His Light, Her Darkness

By FoggyCloudyWords

"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: The Men In Suits
Chapter 3: Chop Off His Head
Chapter 4: The Interview
Chapter 5: First Glance
Chapter 6: The Day Her Fate Was Sealed
Chapter 7: Dinner Disaster
Chapter 8: A Night To Forget
Chapter 9: In The Spotlight
Chapter 10: Bumping Into Him
Chapter 11: Becoming His
Chapter 12: Kidnapped
Chapter 13: A Brief Goodbye
Chapter 14: Shipment Awry
Chapter 15: Lamb In The Lions Den
Chapter 16: A Familiar Face
Chapter 17: The Cellar
Chapter 18: A New Friend?
Chapter 19: This Is How A War Begins
Chapter 20: Apology Denied
Chapter 21: Guilt Only Extends So Far
Chapter 22: Sickness
Chapter 23: Forgiveness Doesn't Come Easy
Chapter 24: A Normal Past
Chapter 25: Looking For The One Who Took Her
Chapter 26: Interrogation
Chapter 27: A Promise
Chapter 28: Under Surveillance
Chapter 29: The Babysitter
Chapter 30: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 31: The Storm
Chapter 32: The First Threat
Chapter 34: Arrival
Chapter 35: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 36: Settling In
Chapter 37: What Did The Orange Ever Do?
Chapter 38: BINGO!
Chapter 39: Breaking Point
Chapter 40: The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 41: One Too Many Snacks
Chapter 42: Acceptance?
Chapter 43: The Ball
Chapter 44: The Daring Escape Pt. 1
Chapter 45: The Daring Escape Pt. 2
Chapter 46: The Daring Escape Pt. 3
Chapter 47: Reunion
Chapter 48: Safe
Chapter 49: The Rain Has Fallen
Chapter 50: Terrible Things
Chapter 51: Feels Like Home
Chapter 52: A Misunderstanding
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Time To Go Home
Chapter 55: Realisation
Chapter 56: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 57: When Lies Unravel
Chapter 58: Love
Chapter 59: Per Favore
Chapter 60: Hate
Chapter 61: An Empty Promise
Chapter 62: Before, When Things Weren't So Bad
Chapter 63: Not All's Forgotten
Chapter 64: The Future Only Encompasses Death
Chapter 65: Shattered Soul
Chapter 66: A Relief So Great
Chapter 67: This Is The End
Chapter 68: Happiness
Chapter 69: I Need A Gun
Chapter 70: See You On The Other Side
Chapter 71: The Funeral
Chapter 72: Long Live The Marino Empire
Chapter 73: It's Over
Chapter 74: The End
Epilogue
SEQUEL (Discontinued)

Chapter 33: Apple Juice Is Better

331K 10.1K 8K
By FoggyCloudyWords

Mia Jones POV:

It's the warmth that encumbers me which awakes me from my heavy sleep.

My eyes slowly open to reveal an unfamiliar environment, glazed with the haze of having just woken up. I reach for my face to wipe the sleep away, but am stopped by the heavy arms wrapped around me.

I squirm in my seat as I move my head to see Matteo holding me close to him. And even worse, he's awake...

His dark eyes penetrate mine, and he seems to be searching for something within me. Though I don't give him much time to look as I avert my eyes to anywhere else and continue to attempt to move away from him.

"Let me go." I groan as the memories from prior come flooding back into my brain in the form of one massive headache.

Matteo drugged me. He's taking me to Japan.

I let out a quiet whimper. "Let me go." I say firmer as I gain more access to the movement of my limbs. Reluctantly Matteo loosens his grip on me and I stumble from his arms.

My ears and head hurt. There's a pressure that won't go away, and I hold onto my head hoping that time will get rid of it.

As I look more over my surroundings, I realise where I am.

I'm on a plane.

Seats line the edges of the cabin, all leather and recliner. It's a private jet, and occupied by what I can tell only Matteo, Dante and I.

Dante sits a few seats away, looking on his phone.

I turn back to Matteo who has his eyes planted firmly on me. "W-why?" I ask.

But I know I won't get an answer. I never do.

"To keep you safe." Matteo replies. I let out a sigh and stumbled backwards away from him. To keep me safe? What does that even mean? He's the one who put me in danger in the first place.

"Stay away from me." I hiss.

I can't seem to tear the memory of him drugging me as if it was a regular occurrence, something he does often.

I physically feel ill just at the thought of it. And now I'm on my way to Japan with my captor for however long. This is not good, and the fact that I'm both mentally and physically exhausted doesn't help either.

I sit down on a chair furthest from either of the men and bring my legs up to my chin. I feel much colder now without Matteo holding me, the goosebumps prove it, but i would never admit that to him. I don't want to even imagine what he did with my body while i was unconscious.

I don't feel any pain anywhere, which is reassuring, but even just knowing he touched me... Held me.

I writhe in disgust.

Why can't he just let me go? Why does he want me? Me, out of all people!

The only things he's done to me is cause me pain, like locking me up in that cellar.

Oh god. 

Scott.

I promised him that I would be back. I made a promise, and I never returned. I didn't say goodbye... I didn't even try to help him or get food to him. I broke my word.

