DEMON'S FATE ( Book 2)

By Loveth58

Grey who was a demon grew up hating angels who he believed killed his father for no reason. He was told how h... More

Authors Note
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
Authors Note
Author's Note

chapter 6

208 44 55
By Loveth58

Grey stood up from his bed. He glanced around his room before he made his way to the restroom. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and noticed he was looking a bit pale.

He shook his head as the event of the previous day played in his mind. He still couldn't believe that all the things that took place had been real. It just felt like a dream.

"I wonder what she's up to," Grey blurted out. "Why do I even care?" Grey asked himself, suddenly realizing what he simply said. "She can jump into the ocean and drown, and I will not care," Grey muttered angrily. He was aware he was not telling the truth about not caring, however, he would say anything simply to make himself feel better.

Grey took a quick bath and exited the bathroom, looking less exhausted. The previous day's events genuinely took a toll on him.

He made his way to the living room and glanced to his left when he heard footsteps. His Mom suddenly made an appearance.

"Good morning, son," Anna said with a gentle smile.

Grey knew what that smile meant, and he was in no mood to talk.

"Good morning," Grey greeted back as he took his seat. He refused to look at his mother, hoping she would get the hint that he had no desire to talk.

But of course!

"Grey, are you alright?" Anna asked with extreme concern in her voice.

"I'm fine," Grey grumbled.

Anna sighed softly. She noticed the way her son looked indignant yesterday and she could tell that something was up with her son.

"You are not fine, son," Anna said after a few minutes had elapsed in silence. "I noticed the way you seemed like yesterday," she added.

Grey ignored her and continued to stare at nothing.

"What happened yesterday?" Anna asked.

A certain face, all of a sudden, popped into his mind. He quickly shook his head to get it out.

'I can't tell her,' he thought to himself.

"Nothing," Grey ultimately answered his mother's question.

"Don't say it was nothing, Grey," Anna raised her voice a little. "You should have seen the way you looked so careworn yesterday, and yet you say nothing happened?" she added.

"Even though something did happen yesterday, I will not tell you anything. It's not like you tell me anything anyway. Why do you want to know what is bothering me?" Grey snapped.

"Grey, you don't understand," his mother spoke back to him. "But I'm your mother and I deserve to know what is going on with my son," Anna said. She was on the verge of tearing up.

Grey sighed softly. He was not in the mood for this. He stood up and made his way to the door without saying anything to his mother.

"Grey..."

Anna heard the slam of the door and a teardrop fell from her eyes.

"I wish I could tell you," she said in a whisper.

"It will get better, son. It will," Anna said as she wiped the tears from her cheeks and went to her bedroom.

Grey walked down the corridor, not having anywhere specific to go to. He heard some angels scream as he walked past the rooms.

"What if one of these angels was her?" he asked himself, unable to use the phrase 'Soulmate'. He shivered at the thought of her being tortured like that.

He shook his head immediately. "This thing is getting out of hand. I need to do something about it. I cannot live like this," he whispered. "People will soon discover that I share my soul with another person and not just anybody, but an angel. It will cause a big disaster," he muttered.

Grey found a spot to sit down, questioning what he was going to do about the matters happening.

But his quietness and ideas were disturbed by his brother's voice. He could hear his brother talking to someone. He just hoped his brother would bypass him even this time.

But of course, it was not going to happen.

"Hey," Josh said as he came into view. He stood in front of Grey as he crossed his arms and looked at Grey intently.

Grey felt a bit uncomfortable with his brother's stare. If it were any other day, he wouldn't appear fazed. However, sharing his soul with another person made him a little self-conscious.

'What if he can see it?' Grey asked himself.

"Why are you sitting here?" Josh asked.

"It's none of your business," Grey replied confidently, after he was sure his brother had not sensed anything.

"Your hand is looking better," Josh said as he motioned towards Grey's hand.

Grey ignored him and acted as if his brother was not even there. He wanted space to think and his brother was intruding.

"I wonder what Uncle Beelzebub saw in you," Josh said looking at Grey in a despicable manner. "You are not even a respectable son," he spat.

Grey was very angry. He hated it when Josh continually reminded him that his mom was not the soulmate of his father.

"Did I hit a nerve?" Josh sneered, noticing the anger in Grey's eyes.

Josh laughed softly, "Your mother is of no good. She just crawled into my father's bed, attempting to take the position of my mother. She is not even respectable enough to leave other people's soulmates alone and find hers. I'm sure she is sleeping with Uncle Beelzebub."

