✔️ You're not him | K.TH

By metaemorphisis

[Completed] "You're not him." "But I can love you better than him." Slipping through a portal and ending up i... More

PROLOGUE
Who are you?
The Bodyguard
Dating Scandal
New Neighbours
Introductions
Fanboy-ing
Fake Love
Move In
Departmental Store
The Cleaner
Another Shopping Spree
Pack of Ramyeon
Board Meeting
Mr. Einstein
Kim Yeji
Pity & Trust
Squirrel with a bad stomach
The Kims
The Search
The File
Nothing but a Tragedy
Nothing but a Tragedy pt.2
You Belong with Me
You're not Alone
The Blonde Male
The Troublemaker
The Eavesdropper
Interlude: You're not him
Loneliness
Glass of Water
The Emergency Exit
The Telephone
You deserve better
Press Conference
Publicity Stunt
The Traitor
The Confession
Back to Reality
Employee's Party
Bunny Boy
The Autopsy
Make it Worth it
Roller coaster or Waterslide
Love Lies
EPILOGUE

Personal Question

4.2K 344 84
By metaemorphisis

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Personal Question

KIM TAEHYUNG

This has got to be a joke, right?

I rolled my eyes, "Seriously, Jungkook. Now's not the time to be pranking me."

"Hyung! I'm serious! You really think I'd be joking about it right now? With Noona in that state? I-"

Jungkook was cut off as both our eyes fell upon the doctor who just walked out of Jisoo's room, alongside his nurse. He removed the stethoscope from around his neck and tucked it into the pocket of his white coat, "She's resting at the moment. We've connected IV drips to her since her body isn't going to accept any food for now. I advise she stays here till she completely recovers. And also, Mr Kim, can I borrow you for a moment?"

I exchanged looks with Jungkook before standing up and walking along with Dr Kim, away from the waiting room, "Would you mind if I asked you a personal question?"

I hesitated since I didn't know what to expect from his 'personal question' but I nodded anyway, "Yeah...?"

"When was the last time you had a sexual intercourse with Miss Choi?"

I almost choked on my saliva, but quickly straightened myself, "Why...?"

"Did you notice any abnormalities during the intercourse? Like, blood or anything?"

"I- no..." one part of me was clueless as to why Dr Kim was so curious about our non-existent sex life, while on the other hand his questions were starting to worry me.

"I performed normal blood tests and body scans on her, Mr Kim. And I thought you should know that, Miss Choi has a stage 3 of cervical cancer."

My heart almost stopped and my eyes grew wide, "What are you saying...?"

I was in disbelief. I wasn't sure if she knew of it, which would be highly unlikely since stage 3 of any kind of cancer was noticeable.

Dr Kim pursed his lips and gave my shoulder a squeeze, "I'm sorry, Mr Kim, that you had to figure it out this way."

I took a seat beside Jungkook who's eyes were fixed on my side profile. I huffed and looked up at the plain ceiling, resting my head against the wall behind me.

"What did the doctor say, hyung?"

I let out a deep breath, "Since you both are pretty close, did Jisoo ever tell you anything about her health issues, Jungkook?"

"No, why?"

I didn't say anything other than gulp heavily.

"Come on, hyung. Tell me! You're starting to scare me." He whined, slapping my arm continuously.

"She has stage 3 of cervical cancer."

He stopped as he gasped, "What?"

"Yeah..." I sighed, "But Dr Kim said it can be cured."

"And... you're going to help, right? You're not gonna let her die just like that... right?"

I scoffed, "Do you really think so low of me, Jungkook?"

"No, I-"

"Forget it." I sat up straight, "Of course I'll help her. If what the two of you are saying about the alternate universe is true, then she most probably has no cash on her. So I have no choice now, do I?"

"Thanks, hyung!" Jungkook threw his arms around me and almost choked me to death with his embrace, "You're the best!"

I scoffed, "I know."

A small smile tugged on my lips as I relaxed into his hug.