Tears begin to silently slip down my face, which just so happens to catch the attention of Matteo who I haven't failed to notice is still watching me. It's as if he feels if he were to look away, I would disappear.

If only I could...

He stands from his chair and comes towards me, taking residence in the seat opposite me, where it's hardest for me to wriggle from his sight.

"I'm sorry." He says.

My ears perk up at his apology. One that I didn't even have to ask for. One that he didn't even have to say. My eyes accidentally wander to him, but I luckily stop them before they get to his face. And instead, they planted him on his hand.

Specifically the one I stabbed.

It's wrapped up in a bandage, but it looks fine. He still managed to hold me still when he knocked me out with chloroform.

I can't accept his apology. It would go against every bone in my body. But that doesn't mean I don't want to. I feel compelled to forgive him. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but then again I've never been kidnapped.

I nod my head, neither accepting or denying his apology.

"We will be arriving in Osaka in ten hours, so i suggest getting some rest." He says as he leans back in his chair, making himself comfortable.

I don't think I'll be able to properly rest as long as he is staring at me.

My stomach growls loudly, and I notice the small smile creeping up on Matteo's face. "Hungry?" He asks.

I nod my head once again.

He presses a button on the inside arm rest of his chair and within a minute, a flight attendant walks out with a menu in her hand.

"Good afternoon Sir." She says as she hands the menu to him and I. "This afternoon our specials are beef tenderloin with roast vegetables and carbonara."

Matteo looks at me expectantly, and I realise he wants me to choose. "Carbonara." I say.

Carbonara is one of my favourite foods. Mum always used to make it back in Australia. Her recipe was the best as she said she had learnt from Dad how to make it, back when they lived in Italy together.

"Make that two." Matteo says.

"Any drinks?" The flight attendant asks.

I look down at my menu seeing the array of different alcohols, all the expensive kind. As much as getting drunks has its perks, I'm really not in the mood.

Matteo asks for a glass of red wine, while I ask for orange juice.

Matteo gives me a funny look as the flight attendant walks away. "Orange juice?" He questions.

I roll my eyes. He's kidnapped me, drugged me, and is dragging me to Japan, and now he's judging my choice of drink? Who does he think he is?

I look away.  "Apple juice is better." He says.

"No it's not." I mumble back without thinking.

I can almost feel the smirk that appears on his face.

Within fifteen minutes the food appears and my mouth begins to salivate. The smell is heavenly, and I want nothing more than to savour every bite. I begin digging in with my fork, and the flavours of home instantly make me home-sick.

Of course it's not as good as the one Mu makes, but it's a good enough substitute for the time being.

"Good?" Matteo asks as he watches me eat.

I nod.

"Carbonara is one of my favourite dishes. Back when I was a child in Italy, I would refuse to eat anything else."

I look up at him as I slurp some of the pasta into my mouth.

I feel strange at his proclamation. Why is he telling me this? I continue eating, and ignore his attempt at conversation. If we talk, that means i'll get to know him, which can lead to a number of possibilities, none of which i want to entertain.

I don't want to know who Matteo is. I don't want to know his likes or dislikes. I don't want to know his goals or aspirations.

I want him to remain the terrible person that I have envisioned inside my head.

Once I'm finished, I take a swig of my orange juice, looking outside the window. The sun has begun to set and now the sky is a mix of pinks and oranges. It's beautiful.

I look down at the deep blue ocean beneath us. It reminds me of just how big this world is. Just how far away from home I am.

"You need to sleep." Matteo says as he stands.

I look up into his eyes. His face is once again a blank slate, devoid of any and all emotion. "Once we get to Osaka, I expect answers."

I look at him puzzled. Answers? Answers to what?

He notices my confusion, and his face darkens as if he's recalling something horrible.

"Don't think I've forgotten about your little slip up."

With that, he walks away, leaving me to my thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys!
I'm so sorry I didn't post last night! To make it up to you all, I'll be posting twice today!
Hope you enjoyed!
-FoggyCloudyWords

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 990 6
~โ€ข~: - watching the movies hp x criminal minds {*something bad is 'bout to ha...
3.3M 93.6K 48
"We're soulmates." Draco said as soon as Hermione opened the door. "That's rather straight-forward, don't you think, Malfoy?" -=- Draco Malfoy; 19...
59.8K 1.9K 35
"แด€ส€แดษชษด? สœแด‡'๊œฑ แด„แดœแด›แด‡." "(ส/ษด)? ๊œฑสœแด‡'๊œฑ ๊œฑแด แด˜ส€แด‡แด›แด›ส." แด€ษด แด€ส€แดษชษด x ส™สŸแด€แด„แด‹ ๊œฐแด‡แด ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€ แดกสœแด‡ส€แด‡ แด›แดกแด Qแดœษชแด‡แด› ษชษดแด…ษชแด ษชแด…แดœแด€สŸ๊œฑ ษชษด แด€ ๊œฐส€ษชแด‡ษดแด…๊œฑสœษชแด˜ ษขส€แดแดœแด˜ แด๊œฐ สŸแดแดœแด…ษดแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แด‡xแด˜สŸแดส€แด‡ แด›สœแด‡...
244K 4.7K 30
"๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—ป ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜๐˜๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ด." "๐—ถ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ผ...