talking stage- a sokeefe huma...

By LIHokulani

*COMPLETED w/alternate ending* Her whole life, Sophie Elizabeth Foster has been out of place and lost. That i... More

A/N
chapter zero: i see fire
chapter one: a fresh start
chapter two: new girl
A/N (sorry)
chapter three: deck?
chapter four: a day in the life
A/N (whoops)
chapter five: a day in the life
chapter six: fitz's back to school bash
chapter seven: skylar hudson
chapter eight: home at last
chapter nine: number/ cousin's fury
chapter ten: getting to know you
chapter eleven: biana's advice
chapter twelve: making up
chapter thirteen: gods?
chapter fourteen: the sleepover
AN: Before I post the next chapter... + we hit 1K!
chapter fifteen: collision of the fandoms
chapter sixteen: ditching spot
chapter 17: drooly boys
chapter 18: tryouts
chapter 19: roasting 101
A/N: ships
chapter 20: talk with dex
chapter 21: everglen
chapter 22: the game
chapter 23: marcus and elwin, one new face! unfortunately
chapter 24: the proposal
chapter 25: silver salties
chapter 26: she wrote this?
chapter 27: myers briggs
chapter 28: ryan
chapter 29: marella's announcement/triple double
chapter 30: heartbroken
chapter 31: your ex is my ex
chapter 32: snow time!
chapter 33: the thing about maruca
chapter 35: mission accomplished
chapter 36: shopping
chapter 37: midterms
chapter 38: xmas party; gingerbread & frosting
chapter 39: xmas; presents and almosts
chapter 40: skiing with the crew
chapter 41: 2020
chapter 42: messed up promposal
chapter 43: dance with me, foster
chapter 44: friends?
chapter 45: fangirling (spoiler, boys do it too)
chapter 46: grady's approval
chapter 47: march 13
A/N: we need to address this.
quarantine diaries: sophie
quarantine diaries: keefe
quarantine diaries: text messages
chapter infinity and one: dear past self
part two: happy endings
A/N: the actual end
everyone hates me, but hey, what's new?
alternate ending pt.1
A/N: a long overdue explanation
alternate ending pt.2

chapter 34: t-swift

1.4K 27 133
By LIHokulani

*Sophie POV*

"Karaoke time!" Biana flies over to the microphones and untangles the wires. "Sophie, be a dear and help your best friend out." I leave the group and help Biana untangle the cords. 

"How did you even manage to get them tangled like this?"

"It was Biana," Fitz comes and helps us. "She always will sing at random times in the day. She says it's practice for drama," he rolls his eyes.

"I bet it pays off," I finally untangle the cords and hand Biana the mic to plug into her machine. 

"It does. Who wants to start?" Fitz holds up the microphone like a prize.

"Me!" Biana grabs the mic greedily. "Okay, DJ Biana, play 'You Belong with Me'," Biana commands herself, clicking around on her computer. "What is happening?"

"Do you need help?" Dex goes over to her and does some techy stuff on her laptop as Fitz and I go back to the semi-circle.

"Oh, there we go! I'm good now, thank you," Dex returns to her seat as the music starts playing. 

"You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset, she's goin' off about something that you said, 'cause she doesn't get your humor like I do..."

We all sit there, enjoying the performance, (which Linh says is directed towards Tam), (which I  believe). 

"Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you, been here all along, so why can't you se-e-e you belong with me-e-e!"

Oh yeah. Definitely about Tam. 

The song ends and we all give her a standing ovation. Tam looks... well, it's hard to describe. He looks regretful, but also like he's had a life changing epiphany... 

Welp. Linh and Biana's teachings can only get me so far. 

Speaking of Linh, she's up next. She starts singing, and it's beautiful. Like an angel. 

"Linh's really good."

"Yeah, she's very talented in the arts," Tam whispers.

"Oh really? What else does she do?" I sound more surprised than I really am.

"She plays the piano, she loves painting, and she's a really good dancer."

"I didn't know Linh did a sport."

"She doesn't. Ballet is an art."

"Yeah, but does she compete?"

"Yeah," Tam raises his voice.

"Then it's a sport!" I yell accidently, ruining Linh's performance. "Oh, sorry about that..." I blush.

"What's a sport?" Marella asks.

"Ballet."

"Then it depends on the circumstan-" Dex starts, but is cut off by Fitz.

" A sport, by definition is: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

"And ballet is that!" I protest.