My head lifted up when I heard a pair of heel clicking against the tiles of the hospital floor, "Sorry, I got held up at the agency. I came here as soon as I could!"

I passed her a bottle of water that was sitting beside me, "Have this, you sound like a hyena."

"Kim Taehyung!" She shot daggers and gulped down the remaining contents of the bottle. She wiped her lips with the back of her hand and took a seat beside Jungkook, "I saw the news that she had been taken to the hospital. Is her fever really that bad?"

"No, she just sat herself in an oven to get that temperature." I rolled my eyes. I don't know why I was being so sarcastic towards Jaehee, but from the looks of it, she was probably going to bury me soon. Alive.

"What did Seokjin say?"

"Noona actually has ce-"

"Yeah, it is." I cut him off before he could spill the beans. Jaehee couldn't know about this yet, because if she did then she'd announce it to the agency. This was something personal to Jisoo, and I wouldn't want her to wake up to the news that the whole of Korea now knew about her cancer.

Jaehee eyed me weirdly, but I just looked away with a stoic expression in my face.

Yup, definitely getting buried.

"I'm gonna get some air." I stood up and walked away, in search of a place where I could burn my worries.

Fire Exit.

I leaned against concrete wall of the stair case and flicked my lighter to life. The orange flame danced as I brought it closer to the cigarette between my lips.

I took a long puff in, letting the smoke consume my insides and then released it into my eerie surroundings. I only smoked when I wanted to relieve stress, it made me feel good. It was funny how an inanimate object like this could make you feel better than the people around you.

I scoffed at that thought and too another puff.

Only Jungkook knew of this habit of mine. Jaehee would obviously kill me saying that it's bad for my public image. But every once in a while it felt good to smoke and indirectly say 'fuck you' to the world.

Cancer, huh?

I once knew of someone who had cancer. And that someone, left me to all alone to fend for myself against my pathetic excuse of a father.

A bitter smile came up my lips as I remembered the torturous memories of my past.  I scrunched the cancer stick against the concrete wall and began to make my way up the stairs.

I stopped midway when an abrupt sound echoed throughout the fire exit.

The sound of a camera shutter.

My eyes grew wide as I spotted a figure looking back at me with equal amount of surprise.

Fuck!

And the chase began. I took two steps at a time as I descended down the stairs to catch up with the shorter male who was running away from me with equal fervour.

"Stop!" I gritted my teeth as I got closer.

I sprang upwards, holding the railing for support and jumped a floor below, startling the man with the camera. I held him by the collar and slammed his back into the grey wall, earning a whimper from him, "Delete my pictures! Now!"

"N-no!" He stuttered.

I snatched the camera from his hand and removed the SD card.

"Hey, stop! All my photos are in-"

"Too bad, you're not getting this back!" I sneered, releasing the man from my grasp and making my way back up.

"You'll pay for this!"

I scoffed, tightly squeezing the SD card in my palm, "Watch me not give two flying fucks!"

Hey, guys!!!! I'm so sorry I could update yesterday cuz I had a lot of assignments to do. So here's your update!! Excuse the spelling errors since I didn't proofread it.

How'd you find this chapter?

Was it good or boring? I honestly felt this wasn't my best chapter...

What do you think is going to happen next?

And who do you think that photographer is?

Lemme know your thoughts!!!💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 34 98
"I can't love all of them, I have to choose." You get RM, your childhood best friend, back in your life and meet with the members of the boy band he...
57.5K 2.1K 53
I love you but I can't. -k.th The best way to get over you is to forget about you. -k.js Was it really just fake love... Start: 30 October 2017 End:...
63.9K 1.7K 25
"It wasn't for you, if she called you a slut, and I was seen hanging out with you, it would ruin my reputation." You had fallen in love with Jeon Ju...
8.8K 390 14
*** "I was his past ! and you can never change that " she stated with great pride. " Yes you can be but I am his present and future as well.. let pas...