "Don't go."

Ashley would have laughed if he was not genuinely concerned. "It will build my good karma to help him." She definitely needs some. There was no one replying to their hiring ads, her father got sick, and their restaurant's business was dropping in a sharp decline.

"He does not deserve your help." Ashton practically growled in anger.

"His parents are traveling, and there's no one there to take care of him," Ashley said calmly, despite her feelings was a mess. She dreads to meet him again, after what had happened in the past between them.

Ashley tried not to be hopeful that Sean was still in love with her just because his phone still has her contact number saved under an endearment. He might be keeping her number in case of an emergency and likely forgot to change the name, not because he still has feelings for her. One thing that she knows very well about him was that his work will always his first priority.

And it was his priority that hardened her resolve to ask him for a divorce.

Ashley did not change her number all these years because she found it to be a trouble to change her number just because of a divorce. But secretly, she had hoped that Sean would call her and ask her to return to his side.

Four years passed, but that never happened.

"Don't he have a wife?" Ashton asked grumpily and Ashley feels the same way as well.

"He does, but no one could contact her." Another pang of pain hit Ashley when she remembers that not long after their divorce, he had gotten married again.

Ashley had tried to contact everyone that knows Sean but unexpectedly, most of them could not be reached or claim that they were busy and could not help their amnesia friend. What a heartless bunch of people.

May bad karma fall upon them.

"You don't have to go. You are not his relative. And you are needed here."

Ashley smiled and hugged her brother. "Someone needs to look after him, even if I dislike him. Mom okay-ed me to go too. You will call me when something happens, right?"

"I will." Ashton sighed wearily. "Fine, go and get your heart broken again- Ouch!" He hissed in pain when Ashley punched his arm without controlling her strength.

Even if they were twins, Ashton was a head taller than Ashley. But they shared the same blue eyes and brown hair. Ashton had cut his hair short as if he was still in his military days, while Ashley had let her hair grow to mid-waist, tied up in a neat ponytail.

"I will come back as soon as I can," Ashley promised and grabbed her luggage when she heard the taxi driver honk to get her attention.

Ashton sighed. "Go and come back quickly. I will protect the base."

Ashley snorted. "Stop with these military terms. We run a restaurant, not a military camp."

"Yes, ma'am!" Ashton saluted.

Ashley rolled her eyes at his brother's antics but her expression was gentle and warm. "Thanks." Ashley reached up and gave him a kiss on his cheek. She entered the cab and waved until she could not see Ashton anymore. Only then the smile on Ashley's face disappeared.

Ashley keeps on telling herself why she agreed to take care of Sean was that she could not just leave him alone without anyone taking care of him. However, no matter how much she wanted to deny, her heart actually wanted to see him.

It was despair for Ashley to discover she still loves him, even after so many years.

Ashley could have sleep during the flight, but she was too nervous to do so. Because of that, she stepped out of the plane tired with a mild headache. Rubbing her aching temple, Ashley groaned as she scolded herself for agreeing to come here without putting up more fight. Just like for years ago, she was weak-willed whenever it comes to Sean Donovan.

Even if her heart still longed for him, she understood that he was not for her and must protect her heart from being hurt by him again. She needs to show him that she was strong and independent, no longer that weak woman from four years ago.

Coming here was not only to help him but also to help her get over the last lingering feeling towards Sean Donovan.

Ashley hailed a cab from the airport and headed straight to the hospital where Sean was staying with her luggage. That doctor, Evan, had told her that he would not release Sean unless his guardian or friend agrees to take care of him and sent him for check up on an agreed schedule.

But there was one thing that confused Ashley. Where was Sean's new wife? Why was it difficult to contact her?

Once Ashley started to think of Sean's wife, she wonders if he finally changed his priority, placing work as the second. Or maybe he actually found a wife that does not care if he puts work before her?

Could that explain why it was hard to contact his wife...?