"You know what, I don't play sports so I'm just gonna stay out of this..." Dex separates himself from the group and pulls out a book.

"No, they aren't going head to head! It's being judged, then compared to others!" Tam argues.

"Is gymnastics a sport?" Marella asks, trying to fuel the argument, (which she does successfully.)

"Yes! It requires physical exertion!" I yell.

"A sport is a head to head competition that utilizes a certain physical skill!" Tam counters.

"No, it doesn't have to be head to head! Is chess a sport?"

"No, it's not physical!"

"But it's head to head!"

"Doesn't make it a sport!"

"Exactly!"

We continue to bicker, the others interjecting at certain points in the argument. 

"Ballet is art, and not a sport!"

"Is karate a sport?" I ask.

"It depends. Karate can be a sport, but it's also a Martial Art."

"Just like ballet!" 

He's finally understanding!

"No!" Tam starts getting flustered. "Ugh!"

"If I don't stop this, things could get out of hand..." Linh thrusts the mic at Tam. "It's your turn!"

"I don't do karaoke," Tam scowls.

"You could freestyle," Biana suggests.

"Doubtful."

"You can be Tam the Rapper!" Fitz bursts out laughing.

"Fine." Tam stands up and grabs the mic. "I'm not going to freestyle, but I'll rap."

"You should do 'I'm the One'!" Biana sets up her computer.

"We the best music! Another one! DJ Khaled!" Tam belts. "Yeah, you're lookin' at the truth, the money never lie no...I'm the one, yeah, I'm the one..."

"I can't believe he's actually singing," Keefe scoots next to me. 

"He's in a band," I whisper back.

"True. You know, you haven't sung yet."

"Neither have you."

"We should do a duet."

"That would be fun."

"Let's do it."

"Okay."

"I am the one for you (I'm the one) yeah I'm the one..." Tam finishes his song, earning him a round of applause. 

"It's time," Keefe grabs my hand and we stand up together. "We'll sing to 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction," he tells Biana, letting go of my hand, leaving it cold.

"I don't live under a rock, you don't need to tell me who it's by," Biana says sassily and turns on the beat.

"You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-o-or," Keefe starts singing without me, acting out the lyrics. 

"Don't need makeup, to cover up, being the way that you are is eno-o-u-u-gh," my nerves ease as I sing.

"Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but yo-ou!"

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE!" we grab each other's hands and start jumping up and down, signing without a care in the world, "THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED! BUT WHEN YOU SMILE AT THE GROUND IT AIN'T HARD TO TELL! YOU DON'T KNO-O-OW, YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, OH OH!"

"That's what makes you beautiful," Keefe whispers as we separate. He stops singing, but I swear I hear him mutter under his breath, "and really annoying."

We continue singing the song, jumping around, having the time of our lives until the song comes to the last verse. We stop jumping around and face each other, singing softly.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell..." 

"You don't know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful."

"If only you saw what I could see, you'll understand why I want you so desperately..."

"Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe..."

"You don't know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful, oh oh..."

"You don't know you're beautiful, oh oh..."

"That's what makes you beautiful." Keefe tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and my heart flutters.

That's a new one.

"That was so romantic!" Biana coos in a sing song voice. I blush and start picking at an eyelash.

"The woman's got a point," Marella adds.

"She's right," the rest of the crew (yes, Tam included) agrees. 

"You know that song really enca-" Biana starts when Tam's phone rings. 

"One sec, I'll be right back," he gets up and leaves the room. Linh starts to follow him when Dex holds her back.

"Let him be," he tells her.

After a while, the door to the bonus room creaks back open, revealing a shocked Tam. 

"She-she-she dumped me... for L-liam."

Yeah!! Tam's single!! You know what's coming!!!

Hope you liked it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 13 19
Sophies a human- her and her parents, Grady and Edaline, (much to sophies dislike) move houses in the middle of the year and Sophie is forced to go t...
61.4K 600 20
Sophie Foster finds herself in a fight with everyone she knows- and it's all because of a misunderstanding. Sophie was accused of something she had n...
141K 1.7K 39
"Okay. Let's get this straight. For some bizarre reason, we wake up in the same bed and a six-year-old girl claims that we are her parents and refers...
333K 6.3K 27
Sophie and Keefe both start at Foxfire Uni, but can they resist the bond that pulls them together? ( human au ) highest rankings: #1 in sokeefe #1...