That was how far Josh could go before a punch landed on his face.

Grey could no longer keep sitting there and watch his mom being insulted. He could take Josh's insult as long as it was about himself, but when it came to his mother, Josh had just crossed the line.

Grey punched Josh very hard on the face.

"NEVER TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER LIKE THAT!"

Grey shouted as he punched Josh one ultimate time before he stood up and looked at Josh's helpless body on the floor. He left from there, leaving Josh behind.

Grey marched angrily as he made his way home.

"Hey, Grey," Erna started to say but stopped immediately. She saw how Grey's eyes had darkened. His breathing was coming out ragged and his fist was clenched.

"If you say one word out of your mouth, I will choke you to death," Grey warned as his eyes flashed red.

Erna gave him space rapidly. She whirled the other way and hurried out of his sight.

Grey reached his home and went straight into his room, slamming the door shut.

***

Ariel had been in her room all day. She refused to go downstairs even to have her breakfast. She was looking down. She desired to return to the field to see if the demon had shown up, however, she knew he wasn't there. She did not know how she was aware of that but she simply knew.

She sighed softly as she stood up from her bed. She went straight for her window and glanced outside.

"I wonder what he is doing right now?" she thought to herself. She could feel her heart racing upon simply thinking about him.

"This is so messed up," she whispered to herself. "He might be killing Angels for all I know," Ariel muttered and the idea of him killing Angels did not sit well with her. "I simply hope that the demon finds an answer to all that he said. I cannot live like this," she added. "It's killing me to lie to my parents. This demon is causing a lot of hassle to me," she muttered angrily.

She walked to her bathroom and shut the door. She stripped herself as she turned on the water. She enjoyed the cold water on her skin. The water seemed to help her distract her mind from her problems.

A few minutes later, she got out of the bathroom, looking sparkling and a little relaxed.

She thought about going downstairs but she just did not prefer to see the look of disappointment on her father's face.

She sat down on her mattress, looking up at her ceiling. She sighed softly, "When is this going to end?" she asked in a whisper.

Raguel was sitting in the living room with his father and Samael.

Elena had gone out with her mother for grocery shopping whilst Michael was out doing his thing.

"She has been refusing to come downstairs since this morning," Raguel said glancing at his father and Samael, with a concerned expression on his face.

"I don't understand why she is refusing to talk to me," Raguel said, slightly shaking his head.

"I do not understand why, but I think she will come around," Raphael said as he patted his son's shoulder.

"When?" Raguel whispered

"Soon, son," Raphael replied with a tiny smile on his face.

"Why don't you go talk to her upstairs? And make sure she comes downstairs with you? She has to eat something," Samael suggested.

Raphael nodded his head in agreement. "I know you do not want your wife to be worried about Ariel for skipping her meals," Raphael said, smiling. "Come on, son. Go bring your daughter downstairs," he added, urging Raguel to stand up.

Raguel subsequently stood up and headed for his daughter's room.

***

Ariel was still staring at her ceiling when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in," she said loudly.

Raguel entered and shut the door behind him.

"How are you feeling?" Raguel asked.

Ariel was surprised by his question, she thought her father would persuade her to inform him about what was going on.

"I'm fine," Ariel replied.

"Come on, let's go downstairs so you can eat something," Raguel said, smiling.

Ariel was surprised. "Aren't you going to ask me what happened yesterday?" Ariel asked quietly.

Raguel smiled at his daughter. "You will tell me when you are ready," he said confidently as he ushered his daughter out of the room. But before they could make their way downstairs, Ariel grabbed her father and hugged him.

"Thank you for understanding," she said with a smile on her face.

Raguel nodded his head.

They made their way downstairs and Ariel rapidly devoured her meal like a hungry lion.

Her mother and grandmother came back from their shopping trip to the grocery store and the complete family settled in the living room as they all gossiped and laughed.

Ariel was very thankful that she had an understanding family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 3.1K 28
Unjustly accused of murder, the Demon of Wrath joins forces with the Archangel of Justice to find the true culprit. ____ Sannarah lives from one dead...
20.7K 2.7K 32
Love! The beautiful and purest bond. It changes everything in someone's life,from a person's everyday routine to their behaviour. Here,a devil,heartl...
9.7K 379 38
She's not your average girl. Tossed into the world of guns and death at a young age, She's already used to it all. Trained to become a cold-hearted...
116K 7.1K 26
#1 in spiritual in Emerald Gem Awards 2020 #3 in spiritual section in Starlight Awards 2020 It is a story of a girl who love the life. Who was a liv...