The cab arrived at the hospital before Ashley could finish preparing her heart. With luggage in hand, she ignored everyone's stare as she stood still as a statue in front of the hospital entrance. She was starting to panic and her mind getting busy thinking up excuses for not able to take care of Sean.

"Ashley Summer?"

Ashley jumped and noticed a man donned in a white robe, standing a few feet away from her. "That's me." She was glad that her voice did not betray her panic.

That man smiled, revealing dimples. He held out a hand as he introduced himself. "Evan Blister. I'm the doctor that's in charge of Sean Donovan."

"So that's you." Ashley took his hand and shake it, unable to resist returning his friendly smile. "I'm surprised that you recognize me." She was pretty sure she had not seen him beforehand doubted Sean would have a picture of her in hand.

"No, I'm just guessing, with your luggage and cab." Evan's answer had revealed he had been watching the entrance for a long time. "You look pretty tired."

"Let's just say I have other things to do besides resting."

"You will get more rest while you watch over Sean. He's not a terrible patient." Evan noticed her flinch. "Ready to see him?"

Ashley gave him a smile that seems forced. "Let's go in."

Evan stared at her with examining eyes which Ashley gave him a glare, telling him with her actions that he was being intrusive and rude.

Evan gave her an apologetic smile. "Follow me."

Ashley focused on stabilizing her breathing as she followed him, trying not to think about how Sean would react when he saw her. Ashley could imagine his icy gaze on her, with an expression of disappointment towards her.

As if they had fallen apart because of her.

Ashley shakes her head as if doing so could shake those thoughts away. No matter how cold he might treat her, she will have to take care of him until his wife or his parents come back from wherever they were.

Ashley was just here to gain good karma to overcome her bad luck and to finally pull down the last of her affection towards Sean. She silently wondered if she had developed a masochist trait for anticipating emotional abuse from Sean.

Evan stopped in front of the room. "Before we go in, I want you to know that he is not like he used to."

Ashley frowned. "What do you mean?" Does he mean physically? Had the car accident damaged more than his brain?

Evan looked thoughtful. "I guess you will know when you see him." Evan knocked on the door twice and entered without even waiting for a response.

His action just reminds Ashley of Sean, as he often knocked twice and entered a room without waiting for approval. Sean explained that he did knock first before he entered, so he was not being rude. Ashley had given him an eye roll back then.

Ashley wanted to complain at how unprofessional Evan was as a doctor, for not explaining what the patient's injuries were to her.

Ashley nervously followed the doctor into the room and she immediately focused on the man that she had not seen for four years. Her first thought that he was still as good looking as the last time she saw him.

How could she find him attractive, even when he was wearing a hospital robe!

His black hair was shorter, showing more of his sharp face. His tan had gotten darker, revealing the amount of time he had spent outdoors. He was a lot thinner and Ashley spotted some grey hair.

But his gaze was still the same. Sharp, intrusive, and overbearing.

Without any signs of serious injury, Sean was reading a business magazine and had it put away when they entered the room. While Ashley stared at him, he did the same too. She tried to look casual when he accessing her from head to toe.

"You look different than I remember," Sean spoke first, his voice was deeper than she remembered.

"So do you," Ashley replied coldly.

Sean looked puzzled and she fought not to frown. Did he expect her to greet him warmly? Politely?

Evan let out a cough, getting Ashley's attention. "This is what I mean."

"You will have to explain to me, doctor," Ashley said, suddenly feeling the need to be defensive.

Evan sighed. "He had lost four years of his memories."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.6K 7
"Nate where the fuck have you been? It is three a.m. I have left you hundreds of messages." "Get the fuck out of my house." He said through his teet...
76 0 33
[COMPLETED] FORGOTTEN MEMORIES. I opened the notebook immediately as excitement took over my whole system. But to my dismay, I slammed it close. A li...
128 23 11
A woman suffering from amnesia wakes up married to a stranger, slowly piecing together their past and rediscovering love along the way. mature conten...
674 44 8
The heart will always want what it wants. There is no stopping how you feel, nor will you succumb to despair. You can't be easily erased from Chan's...